Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 43363 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This thread is the WORKZONE of our spoilers.

This is where ALL the spoiler speculation/discussion of the TAR 33 race goes, NOT in the LIVE thread. It is where we try to thrash out what the LIVE sightings mean.

(If the start is LIVE, then we will use that thread for all sightings Start to Airport Departure.)

ALL Discussion of the LIVE Sightings and comments on them go here!

As always, per RFF's practices, we do not spoil the start location (if known) or any teams until it is believed that the teams are safely underway. We would never want to put a team in jeopardy or cause them distress or interfere with the actual running of the race. Info on future legs may also occasionally be protected for those reasons. But if you have info to share beforehand, we would love to know, so please feel free to PM or email me! Spoilers are treasured!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:38:19 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 06:16:34 PM »
OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline looseseal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 07:57:02 PM »
Excited!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 08:35:00 PM »
Going off the teams in Contestant Spoilers and checking their social media, it's safe to say Ray & Caro and Connie & Sam are both not in during this restart. The former have been active and I highly doubt Connie would suddenly post she was hiring on Linkedin and Sam would fake Instagram stories for a football game.

So that's two teams not accounted for as well as the other unidentified teams. Everyone else seems to still be back (Arun & Natalia, Akbar & Sheridan, Penn & Kim, Marissa & Marianella, Raquel & Cayla, and even Michael & Moe).

Offline octoberbirch

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:39:04 PM »
Going off the teams in Contestant Spoilers and checking their social media, it's safe to say Ray & Caro and Connie & Sam are both not in during this restart. The former have been active and I highly doubt Connie would suddenly post she was hiring on Linkedin and Sam would fake Instagram stories for a football game.

So that's two teams not accounted for as well as the other unidentified teams. Everyone else seems to still be back (Arun & Natalia, Akbar & Sheridan, Penn & Kim, Marissa & Marianella, Raquel & Cayla, and even Michael & Moe).

If they are picking up where they left off, I'm glad both F/F will be among the eight or nine teams racing. Losing either would be too much on a 2 F/F season.

If they are restarting again, I really hope they filled an empty slot with a 3rd F/F team.

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:40:25 PM »
Titan airways, owner of the chartered plane, has their HQ in Stansed (https://www.titan-airways.com/commercial/contact-us/) where the plane is parked now.  Maybe they are still tweaking the plane.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »

The team below must be Raquel & Cayla then?

So we have the following teams unidentified as of yet (assuming they all returned for the Restart)
African American M/M in Dark Blue
Mixed M/M in Red/Blue
Young White M/M
Replacement Team for Ray & Caro
Replacement Team For Connie & Sam
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:38:33 PM by BourkieBoy »

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 08:59:37 PM »
I’m going off the believe they are currently racing from the plane currently parked at STN. With that being said, are we allowed to speculate on there future locations once they leave there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 09:05:18 PM »

There's not a Contestant ID Thread been re-opened yet?

The team below must be Raquel & Cayla then?

So we have the following teams unidentified as of yet (assuming they all returned for the Restart)
African American M/M in Dark Blue
Mixed M/M in Red/Blue
Young White M/M
Replacement Team for Ray & Caro
Replacement Team For Connie & Sam

Its all in ovalorange's thread right here:

https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,36085.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline utubefan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 09:11:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/elisedoganieri

Elise posted video of the emmys last night. Would the race have taken off without her?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 09:18:33 PM »

Elise posted video of the emmys last night. Would the race have taken off without her?

You know she actually took the video?  :d025:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 11:39:15 PM »
It's been 3 days since they have landed in London, shouldn't the third leg have started by now? Unless they're doing another leg in the UK and production chose to get there by a different mode of transportation.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 12:03:58 AM »
The CNN travel advisory for the United Kingdom, as shown at

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-international-travel-covid-19/index.html

UPDATE: Leisure travel to the UK is open. Rules through October 3: Testing required. Quarantine in place for the unvaccinated. Rules may vary between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Starting October 4, new system goes into effect. US Embassy | UK government | Passenger locator form | Declaration form.

