Author Topic: TAR 33: (ORIGINAL) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 14454 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
This thread is the WORKZONE of our spoilers.

This is where ALL the spoiler speculation/discussion of the TAR 33 race goes, NOT in the LIVE thread. It is where we try to thrash out what the LIVE sightings mean.

(If the start is LIVE, then we will use that thread for all sightings Start to Airport Departure.)

ALL Discussion of the LIVE Sightings and comments on them go here!

As always, per RFF's practices, we do not spoil the start location (if known) or any teams until it is believed that the teams are safely underway. We would never want to put a team in jeopardy or cause them distress or interfere with the actual running of the race. Info on future legs may also occasionally be protected for those reasons. But if you have info to share beforehand, we would love to know, so please feel free to PM or email me! Spoilers are treasured!

This thread will be opened once the race is beginning. (not yet!  :0328: )
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 06:42:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 11:14:34 AM »
NO POSTING UNTIL THE FIRST SIGHTING !
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
Saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 06:32:04 PM »
So, is London confirmed as our Leg 1 destination at this point, or is that still speculation at this point? ???

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
So, is London confirmed as our Leg 1 destination at this point, or is that still speculation at this point? ???

Not 100% but we have information suggesting London...

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 07:08:35 PM »
Is it possible there were multiple start lines depending on the racers’ hometowns, like TAR28?

Lulu & Lala and Ray & Caro live in New Jersey, so they and that third team could be the batch flying out of JFK. Then the Charlotte group could be people from the south. And then there would also be an LA group somewhere
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 07:12:52 PM »
Is it possible there were multiple start lines depending on the racers’ hometowns, like TAR28?

Lulu & Lala and Ray & Caro live in New Jersey, so they and that third team could be the batch flying out of JFK. Then the Charlotte group could be people from the south. And then there would also be an LA group somewhere

This tweet was from JFK as it was tagged in Queens, NY.

This sighting sure does look like Charlotte.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 07:17:22 PM by Xoruz »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 07:13:50 PM »
There must be multiple Starting Lines again, ala TAR28!

West Coast teams could fly out from LA, Southern teams from Charlotte & Eastern teams from NYC! Could Chicago be a possible location for any teams from the Central US or would they of also flown out from JFK?

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 07:14:37 PM »

I was thinking the same thing too. It sounds like there are sightings at multiple airports - here's a thought - perhaps 2-3 groups of teams start out from different areas of the States all coordinate to meet together at the same place, say London?

Offline chja87

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 07:23:13 PM »
Do we know what flights they are taking to London?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 07:49:18 PM »

I was thinking the same thing too. It sounds like there are sightings at multiple airports - here's a thought - perhaps 2-3 groups of teams start out from different areas of the States all coordinate to meet together at the same place, say London?

Or they are doing the same thing as the most recent TAR Australia with an international starting line.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 08:27:19 PM »
I think europe - west africa - europe route TAR12/17/25/30 style is posibillity with UK as rumoured first destination.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »

Or they are doing the same thing as the most recent TAR Australia with an international starting line.

Oh! That's an idea!

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 10:55:09 PM »
Interesting that Marissa & Marianela (pink FF twins) were spotted in LA yesterday doing pre-season interviews but today was spotted at NYC airport and not LAX... hm?

Are we sure the starting line wasn't at the Los Angeles County Arboretum, where the their interviews were filmed?

I wonder if it's a case of just having multiple flights to London (connecting through Charlotte, Chicago, NYC, ect) based upon a Starting Line challenge?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 10:59:20 PM »
Interesting that Marissa & Marianela (pink FF twins) were spotted in LA yesterday doing pre-season interviews but today was spotted at NYC airport and not LAX... hm?

Are we sure the starting line wasn't at the Los Angeles County Arboretum, where the their interviews were filmed?

I wonder if it's a case of just having multiple flights to London (connecting through Charlotte, Chicago, NYC, ect) based upon a Starting Line challenge?

That’s exactly what I was about to post! Maybe it’s not multiple starting lines and there are multiple flights, which would be exciting

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 11:00:14 PM »

That's what I was thinking. This seems more like a case of multiple flights than a virtual start. The virtual start in TAR28 was to fit the theme which doesn't carry over to fit a group of what is now considered normal teams.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 11:03:17 PM »
The Arboretum shoot was on the 19th

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 11:15:10 PM »
I think europe - west africa - europe route TAR12/17/25/30 style is posibillity with UK as rumoured first destination.

Or at least a few Europe legs, Southern Africa and parts of Asia (thus would skip Middle East due to nCOV cases in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and UAE and most of South Asia), probably a reverse TAR 31 route. Possibilty could be Europe -> Africa -> Asia (Southeast Asia cross into Indian Ocean) -> Oceania -> Asia (for a penultimate leg maybe in Japan).

The last three seasons are four continent race consecutively. Hopefully this time, it could be a 5-continent race.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:33:39 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 11:22:55 PM »
They can skip Asia entirely and jump to Oceania from Africa. That would be fresh.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2020, 11:24:06 PM »
My guess would be Europe --> Africa --> Oceania --> South America. They've gotta be careful though, with the coronavirus.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 11:25:48 PM »
I don't think an international start line makes sense, production has clearly been filming team interactions within each airport. The race is almost certainly on.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2020, 11:44:07 PM »
Hmmm...Love Islanders, radio hosts, and viral cops. I'm definitely sensing a casting theme

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2020, 12:27:40 AM »

I believe that is a strong possibility
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2020, 02:41:15 AM »
They can skip Asia entirely and jump to Oceania from Africa. That would be fresh.
So cool if they did that!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 03:18:09 AM »
At the rate the coronavirus is being reported in various countries especially with the release of passengers, including those infected from the cruise ship in Japan, and reports of cases in Italy, the production concern leg by leg will have to be exposure going through air, ship, and train terminals. One report I read today in a news feed was that the virus can live on undisinfected surfaces for up to nine days. And the incubation period has not been determined. So avoiding east Asia may not be enough. IIRC, cases have been reported in Iran.

If we haven’t accounted for all teams yet for US departure cities then we may want to look at other cities that fly direct to London, eg Miami, Dallas, Atlanta. IIRC there were more than three airports involved in teams flying to Mexico City at the beginning of TAR 28.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 02:16:12 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers