Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 12895 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation
« on: December 28, 2022, 05:48:09 AM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 12:41:16 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Straightfromtranslation

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 36 Facts and Rumors
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 11:14:56 AM »
To anyone else, does this imply that 35 will air in the Spring? Idk if they’d want two seasons filmed before even knowing when one will air.

Offline cole1024

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 11:36:06 AM »
Alex Stern said on her Instagram story that filming will be in the May-June range!

https://instagram.com/stories/alexsterngirl/3003363474629723197?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 12:57:27 PM »
Yeah she said late-May to early-June so probably a similar schedule to TAR34 which had the schedule of:

May 25 – June 16, 2022

So something probably similar to that. And if that tracks then possibly TAR37 in Fall 2023 around the same schedule of TAR35. If they stick to two seasons a year this may become the new normal.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 01:23:28 PM »
I really hope they decide to not cast Taylor & Joseph for this season. Enough of BB couples!!! 2 of them won already in last 5 seasons... I can't stomach another one.

We need fresh winners who will become new faces of TAR. Not another RTV crossovers or SM celebrities.

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 01:48:12 PM »
I really hope they decide to not cast Taylor & Joseph for this season. Enough of BB couples!!! 2 of them won already in last 5 seasons... I can't stomach another one.

We need fresh winners who will become new faces of TAR. Not another RTV crossovers or SM celebrities.

In the last last three seasons the only SM couple I can recall is Kim and Penn.  Is this honestly still such a prevalent issue that people need to keep bringing it up?  In the past three years it feels like they’ve had the most down-to-earth casts in more than a decade.  I’m not sure what they could do to make people actually like the casts.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 01:51:33 PM by kyleisalive »

Offline QuizMan92

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Likes Geography, Has Never Watched TAR
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 02:26:01 PM »
I really hope this season visits countries that haven’t been seen in a while (hopefully we get more Asia soon), it would be cool if a new country like Nepal is visited (and I personally think they should visit New Zealand again since Phil lives there)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 03:56:18 PM »

In the last last three seasons the only SM couple I can recall is Kim and Penn.  Is this honestly still such a prevalent issue that people need to keep bringing it up?  In the past three years it feels like they’ve had the most down-to-earth casts in more than a decade.  I’m not sure what they could do to make people actually like the casts.

Yeah, there were less gimmick teams in the last seasons however winning teams still happened to be:

TAR30 - RTV couple (Big Brother)
TAR31 - returnee season, we got lucky that TAR team won.
TAR32 - RTV couple (ANTM & Capture)
TAR33 - YouTube/SM couple
TAR34 - RTV couple (Big Brother)

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 04:39:08 PM »
TAR31 - returnee season, we got lucky that TAR team won.

Lucky?  Why would it make a difference?
Am I missing something or is there some weird bias against deserving winners?  Or do they not deserve it by virtue of being from another show?

Really confused about who honestly cares about this.  Shows like 'The Challenge' are getting amazing ratings these days, and they're almost entirely comprised of reality TV show people.  Show's going to go where the ratings are; frankly I'm amazed TAR has been able to hold out as long as it has.  They'd probably get more viewers if they leaned out of 'everyday people' despite the vocal minority clamouring for realistic people-- whatever that means these days.

Can't even go to Facebook without posts having comments along the lines of "Show more teams that are older, that would make the show better" as if Kim and Penn weren't the oldest winners in decades.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:42:32 PM by kyleisalive »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2022, 08:08:39 PM »
I don't care who gets on the season. I just hope we finally get some tension and suspense again and none of the boring kumbaya toxic positivity like TAR Thirty Bore.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2022, 09:19:11 PM »
If we are still using a charter plane by then (which probably will be the case) how likely will it be that it's an Oceania & Asian route considering it will be late fall in the southern hemisphere?

Also, if they go back to the South Island of NZ (mainly Queenstown) I hope they do the Detour in TAR Asia 4 (Plunge or Swing) and have a U-Turn there like that did it!

Offline cole1024

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »
I don't care who gets on the season. I just hope we finally get some tension and suspense again and none of the boring kumbaya toxic positivity like TAR Thirty Bore.
This! We need drama back on Amazing Race! They need to bring U-Turns back and cast teams who are cutthroat and messy

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2022, 10:38:28 PM »

Lol-- last time there was drama, it was TAR 32 and people lost their minds over that too.  Reddit is still sending messages to James and Will for ruining the season for them.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2022, 01:22:15 AM »

Lol-- last time there was drama, it was TAR 32 and people lost their minds over that too.  Reddit is still sending messages to James and Will for ruining the season for them.

