Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 583838 times)

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2925 on: April 21, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
Do you guys think the pictures of Corinne & Eliza falling out of the boats is the reported task involving boats on the Mekong in Laos or a Basket Boats switchback in Vietnam?
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2926 on: April 21, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
Also, on the timeline it says the fishing task is in Leg 4 but I’m pretty sure it’s Leg 3 because the title is “Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy”

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2927 on: April 21, 2019, 12:16:41 PM »
Do you guys think the pictures of Corinne & Eliza falling out of the boats is the reported task involving boats on the Mekong in Laos or a Basket Boats switchback in Vietnam?

Eliza is wearing a purple shirt in the Laos preview and a pink shirt in the basket boat clip, so it can't be Laos. Basket boats is most likely Vietnam.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2928 on: April 21, 2019, 05:37:23 PM »
While it is called Extreme RB...I think it may mean that BOTH racers have to do it... 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2929 on: April 21, 2019, 09:17:46 PM »

Eliza is wearing a purple shirt in the Laos preview and a pink shirt in the basket boat clip, so it can't be Laos. Basket boats is most likely Vietnam.
Could it be a modified Switchback to TAR3? Similar to how they did a modified Switchback for the basket bikes as well. (Detour > Road Block instead)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2930 on: April 21, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »
In the caps 6-7 where was Corinne and Eliza at?
Approx here; probably looking for the footpath to Phuosi.

If Mt. Phousi was the pitstop and the Corinne and Eliza blocking the tuk-tuk scene was while they were looking for Phousi, because Rupert/Laura and the Afghanimals were in the tuk-tuk, that would mean that the Afghanimals are at the bottom of the pack and almost eliminated in this upcoming episode. Maybe they were the ones u-turned after all :spy:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 10:15:24 PM by Jro »

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2931 on: April 21, 2019, 10:13:19 PM »

If Mt. Phousi was the pitstop and the Corinne and Eliza blocking the tuk-tuk scene was while they were looking for Phousi, because Rupert/Laura and the Afghanimals were in the tuk-tuk, that would mean that the Afghanimals are at the bottom of the pack and almost eliminated in this upcoming episode. Maybe they were the ones u-turned after all :spy:

They're running northeast and are well past the footpath to Phousi. My guess is that they're running towards Wat Sensoukharam, where they'll encounter an HoO and have to participate in the morning alms.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2932 on: April 21, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »

They're running northeast and are well past the footpath to Phousi. My guess is that they're running towards Wat Sensoukharam, where they'll encounter an HoO and have to participate in the morning alms.

Ah, good point

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2933 on: April 22, 2019, 05:53:44 AM »
Also, on the timeline it says the fishing task is in Leg 4 but I’m pretty sure it’s Leg 3 because the title is “Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy”

Possibly, can't be sure. We'll sort it out when we get the promo for next week showing whats in the first Vietnam leg. But I'm pretty sure timing wise, our night leg is first as leg 3 and the day one is leg 4.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2934 on: April 23, 2019, 12:42:38 AM »
So, Tyler & Korey are either U-Turned or switch Detours because there is a clip of them at the alphabet task but the press photos show them at the cooking task

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2935 on: April 25, 2019, 09:38:05 AM »
Rachel and Elissa using the u-turn along with CBS including Brit/Janelle, Corinne/Eliza, and (of course) Becca/Floyd in their finish mat/post leg interviews on YouTube saying that they don't really trust the Reilly sisters almost confirms to me that the Reilly sisters are getting u-turn voted out of the game in Switzerland, though that was the popular thought already anyway lol. Granted, Brit/Janelle and Corinne/Eliza are going to be out of the game by the time the U-turn vote happens, but there was probably a reason for those parts being edited in (or I'm reading too much into it, but they're definitely setting up a distaste among the cast for the Reilly sisters).

Edit: Didn't want to make a separate post for this because I don't want to clog the thread, but also, since we know Leo and Jamal won leg 11, if they win 6 of the next 8 legs (or 5 of 8 and make a miraculous comeback in the finale), they break the record for most leg wins.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:53:37 AM by Jro »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2936 on: April 26, 2019, 05:22:55 AM »
removed
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:15:01 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2937 on: April 27, 2019, 04:45:42 PM »
The Vietnamese tasks not shown for the upcoming episode, i.e. meant for Leg 4 include basket-boats and motorcycles, both of which looked like some place outside HCMC.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2938 on: April 28, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »
The Vietnamese tasks not shown for the upcoming episode, i.e. meant for Leg 4 include basket-boats and motorcycles, both of which looked like some place outside HCMC.

