Author Topic: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)  (Read 33499 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air??
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2020, 01:50:09 PM »
Welp, this have been weird for years now. Once a year is good enough now, I guess.
Gotta get into those international versions :D

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2020, 10:50:54 PM »
Interesting article that!

BVM has confirmed two more seasons will film! Hopefully he means more than two seasons will be filmed!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2020, 11:06:48 PM »
Interesting article that!

BVM has confirmed two more seasons will film! Hopefully he means more than two seasons will be filmed!

Not exactly. What was confirmed by Andy was I think that there are two seasons to AIR... which means 32 and 33.

I do not think there is anything there that says ONLY two though...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2020, 03:24:28 PM »
That's definitely a good quote! So 33 should definitely be filming in the near future. Of course they wouldn't have any idea about 34 or beyond. Assuming 32 airs this summer, then 33 would probably air spring/summer 2021. So 34 wouldn't even film for at least a year+ anyways, and who knows what shape CBS will be in. But it's good to have confirmation from them that 33 is in the works.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »
Def in the works. Casting has wrapped and hopefully they'll go out end Feb!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2020, 10:03:57 PM »
Revised:
First, for The Amazing Race 32, “I would say in the next six months it’ll be airing,” Doganieri told me. “They haven’t given us a date. We’ve been hearing rumors, too!”

“We don’t know anything else,” van Munster said.

However, there is good news about the show’s future. “We’re filming another one—33,” Doganieri told me. So yes, TAR 33 is happening.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/01/amazing-race-33-amazing-race-32-updates/?fbclid=IwAR0hJ2kK1agTSlDLgUBMc3V6h6_22ZDoPNSQtuL7mIQZTvNCp7vTBj_sbNQ

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2020, 03:11:27 PM »
No dates yet? This is...annoying to say the least
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2020, 03:51:42 PM »

Seriously, it's ridiculous how the whole cast has to keep results a secret for over a year.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2020, 10:10:53 PM »
Makes you wonder what’s planned in 2021, as it will be the 20th anniversary of TAR Classic.
-- theschnauzers

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2020, 08:19:24 AM »

Seriously, it's ridiculous how the whole cast has to keep results a secret for over a year.

Do they get the money when they win, when it airs, or half and half?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2020, 08:49:01 AM »
After it airs.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »
Damn could you imagine winning a million bucks and then having to wait a year and a half to get it?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2020, 04:52:37 PM »
I'm just going to go off here. Every sentence is important.

Seeing the cast, Bertram, Elise and Phil having to possibly wait longer than 2 years to be able to talk about their castmates, their journeys, and receive their prizes is beyond maddening.

CBS has been notorious for forcing TAR outside of its home since the single-digit seasons and their flippant decision to place it on the Friday death slot in the mid-2010s strained the ties they had with the show. And all of it was because of the network's own wrongdoing. Then afterward, CBS' awful scheduling behavior of blindly batting it to every time on every day of the week (a rerun of TAR24's Guangzhou legs aired on Saturday once) did nothing but worsen their seemingly one-sided severed relationship.

Shame on those involved with officializing the yearly show schedules at CBS and not giving a credible 20+ Primetime Emmy-awarded program a proper timeslot.

In addition to the winning team indubitably being unsatisfied over this promised prize amount not being fulfilled, the other teams with a 1st place Travelocity package can't even redeem their earned holidays or trade them in for a cash value until even after this uncertainty is answered. It's already a new decade. How long do they have to keep these promotional packages in their pockets until they expire, or are they still frozen in time? I'm sure Travelocity also isn't having any of this by being kept waiting to distribute 32's prizes before 33's new set of goodies have to be signed off on.

We NEED an answer from Viacom/CBS at this point. They MUST get their crap together. There's no excuse for Survivor to run four full circles, probably five after their all-winners season, before the Race can run once and who knows if it's even going to be this year. I really want to tell them to take out one of the sitcoms that people do not like, move it to All Access, replace it with the Race, and make it TAR's permanent timeslot. I also feel really bad for the racers who are going to be part of TAR33 and likely are going to have to endure this corporate Hollywood mess too.

It's all so upsetting to think about. I know I may sound like I am weaponizing my feelings for the show to have a set time on the air, but there is a point where enough time has passed for concerns to be amplified.

#StartTheAmazingRace
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2020, 09:53:48 AM »
Petitioning that I am in for the statement of TAR 32's long awaiting premiere date, Rachel.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2020, 10:40:55 AM »
I'm just going to go off here. Every sentence is important.

Seeing the cast, Bertram, Elise and Phil having to possibly wait longer than 2 years to be able to talk about their castmates, their journeys, and receive their prizes is beyond maddening.

CBS has been notorious for forcing TAR outside of its home since the single-digit seasons and their flippant decision to place it on the Friday death slot in the mid-2010s strained the ties they had with the show. And all of it was because of the network's own wrongdoing. Then afterward, CBS' awful scheduling behavior of blindly batting it to every time on every day of the week (a rerun of TAR24's Guangzhou legs aired on Saturday once) did nothing but worsen their seemingly one-sided severed relationship.

Shame on those involved with officializing the yearly show schedules at CBS and not giving a credible 20+ Primetime Emmy-awarded program a proper timeslot.

In addition to the winning team indubitably being unsatisfied over this promised prize amount not being fulfilled, the other teams with a 1st place Travelocity package can't even redeem their earned holidays or trade them in for a cash value until even after this uncertainty is answered. It's already a new decade. How long do they have to keep these promotional packages in their pockets until they expire, or are they still frozen in time? I'm sure Travelocity also isn't having any of this by being kept waiting to distribute 32's prizes before 33's new set of goodies have to be signed off on.

We NEED an answer from Viacom/CBS at this point. They MUST get their crap together. There's no excuse for Survivor to run four full circles, probably five after their all-winners season, before the Race can run once and who knows if it's even going to be this year. I really want to tell them to take out one of the sitcoms that people do not like, move it to All Access, replace it with the Race, and make it TAR's permanent timeslot. I also feel really bad for the racers who are going to be part of TAR33 and likely are going to have to endure this corporate Hollywood mess too.

It's all so upsetting to think about. I know I may sound like I am weaponizing my feelings for the show to have a set time on the air, but there is a point where enough time has passed for concerns to be amplified.

#StartTheAmazingRace

Love your passion. The lack of a start date def sucks.

But do keep in mind that there is a whole new team in charge at CBS. It has been a huge year of transition for them.

I am hopeful that the new team is supportive of the TAR team. We did get approval for a new race to run.  :)x

But agree, we NEEED a date for 32 asap. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I loved us in the after Survivor spot... if we could get than again during All Stars it would be AMAZING!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2020, 04:39:02 PM »
The Love Island twitter just posted that a new season is coming "This Spring". No clear date, but obviously anytime before June and much earlier than its airing last year. Nothing for TAR32 though =(

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2020, 07:47:27 AM »

Bertram, Elise, and Phil have been doing this job for nearly twenty years.  I'm confident they're not chuffed about having to wait to talk about a cast/race.  It's literally their job to produce the show, and when this shows up, they will produce more.  They aren't chomping at the bit, and to be worried about them is just displacing your own anxiety over not having 11 or 12 new episodes of the race.  It will air.  If it's longer, then so be it.

Being concerned about the cast is also a bit weird.  They are fully in the know about their prizes being dispensed upon airing.  They've signed contracts for that.  The race is done and the winners know they are getting money.  It's not like they're on the edge of their seats; they just need the same patience.  I get people wanting more episodes, but turning this around and being concerned for people that-- if not for spoilers-- we haven't even seen is a bit bonkers.

CBS has had a huge internal shift and with that comes new people with new ideas.  If they want to take a chance on Love Island (which is a major ratings hit overseas) then that makes a lot of sense.  The ratings for the U.S. version were fine for a summer show if not consistent on top of which it's cheap to make.  TAR is in the can; it will air when it airs.  And production is confident they're making a 33rd.

their flippant decision to place it on the Friday death slot in the mid-2010s strained the ties they had with the show.

Sorry to ask, but 'huh?'  If those were strained that badly, we wouldn't have had seasons beyond those.  CBS puts the show where they need to.  The show never died.  In fact, it's moved from Fridays since.

Everything in this post is a diatribe against CBS over mistreatment of a property that the network has been handling for 19 years and continues to.  You flip back and forth between worrying about players and crew (which means you want episodes) and crying out that CBS is a bad home for it (which means you'd rather CBS not air it?).  I promise I'm not some sort of CBS shill or something, but this is literally just a TV show.  Life goes on.  TAR isn't going anywhere, but to have literal outrage for the network making the show demanding that they air it is insane.  The show isn't ours-- it's theirs.  They are not beholden to us.  Frankly, if they decide not to air it at all, that's well within their means.  Then what?  It's all good because they'll have given their answer and spare the cast and crew the worry?  They won't have to mishandle it anymore?  Phew.  Problem solved.

I know this is taking things to a bit of an extreme, but frankly, this overwhelming disdain, finger-pointing, and worry for the cast and crew over the inevitable airing of a reality TV show is equally extreme.  There's so much more to worry about in life.  Not to mention episodes of TARCAN, TARAU, and others continuing to be produced.  Last year had more TAR than a typical year.  And still it's not enough.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:57:04 AM by kyleisalive »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »

Bertram, Elise, and Phil have been doing this job for nearly twenty years.  I'm confident they're not chuffed about having to wait to talk about a cast/race.  It's literally their job to produce the show, and when this shows up, they will produce more.  They aren't chomping at the bit, and to be worried about them is just displacing your own anxiety over not having 11 or 12 new episodes of the race.  It will air.  If it's longer, then so be it.

Being concerned about the cast is also a bit weird.  They are fully in the know about their prizes being dispensed upon airing.  They've signed contracts for that.  The race is done and the winners know they are getting money.  It's not like they're on the edge of their seats; they just need the same patience.  I get people wanting more episodes, but turning this around and being concerned for people that-- if not for spoilers-- we haven't even seen is a bit bonkers.

