Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 14172 times)

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 36 Facts and Rumors
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2022, 11:34:40 PM »
Given the very recent victory of #Clerek, it's surprising that production was unable to get a crossover couple from Survivor like Andrea and her boytoy Xander for the following season notwithstanding the BIPOC quota.
Andrea and Xander broke up

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2022, 02:36:06 AM »
I saw Kara Kay's IG story a few days ago promoting The Amazing Race casting for the next season. I think she may have auditioned with Alec Merlino, her fellow castaway (Survivor David vs. Goliath) and current boyfriend. I remember in an interview with them, if there was another show they'd like to do, it's the Amazing Race.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »
Given the very recent victory of #Clerek, it's surprising that production was unable to get a crossover couple from Survivor like Andrea and her boytoy Xander for the following season notwithstanding the BIPOC quota.

Whew, Miss Boehlke saved herself from a life of regrets!

(Fingers crossed that Mr. and Mrs. Abdin get to visit Kathmandu on or after Season 37.)

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2022, 05:30:03 PM »

Wait.  Andrea dated boring Xander from 41?  Damn, did she ever deserve better.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2022, 09:37:14 PM »

Wait.  Andrea dated boring Xander from 41?  Damn, did she ever deserve better.

They dated, Andrea is like 10 years senior to Xander.

I think it's inevitable that TAR casts people whom are of internet/social media personality.
I would not mind it, but I do not want reality-tv crossovers, it takes a spot away for a deserving team.
We have had them since S.30 - S.34. Two of which even won.
Plus I do not want to deal with the fly-by-night rabid fans on this forum especially with what we've experienced in S.30. A headache for Peach.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:51:42 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2023, 10:46:15 AM »
The thirteen-team casting gimmick will probably be a season-specific twist tied to the Finale City's colonial history unless charter flights remain on the table and it goes up to fourteen.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »
I also think that they should bring the Head to Head/Faceoff back in the US seasons (TARCAN still uses it), it would probably make legs more interesting, though I doubt that there will be any new twists in either TAR35 or 36 (though I would have a twist where there is only 1 stunt casted team in the next season).

Only if they "rebrand" it as the Double Battle a la the Pass/Yield (RIP, One-Way). /s

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2023, 04:44:57 PM »
Pretty sure we are looking at another season of charter flights...BUT possibly larger ones allowing longer flights.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2023, 04:52:18 PM »
Do we think Japan and South Korea are back on the table now that they’ve both re-opened for tourism? They used to almost always go through either one of them or China (which is off the table for the foreseeable future) starting or ending since there are lots of flights from the US into Tokyo and Seoul. They could always do commercial flights for the two or three long haul flights and then charter on the shorter ones.  The problem is you can get a 757 from the North East to Europe but you’d need a 767 or 330 to get from the North West to the big markets in East Asia without having to stop in Alaska. I just looked it up, SEA-ICN is just out of the 757’s range.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 04:56:21 PM by cerealking »

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2023, 05:04:43 PM »
I really hope they decide to not cast Taylor & Joseph for this season. Enough of BB couples!!! 2 of them won already in last 5 seasons... I can't stomach another one.

We need fresh winners who will become new faces of TAR. Not another RTV crossovers or SM celebrities.

I don't mind BB couples, but I wholeheartedly agree with hoping Taylor and Joseph aren't cast LOL. I hope they thrive as a couple but I never found them entertaining on BB  :funny:

Pretty sure we are looking at another season of charter flights...BUT possibly larger ones allowing longer flights.

This would be a bummer, but I guess progress is progress. I really want them to go back to 12 hour pitstops instead of teams starting in groups and teams actually needing to buy airline tickets....small steps though, what I really can't wait for is getting back to public transport (cab, bus, train, etc) and people losing or gaining time that way. So tired of self driving and the only shifting being people not navigating correctly. Very redundant, but.... i get it. Too much on the line.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 05:10:48 PM by Jro »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2023, 05:25:21 PM »
I know .But with soaring COVID worldwide I am just grateful they can keep the show up and running.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2023, 08:28:11 PM »
Going to Australia or New Zealand is def out of the picture if they’re still chartering a plane. They’d have to bring in one of the big boys to get them there if they don’t want to stop in Hawaii and refuel. LAX-SYD is well out of the range of of the 767s and A330s (even the new ones) and chartering something like a 787 or A350 that is more fuel efficient is exorbitantly expensive.

Edit: Here's where we stand with places allowing in fully vaccinated Americans. Seens like most of the ones left with full testing are in Central Africa and a few in SE Asia like Myanmar where they wouldn't go anyway.