I will never defend anyone who sends hurtful messages to any contestants and will always hate anyone who does that. But I will say that if anything the alliance from the season took away drama because it became extremely predictable and one sided.

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2022, 03:08:59 AM »

I will never defend anyone who sends hurtful messages to any contestants and will always hate anyone who does that. But I will say that if anything the alliance from the season took away drama because it became extremely predictable and one sided.

I guess my takeaway is that everyone has a different idea of what drama or the ideal contestant is.  Based on this thread alone it's more drama but not that drama but also no social media contestants, even though they don't do that much, but also no reality show repeats, but if there are they should be TAR because that's the right type of winner.  This aside from the obvious diversity requirements.

I just think that no matter what way CBS goes with it, people are going to complain.  They're not going to get what they want from older seasons.  More and more it feels like people wish so badly for the style of race from ten or more years ago that I think they lose sight of the fact that it's not going to be that way again.  Between costs, the charter plane (if only temporarily), the fact that travel isn't what it was twenty years ago, the fact that maps are more accessible than they were ten years ago, and the fact that casting for nearly all reality shows can be done through social media right now, it feels like people are just choosing to fight against an immovable force.

I digress, however.

Offline QuizMan92

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Likes Geography, Has Never Watched TAR
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2022, 06:09:40 AM »
I also think that they should bring the Head to Head/Faceoff back in the US seasons (TARCAN still uses it), it would probably make legs more interesting, though I doubt that there will be any new twists in either TAR35 or 36 (though I would have a twist where there is only 1 stunt casted team in the next season).

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2022, 08:10:57 AM »
This! We need drama back on Amazing Race! They need to bring U-Turns back and cast teams who are cutthroat and messy
gosh...imagine a smash of season 6 and season 9 kind of hardcore racers.!!  i NEED people who WANT to be on the race and show that on my TV Screen...
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 11:17:22 AM »
gosh...imagine a smash of season 6 and season 9 kind of hardcore racers.!!  i NEED people who WANT to be on the race and show that on my TV Screen...

Another 2 seasons for next year? Wow. I cannot wait what kind of route is it for 36.

I need some drama, some tension on a season. I want competitiveness.
32 had drama alright, but only up until Kaylynn & Haley's elimination. Stopped watching after India mega leg. The answer sharing tactics took away the "Race" element.
Good teams, personality-wise left consecutively  10th - 6th
34 was ok but, it was lacking that spice, there was no conflict.

Charla & Mirna vs. Rob & Amber / Dustin & Kandice
Tim & Marie vs almost everybody in 23
Kym & Alli vs. Misti & Jim
Brooke & Claire / Flo & Zach

The U-Turns should return.

Online BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2022, 06:06:27 PM »
I feel like the race now casts teams who are there for the experience, whereas older seasons casted teams who wanted to win. I feel like the modern show as well as the teams highlight the beauty of locations far more than in earlier seasons.

In S5 or 7 teams wouldn't of cared if they were flying to Bali, Paris or Dayton, Ohio, they just wanted to win, I miss the competition of the older seasons with power hungry teams

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2022, 09:22:12 PM »
Another 2 seasons for next year? Wow. I cannot wait what kind of route is it for 36.
I'm just glad that CBS finally saw the light where TAR is concerned.  It really is the crown jewel of the reality trio, yet it was treated like the redheaded stepchild instead for reasons unknown.

Brook & Claire / Flo & Zach
Uh . . . what?  They weren't on the same season.

Online Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2022, 11:40:30 PM »
I think we should keep this thread strictly to facts and rumors as the title suggests...

Offline survivorfan181

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2022, 09:12:42 AM »
Do we know if they will be using a charter plane again?

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 11:21:42 AM »
Do we know if they will be using a charter plane again?
As of December 30th, 2022, no. We don't know if the charter plane will still be used or not, however, I think there's a strong chance it will be in use again.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2022, 12:58:13 PM »
Given the very recent victory of #Clerek, it's surprising that production was unable to get a crossover couple from Survivor like Andrea and her boytoy Xander for the following season notwithstanding the BIPOC quota.

(Secretly relieved that #Joylor didn't get stuck on an all-Hispanophone route without a single visit to a pre-Columbian archaeological site, c.f. Teotihuacan in both Season 3 as well as Social Media Edition and Chan Chan in Blind Date Edition.)

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2022, 01:05:44 PM »
I really hope this season visits countries that haven’t been seen in a while (hopefully we get more Asia soon), it would be cool if a new country like Nepal is visited (and I personally think they should visit New Zealand again since Phil lives there)

Expect Australia before NZ since the former's last visit was during the late-teen seasons versus the latter's early-twenties.