CBS has had a huge internal shift and with that comes new people with new ideas.  If they want to take a chance on Love Island (which is a major ratings hit overseas) then that makes a lot of sense.  The ratings for the U.S. version were fine for a summer show if not consistent on top of which it's cheap to make.  TAR is in the can; it will air when it airs.  And production is confident they're making a 33rd.

their flippant decision to place it on the Friday death slot in the mid-2010s strained the ties they had with the show.

Sorry to ask, but 'huh?'  If those were strained that badly, we wouldn't have had seasons beyond those.  CBS puts the show where they need to.  The show never died.  In fact, it's moved from Fridays since.

Everything in this post is a diatribe against CBS over mistreatment of a property that the network has been handling for 19 years and continues to.  You flip back and forth between worrying about players and crew (which means you want episodes) and crying out that CBS is a bad home for it (which means you'd rather CBS not air it?).  I promise I'm not some sort of CBS shill or something, but this is literally just a TV show.  Life goes on.  TAR isn't going anywhere, but to have literal outrage for the network making the show demanding that they air it is insane.  The show isn't ours-- it's theirs.  They are not beholden to us.  Frankly, if they decide not to air it at all, that's well within their means.  Then what?  It's all good because they'll have given their answer and spare the cast and crew the worry?  They won't have to mishandle it anymore?  Phew.  Problem solved.

I know this is taking things to a bit of an extreme, but frankly, this overwhelming disdain, finger-pointing, and worry for the cast and crew over the inevitable airing of a reality TV show is equally extreme.  There's so much more to worry about in life.  Not to mention episodes of TARCAN, TARAU, and others continuing to be produced.  Last year had more TAR than a typical year.  And still it's not enough.
I totally understand your counterpoints and that I should take a breather and calm down over CBS' decisions. At the end of the day, it's a television series we all entertain our thoughts over in our leisure and what their word goes. I'm still baffled why The Amazing Race remains one of the only shows with the most timeslot shifts instead of a "staple" (in one consistent airtime) show throughout the years. I acknowledge the Viacom and CBS merger that happened just months ago and existing executives have to meet new executives, but I'm wondering why 32 is still idle this late when other shows are smooth sailing regardless of these new ideas being pitched. The last season has already pushed the time between filming and airing to about a year. I put more questions and critical thinking to myself than an English textbook, and would be happy to know if the series is still in considerations or not. It's just how I think.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2020, 12:06:53 PM »
Love your passion. The lack of a start date def sucks.

But do keep in mind that there is a whole new team in charge at CBS. It has been a huge year of transition for them.

I am hopeful BELIEVE that the new team is supportive of the TAR team. We did get approval for a new race to run.  :)x

But agree, we NEEED a date for 32 asap. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I loved us in the after Survivor spot... if we could get than again during All Stars it would be AMAZING!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2020, 12:13:09 PM »
I put more questions and critical thinking to myself than an English textbook, and would be happy to know if the series is still in considerations or not. It's just how I think.

YES it is. Elise has said 32 will air, it is just still a matter of when.

And 33 will be going out soon which takes high level CBS approval.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »
AND...doesn't look like we have an April slot either.

Also waiting in the wings is reality veteran The Amazing Race, which CBS brass may keep on the shelf as backup in case a writers strike freezes scripted series production for next season.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/man-with-a-plan-broke-cbs-comedies-april-premiere-dates-thursday-time-slots-1202843466/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2020, 01:03:01 PM »
AND...doesn't look like we have an April slot either.

Also waiting in the wings is reality veteran The Amazing Race, which CBS brass may keep on the shelf as backup in case a writers strike freezes scripted series production for next season.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/man-with-a-plan-broke-cbs-comedies-april-premiere-dates-thursday-time-slots-1202843466/

Did a quick google search and the current WGA contract expires 5/1/20. The most recent article I can find on contract negotiations is here: https://deadline.com/2019/12/writers-guild-reports-record-employment-of-members-but-wants-writers-to-earn-more-1202805790/

So if they can't get it sorted out and the writers guild goes on strike, then that would mean that very little would be fit/ready to air in the traditional late September premiere window. Those shows usually go into production in late June or July, so it depends on how long this theoretical strike would go. And if the writers are on strike, then it'll be a sea of reality shows in the fall. Maybe that's why they're greenlighting TAR33 already. If I had to wager, I'd still expect TAR32 to air this summer, after Survivor finishes. And then they would have 33 ready to go in the fall if the writers are on strike.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2020, 01:58:51 PM »
How long is post production on this show? It can't be that hard to edit bc there's no CGI. They  might even have 33 ready to go by May if they really pushed it, let alone September. For all we know, 34 could be filmed by then too.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2020, 02:01:13 PM »
How long is post production on this show? It can't be that hard to edit bc there's no CGI. They  might even have 33 ready to go by May if they really pushed it, let alone September. For all we know, 34 could be filmed by then too.

Not very long. Keep in mind this is the show that for years one would film in the summer and be ready to air in September, and then would film again between Thanksgiving and Christmas and be ready to go by February. The season is done and ready to go, just waiting on the schedulers.