Which would confirm that Leg 3 is the Non-elim (or KOR, I suppose) and leg 4 is where Corinne and Eliza go bye bye.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2939 on: April 28, 2019, 03:13:57 AM »
removed
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 08:15:36 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2940 on: April 28, 2019, 08:13:17 AM »
This is TAR 31. There are to be NO TAR 32 spoilers here. Deleted.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2941 on: May 01, 2019, 10:32:36 AM »
I'm not sure whether this tweet should be in live sightings or here, but by this point, it's not really a "live" sighting. It's a thank you from a dance group that helped in one of the Vietnam legs in TAR 31. I assume they are from Vietnam and not from northern Minnesota.  :)x

218 Dance Crew @218DanceCrew
Chân thành cảm ơn chương tŕnh The Amazing Race đă gửi lời mời đến #218DanceCrew để nhóm cơ hội đồng hành cùng các đội đua, giúp họ t́m hiểu, khám phá và trải nghiệm những điệu nhảy thú vị kết... https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2271712513050158&id=1424301591124592

Translated from Vietnamese by Microsoft
Sincerely thank The Amazing Race for sending invitations to #218DanceCrew groups of companion opportunities with racing teams, help them learn, discover and experience the exciting dance...

4:51 AM - 30 Apr 2019

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2942 on: May 01, 2019, 10:47:28 AM »
I'm not sure whether this tweet should be in live sightings or here, but by this point, it's not really a "live" sighting. It's a thank you from a dance group that helped in one of the Vietnam legs in TAR 31. I assume they are from Vietnam and not from northern Minnesota.  :)x

218 Dance Crew @218DanceCrew
Chân thành cảm ơn chương tŕnh The Amazing Race đă gửi lời mời đến #218DanceCrew để nhóm cơ hội đồng hành cùng các đội đua, giúp họ t́m hiểu, khám phá và trải nghiệm những điệu nhảy thú vị kết... https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2271712513050158&id=1424301591124592

Translated from Vietnamese by Microsoft
Sincerely thank The Amazing Race for sending invitations to #218DanceCrew groups of companion opportunities with racing teams, help them learn, discover and experience the exciting dance...

4:51 AM - 30 Apr 2019

Good find. It's the dance crew from the dance detour in tonight's episode. It looks like every team except Tyler/Korey and Corinne/Eliza chose the dance detour, so that dance crew is gonna be featured a decent amount.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:50:56 AM by Jro »

Offline spoilersplease

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2943 on: May 01, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
Any guesses of who wins roadblock/detours/leg tonight?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2944 on: May 01, 2019, 06:58:42 PM »
Any guesses of who wins roadblock/detours/leg tonight?
You can read the LIVE spoilers and the TIMELINE for all that.

:welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2945 on: May 01, 2019, 09:03:46 PM »
With this Afghanimal flop leg, the likely (?) winners of the race, Colin and Christie, now have the best finish average through 3 legs: 3.00

Nicole and Victor & Leo and Jamal close behind at 3.33.

Go back a little and you get Tyler and Korey & Rachel and Elissa next tied with 4.67

Early results are pretty indicative of the final 4. On a side note though, I have absolutely no idea how Chris and Bret sneak into the top 6, so that will be interesting to watch.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:13:30 PM by Jro »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2946 on: May 01, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »
With this Afghanimal flop leg, the likely (?) winners of the race, Colin and Christie, now have the best finish average through 3 legs: 3.00

Go back a little and you get Tyler and Korey & Rachel and Elissa next tied with 4.67

Early results are pretty indicative of the final 4. On a side note though, I have absolutely no idea how Chris and Bret sneak into the top 6, so that will be interesting to watch.

We have clear front runners already after 3 episodes.
Whereas Corinne & Eliza, Janelle & Brittney and obviously Chris & Bret are falling behind.

The situation looks like season 28 all over again.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2947 on: May 01, 2019, 09:24:40 PM »
I would say Corinne & Eliza have been adjusting well. They would've had a Top 3 finish in Leg 2 if it weren't for their slow tuk tuk.

But yeah, Chris & Bret sneak into the Top 6 because the F/F teams start flopping hard. It'll be interesting to see if they dominate any legs like Nicole & Victor have gradually been doing.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2948 on: May 01, 2019, 09:29:54 PM »
But yeah, Chris & Bret sneak into the Top 6 because the F/F teams start flopping hard. It'll be interesting to see if they dominate any legs like Nicole & Victor have gradually been doing.

I vaguely remember seeing a live sighting post back during filming in Dubai that said that Chris and Bret were in first at some point during the leg and thinking to myself "Wow, they might actually be a strong team" lol. So with that said, I guess it's possible that they jump ahead in a leg.

Whereas Corinne & Eliza, Janelle & Brittney and obviously Chris & Bret are falling behind.

The difference between this season and season 28 though is that one of the consistent back of the pack teams snuck into the final 3 and finished 2nd in S28. Nobody really sneaks up this season unless you consider Chris & Bret going to the top 6 as sneaking up. The top 4 teams in average right now legit make up the final 4 (Give Tyler and Korey tiebreaker over Rachel and Elissa for this scenario lol). Also, 5 of the top 6 teams in terms of average right now make up the top 5, and the one remaining team likely gets/got u-turned out of the race.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:00:15 PM by Jro »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2949 on: May 01, 2019, 09:46:03 PM »

More significantly, Colin and Christie are the only team that hasn’t had a leg finish below 4th after 3 legs. And except for Tyler and Corey all the teams have evenly spilt roadblocks.
-- theschnauzers