Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 12378 times)

Online angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 36 General Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2023, 01:42:16 PM »
casting for TAR 37 might began?  from jesse ig story there will be casting call at cleaveland

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2023, 02:40:04 PM »
Yup, this is the Instagram story from Jesse and it looks to be confirmed early casting for season 37.
Additionally, I checked the cbs.com/casting page for The Amazing Race and looks like they've updated it.

Unsure if the mid-October filming date is new or just old from season 35. But the June-September 2023 callback dates are definitely new.

And aside from that, is there any news as for when season 36 should be starting? Both seasons 34 and 35 started on the 25th of the month, so that's coming up very soon. If it's still going to be late-May they must be in sequester already and getting ready to go? Unless there's been any delays?

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2023, 02:47:31 PM »
Unsure if the mid-October filming date is new or just old from season 35. But the June-September 2023 callback dates are definitely new.
They never updated the October filming date during 36 casting (I checked every so often incase they did), but yeah I think the callback dates is definitely new and if it is, the October filming date may probably be accurate.

And aside from that, is there any news as for when season 36 should be starting?
We're looking at a June start date right now. Not sure if I'm allowed to say more than that (I'll let someone like Peach say something more if they want to), but we don't think the season will be starting for a few weeks so we can relax for a bit now while we wait.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2023, 03:17:50 PM »
i wonder when will filming of tar 36 will start? last year TAR 34 started filming 4 days after TAR CAN 8 finished filming.

The answer now seems to be mid-late June, i.e. late spring and/or early summer.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2023, 04:33:20 PM »
i wonder when will filming of tar 36 will start? last year TAR 34 started filming 4 days after TAR CAN 8 finished filming.

Sorry but I don't think that is a sure bet...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2023, 06:00:47 PM »

Oh no, I hope everything is alright. Earlier it was announced filming would take place from May to June just like season 34 did last year around this time.

Alex Stern said on her Instagram story that filming will be in the May-June range!

So if that's changed I wonder what caused that? I don't think the Writer's Strike would delay TAR production, would it? Hopefully there's not too big of a delay and the season can film soon.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2023, 07:43:50 AM »

Cheers, I stand corrected.

Offline bobibo01

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2023, 07:39:37 AM »
Somebody from Reddit said that while they were on a tour in Sofia, Bulgaria, a couple with a camera crew stopped them. Could it be pre-race runs?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/13um6lk/do_we_know_if_season_36_is_filming_yet_if_not/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2023, 09:06:44 AM »
Somebody from Reddit said that while they were on a tour in Sofia, Bulgaria, a couple with a camera crew stopped them. Could it be pre-race runs?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/13um6lk/do_we_know_if_season_36_is_filming_yet_if_not/?ref=share&ref_source=link
The Amazing Race Israel is currently filming so that might be them.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: May 31, 2023, 06:46:07 PM »
This is pure speculation, but The Challenge is about to film its 2nd season back-to-back (and third in the past two years) in Croatia so clearly Paramount has a good relationship with the country so it might be possible that we could see a leg there this season. Again, just spec with no other proof to go off of at this time but it's worth keeping an eye out for whenever we begin filming.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: May 31, 2023, 07:55:53 PM »
^

Anything but Dubrovnik, e.g. Zagreb and the Plitvice Lakes.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: May 31, 2023, 07:58:49 PM »
Of course, anywhere in Bulgaria would be even better.

Offline sveped

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #187 on: June 01, 2023, 09:14:43 AM »
Of course, anywhere in Bulgaria would be even better.

Sunny Beach?  :funny:

But agree, Bulgaria would be amazing.
They could also visit Slovenia. Or having a leg within three countries, like Croatia-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Montenegro or Italy/Austria-Slovenia-Croatia.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #188 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:08 PM »
Yup, this is the Instagram story from Jesse and it looks to be confirmed early casting for season 37.
Additionally, I checked the cbs.com/casting page for The Amazing Race and looks like they've updated it.

And aside from that, is there any news as for when season 36 should be starting? Both seasons 34 and 35 started on the 25th of the month, so that's coming up very soon. If it's still going to be late-May they must be in sequester already and getting ready to go? Unless there's been any delays?
All this casting makes me believe  that mayb someone or some people pulled out .Or a cbs head cut most of the 36 cast like they did perez decades ago. I think these are last minute changes .Why would they start casting  on new season when 36 hasn't filmed yet .tar ain't cbs favourite  for them to be that fast . feels suspicious to me .Or maybe alliances had formed,I don't know  what to make of casting on the rumoured day of / month of filming.

Offline Jack3257

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2023, 09:21:05 PM »
This is pure speculation, but The Challenge is about to film its 2nd season back-to-back (and third in the past two years) in Croatia so clearly Paramount has a good relationship with the country so it might be possible that we could see a leg there this season. Again, just spec with no other proof to go off of at this time but it's worth keeping an eye out for whenever we begin filming.

I feel like this season might be heavy on Africa and Oceania/Australia (maybe Asian?). 

Do we know if this season is commercial or charter?

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: June 01, 2023, 09:28:20 PM »
All this casting makes me believe  that mayb someone or some people pulled out .Or a cbs head cut most of the 36 cast like they did perez decades ago. I think these are last minute changes .Why would they start casting  on new season when 36 hasn't filmed yet .tar ain't cbs favourite  for them to be that fast . feels suspicious to me .Or maybe alliances had formed,I don't know  what to make of casting on the rumoured day of / month of filming.
Trust me, they are way too close to the start to be making any last minute changes like that. It's for 37. 36 casting is complete. No need to look too much into things. Casting for 35 started in June as well while 34 was filming. It's not out of the ordinary.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2023, 08:37:37 AM »
When is the filming supposed to happen?

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2023, 09:21:36 AM »
In a week or two. I'm sure Peach and the team will get TAR36 related threads posted when we're nearing the start so just hang tight for now.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2023, 11:22:54 PM »
In a week or two. I'm sure Peach and the team will get TAR36 related threads posted when we're nearing the start so just hang tight for now.

I'm excited to do detective work again. I need something exciting happening in my life right now.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2023, 07:56:26 AM »
I just hope if they go to Japan (which seems likely), the new way they do the show of trying to do things outside more often will get their creative juices flowing. Crazy that such a prime location never has good lugs.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2023, 09:00:01 AM »
Why is Japan more likely than other places?  Am I missing something?

Online angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2023, 09:44:21 AM »

I'm excited to do detective work again. I need something exciting happening in my life right now.
Me too i cant wait to find where they will be headed soon

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2023, 10:31:07 AM »

Seconded, versus South Korea and/or Taiwan.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2023, 10:50:53 AM »

I always loved legs in China.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2023, 09:20:39 PM »

I always loved legs in China.

I think China is indefinitely out of the picture. The political situation has changed so much since they’ve last been there  and you still have to COVID test. JP just recently dropped their last requirements a few months ago.

Maybe mainland China being out of the picture will mean they’ll go back to Taiwan tho.