Author Topic: TARC 8 Episode 3 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
TARC 8 Episode 3 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: July 19, 2022, 06:05:43 PM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place (if there are any). If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 8 Episode 3 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 11:43:36 PM »
After the lop-sided standings of TARCAN7, this parity is a welcome relief.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2022, 05:24:15 AM »
Another very solid leg.
The first ARI was weird, in the sense that it barely affected placements for the bus equalizer. Wished there was more done with those vehicles or how the delivery spots were distributed. As I understand it was the same destinations and probably order per venue for all teams.
It was fun seeing arrival times from previous legs, with top teams mostly midway through the ARI, by the time back of the pack teams were arriving in leg 2 pit stop.
But in the bus equalizer did work to put most teams in mostly equal standing.
Following that I loved that the tasks were hard, and how the detour choice did affect placement shifts, to the point that our leg winner was actually in Bus 2.
We did get a lot of setup drama regarding the 2 EPs that Brendan & Connor must give-out.
Not sure if it was annoying or endearing for Cassie & Jahmeek own assessment of their strength as a team, but cool to learn, they basically confirmed to be part of the pool of teams that have been cast for ages. 

Show content
Interesting that the promo hint at for a solid team that might finally get a 1st next week. Surprised by lack of EP drama in the promo, considering that next one is leg 4. Also surprised that they just reveal without justification, the return of a team. Wonder what is the reasoning behind it. It does not seem to be related to what we've speculating over in the spoiler section

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 05:29:06 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 09:57:20 AM »
Again, this was fun. The wiener task didn't really affect the bus order, but at least teams had a chance. Insert copy homework meme with Expedia ad placement. Another hard Detour with tasks that are TAR staples. The Roadblock was a fun twist on dance tasks that TAR Canada loves, and I liked the added difficulty of racers having to teach themselves. Lost a team that looked liked that they could have made a decent run. I have no clue what's happening next week.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 03:26:59 PM »
No usual live updates?

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 03:40:33 PM »
Cass & Jah might've been the strongest early boot since that Francophone dad/son team four seasons ago.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
No usual live updates?

I was traveling. They should return this week.