Author Topic: TAR 32 Episode 5 "You Don't Strike Me as a Renaissance Man" 11/11/20  (Read 8422 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 32 Episode 5 "You Don't Strike Me as a Renaissance Man" 11/11/20
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2020, 09:19:00 PM »
So I bought the episode on Amazon since it was available last night. But now they've yanked it back off so I can't watch it.  :'( I need to get my $2.99 back since I only bought it so I could watch it early. :funny:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2020, 09:32:26 PM »
We had the location from the intro, but this press pic is from the Condé museum of the Chateau de Chantilly:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2020, 09:46:22 PM »
The carnival task is located in the Musee des Arts Forains:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pQAw3EUHYdY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pQAw3EUHYdY</a>

The museum is placed in one of the Bercy Pavillions.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:58:53 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »
Apparently the carnival and the museum tasks would be roadblocks, and the pie stuff would be RI
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2020, 08:01:49 AM »
So I bought the episode on Amazon since it was available last night. But now they've yanked it back off so I can't watch it.  :'( I need to get my $2.99 back since I only bought it so I could watch it early. :funny:

SO for all of you in this position I spent some time on the phone with Amazon this morning.

Those of us who bought this:

The episode was removed (appropriately).
When I check my purchase/video list on Amazon Prime I can see that I purchased it but the link is non-funtional.
There is NO record of this purchase on my account.

After speaking with Amazon they have assured me that there are NO Charges for this purchase.
So as far as Amzon and I can tell I was either not charged or a refund was made.
The person said this should apply to anyone who purchased it..
As far as we can tell this was done automatically. As far as they know there will be no plans to reinstate it and charge us when it IS eventually released again.

If you purchased it it may still be available in your YouTube list.

Hope that helps~

« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 08:17:29 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 02:39:51 PM »
This part of the task is the "Ball Passer" and is placed in the Salons Vénitiens of the Musee des Arts Forains.

The second one, "The Chamboule-tout", is also in the same place:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2020, 03:55:03 PM »

SO for all of you in this position I spent some time on the phone with Amazon this morning.

Those of us who bought this:

The episode was removed (appropriately).
When I check my purchase/video list on Amazon Prime I can see that I purchased it but the link is non-funtional.
There is NO record of this purchase on my account.

After speaking with Amazon they have assured me that there are NO Charges for this purchase.
So as far as Amzon and I can tell I was either not charged or a refund was made.
The person said this should apply to anyone who purchased it..
As far as we can tell this was done automatically. As far as they know there will be no plans to reinstate it and charge us when it IS eventually released again.

If you purchased it it may still be available in your YouTube list.

Hope that helps~

Yes, I had a quick chat with Amazon last night and they immediately refunded. I agree they made the right decision to take the episode down before Wednesday.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2020, 01:25:17 PM »
Per the little preview on social media, it looks like there is two flights to Paris, and that only the first four teams (Will/James, Michelle/Victoria, Leo/Alana, Volleyball bros) are on the first one.
The bros are out first, and then Will has issues driving the car in Manual, blocking the other 2 teams in the parking!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
Per the little preview on social media, it looks like there is two flights to Paris, and that only the first four teams (Will/James, Michelle/Victoria, Leo/Alana, Volleyball bros) are on the first one.
The bros are out first, and then Will has issues driving the car in Manual, blocking the other 2 teams in the parking!

It looks to be probably right:
Show content
Copied from Transportation thread:

Flight 1 (Will & James, Michelle & Victoria, Leo & Alana and Volley bros)

AR 1261 ASU-AEP 19 Nov 18 0839-1025 (scheduled 0835-1025)
AF 229 EZE-CDG 19 Nov 18 1429-0734+1 (scheduled 1435-0750+1)

Flight 2 (the rest of the teams)

LA 1317 ASU-GRU 19 Nov 18 1015-1316 (scheduled 1025-1330)
AF 457 GRU-CDG 19 Nov 18 1732-0744+1 (scheduled 1735-0805+1)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 08:36:15 PM »
TAR has used that Art Gallery roadblock before in slightly different formats. I can recall offhand the one in Venice (which took hours for many of those teams) and I seem to recall there was one other instance.
-- theschnauzers