Author Topic: Amazing Race 33 (2nd try!) LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! *please read post 1*  (Read 10483 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

LIVE sightings go here!  :hearts: And ONLY live sightings please!!

Comments on the sightings can go HERE >>that's where the real work takes place!

If you HAVE a live sighting to share, help us as much as you can with
WHO (be descriptive, what they look like, is it a male/female team for example, what color they are wearing is helpful)
WHAT are they doing
WHERE (as exactly as possible... street? airport gate? address? be specific!)
WHEN (what time zone?, exact time)
and any descriptions of the action! Pictures are treasured!

If you have a spoiler and prefer to share it privately, you can email me, my email is in my profile. Your confidentiality will be respected. You can also PM me here. Or PRIVATE message me on Twitter @peachrff

IMPORTANT! If you find anything posted by someone working in any capacity for the race or by production, do NOT post it here, you can cost someone their job...or worse. Let me or one of the Moderators know, and we'll see if it can be shared. Thanks!

Same goes for info on FUTURE legs, if you have a spoiler message one of the Moderators FIRST please. NO Future Leg details (where teams will be) should be posted without checking please.

If you are posting a tweet, please post the tweet, the tweet time, and LINK TO the twitter user name. Take a screencap if you can, tweets do disappear.
Please be kind, and don't all bury the poor unsuspecting twitterer with questions, if you see another RFFer on the job, let them handle it.

Photos should be credited. If someone is kind enough to share some with us specifically, those should be marked with photo by...or photo credit to....when posting. Happy to help if you need it.  Generally, pics posted on public Instagrams and Twitter are considered "public".

Spoiler info from public FACEBOOK posts may be shared. (For full details, see HERE .)
  I would like us to ASK, but the current messaging system means many posts go unseen. If you do not contact them yourself, please let ME know so I can try. *basic courtesy* This means copy me on all Facebook links please!

Please quote the info, provide the link, and credit the source.

Pictures should be marked with a name or initials whenever possible, if you cannot, just link to them and I'll help as time allows.

THE RULES ABOUT NO PRODUCTION INFO EVER AND NO FUTURE LEG INFO STILL APPLY!
FOR SECURITY REASONS DO NOT REVEAL A FUTURE LOCATION. NOTIFY A MODERATOR ASAP.

If you are concerned that any info gained from any sighting, FB post or tweet may be private or confidential or just "too much too soon", feel free to PM/email/private Tweet me to ask before you post.

The mods get VERY grouchy if they have to move posts.... so any non-live sighting chatter WILL be deleted!

Big :ghug: to all of you who are bringing us info, we couldn't do this without you!!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 12:28:01 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
NO POSTING UNTIL THERE IS A LIVE SIGHTING OF THE RACE (re)BEGINNING PLEASE!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 12:44:45 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Its been awhile so PLEASE take some time to read over our guidelines?

:tu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Okay. THis is a RFF FIRST.

We now have some very reliable info that suggests we may have missed the TAR 33 (redo) start.

What we DO NOT have is photo documentation.

What we do have is reliable sourced info that STRONGLY suggests the following.

1) Teams began to leave home for LA on Monday 9/13/21 (photo confirmation)
2) Teams departed LAX by charter flight Thursday 9/16/21 (sources)
3) Several sighting of a plane marked as THE AMAZING RACE (photo confirmations)
(All the actual info will be in the sightings threads, this is summary only)
4) Flight route of LAX>Halifax (refueling)>ZURICH arriving Friday 9/17 1:20PM
5)PRESUMED LEG IN ZURICH
6) In Zurich exactly 23 hours, departing to London Stansted on 9/18  arriving 1239 PM
7) SPECULATION: 9/19-9/20
   A: Possible leg in England OR
   B: Possible flight Stansted to BELFAST (Thanks to WP) for a LEG  there

C: Plane relocated back WITHOUT teams and crew.
   D: Teams flew in another Carrier to next location
 As of this writing the TAR plane remains in Stansted (9-25-21)

SO right now we are RACING!

Leg 3 is approaching or in progress.

PLEASE HELP US with searching for sightings/socialmedia posts/y'all know the drill!!

THIS REMAINS A LIVE THREAD ONLY

Moving Forward Spec goes in that thread and sightings or reliable INFO goes here.

LET'S DO THIS TEAM!!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 02:44:31 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
NEEDED now:
FB/IG/Twitter sightings or comments for the above dates and locations!

Y'all can do this!!

:didimiss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
When BVM retweets your FB post 3 times in a row....  :luvya:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Adding this in.

We have some info that teams may be racing in Pinarello, Corsica, France now.

Please start looking around? Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Also we now understand that the first legs filmed before the Covid Stop may be used.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Very credible info that the next following  leg will be in GREECE.

More details to follow soon.

