Author Topic: Survivor 39: Island of the Idols  (Read 195883 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Survivor 39: Island of the Idols
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:08:07 AM »
Preview of the upcoming 39th Season, "Survivor: Island of the Idols"

"Survivor: Island of the Idols" premieres Fall 2019 on the CBS Television Network

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJBMqda82ZY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJBMqda82ZY</a>

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Survivor 39: Island of the Idols
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »
Um, producers are getting desperate for the title/twists!  :funny:

Gra1162

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:35:29 PM »
Sandra's back queen stays queen <3

Gra1162

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »
Omg rob aged so badly

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 07:28:22 PM »
Rob and Sandra aren't competing, thankfully. They're apparently going to be mentors of sorts.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:01 PM »
I dont want to see those two on survivor again
Swarm stupidity

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:51 PM »
Trying to figure out whether they didn't introduce us to any of the castaways because they all sucked, production cares about Rob and Sandra more, or both lol. I'm praying that Island of the Idols doesn't mean that there are going to be 1,000,000,000,000 idols in play.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 03:57:17 AM »
Trying to figure out whether they didn't introduce us to any of the castaways because they all sucked, production cares about Rob and Sandra more, or both lol. I'm praying that Island of the Idols doesn't mean that there are going to be 1,000,000,000,000 idols in play.

No ur wrong, island of the idols mean they have to bow down to the humungo false idols of those two
Swarm stupidity

Gra1162

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2019, 04:33:06 AM »
I dont want to see those two on survivor again
Sandra's a queen and is amazing, the queen stays queen

however.....

rob is just

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 05:57:35 AM »
Sandra's a queen and is amazing, the queen stays queen

however.....

rob is just

Boston Rob is the best player in survivor history, i dont like him, but hes the best
and sandra already dethroned
theres a new queen in the island
Swarm stupidity

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2019, 09:31:21 AM »
Really like Rob and Sandra

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »
Boston Rob is the best player in survivor history, i dont like him, but hes the best

Anyone could call themselves the "best player in Survivor history" going up against the majority of the Redemption Island cast, though.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 01:04:10 PM »
Anyone could call themselves the "best player in Survivor history" going up against the majority of the Redemption Island cast, though.

You seem forget, Rob mariano basically won S07 All Star
had a very solid gameplay, controlling his alliance and his power couple amber, make super cute young amber fall for him, thats why i hate him btw, ruining amber cuteness
make one of the most memorable move on lex, betraying him cold-bloodedly, make lex cry like a boy who lost his playboy magazine, which is never happen to me ofcourse
turn Rup and Tom against each others, make Tom who usually a funny guy turn into an angry redneck
and dont forget how strong he is, he slam Ethan who is a soccer player and Colby who is captain america so hard that they have residence permit in Slam town

Redemption island castaway are not that stupid and weak ya know, matt is super tough in redemption island can redeem himself and comeback just to be sent back by B rob for second time, broken spirit broken heart in tears lost to andrea who also can comeback from redemption island and again just to be vote off for good, thats how good mariano is
and last but not least anybody who can control half naked phillip in pink underwear hands down is the best player in survivor history
i dont know if ur really survivor fans but if u need me to break it down to u why Boston rob is the best, it must be ur not survivor fan, only a casual viewer
so basically Boston rob won survivor twice with super solid cut-throat strategy and strong performance on challenges, not like so called queen sandra who won twice solely based on super lucky and coat-tail strategy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:15:12 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
I'm not sure I'll want to watch this season.

... also what has this subforum turned into..

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 10:12:48 PM »

You seem forget, Rob mariano basically won S07 All Star
had a very solid gameplay, controlling his alliance and his power couple amber, make super cute young amber fall for him, thats why i hate him btw, ruining amber cuteness
make one of the most memorable move on lex, betraying him cold-bloodedly, make lex cry like a boy who lost his playboy magazine, which is never happen to me ofcourse
turn Rup and Tom against each others, make Tom who usually a funny guy turn into an angry redneck
and dont forget how strong he is, he slam Ethan who is a soccer player and Colby who is captain america so hard that they have residence permit in Slam town

Redemption island castaway are not that stupid and weak ya know, matt is super tough in redemption island can redeem himself and comeback just to be sent back by B rob for second time, broken spirit broken heart in tears lost to andrea who also can comeback from redemption island and again just to be vote off for good, thats how good mariano is
and last but not least anybody who can control half naked phillip in pink underwear hands down is the best player in survivor history
i dont know if ur really survivor fans but if u need me to break it down to u why Boston rob is the best, it must be ur not survivor fan, only a casual viewer
so basically Boston rob won survivor twice with super solid cut-throat strategy and strong performance on challenges, not like so called queen sandra who won twice solely based on super lucky and coat-tail strategy

With all due respect, I disagree completely.

In my opinion, Rob is not a good player. He has one strategy, and it got him a prejury finish the first and third times he tried it, and lost him the million on the second. If you fail at something three times and then finally succeed when the game is rigged in your favor, you are not a good player, you are someone who fails to learn from experience.

