Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 12868 times)

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 36 General Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2023, 09:24:53 PM »
Why is Japan more likely than other places?  Am I missing something?

They almost always use China, JP, or SK  as a hopping on or off point since there are lots of flights there to and from the US. I think China is out of the picture indefinitely for a host of reasons. Japan also recently just dropped all COVID related documentation entrance requirements. Seems like a likely candidate to me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2023, 07:27:22 AM »

Maybe mainland China being out of the picture will mean they’ll go back to Taiwan tho.

Tensions are high. I seriously doubt China or Taiwan will be used. My guess is anywhere near any Russian borders or China/Taiwan will be out of the question.  https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/05/us-china-trade-barbs-at-security-summit-shangri-la-dialogue.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2023, 07:35:38 AM »
Re the start; For safety we NEVER publicize the start date/time.   But pretty sure no further than 2 weeks max, and am leaning closer to 7-10 days but NOT confirmed. 

We will be getting the threads ready soon so DO NOT PANIC...we are just being proactive.

:conf: :gman: :conf:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2023, 07:17:45 PM »

Seconded, versus South Korea and/or Taiwan.

I always loved legs in China.

I think China is indefinitely out of the picture. The political situation has changed so much since they’ve last been there  and you still have to COVID test. JP just recently dropped their last requirements a few months ago.

Maybe mainland China being out of the picture will mean they’ll go back to Taiwan tho.
Agree
China is not viable
Quite a lot of people are Xenophobic to western people

I think Korea and Japan have a high possibility

But actually I am speculating the first destination being Australia

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2023, 08:00:11 PM »

Seconded, versus South Korea and/or Taiwan.

I always loved legs in China.

I think China is indefinitely out of the picture. The political situation has changed so much since they’ve last been there  and you still have to COVID test. JP just recently dropped their last requirements a few months ago.

Agree
China is not viable
Quite a lot of people are Xenophobic to western people

I think Korea and Japan have a high possibility

But actually I am speculating the first destination being Australia

Will there be finally a visit to Nepal?  :carryon:

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2023, 08:07:07 PM »
Unpopular opinion but I wish  they visit doha qatar ..The world cup was there and I saw many people visiting many great places . I feel if u visit Bahrain,dubai,Oman ,Jordan,  you must visit Qatar too

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2023, 08:17:32 PM »
Unpopular opinion but I wish  they visit doha qatar ..The world cup was there and I saw many people visiting many great places . I feel if u visit Bahrain,dubai,Oman ,Jordan,  you must visit Qatar too

BVM said they would never do Qatar again after the experience they had trying to run a leg on 25 there.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2023, 08:43:18 PM »

Kuwait was visited way back TAR 10.  :waves:

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2023, 09:10:15 PM »
If they visit Asia

East/Southeast Asia can only be
South Korea,Japan,Singapore,Thailand,Taiwan,Malaysia
(i don't think Cambodia is possible given the fact that the human trafficking issues)

India - I am very skeptical at the chances cuz the production may not want the racers rely on the public transportation
Same with Bangladesh

I am very positive about Nepal, or possible new feature of some Asian countries
Notably uzbekistan, Brunei

As for Europe,
I doubt they visit the countries they did on 33 and 34
That's why I speculate Czechia, Romania or maybe other Balkan/Baltic countries
With the very possible new features of Slovenia,Slovakia,Latvia
Or maybe a return of overdue countries

Don't really see them to do South America or the Carribeans

I am very positive they re-create the legs like TAR18 or TAR 22 with Oceania starts

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2023, 10:03:11 PM »
Is there any news on if we should be expecting the return of the Charter or are they going back to normal flights?

My baseless speculation is I think this will probably be a Westward route with a premiere leg in Australia. Since TAR35 was originally supposed to go to Australia but canceled last minute they probably already have legs designed so that makes sense to me. Possibly some combination of Australia/New Zealand/a Pacific Island nation for legs 1-3. Maybe they'll finally do Fiji.

Then probably Asia for legs 4-7ish. I think they'll stick to the countries they've used more often in the past like Japan, South Korea, and Thailand. Though a surprise leg or two in Nepal since we know they were originally going to go there in TAR33 before it was canceled would be amazing.

Then probably Europe for the backhalf of the season, maybe a surprise Middle East or Africa leg in there as well.

