Author Topic: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 135080 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #725 on: December 02, 2019, 02:53:40 AM »
One year ago today, The Amazing Race 32 was filmed here in my home country the Philippines where the future teams went to Manila, the mayor at that time was Joseph Estrada, a former Philippine President and a former actor.

A year has past since the filming, Manila has drastically changed a lot into an environmentally-friendly and clean city,
with street vendors and overcrowding places in Northern part of Pasig River as well as dirty scattering areas in the city's districts were completely wiped out thanks to the newly incumbent mayor, who is an actor himself like his predecessor.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:57:26 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #726 on: April 13, 2020, 12:55:08 PM »
Looks Like the Startingline is Hollywood Bowl.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #727 on: April 13, 2020, 02:20:54 PM »
The Amazing Race will premiere season 32 with a special 2-hour long episode on May 20.

My biggest question is; do we know how the format of the premiere is going to work? Meaning, is it going to just be the first two legs back-to-back as two 1-hour long episodes, or is it going to be the first leg but extended to fit a whole 2-hour long episode? I'm personally hoping for the latter.

Survivor often does "2-hour premieres" like in seasons 17, 28, 34, 36, and 40, but it's just the first two episodes shown back-to-back. But for The Amazing Race, they've only done that once, for TAR15, over a decade ago. The difference though is that was likely planned as that was for a special twist (12 teams, starting line elimination, first time the first Pit Stop was a non-elimination, then leg 2 elimination) so that 2-hour premiere actually flowed together well.

The one and ONLY time Survivor has had a true 2-hour premiere was for season 20. Meanwhile, the last time The Amazing Race had a true 2-hour premiere was back in TAR9. Though the most recent extended premiere was TAR26, which was a 90-minute premiere.

If the TAR32 2-hour premiere is just the first two legs back-to-back, and they are both elimination legs, then for the first time in the history of TAR, we will already be down to 9 teams by the end of the first night. That's never happened before and it seems unnecessarily rushed, especially when there are a lot of holes in CBS's Summer (and even Fall) schedules due to the Coronavirus.

But also, is TAR32 even worth a full 2-hour long first leg? I know the TAR26 90-minute premiere is heavily criticized because it felt unnecessarily dragged-on, but I also argue it's mostly due to poor race design. The Detour for that episode is notoriously known as one of the most uneven Detours' ever, with one side taking barely ten minutes, and the other, taking several hours. If the TAR32 first leg is actually well designed, then I think a 2-hour long premiere could work.

What do we know for sure? Could leg 1 be a non-elimination? Could leg 2 be a non-elimination? Or are they both elimination legs? If they are both elimination legs, I just find it hard to believe that CBS would want to burn off 2 episodes in one night that fast and already be down to the final 9 that early, especially with all the holes in their scheduling. But I also find it hard to imagine CBS giving TAR a straight-up 2-hour premiere since it hasn't happened since TAR9. So the only other thing I can think of is if there's some TAR15-esque twist where airing the first two legs back-to-back actually makes sense (a leg 1 or leg 2 non-elimination/Keep on Racing twist).

So, what do we think; 2-hours for just one leg, or two 1-hour long episodes for both leg 1 and leg 2?  :duno:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:28:43 PM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #728 on: April 14, 2020, 04:52:50 AM »
The Amazing Race will premiere season 32 with a special 2-hour long episode on May 20.

My biggest question is; do we know how the format of the premiere is going to work? Meaning, is it going to just be the first two legs back-to-back as two 1-hour long episodes, or is it going to be the first leg but extended to fit a whole 2-hour long episode? I'm personally hoping for the latter.

Survivor often does "2-hour premieres" like in seasons 17, 28, 34, 36, and 40, but it's just the first two episodes shown back-to-back. But for The Amazing Race, they've only done that once, for TAR15, over a decade ago. The difference though is that was likely planned as that was for a special twist (12 teams, starting line elimination, first time the first Pit Stop was a non-elimination, then leg 2 elimination) so that 2-hour premiere actually flowed together well.

The one and ONLY time Survivor has had a true 2-hour premiere was for season 20. Meanwhile, the last time The Amazing Race had a true 2-hour premiere was back in TAR9. Though the most recent extended premiere was TAR26, which was a 90-minute premiere.

If the TAR32 2-hour premiere is just the first two legs back-to-back, and they are both elimination legs, then for the first time in the history of TAR, we will already be down to 9 teams by the end of the first night. That's never happened before and it seems unnecessarily rushed, especially when there are a lot of holes in CBS's Summer (and even Fall) schedules due to the Coronavirus.

But also, is TAR32 even worth a full 2-hour long first leg? I know the TAR26 90-minute premiere is heavily criticized because it felt unnecessarily dragged-on, but I also argue it's mostly due to poor race design. The Detour for that episode is notoriously known as one of the most uneven Detours' ever, with one side taking barely ten minutes, and the other, taking several hours. If the TAR32 first leg is actually well designed, then I think a 2-hour long premiere could work.

What do we know for sure? Could leg 1 be a non-elimination? Could leg 2 be a non-elimination? Or are they both elimination legs? If they are both elimination legs, I just find it hard to believe that CBS would want to burn off 2 episodes in one night that fast and already be down to the final 9 that early, especially with all the holes in their scheduling. But I also find it hard to imagine CBS giving TAR a straight-up 2-hour premiere since it hasn't happened since TAR9. So the only other thing I can think of is if there's some TAR15-esque twist where airing the first two legs back-to-back actually makes sense (a leg 1 or leg 2 non-elimination/Keep on Racing twist).

