Author Topic: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 420456 times)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Bitch, Moan, Squeal Here! (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #1475 on: June 13, 2019, 10:05:55 PM »
Why are there sooooo many boats this season lol.
We have had 3 consecutive legs with boats  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1476 on: June 13, 2019, 11:22:48 PM »
5 out of 9 Legs involved boats so far lol
Will become 6 out of 10 next week lol

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1477 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:44 AM »
Why are there sooooo many boats this season lol.

Maybe there will be a final memory task about all the boats?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1478 on: June 19, 2019, 09:38:35 AM »
https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/19/amazing-race-31-colin-christie/

Colin and Christie basically invited themselves back for this season, rather than because of the effort of the production team.  :groan:

Seriously, how can the production think of going for the Linz family instead of these two if they want an old-school TAR team  :groan:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1479 on: June 19, 2019, 09:37:08 PM »
Such a shame that a pretty competitive F4 will have one of the most boring finales to date (as it seems from the spoilers...)

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #1480 on: June 19, 2019, 10:20:23 PM »
Such a shame that a pretty competitive F4 will have one of the most boring finales to date (as it seems from the spoilers...)

One reason why this might be the case is if the final task is mental-based since we haven't seen very many mental challenges that mattered for placement this season.

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1481 on: June 20, 2019, 02:40:10 AM »
I really loved this season when it comes to the combination of the locations and the versatility of the tasks. (except for the Japanese leg which was completely TEDIOUS) .

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1482 on: June 20, 2019, 11:57:41 AM »
I really loved this season when it comes to the combination of the locations and the versatility of the tasks. (except for the Japanese leg which was completely TEDIOUS) .
I'm adding the detours from this leg to my list of non-favorite tasks, because did we really need the pole vaulting task a third time? I'm sure there are tons of other options in Amsterdam that don't require vaulting through a muddy ditch.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1483 on: June 20, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »
https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/19/amazing-race-31-colin-christie/

Colin and Christie basically invited themselves back for this season, rather than because of the effort of the production team.  :groan:

Seriously, how can the production think of going for the Linz family instead of these two if they want an old-school TAR team  :groan:

Wait, I never knew about the 2nd part...

I supported the Linzes back in TAR8, but I am so glad that C and C made it instead. Having said that, some of the TAR8 deserve to come back, because we did not get to learn that much about each team member back then.

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1484 on: June 21, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »
Having said that, some of the TAR8 deserve to come back, because we did not get to learn that much about each team member back then.
I'd especially like to see the Gaghan parents return, because that was my favorite team of TAR8, and it's a shame they had to go out on what was a complete needle in the haystack task

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1485 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:48 AM »
The season definitely picked up steam in its last third. The Croatia - Netherlands - England segment was quite tough and were good legs. Happy for the winners! Onward to TAR32!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1486 on: June 27, 2019, 11:06:31 AM »
HEHEHE.

I never thought I’ll say this since TAR 5 aired when I was 14. 15 years later, I’M A COLUN AND CHRISTIE fan and had them picked as winners from the get go.

One of the most deserving winners. Kudos to Tyler and Korey too! Great performance throughout the entire season. <333

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1487 on: June 27, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
JUSTICE HAS BEEN SERVED, 15 YEARS LATER!  :clap2:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1488 on: June 27, 2019, 01:47:05 PM »
By Leg 2 when they showed Colin doing his yoga meditation, and how he's totally in LOVE with Christie, I knew these two would win. No other team even came close to running almost a perfect race as them.

No drama, simply neat and sweet to other teams. Working together with teams, although excluding Nicole and Victor, but that's just part of the race. They didn't create any drama.

What a comeback for these two. I am so glad they didn't win TAR 5, got invited back again for TAR 31 and won. Racing twice around the world, compared to once after winning? Gotta take the second chance option!