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 08:16:11 AM by cerealking »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2023, 08:39:07 AM »
Should Northeast Asia permit US gameshow contestants by Spring/Summer 2023 in time to film Season 36, then the specific regions covered need to be unvisited ones such as Hokkaido and Jeju Island.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2023, 08:59:19 AM »
Should Northeast Asia permit US gameshow contestants by Spring/Summer 2023 in time to film Season 36, then the specific regions covered need to be unvisited ones such as Hokkaido and Jeju Island.

They haven't been to Taiwan in such a long time either and only twice. They just opened their travel and it could be a good replacement for mainland China which was probably out of the picture indefinitely even without the pandemic.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2023, 03:34:49 PM »
^

Kaohsiung and/or Tarako Gorge to debut as alternatives, then.

Offline cole1024

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
Taylor and Joseph from BB24 have both posted about the casting for Amazing Race 36, and in an Instagram story on Taylor's Instagram, Taylor asked Joseph "hey baby are we doing the Amazing Race this season?" and Joseph said "we're not but another couple or dynamic duo can so make sure you guys apply." It seems like Jesse asked them to post this, but if they were in the mix to be cast wouldn't CBS want them to not mention it or post about it? Has me thinking that they're a no for this season.

The Instagram Story: https://instagram.com/stories/thetaylormack/3007781703953378040?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2023, 11:40:08 PM »
Taylor and Joseph from BB24 have both posted about the casting for Amazing Race 36, and in an Instagram story on Taylor's Instagram, Taylor asked Joseph "hey baby are we doing the Amazing Race this season?" and Joseph said "we're not but another couple or dynamic duo can so make sure you guys apply." It seems like Jesse asked them to post this, but if they were in the mix to be cast wouldn't CBS want them to not mention it or post about it? Has me thinking that they're a no for this season.

The Instagram Story: https://instagram.com/stories/thetaylormack/3007781703953378040?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They would be a competitive team if they were ever on, but I am far from upset about this lol.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2023, 01:29:58 AM »
it might or it might not be related to this, but a Japanese game show "Sasuke Ninja Warrior" allowed Non-Japanese contestants to participate in their 40th season. It probably indicates that Japan is more open to tourists, especially to reality game shows. hopefully, this season will visit Japan again.
what might have been

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2023, 11:48:49 AM »
Theoretically all they need is a 767 or A330 to go a more typical pre-pandemic route of Northwest US- Northeast Asia- Middle East- Europe- US or the opposite way without having to stop to refuel all the time. Most of Africa that's in the accessible range is probably not where they'd like vaccination wise and Oceania would require lots of fuel stops or a bigger and therefore much more expensive plane. Maybe some stops in the Carribean or Central America too. All things considered that would be about as close to normal as imaginable.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 12:35:11 PM by cerealking »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2023, 06:20:29 PM »
Theoretically all they need is a 767 or A330 to go a more typical pre-pandemic route of Northwest US- Northeast Asia- Middle East- Europe- US or the opposite way without having to stop to refuel all the time. Most of Africa that's in the accessible range is probably not where they'd like vaccination wise and Oceania would require lots of fuel stops or a bigger and therefore much more expensive plane. Maybe some stops in the Caribbean or Central America too. All things considered, that would be about as close to normal as imaginable.

I looked at several leasing websites and the cheapest rate I saw was at least $20,000 an hour. It would get expensive fast.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2023, 06:34:29 PM »
it might or it might not be related to this, but a Japanese game show "Sasuke Ninja Warrior" allowed Non-Japanese contestants to participate in their 40th season. It probably indicates that Japan is more open to tourists, especially to reality game shows. hopefully, this season will visit Japan again.

Hey I love Sasuke. 

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2023, 07:56:05 PM »

Now would be a good time. To task designers, Japan essentially = Shibuya Crossing and game shows. The country is so much more, and maybe Covid era TAR will help push them out of Tokyo to show a fresh side of it.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2023, 12:32:24 AM »

Now would be a good time. To task designers, Japan essentially = Shibuya Crossing and game shows. The country is so much more, and maybe Covid era TAR will help push them out of Tokyo to show a fresh side of it.

I would love that. I usually despise the type of tasks they have in Japan and I'm not usually thar critical

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2023, 01:00:38 AM »

I would love that. I usually despise the type of tasks they have in Japan and I'm not usually thar critical

I'd like an anime-centric task if they go to Japan. 

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2023, 07:17:23 PM »

I agree. Japan is such a diverse place with so much to offer but they’ve never really gone outside of Tokyo and it’s all the same genre of tasks. Maybe the new way they do it where they try to stay out of cities and keep stuff outside as much as possible will get the creative juices flowing again. I get it makes sense to stay close to Tokyo because they usually uses it as an entry or exit point but things have changed. I’d argue the same to a lesser extent with Korea and Seoul. I don’t believe they’ve ever even been to Busan.