If they do go to Europe though I'm really hoping we get some new countries... it's wild to me that they spend so much time in Europe yet there's still so many unused European countries lol.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 10:06:38 PM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2023, 10:15:22 PM »

BVM said they would never do Qatar again after the experience they had trying to run a leg on 25 there.

The world cup made qatar a global hub..I think they know how to welcome foreigners especially BVM :duno:

Offline TeamPlayerAlltheWay

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2023, 12:19:53 AM »
Is there a possibilty for them to visit country like Fiji or Samoa? Like Survivor basically already moved there so i think Fiji is available for amazing race

Also looking at the list of U.S. travel advisory, its interesting that many of never visited countries are on the "exercise normal precautions" level, like most of Oceania, Brunei, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Qatar, most of Baltics and Balkans, Angola, Gabon, Lesotho, Suriname, Belize etc, so im wondering if they will visit those countries, bcs i need some new landscapes after 33/34.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2023, 09:21:14 AM »
Slovenia,  Latvia, Cyprus and Bulgaria could be cool new Countries in Europe to go. As of cities Dublin or Madrid.
Yes Pacific islands like Fiji or Somoa could be great.
First Season of TAR Australia did, a fantastic leg in South Africa on the Garden Route. Would love to see that on TAR.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2023, 09:25:44 AM »
Is there any news on if we should be expecting the return of the Charter or are they going back to normal flights?

My baseless speculation is I think this will probably be a Westward route with a premiere leg in Australia. Since TAR35 was originally supposed to go to Australia.
If They go i really hope we finally get Melbourne and Tasminia.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2023, 09:29:11 AM »

The world cup made qatar a global hub..I think they know how to welcome foreigners especially BVM :duno:

An Oman revisit would still be more feasible.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2023, 10:42:55 AM »

They could do the taxi task in 31 for Qatar and maybe a dance task And leave the country .it can't be that difficult,i guess! Or go to one of those new stadiums. When u say holiday destination middle east ,people know Dubai,qatar.. People do road trips between Dubai and Qatar like Germany and Austria. They are mostly the same .Its like a 3 hr drive .Being in Dubai is like being in Qatar coz a small population of Dubai is Qatari.i really don't know the difference. But I know production is doing its best. At this point I feel that they may go to Saudi before Qatar if production had a hard time in 25 there.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2023, 11:00:16 AM »

Yes, but i feel that tar gets new viewers with each new country  :duno: . If tar can do it, so can they lol.  Is Qatar completely off the table.  It can't be tougher to get there than Russia..i don't know. I prefer a visit to Saudi rather than a revisit imo.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 11:10:42 AM by Avid »

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2023, 11:43:54 AM »

Yes, but i feel that tar gets new viewers with each new country  :duno: . If tar can do it, so can they lol.  Is Qatar completely off the table.  It can't be tougher to get there than Russia..i don't know. I prefer a visit to Saudi rather than a revisit imo.
Saudi is not possible

Cuz female are not allowed to drive

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2023, 10:22:41 PM »
Omg I SQUEALED when I saw this because I thought the race had started! Got my hopes up so bad hahaha
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2023, 12:28:07 PM »
Omg I SQUEALED when I saw this because I thought the race had started! Got my hopes up so bad hahaha
Hang tight! :d025:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2023, 03:43:52 PM »
I think it's possible with what everyone is saying for TAR to do a route similar to NZ x2, Australia x2, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Bulgaria, Romania, Ireland, then a possible Boston or Portland, ME finish.

Would you guys think a KOR or Mega Leg is possible with Singapore and Malaysia where teams would take a train from Singapore to Malaysia? Also, the same with Bulgaria to Romania, but with a self-drive?

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2023, 06:11:26 PM »
I think there has to be 1/2 overdue countries coming back?

Like in S31 we have Croatia
S32 we have Kazakhstan and Philippines
S33 we have Portugal
S34 we have Spain
S35 we have Uruguay

I can definitely see one of the European or Asian countries return

For instance
Ireland
Romania
Hungary
Finland

Mongolia
Sri Lanka
Kuwait
Oman

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2023, 01:48:33 AM »
I agree with the westward route theory and think they’ll hit the “exotic” places that got canceled last minute for both 33 and 35 (Australia, Thailand/Vietnam, Nepal, South Africa) before heading into the familiar middle east and Europe.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2023, 05:58:51 AM »
Meant for Wishlist thread sorry!

V excited for this to start

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2023, 02:03:10 PM »
Any chance it's starting this weekend?