With production ongoing, this is a very useful link.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 04:53:06 AM »

I always thought Bertram was with the teams while Elise ran the command center in LA, so it's possible she was at the Emmys. But I could be mistaken as well.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2021, 08:24:18 AM »
Moderator please delete if I am not supposed to make such speculations. Here is where I think the teams might eventually be going, not necessarily in this order: Katoka (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Istanbul, Turkey and Takoradi, Ghana. All I got for these areas is a coworker is from Ghana, so I’m having him reach out to family there for eyes on anything production wise.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 10:17:55 AM »
Moderator please delete if I am not supposed to make such speculations. Here is where I think the teams might eventually be going, not necessarily in this order: Katoka (Democratic Republic of the Congo), Istanbul, Turkey and Takoradi, Ghana. All I got for these areas is a coworker is from Ghana, so I’m having him reach out to family there for eyes on anything production wise.

NO wishlists please.If you have factual info or a based on fact suspicion that a place is going to be visited that's fine. If you have SPECIFIC info notify  one of the TAR team. Do NOT post actual places/times in public, you could put our teams at risk.

We need everyone helping. WIth unlikely airport sightings please be checking locations and weird closures.

We need everyone's eyes!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 10:23:13 AM »

I always thought Bertram was with the teams while Elise ran the command center in LA, so it's possible she was at the Emmys. But I could be mistaken as well.

When their daughter was much younger sometimes Elise ran things at the home base end. But no, she has been onsite for many seasons now.  And she could have quickly caught up with the race. We are a bit handicapped at knowing the EXACT start time as we usually do.
It was my understanding that due to Covid risks BVM was going to supervise remotely this time, but I cannot confirm that.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 10:35:29 AM »

I believe Istanbul, Turkey  and Takoradi, Ghana are being speculated because of recent flights made by the TAR plane, but this is the first time I hear of a possible visit to the DRC.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2021, 10:40:01 AM »

NO wishlists please.If you have factual info or a based on fact suspicion that a place is going to be visited that's fine. If you have SPECIFIC info notify  one of the TAR team. Do NOT post actual places/times in public, you could put our teams at risk.

We need everyone helping. WIth unlikely airport sightings please be checking locations and weird closures.

We need everyone's eyes!
Nothing factual, just wild guess.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jack3257

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 11:46:59 PM »
I remember they said that they filmed 3 shows in the UK before the shutdown.  So assuming the first leg since the reset was in Switzerland that would put us at leg 4.  Are we sure there were legs in the UK this time?  I feel like 4-5 legs there is a bit much.  Also, I feel like because of COVID we will get less sightings.  I bet production has hired drivers for teams and tasks are in closed-off locations.  Racing in a public place creates so much more risk for exposure.  If it was a reset and those first three UK episodes will be included they probably didn’t have another starting line and just took everyone straight to Switzerland.  I also think we might adopt the format of legs starting in the country the leg takes place in, not the pit stop.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 12:14:30 AM »
I remember they said that they filmed 3 shows in the UK before the shutdown.  So assuming the first leg since the reset was in Switzerland that would put us at leg 4.  Are we sure there were legs in the UK this time?  I feel like 4-5 legs there is a bit much.  Also, I feel like because of COVID we will get less sightings.  I bet production has hired drivers for teams and tasks are in closed-off locations.  Racing in a public place creates so much more risk for exposure.  If it was a reset and those first three UK episodes will be included they probably didn’t have another starting line and just took everyone straight to Switzerland.  I also think we might adopt the format of legs starting in the country the leg takes place in, not the pit stop.

They’re likely not going to use the episodes they already filmed because some teams that survived those two legs were not able to come back for the reset. Plus why would they revisit the UK if they were going to use the legs they already filmed when you consider how many countries have put increased restrictions on people from or people who have recently been to the UK.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 12:17:48 AM »
There’s no way to know if the three legs filmed in early 2020 could be salvaged, 19 months later. It makes no sense to have legs now in that same area. That would be five or more of the usual 12 legs. I seriously doubt WRP would do that.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 12:12:52 PM »

There’s no way to know if the three legs filmed in early 2020 could be salvaged, 19 months later. It makes no sense to have legs now in that same area. That would be five or more of the usual 12 legs. I seriously doubt WRP would do that.

Who’s to say they can’t air more than the typical 12 legs. Air old + new. I would think more shows would be a fan pleaser. Just my opinion. If I’m in charge of producing the show, I’m using a story line incorporating both and showing the trials of halting and restarting the race. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 02:03:38 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 12:17:40 PM »
I can't imagine airing something that doesn't count