So, what do we think; 2-hours for just one leg, or two 1-hour long episodes for both leg 1 and leg 2?  :duno:

If it's a 2-hour episode. I hope it is centered on 1 Leg only. The fact that Trinidad & Tobago is first leg and a new country.
They can dive deeper into the culture more. Is there a SLT Task, I hope so. Can we get airport shots/drama if any, I hope so.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #729 on: April 22, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »
Looks like we’re probably not getting a cast reveal today :(
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #730 on: June 19, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »
Will Leg 12 from Manila to New Orleans be the furthest ever travelled by teams in a leg excluding possibly finale legs in earlier seasons with multiple stops.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #731 on: August 17, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »
Will Leg 12 from Manila to New Orleans be the furthest ever travelled by teams in a leg excluding possibly finale legs in earlier seasons with multiple stops.
I don't know what the longest mileage for a Final Leg is however it's around 8,700 miles.

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #732 on: August 17, 2020, 12:51:38 PM »
I don't know what the longest mileage for a Final Leg is however it's around 8,700 miles.

this season has a lot of miles.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #733 on: August 18, 2020, 04:29:32 AM »

Despite having only one double leg country, I think the route cannot suppress Season 26 which involved going across the Equator for 4 times?

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #734 on: August 18, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »

Despite having only one double leg country, I think the route cannot suppress Season 26 which involved going across the Equator for 4 times?

S5 crossed it 6 times

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2020, 06:32:22 AM »
Should we expect cast release next week? Or is it still too soon for it?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2020, 07:03:59 AM »
Should we expect cast release next week? Or is it still too soon for it?

They should release it soon.... We have been expecting for so long.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #737 on: September 14, 2020, 03:41:38 AM »
This is a new management at CBS. They held off revealed the cast for Big Brother all starts until the live premiere. I have no idea.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #738 on: September 14, 2020, 07:41:29 PM »
This is a new management at CBS. They held off revealed the cast for Big Brother all starts until the live premiere. I have no idea.
The late BB cast reveal was because they weren’t sure if everyone would pass their COVID test so it was possible the cast could change in between the reveal and the premiere. The TAR32 cast has been established since 2018 so I don’t see why they would wait for the reveal

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #739 on: September 19, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Still not a cast reveal in sight.

:furious: :groan:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #740 on: September 19, 2020, 10:28:10 AM »
Still not a cast reveal in sight.

:furious: :groan:

Patience. There are signs pointing to hopefully next week.

Just hoping CBS doesn't screw us out of an airdate again lol  :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #741 on: September 19, 2020, 01:59:49 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #742 on: September 19, 2020, 04:13:54 PM »

I just did the measure distanced on Google Maps and it told me 31,000mi (this is rounded to the nearest thousand). We have to keep in mind that in the earlier seasons they really stretched how far they went. For example, they said S5 was 72,000mi it is more like 47,000mi. The newer seasons are more actually only having been a few thousand miles off.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #743 on: September 21, 2020, 12:27:47 AM »
Just some observations from the CTV promo:

-Lavonne and Hung are both seen wearing similar makeup. Possibly from the Carnival banana song task??

-Leo & Alana, Chee & Hung, and Will & James are all seen checking in

-Leo is shown doing some task that seems to involve building some sort of hut

-Victoria & Michelle are shown doing the goat racing task

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #744 on: September 21, 2020, 08:07:31 AM »
CTV promo spoiled that LaVonne and Kellie made it to Leg 2 Bogota. However they looked very stressed and unhappy while running to pit stop, so I would assume it was before they were eliminated at 10th. Just speculation.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #745 on: September 22, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »
Aparna posted this cryptic post on Instagram today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFcSWw4B2RW/?igshid=1qoguiv0qxl0t

Fingers crossed for a cast reveal!

Offline kiwiazul

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #746 on: September 22, 2020, 11:18:39 AM »
CBS posted an IGTV at the oficial TAR Account!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFcdvppjbrI/  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #747 on: September 22, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »
CBS posted an IGTV at the oficial TAR Account!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFcdvppjbrI/  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
A lot of clips of T&T (the country). The cast definitely isn't back to basics as what Phil described earlier. There's still an underlying theme of brains vs. brawns, similar to how they let TAR27's cast of media officials and media-makers slip under the rug and the TAR20 alpha-duo teams.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #748 on: September 22, 2020, 03:13:16 PM »
Start sleuthing on the island of Trinidad. :spy: In the T&T Carnival scene, there is an unidentified arched sign in the background at 0:36. The Jab Jab (blue performer) fire-breathing scene later on also gives away a monumental seating space behind him. Could be unrelated. The clip with the women steelband drummers looks like they also performed inside an industrial-looking building at the same time.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #749 on: September 22, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »
Start sleuthing on the island of Trinidad. :spy: In the T&T Carnival scene, there is an unidentified arched sign in the background at 0:36. The Jab Jab (blue performer) fire-breathing scene later on also gives away a monumental seating space behind him. Could be unrelated.

The arch and Jab Jab are at the Exodus Panyard.