He did not have solid gameplay, he made a ton of deals that he never intended to honor, and screwed over a bunch of people who had been his friends outside of the game. It was incredibly sloppy, and if the players he had done it to had ever compared notes (like they did in Marquesas and HvV) he would have been finished well before the finals. He was well-known to be incredibly insecure before All-Stars and even went and tried to bully Rob Cesternino after Amazon finished because he was upset that the show cast another Rob who was better than him. That's the same reason why he specifically attacked players like Ethan and Colby to try and make himself look better. 

Redemption Island was a joke season, filled with new players who had never watched the game and were only shown clips of Rob's most heroic moments to guarantee that they'd want to keep him around. None of them had any idea what they were doing strategically, and they made no effort to ever play the game for themselves. The pre-merge challenges were all tailored to his strengths, and the tribes were, for pretty much the only time ever, given construction materials so that he could show off his construction skills and instantly win over the tribe. You literally could not have handed him a better setup, and his win was basically guaranteed from the start.

Sandra has shown that she can work and turn around situations to her advantage. When Rob's strategy fails, he has absolutely no backup and that's why he left early twice. All you have to do to beat Rob is to just be smart enough not to let him tell you what to do.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 04:38:31 AM »
Island of idols...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:11:10 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 09:54:37 AM »
I really want them to call it island of idols and then not put a single idol on the island.

Make the castaways super paranoid.

Then at merge give one person an idol and make it must be played that tribal or they automatically get a vote against them. Then every one will be even more paranoid cause clearly idols are being found if one was just played.

No one will trust anyone.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 06:39:21 AM »
There actually being no HII's is probably the only way that this absurd theme/title can be justified in my eyes.
This might be beating Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers for most bizarre title.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »
Survivor - Island of the Idols Premiere (Preview)

Sandra, the queen of Survivor and Boston Rob are back to turn the game on it's head on Survivor: Island of  the Idols, Wednesday, Sept 25 at 8/7c.  Only CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EomxHFWqIS4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EomxHFWqIS4</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 10:49:15 AM »
Survivor 39 cast reveal comes out tomorrow, Monday 9/9/19.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 11:36:53 AM »
Survivor - Behind the Scenes of Island of the Idols

The Emmy Award-winning series returns for its 39th season, themed "Island of the Idols." This edition features two legendary winners, Boston Rob Mariano and Sandra Diaz-Twine, who return to the game to serve as mentors to a group of 20 new players. Combined, Boston Rob and Sandra have played over 200 days in this game and plan to share their knowledge with the new castaways, but for the first time ever, they won't be competing for the money. During the 39 days, these new players will visit the Island of the Idols and learn skills and strategy from these "idols." The new players will then put their knowledge to the test and those who can rise up to the challenge will continue their quest for $1 million and the title of Sole Survivor.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2VtWtRjIO3o&amp;t=0s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2VtWtRjIO3o&amp;t=0s</a>

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
This is horrible cast

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
This is horrible cast

How do you know before you've seen them play?

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 05:33:21 AM »
This is horrible cast

Based on their pics, i think this is the most diverse casts we had since a long time.. Balance age, not full of young, fit, and good looking casts like Big Brother

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »
This is horrible cast

Based on their pics, i think this is the most diverse casts we had since a long time.. Balance age, not full of young, fit, and good looking casts like Big Brother

i want take back what say reallly love this cast

Gra1162

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 06:40:45 AM »
YASSS ASIAN QUEEN <3 hopefully no more curse on asian castaways

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 12:43:19 PM »

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 02:35:09 AM »
2 days before the premiere, i think it's time Survivor 39 has it's own thread  :)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 01:43:03 PM »
Get A Sneak Peek At The Premiere Of Survivor: Island Of The Idols

Boston Rob and Sandra are back on Survivor's 39th season to help coach 20 new castaways in their battle to outwit, outplay, and outlast one another for a million bucks. Don't miss the 90-minute season premiere of Survivor: Island of the Idols on Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 8/7c on CBS

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7zyTGl79eYw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7zyTGl79eYw</a>

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 03:41:04 PM »
I really don't know how i feel about this whole coaching/mentors thing and them giving our idols based off tasks. I wish it was just a classic season.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2019, 04:47:45 PM »
The more podcasts and cast interviews I hear/read, the more exciting I'm getting for this season. I have a feeling we're all going to be pleasantly surprised this time.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »
The more podcasts and cast interviews I hear/read, the more exciting I'm getting for this season. I have a feeling we're all going to be pleasantly surprised this time.

I hope there's a twist to vote Rob and sandra out
Swarm stupidity

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
I really don't know how i feel about this whole coaching/mentors thing and them giving our idols based off tasks. I wish it was just a classic season.

The chance aspect of who gets chosen to go seems weird to me.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:35 AM »

The three hour finale & reunion show will take place on Wednesday, December 18th!