Reminder that EXACT locations should not be revealed ahead of times for safety until the teams are racing.

Any questions please message me or one of the detectives!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Also we now understand that the first legs filmed before the Covid Stop may be used.

Too add to this, we can confirm 8 teams flew from LAX to Zurich on Sept.16

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Looks like Pinarello might have been yesterday:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=906735283284802&ref=sharing

CBS The amazing race !! Filming now @aristotelous_arnaia !!🏍🏍🏍🏍 #cbs #aristotelous #arnaia #arnea

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUSe32KIT4D/

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=906735283284802&ref=sharing

CBS The amazing race !! Filming now @aristotelous_arnaia !!🏍🏍🏍🏍 #cbs #aristotelous #arnaia #arnea

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUSe32KIT4D/

The cameraman appears to be filming the car. The driver looks like guy and it appears that they have no hair, could this possibly be a live sighting of Arun?

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
Webcamgalore.com has some still shots of the Aristotelous Square in Thessaloniki. Not a close up image but you can see the whole thing going down.

Edit: photos removed as not TAR but a car rally
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 10:33:52 PM by Linda BC2 »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wondered about that. There was still something happening in the Thessaloniki square though that came and went in a few hours.

Webcamgalore.com has some still shots of the Aristotelous Square in Thessaloniki. Not a close up image but you can see the who thing going down.

The recent sightings were the central square of Arnaia.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%CE%9A%CE%B5%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AE+%CE%A0%CE%BB%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%B1+%CE%91%CF%81%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%AF%CE%B1%CF%82/@40.4862374,23.5944218,147m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x14a8ef89157ffedd:0xe198ad3d0a16d183!8m2!3d40.4862364!4d23.5949703

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Webcamgalore.com has some still shots of the Aristotelous Square in Thessaloniki. Not a close up image but you can see the who thing going down.

The recent sightings were the central square of Arnaia.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%CE%9A%CE%B5%CE%BD%CF%84%CF%81%CE%B9%CE%BA%CE%AE+%CE%A0%CE%BB%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%B1+%CE%91%CF%81%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%AF%CE%B1%CF%82/@40.4862374,23.5944218,147m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x14a8ef89157ffedd:0xe198ad3d0a16d183!8m2!3d40.4862364!4d23.5949703

The cafe in Arnaia, Greece that took the shot of the cameraman says no teams arrived but that multiple motorbikes came past at one point. Most of the filming 'done on the road' they said.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ellada/makedonia/thessaloniki/plateia-aristotelous/timelapse.html

This time-lapse footage shows a big event that could possibly be TAR related, maybe a roadblock or extra task. The cars on the left appear to be task related while the cars on the right look like they are for teams. The one odd thing is that there are 9 cars, more cars than teams that should still be in or even the amount of teams accounted for on the flight from LAX to ZHR.

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/ellada/makedonia/thessaloniki/plateia-aristotelous/timelapse.html

This time-lapse footage shows a big event that could possibly be TAR related, maybe a roadblock or extra task. The cars on the left appear to be task related while the cars on the right look like they are for teams. The one odd thing is that there are 9 cars, more cars than teams that should still be in or even the amount of teams accounted for on the flight from LAX to ZHR.
ALL the cars appear to leave at the same time. At one point there is a group of people standing in a circle formation. I don’t know what to make of it. Thanks for sharing though.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Production typically has more vehicles than teams in the event a vehicle has operational problems. Very normal thing. This may be confirmation of the self driving that we’ve speculated about as a precautionary Covid-19 measure.
-- theschnauzers

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
If you are refering to the photos post above by Linda and if the time shown is correct, TAR hadn't even arrived in Greece at the time and it was actually the Porsche Club Greece that on Sunday morning had an event in Aristotelous Sq. for children from an orphanage, showcasing their cars and giving the children a ride.
https://glow.gr/skg-agenda-ti-mporite-na-kanete-stin-poli-auto-to-savvatokyriako-37811

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thank you Kiki. I was suspecting something like that - a car rally. But I wonder if the motorcycles later were TAR?

Offline Race2020FAN

• RFF Jr. Member
If you are refering to the photos post above by Linda and if the time shown is correct, TAR hadn't even arrived in Greece at the time and it was actually the Porsche Club Greece that on Sunday morning had an event in Aristotelous Sq. for children from an orphanage, showcasing their cars and giving the children a ride.
https://glow.gr/skg-agenda-ti-mporite-na-kanete-stin-poli-auto-to-savvatokyriako-37811
Good update. We are completely lost. Going to be exciting to learn what truly transpired in this race.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This instagram post ( https://www.instagram.com/p/CUZlyWnI752/ ) was from September 29 at Aristotelous Square - near the White Tower of Thessaloniki.
Looks like Aristotle as a pitstop greeter. There is a statue of him nearby.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere