Author Topic: TAR 35 (formerly 36) General Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 12901 times)

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 36 General Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2023, 10:12:42 AM »
If we assume a return to normal, then we probably could see the majority of the race in Oceania, Asia and Africa considering how the last 3 seasons have only been to Europe and the Americas (excluding Jordan of course)

On paper, yes, yet the autumnal/wintry Southern Hemisphere will pose considerable issues in practice.

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2023, 12:34:47 PM »
If we assume a return to normal, then we probably could see the majority of the race in Oceania, Asia and Africa considering how the last 3 seasons have only been to Europe and the Americas (excluding Jordan of course)

On paper, yes, yet the autumnal/wintry Southern Hemisphere will pose considerable issues in practice.

True, if they film in June it will be winter in the southern hemisphere, but I don't think they could genuinely go anywhere where that would make too much of a difference. Outside of Patagonia (which they would probably skip due to 35's route), the only place they would go that regularly gets snow is New Zealand or maybe Tasmania if they're lucky. I will say a winter Tasmanian forest leg would be amazing though!!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2023, 07:16:01 PM »
Sweden-Austria-Italy-Nepal-Vietnam-South America

Vietnam to South America, quite the jump. I wonder what specific country in South America though.

No different from Vietnam to Botswana in TAR 22.
It wasn't revealed but speculated.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2023, 07:21:59 PM »
If I remember correctly the Italy/Austria/Vietnam/Nepal info was different than the South American info. The producers had a backup of legs in South America and intended on using them if necessary if things got worse with the pandemic during the filming of TAR33.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2023, 01:31:40 AM »
When will CBS release their summer schedule?

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2023, 03:12:54 AM »
tbh i still want them to use charter plane because it makes more cast (13) i want them to focus in australia/ asia pacific countries this time with hawai as finale leg

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2023, 04:14:57 AM »
If I remember correctly the Italy/Austria/Vietnam/Nepal info was different than the South American info. The producers had a backup of legs in South America and intended on using them if necessary if things got worse with the pandemic during the filming of TAR33.

Yeah this was my recollection as well, it wasn't particularly clear when using South America came into the mix but it also wasn't on the original route. It sounded like a last ditch attempt to finish the season off in a somewhat remote fashion.

Also after a heavy season of South America in 35, I'm thinking we will give it a big miss this time around.

The thing to keep in mind is that 33 was scheduled to film in Feb/March 2020, 36 is slated to film from now until July. With different timings of year/climates, what they originally had planned for 33 may not necessarily fit in with 36's schedule.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2023, 09:25:33 PM »
Agree. No SA.

Yeah this was my recollection as well, it wasn't particularly clear when using South America came into the mix but it also wasn't on the original route. It sounded like a last ditch attempt to finish the season off in a somewhat remote fashion.

Also after a heavy season of South America in 35, I'm thinking we will give it a big miss this time around.

The thing to keep in mind is that 33 was scheduled to film in Feb/March 2020, 36 is slated to film from now until July. With different timings of year/climates, what they originally had planned for 33 may not necessarily fit in with 36's schedule.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2023, 08:44:21 AM »

The quote from BVM about 'hearing from production teams in Austria, Vietnam, South America...' was the only evidence ever provided, and people ran with that and created fake routes that were only spec but claimed to be real and the original planned route. It just doesn't make any sense. They have never done Asia to South America in the show's history. Plus, SA was heavily used in s32. Makes much more sense that SA was backup plans for covid, as has been stated here.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2023, 12:04:09 PM »
^

On the contrary, there've been many examples of consecutive seasons featuring the same continent such as South America itself during Seasons 26-29.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 12:15:51 PM by Parasparopagraho »

Offline survivorfan181

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2023, 02:57:30 PM »

The quote from BVM about 'hearing from production teams in Austria, Vietnam, South America...' was the only evidence ever provided, and people ran with that and created fake routes that were only spec but claimed to be real and the original planned route. It just doesn't make any sense. They have never done Asia to South America in the show's history. Plus, SA was heavily used in s32. Makes much more sense that SA was backup plans for covid, as has been stated here.
I believe Kim and Penn confirmed on their podcast with Phil that Nepal was planned for 33 given that they had a visa in their passport, though it was cancelled for obvious circumstances.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2023, 05:34:04 PM »

I believe Kim and Penn confirmed on their podcast with Phil that Nepal was planned for 33 given that they had a visa in their passport, though it was cancelled for obvious circumstances.

To be fair, the show has purchased more passports than necessary as precaution in case of logistical issue and to ensure teams aren't fully aware of the route.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2023, 05:45:49 PM »
To be fair, the show has purchased more passports than necessary as precaution in case of logistical issue and to ensure teams aren't fully aware of the route.

Not anymore. In one of many cost cutting measures, teams only get the visas of countries the show plans to visit. 33 only had Nepal, and 27 apparently only had Zimbabwe.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2023, 08:10:34 PM »
^

One of the last seasons without visa restrictions was 22; incidentally, the "no-rebooking" rule for flight scrambles only surfaced during 25.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2023, 08:09:22 AM »

It is NORMAL that they have multiple visas to keep them confused. Absolutely does NOT guarantee they were going there. Sadly lol.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: May 10, 2023, 10:27:07 AM »
Mike Bloom brings up a good point on Twitter. The schedule released by CBS is for 2023 and 2024 which means TAR36 could likely also be 90 minutes.

https://twitter.com/amikebloomtype/status/1656319146617962496?s=46&t=nXXFJ2AUue_l759BOVwsHw

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2023, 10:31:01 AM »
Mike Bloom brings up a good point on Twitter. The schedule released by CBS is for 2023 and 2024 which means TAR36 could likely also be 90 minutes.

https://twitter.com/amikebloomtype/status/1656319146617962496?s=46&t=nXXFJ2AUue_l759BOVwsHw

Hopefully this means they film TAR 36 expecting to fill 90 minute episodes, so they can add some additional route markers and route info tasks
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2023, 10:43:29 AM »
Tar 35 premiere fall 2023?
Tar 36 to be filmed last week of may 2023  premire spring 2024?
Tar 37 to be filmed oct-nov?   Premiere fall 2024?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2023, 10:57:35 AM »
TAR Canada 9 will be done filming this week. Because of the way they've shared US crew in the past, they might be out a few days later like last year.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2023, 05:34:37 PM »
We still have two more legs + the finale for TARC, no?
So yeah 7-8 days ish! +. a few break days.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2023, 07:28:13 PM »
There's now a non-zero chance that the filmings of haMerotz 9 and Season 36 overlap.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2023, 07:31:05 PM »
There's now a non-zero chance that the filmings of haMerotz 9 and Season 36 overlap.

It happened before 5 years ago.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2023, 07:32:26 PM »
^

Except for the fact that the Season 32 cast actually failed to run into haMerotz 8's.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2023, 11:33:21 AM »

I think they will probably hold off on Oceania until 37 since it will be winter there. I think after what happened with 33 and COVID, I think we will probably see an avoidance of places at peak cold/flu season. They probably make them get flu shots for the fall/winter seasons anyway but flu would ripple through the cast the way they do it and the shots don't really stop you from getting it, just from getting really sick. Even with a shot, you'd probably get sick enough to have to stop.

Offline angelbaby09

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2023, 12:48:48 PM »
i wonder when will filming of tar 36 will start? last year TAR 34 started filming 4 days after TAR CAN 8 finished filming.