Author Topic: HAPPY AMAZING RACE 21st Anniversary!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
HAPPY AMAZING RACE 21st Anniversary!
« on: September 05, 2022, 12:17:36 PM »

HAPPY 21st ANNIVERSARY to our beloved AMAZING RACE!
Amazing Race Season 1 first aired today Sept 5, 2001.
Tonight at 9 PM marks the 21th anniversary of the premiere broadcast of TAR's first episode on CBS ("The Race Begins")!
It was the only episode of TAR to be broadcast anywhere prior to the attacks of 9/11/2001.

:2hearts: So thankful for the years of RFF, adventures, friends, TARcons, and JOY! :2hearts:
Thank you to all of you who continue to make this happen!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: HAPPY AMAZING RACE 21st Anniversary!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 12:21:56 PM »
Share your memories and if or how TAR changed your life! It sure changed mine.

New friends, adventures and who knew I would EVER run a FORUM?? :-[ :funny: :-[

:ghug: to you all!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 06:15:08 PM »
Happy 21st Birthday to The Amazing Race! You are legal all around the world!  :lol: :funny:

In all seriousness though, TAR is my favorite RTV show by far! I would consider myself a superfan! Thank you to Bert and Elise for creating this show and proving many happy memories for all of us RFFers!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 08:59:51 AM »
Thank you Elise and Bertram for being the kingpin of my life through this spectacular and thrilling show! The Amazing Race has been fundamental since I started watching on CBS 18 years ago. Always a fan, always will be! It's a key motivator for why I love researching and traveling to different places around the globe, seeing and learning about the cultural nuances and landscape between regions, and for me owning a worldly perspective. No other show has transformed me quite like this has and I will forever be grateful for such an awesome feeling.

:2hearts: :2hearts: :2hearts:

I can't wait to see what TAR34 will have in store on Wednesday night!

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 09:28:29 AM »
I've watched TAR in passing, I remember it was Season 5, the very first. I was very young back then. I started watching it religiously in S.14 and been hooked on ever since.
I have watched all the US Seasons 1-34 (soon to be), Canadian Seasons 1-8 (current), Asian Seasons 1-5, Australian Seasons 1-6 (current).

It is the show that started my passion & love for travel. Countries that I only knew about on the Race as a young kid, Iceland, Mauritius... such places exist.
Bucket list countries, Norway, Switzerland, Greece, Ireland, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, Italy, Malta, Oman, Jordan, Zimbabwe... the list goes on.
Being of Spanish descent, love seeing Spain on the Race.
Countries that were shown in a bad light due to it's history but I saw them differently on the Race, Germany & Japan as a young kid, I remember it was S.9
With the media that has portrayed these countries, TAR showed them in a different light, Colombia, Uganda. (S.28 & S.31, their debut on the Race)

Bertram & Elise, thank you! There are no words to describe how grateful I am for this show. It has been a thing for my mom, my sister & I. There is not a show quite like it.
One my ultimate goals is to visit at least 170+ countries.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 09:33:13 AM by TARUSAFan »