Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 14189 times)

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 36 General Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2023, 05:16:04 PM »
Also I think this might be something the show might take advantage of.

https://www.travelandleisure.com/taiwan-paying-tourists-incentive-plan-7113445

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2023, 09:52:32 AM »
^

First or second, and how long after the latest one?

Taiwan's the East Asian destination most overdue for a revisit in any case.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2023, 01:44:09 PM »
I'm guessing they're going to make people who come on the show keep up with their boosters but I wonder how they'd do it. I think Japan is the only place they'd probably go that makes you keep up with them as well.  I recently got my booster to be able to go there this summer.

Location rules almost don't matter. Sitting in an airplane with unknowns or almost anywhere in the world can expose you. Better believe I would be vaccinated to the max. AND wearing a mask in crowded places. Let's hope our TAR family does the same.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2023, 07:59:18 AM »
Turkey recently had an earthquake.  :'(

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/2/27/magnitude-5-6-quake-hits-turkey-in-latest-major-aftershock

May the victims rest in peace, as well as the pipe-dream of a visit to Adana and elsewhere in south(east)ern Turkiye.

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2023, 05:12:05 PM »
when will the filming starts? same as last year? last week of may?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2023, 11:29:54 PM »

Nice to see you! The first few posts in this thread has possible info on timing. Enjoy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2023, 07:40:48 AM »

My thesis Is that they usually film after canada and Australia.  So those rff boards hold all the water right now if there is activity  :furious:, so far none  :'( :funny:

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2023, 10:08:33 AM »
With TARAUS currently defunct, it will film once TARCAN9 wraps up in mid-May.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2023, 03:14:18 PM »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2023, 06:35:38 PM »

Offline survivorfan181

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2023, 08:59:28 AM »
Allegedly Joseph from BB24 turned down The Challenge USA to compete on TAR36 with Taylor from BB24.

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2023, 09:18:53 AM »
Highly doubt that. Derek was able to do the Challenge and TAR34 back to back so there's no reason he couldn't do both. Plus Taylor has already said she has lot interest in doing Amazing Race.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2023, 10:42:12 PM »
Would the source for that information be PinkRose from Vevmo?

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2023, 07:19:04 AM »
I am boycotting TAR if they will cast Taylor and Joseph for this season.

I have enough. 3 from last 4 newbie seasons were won by RTV couples!!!!! (and one season not won by RTV couple was won by YouTube couple)

Taylor and Joseph would be favorites to win because of their athleticism. No, I really can't stomach another RTV couple winning TAR.

I did not mind when they casted RTV couples here and there back in a day... But RTV couple became archetype casted every season nowadays... I am over it.

TAR30 - Jess & Cody (Big Brother)
TAR31 - 6 RTV teams from Survivor and Big Brother
TAR32 - Will & James (ANTM/Capture)
TAR33 - Ray & Caro (Love Island)
TAR34 - Derek & Claire (Big Brother)

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2023, 09:32:18 AM »
I am boycotting TAR if they will cast Taylor and Joseph for this season.

I'm always surprised by comments like this from supposed fans.  The consequence of boycotting over one team isn't that they fix it in time for the proceeding season-- it's that you risk diminishing viewership to lean closer to legitimate cancellation.  You're basically saying at (a) the only thing that matters to you about the show is the cast and (b) teaching the network a lesson about what you like is more important than the show's longevity.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2023, 11:53:38 AM »
People are allowed to boycott TAR if they want. I boycotted a season myself once, and I’m an absurdly huge fan with a photographic memory of the series. Let the people show their support/lack of support

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2023, 03:43:20 PM »
People are allowed to boycott TAR if they want. I boycotted a season myself once, and I’m an absurdly huge fan with a photographic memory of the series. Let the people show their support/lack of support

Lol-- I can't stop anyone from doing it, and my calling it out should be equally valid as someone saying they want to boycott the show.  Is there a problem with me addressing potential consequence to peoples' actions or would we prefer to plug our ears and act surprised if it happens?

Frankly speaking, the 'reality stars'/'TikTok & YouTube stars'/'not enough older people' argument has been done to death on repeat for decades, and it's wild because no one ever has the same complaints about the deluge of sports stars who get cast (footballers, basketballers, NASCAR drivers, hockey players, etc.)-- even when they win.  It almost comes across, every time, like an older audience is just frustrated with the way that people are these days.  TAR has almost ALWAYS cast people they think will be good TV-- TAR6 had a cast that was half-models/actors; Rob and Amber appeared on two seasons; the Globetrotters appeared on three!  Meanwhile, people on this very forum (and the subreddit) complained about the casts for TARAUS5 and 6, claiming that too many of them were uninteresting.  It's like people think the past-reality winners aren't deserving; people still express backlash towards Will and James-- they still beat everyone else.  Y u mad?  A TV show didn't go your way?

What it comes down to is people set themselves for an expectation of the show that they want well before it even airs, they rile themselves up over things they can't possibly know, and come in with the predisposition that they're ready at a moment's notice to pull the plug on it.  Like you said-- let people.  I can't stop them.  By egads I can say that I think it's a really awful way to watch TV, preparing yourself through mere speculation to be disappointed.  I had to pull myself away from the TAR Facebook and the TAR subreddit because people couldn't stop moaning about these same things over and over; I've had the same sort of antagonism towards the Bitch and Moan thread here because RFF creates a space that facilitates people building each other up over their dislikes of the show before they even see the content. 