Offline herstian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1489 on: June 28, 2019, 12:00:04 AM »
It is obvious that Christie was quite unlikable (to other viewers) during the deciphering message task in Dover Castle but im so happy that they won the season after deep breathin  :cheer: . That was part of a game. Victor & Nicole would have a pretty chance though if they didnt switch detour in Leg 11 but if that happened Colin & Christie would not be part of Final 3. The only person that irritated me quite a bit was bitchy Tyler.  :groan: so glad that they didnt win the race (even though I only like Korey).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:06:27 AM by herstian »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1490 on: June 28, 2019, 02:33:42 AM »
This is the Season where a majority of the Racers in the Top 7, I absolutely loathe. Only 2, I like, Colin & Christie and Leo & Jamal.
I'm glad Colin & Christie won! A fitting win. While I like Korey, I don't like Tyler, the way he acts is just annoying. I cannot stand it.
I hate Nicole, such a whiner, I commend Victor for putting up with her. Becca & Floyd forcing the "Funstoppable" aspect shoving it down our throats is over the top cringeworthy, Chris & Bret, very boring *insert cricket sounds*, they could put fish to sleep and lastly Rachel & Elissa, pot-stirrers, whiners, waterworks and drama extravaganza.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:44:06 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1491 on: June 28, 2019, 08:07:44 AM »
Unpopular opinion: Christie is kind of a weak Racer. I can't remember a time she carried the team or excelled at a task by herself.

Still adore her and Colin though and am very happy they won! Don't remember the last time the winners were this well-received. I would say maybe Amy & Maya BUT there was the controversial F4 twist that left people on the fence.

Offline JohnYiu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1492 on: June 28, 2019, 11:10:02 AM »
gotta love this season, glad c & c won, well deserved!
i've been rooting for them since season 5 (tho most ppl just didnt like them), i liked how competitive colin was, and he was very smart
now they've come back and colin just showed that he is much more mature and not only smart, but also with wisdom this time, its been very impressive run for them. i'm happy!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1493 on: June 28, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
 :cheer: HEY EVERYONE! I have officially returned to normalcy from Athens, Greece and I managed to catch the last few minutes of the finale on my United flight back to Chicago from my connection flight in Newark. The channel wasn't working when I took that television guide picture argh. I haven't seen the rest of the season since the second Switzerland leg so I'm going to be catching it on CBS All Access over the weekend. I was so happy to see these two grace my tiny backseat screen. I slept smilingly on my flight home. (Can't wait to share my Athenian adventures on the Been to... thread very soon!)

The Ox is no longer broken!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 09:06:35 AM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1494 on: June 29, 2019, 11:32:00 AM »
Unpopular opinion: Christie is kind of a weak Racer. I can't remember a time she carried the team or excelled at a task by herself.

As much as I love C and C on both seasons, I really agree with this. Colin pretty much carried the team and he would have done well no matter who his partner is. Christie would have done poorly if she had run with someone else. After all, on each leg where she has completed the RB, her team failed to finish 1st.

Maybe she's better at dealing with administrative items such as flights, which served them well in TAR5, but not in TAR31.

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
« Reply #1495 on: June 29, 2019, 02:22:08 PM »
IMO, C\C wouldn't have done as well at the drum task without Christie calming Colin down when he was getting a little hyper about the angles of the drums.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1496 on: June 29, 2019, 05:18:04 PM »
IMO, C\C wouldn't have done as well at the drum task without Christie calming Colin down when he was getting a little hyper about the angles of the drums.

They would agree with you. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1497 on: June 30, 2019, 02:57:06 PM »
So I watched the episodes I missed this season, and honestly... I am proud how far this season has come, delivered, and a new energy of the race is underway. Overall, it is a highly rated second half of the race and one season that certainly displayed merit on its own.

The second Switzerland leg
: My opinion: I found the U-Turn vote unimpressive. I felt like the purpose of this was just to fill up some time and I got tired of the forced drama pretty quickly. Literally what Rachel Reilly said, "You're just telling us, we're going home." A better execution would have been just like what I saw in the Australian version and kept the votes anonymous. It keeps the action going and the mystery at bay. I'm excited the task designers found out about the traditional way European farmers used to cut grass (scything) since I had it as a dream task on one of my wishlists ages ago. Was hoping they'd have both teammates scythe a half of the grass plot instead of each tackling one component simultaneously. The Roadblock was alright. I just felt like this could have been a Route Info. Wasn't a great leg, but still watchable.

