Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 43368 times)

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2021, 01:51:53 PM »
I can't imagine airing something that doesn't count

Exactly, and anyone hanging their hat on expecting those episodes is only setting themselves up to be (likely) disappointed.  If we get them then cool, but it would be unfair for them to have any relevance to the re-do and it's kind of useless to a casual viewer...which no one on this message board is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 02:05:24 PM »
My personal belief is that it is a whole NEW ballgame. We might see an explanatory comment from Phil will some clips in the first intro episode but even that is iffy.

In any case lets focus on the LIVE racing happening now and work on finding our players!

Moving on!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »
Do we have any photographical evidence of any actual racing? Because of how strange it was to miss the start of the race plus nothing yet still I'm skeptical that it wasn't just false info

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2021, 03:24:04 PM »
Once that plane starts moving again it should be easy to tell. Either it goes back to LA (or somewhere else in the US) to pick up the teams if they didn’t get on last week or if it moves onto another destination then the race started already and continues on.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 03:29:40 PM »
Once that plane starts moving again it should be easy to tell. Either it goes back to LA (or somewhere else in the US) to pick up the teams if they didn’t get on last week or if it moves onto another destination then the race started already and continues on.

Plane didn't move since a saturday. I am little afraid that someone got covid.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 05:24:45 PM »

Isn't possible that they're quarantining, doing a double leg, or both?
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 05:50:53 PM »
Or just self driving in the UK??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 06:10:36 PM »

I think it’s more likely that they are doing two legs in the UK, especially since they will probably have to quarantine for a couple of days before the next leg.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2021, 08:02:12 PM »
[deleted by author]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:24:49 PM by LandonM170 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 08:18:08 PM »
So locations we have so far are: England, Switzerland, Ghana (?), and Turkey. Correct?
Absolutely NOT!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 08:25:45 PM »
So locations we have so far are: England, Switzerland, Ghana (?), and Turkey. Correct?
Absolutely NOT!
I meant where the plane has been not where racers have raced if you were wondering.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2021, 08:26:23 PM »
Guys! Remember we are traveling in Covid time. Each leg may be much longer than ever before.

To the best of my knowedge we have had our UK leg(s)...followed by covid testing and quarantiming pending the neXt country.

PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME A COUNTRY HERE UNLESS YOU CAN PROVIDE A  FACTUAL REASON OR HAVE PHOTO EVIDENCE OR HAVE EXPLAINED IT FULLY HERE OR TO ME IN PM.

Things are going to be different this time.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2021, 08:29:32 PM »
Absolutely NOT!
I meant where the plane has been not where racers have raced if you were wondering.

The plane was for hire and so where it went before we took it over does not matter!  :groan:

We have it now. There will be times it isnt used while teams self drive.

So chill. Go enjoy my BVM post instead!!  :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2021, 11:11:02 PM »
Do we know if they are using the legs, from the 1 run? Was really hoping they did Glasgow!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2021, 07:57:17 AM »
From a quarantine and border restrictions point-of-view, it might make sense for production to stick around a bit in Schengen, where once you're in it's relatively easy to move around. Probably wouldn't make sense to pop in and out with a UK visit in between.

With that in mind, I'm wondering if the Zurich and Stansted stops were to position crew for the first few legs, with the start yet to come.

Excited we're on the road again!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:21:04 AM by Neobie »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2021, 08:49:09 AM »
From a quarantine and border restrictions point-of-view, it might make sense for production to stick around a bit in Schengen, where once you're in it's relatively easy to move around. Probably wouldn't make sense to pop in and out with a UK visit in between.

With that in mind, I'm wondering if the Zurich and Stansted stops were to position crew for the first few legs, with the start yet to come.

Yes the Best news in a long and diffucult time. They did the right thing, with their own charted flight. Hope they can be ready for, a spring realase!!  :cheer:
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2021, 10:16:37 AM »
We are having some techy issues with the server and may go down briefly as they fix it. Please post any issues in the support thread!

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »

Love this!!

Techy issues should be resolved. Please post any issues in SUPPORT.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »
The relative lack of live spoiler information after a week of filming suggests that season 33, like season 1 is best described as “creatively chaotic” as production is flying the “plane” by the seat of their collective pants, just as was the case in season one.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2021, 06:01:06 PM »
OR we aren't doing a great job lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2021, 12:38:49 PM »
https://planefinder.net/data/aircraft/G-POWH

This shows two flights with no data for the TAR plane, possibly filming for another UK location. From the looks of it they were there for two and a half days.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2021, 03:39:40 PM »
1) Its possible they used this plane only for the first leg of the race and have moved on using regular commercial airlines?
2) What is the identifying 'number' of this aircraft, if anyone knows, then it's so easy to keep monitoring on flightradar24 dotcom to see if it's ever caught in the air, then we know that it lifted off again.
The World is Waiting For You

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2021, 06:21:31 PM »
The most logical explanation is that they have to quarantine at some point during the process. A few days either before leaving or when arriving in a country. The next real test will be to see if that Greece spoiler comes true.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2021, 06:30:25 PM »
Here are the current border restrictions for the countries on our radar. Not to say production cannot negotiate something around the rules with local authorities, but it's much easier to work with the flow than against it. I'm assuming everyone in the cast and crew are vaccinated with recognised vaccines.

Switzerland and Ireland require no testing or quarantine for vaccinated passengers.

England and Scotland look at travel history in the past 10 days. The US is on the amber list, while Switzerland is on the green list. For those on the TAR plane, they'd need to take a pre-departure test 3 days before travel, and an on-arrival test on or before Day 2 for vaccinated travellers. No quarantine is required. Note that a new set of rules comes into effect on 4 Oct.

Greece requires no testing or quarantine for passengers coming from the US, UK, and Ireland. However, there would be random rapid tests.

Europe is a safe haven for TAR filming; it gets much more complicated once you head east past the Middle East, where almost all leisure travel is blocked. Business visas might be negotiable for these countries, though.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2021, 10:23:00 PM »
Maybe we could get some new overdue European countries visited, for example: Montenegro, Latvia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Bulgaria to name a few.