And I get if people want something to be angry at, but that really does suck for the people who just want to enjoy it without all the arbitrary negativity.  And it is arbitrary.  People are threatening to boycott over casting that hasn't been finalized.  That's like threatening to cancel your vacation next year because it might rain.  And if people like me come into these threads and make the same decision to withdraw because it doesn't feel like an enjoyable place to be, then it's just going to continue to winnow down to people bemoaning stuff which, I have to assume, we really do like.  The space for positivity just won't exist for it.  And that's a real shame.

Quite simply-- if people are boycotting the show, it will affect the ratings.  If the ratings drop below a threshold they will cancel the show.  No one will see reality stars on the show because there will be no show.  So...net win?
CBS is going to cast what they think will be good TV, and from TARs past and their other reality shows, they have continued reason to believe they're doing the right thing.  The overall health of the show is in their best interest.
I hate to say, but for a lot of hold-outs, maybe this just isn't the show you want to watch anymore.  They are not going to go back to the way they were twenty-two years ago, and if you think they are, you are going to continue to be disappointed.  Reverting back to the old style does not work for reality TV in this decade.

The entitlement is insane.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 04:27:57 PM by kyleisalive »

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2023, 03:57:20 PM »
Yall need to calm down lol. The info that Taylor and Joseph are on TAR came from spoiler girl on twitter who has been very inconsistent in the past lol

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2023, 08:50:49 AM »
It's the editing that does it with me. Earlier seasons had teams that were stunt cast (Rob and Amber, a ton of "Mactors", Jet Cord), but the editing didn't constantly shove that fact in our face. Compare Rob/Amber to someone more recent like Kim/Penn. There was rare mention from Rob/Amber about their previous stints on survivor and they mainly focused on the race whereas Kim and Penn talked a ton about their Youtube channel and all of that schtick. And in those earlier days, they appeared pretty rarely whereas now almost 90% of the cast is some form of D-List celebrity or stunt cast.

Unpopular opinion, but it may be time to end the show anyway. This show has gradually been declining since S24 even with a few strong seasons sprinkled in since (S25, S29, S30). Having previously mentioned this, I think the casting has gotten incredibly stale and generic especially in the most recent of seasons. There's been little drama as of late in these past few seasons and the tasks have gotten lamer and lamers. No game changing elements have affected the game in a negative way which effectively led to the last 2 seasons being straightforward and boring. Do we really want to sacrifice quality for the sake of keeping the show going for as long as possible?

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2023, 09:28:53 AM »
There was rare mention from Rob/Amber about their previous stints on survivor and they mainly focused on the race whereas Kim and Penn talked a ton about their Youtube channel and all of that schtick.

This happens on a majority of reality shows these days because it allows teams to be more identifiable (in the same way they ask teams to wear colour-coded clothing).  Referring to a team as 'the footballers' or 'the jocks' gives an archetype.  They did this waaay back when too.  Remember when TAR4 had 'The Virgins' and 'The Clowns' and 'The Football Wives'?

More than Kim and Penn's YouTube channel being discussed, TAR33 reminded us that Ryan Ferguson was in prison and that Raquel and Cayla had travel experience as flight attendants.  Frankly I find it more interesting that Kim and Penn sustained their family over COVID by leveraging a silly video series.  I can't believe people fault them for making a living.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 10:08:16 AM by kyleisalive »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2023, 08:50:40 PM »
Short answer in response to your comment Travelguy1, is no, I would never ‘prefer’ the race to end. I hope it goes on forever. I personally think 33 was a brilliant cast, that Kim/Penn didn’t talk all that much about their channel, and frankly the final 6 was the best in a long time. I even liked 34, but I can see how linear legs, lack of commercial travel and no fighting among teams and interpersonally, could drag it down somewhat.

I hope they return to commercial flights so they can fly to many different continents, I hope legs are longer again with more active route info tasks alongside a detour and roadblock, so it’s not as one-dimensional. I hope they go back to normal pit-starts. I like self-driving but a few more trains and COVID controlled cabs would be cool. I would like to see two yields back in the mix, spread across the course. I would like one fast forward to return somewhere along the first two thirds of the course. I love the prospective cast for 35 - particularly the age and physical ability diversity, as well as BIPOC diversity. Having more racers over 50 is GREAT! And having fitter and less fitter people also, so I hope casting is similar for 36. With all that, I’d say they’re in for a great season for 36!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2023, 04:47:31 AM »
If team big brother had been on 35 , tar35 would have been on air by now ..I hope we get a bb or survivor contestant on so that AmazingRace 36 comes back immediately after filming. The layover for Amazing Race tends to be short if big brother or a survivor person wins or makes it on the the show. Even though no survivor has ever won the competition.  :furious:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2023, 08:37:36 AM »
If team big brother had been on 35 , tar35 would have been on air by now ..I hope we get a bb or survivor contestant on so that AmazingRace 36 comes back immediately after filming. The layover for Amazing Race tends to be short if big brother or a survivor person wins or makes it on the the show. Even though no survivor has ever won the competition.  :furious:

It doesn’t work like that lol

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2023, 10:50:01 AM »
While I get the frustration about teams from other reality shows....the newbie teams could quite literally just...finish ahead of them.