Split, Croatia: I was THRILLED to see authentic airport drama for once! When was the last time a team had voluntarily been put on a standby list for a flight?! First time I had actually begun rooting for Nicole & Victor and they manage to pull another Charla & Mirna-like miracle to outsmart Colin & Christie's edge. :lol: As for the Detour, the task ideas were nice. I just didn't understand what the point of doing it in Croatia was. This could've been done in Miami or Mykonos for all I care. Loved the Roadblock task itself. I just still dislike how people can still help each other with the answers. And I've been loving the pre-Pit Stop tasks like deciding whether or not to take a funicular or run, or in this case, row a dinghy to the mat. Chris & Bret's unfortunate nosedive after leading the pack this episode was heartbreaking to watch, and Leo & Jamal's lovely constant crashing and burning reminded me so much of classic TAR dating couples fighting. The editing was finally clicking and I had the most satisfied smile run across my face in a while for the show.

Kampen, the Netherlands: I have an idea! Let's just copy and paste the entire second leg of TAR12 and build off of it! :funny: Otherwise, the tandem biking, Detour, multiple navigation errors, and intermediate boat train task were super fun to watch and really brought the rigor and attention to detail. Tyler asking a guy on a tractor for directions, teams interacting with and pissing off the Dutch locals at the canals, and Nicole & Victor and Leo & Jamal this entire leg -  I felt like I wasn't watching a current TAR season :lol3:. Speaking of Fun, I was so disheartened to see Becca & Floyd lay victim to another bicycling fiasco... and that ONE EGG. Sigh. The times placements had shifted and confidence had fallen made this THE signature episode of the season. I was jumping up and down through the whole episode and seeing many teams crashing and burning took me back to the troubles TAR teams faced in the more adrenaline-pumping seasons. This episode clearly shows that when editing is well done, it creates an unforgettable episode. Upset I didn't get to experience this episode live on broadcast.

London, England: First of all, I'm glad Tyler & Korey admitted that this season is more challenging than 28. I needed that. And the Dunkirk evacuation-inspired Roadblock is next-level type of stuff, the creative historic-and-cultural tasks I had been craving from the race for a while. The Detour I felt was again one of those boring ones (taxicab tour) vs. the memorable action-packed ones (scull rowing). And the new unexpected pre-Pit Stop tasks (not the H2Hs) I've been loving so much especially since teams are actually interacting with locals more now! :2hearts: This one in particular at the eclectic Camden Market is the best one I've seen and can't wait to see next season if they add onto this new wave of creativity and interactivity I've been seeing.

Detroit, Michigan finale: Before the season started during the live sightings phase, I had fears initially of the Race not bringing attention to the city's bankruptcy and resurgence after GM Motors' dismantlement.... I was underwhelmed after watching the finale. What the heck happened to the Heidelberg Project task we were anticipating and got so many of these eclectic objects displayed at just to see nothing made of it? Such a wasted opportunity. :( I really liked the Guardian Building RB, the drum set setup task and the fowling really brought a local sense of Detroit into the mix, but I was hoping to see a lot more. As for the team dynamics this leg, killer work on the editing! I didn't lose adrenaline throughout this entire finale and this is the type of energy and music editing I want for ALL the episodes in the future. Congrats to Colin & Christie on taking home the million after falling short 15 years ago to Chip & Kim and proving the past doesn't dictate the future!

Surprised to say this after a rocky start, Heads to Heads, lousy beginning editing and all, but TAR31 ranks better than Unfinished Business in my returnees seasons list. Kudos! :tup:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1498 on: June 30, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »
Lovely analysis RachelLeVega as always.

You all need to watch this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQ9B4ngjNa/?igshid=hii33uk42k5w
Best thing I’ve seen all year. The cast really carried this season, period!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1499 on: June 30, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »
Lovely analysis RachelLeVega as always.

You all need to watch this video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQ9B4ngjNa/?igshid=hii33uk42k5w
Best thing I’ve seen all year. The cast really carried this season, period!
Was that an after-race reunion? :lol: I was caught off-guard all of a sudden seeing Britney pop out of nowhere.