Author Topic: TAR 30 Contestant **SPOILERS**  (Read 73457 times)

Offline lulachristine

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30 Contestant **SPOILERS**
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2017, 12:46:21 PM »
I see you're new here lulachristine, but sharing postings by people involving with production and CBS is discouraged here. It could get them in a lot of trouble.

Oh sorry!! I did read that just didn’t think about that when I posted!! Side note: Does that mean no CBS employees as I assumed she wasn’t amazing race production since she said she helped? And does my post need to be deleted?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2017, 01:12:04 PM »
I looked at Tara's instagram account. She's apparently not Tara Lipinski the figure skater. She appears to be from the New York City area so I have my doubts she's with production (unless she's somehow attached to the race team from CBS headquarters). She's been in Iceland for at least 3 days and has posted several touristy pictures. She's visited a number of places (from the labels on pictures):

Cafe Babalu
A gnome statue in front of shop
Reykjavik Punk Rock Museum.
The Secret Lagoon (swimming there)
Hiking at Hveragerdi (mountain, maybe towards a glacier?)
Gullfoss Waterfall
Geysir Arnessysla Iceland
Geothermal Park Hveragerôi Island

Visiting all those places in 2-3 days that apparently weren't used during the leg makes me think it's a vacation and not a working trip. It is quite the coincidence that a CBS employee ends up at a TAR location though.

If she is with production, then one or two of the locations above might end up being used in the leg.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:16:07 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2017, 02:45:19 PM »
I see you're new here lulachristine, but sharing postings by people involving with production and CBS is discouraged here. It could get them in a lot of trouble.

Oh sorry!! I did read that just didn’t think about that when I posted!! Side note: Does that mean no CBS employees as I assumed she wasn’t amazing race production since she said she helped? And does my post need to be deleted?

No you are perfectly fine, and many thanks for sharing! She does not work for TAR production so all is good. Although I do believe TARA the figure skater has done CBS skating broadcasts... so not sure if she is the same one or not. Can't rule out her being a clue-giver-out'er.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:03:08 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2017, 03:49:54 PM »
I don't know if this was posted but looks like the twins are Eric and Daniel Guiffreda. So they are paramedics with the Gonzales Fire Department – trained healthcare professionals who provide emergency first aid to fire and disaster victims.
This is the article about them: http://www.batonrougechristianlifemagazine.com/brotherly-love/
IMG_7026" border="0

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »
Haha, just found this as well, bottle! Been typing up a short bio before you posted. ;D

Eric and Daniel Guiffreda, aged 32, are firefighters originally from Ponchatoula, Louisiana.
They both joined the U.S. Marines after high school. Their active duty ended in 2005 and included deployments to Iraq.
Upon returning, Daniel received his training in St. Angelo, Texas, and Eric trained at LSU Fire & Emergencey Training Institute.
Today they are both married with young children, they are paramedics with the Gonzales Fire Department.
In addition to this, they are both Christian chaplains.

Credit: http://www.batonrougechristianlifemagazine.com/brotherly-love/ (read for more info)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2017, 03:59:50 PM »
Just was listening to Phil say their names. Good job guys!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2017, 04:01:59 PM »
Wonder if this IS the TARA Lipinski and she is a clue giver out-er this time?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2017, 05:59:34 PM »
Wonder if this IS the TARA Lipinski and she is a clue giver out-er this time?? ???
I don't think so. Here is the skater's IG: https://www.instagram.com/taralipinski/?hl=en

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »
Okay, Let's summarize. I think we have everyone right??

Feel free to correct any errors...

I have backpack pics will add those in later.

1-  Alex Rossi/Conor Daly (M/M) Indy 500 Winners (Blue)

2-  Lucas Bocanegra/Brittany Austin (M/F) LifeGuard Couple (Lime Green)

3-  April Gould/Sarah Williams (F/F) (Bright Blue)

4-  Shawn Marion/Cedric Ceballos(M/M) NBA Stars (??Purple??)

5-  Cody Nickson/Jessica Graf(M/F) Big Brother Couple (Khaki Green)

6-  Trevor Wadleigh/Christopher Marchant (M/M) Violinists with WellStrung (Black)

7-  Henry Zhang/Evan Lynyak(M/F) Yale National Debate Champs-Couple (??)

8- Jen Hudak/Kristi Leskinen  (F/F) National Ski Champs (Pink)

9-  Eric/Daniel Guiffreda (M/M) Twin Firefighter EMT's (??)

10- Kayla Fitzgerald and Dessie Mitcheson (F/F) "Ring Girls" (Red)

11- Joey Chestnut/Tim Janus (M/M)  National Eating Champs (Kelly Green)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 10:16:32 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TeamBB

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »
Hey everyone,  I put this list together so it may be easier.  Now that we know everyones names.

Offline ShelbysHat

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »
Skiers are Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
Hang on, I think I made a mistake...Let me relisten to Phil.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2017, 08:39:54 PM »
To compare:

Kristi Leskinen

Jen Hudak

]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:47:14 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »
I would only add that from certain posts's on Evan's Instagram account her and Henry appear to be a dating couple in addition to debate teammates

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »
Skiers are Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak.

:hiya :welcome2: to the R.F.F., ShelbysHat !
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2017, 10:35:02 PM »
I followed BB19 quite closely so I thought I would share my opinion/summary on Jess and Cody for TAR fans who aren't familiar with them. I liked Jess initially but hated Cody because he seemed like a cocky jerk. Cody won power the first week and had to nominate 5 different HGs instead of the normal 2 or 3 because of people quitting and others winning safety. Cody tried to evict the returning HG who eventually made final 2 but this HG had secret safety. Cody didn't tell anybody in his alliance he was targeting the vet HG not even Jess which was stupid and alienated him from the entire house. Despite being blindsided Jess stayed loyal to him which was admirable and they became outcasts as the veteran HG turned everyone against them. Cody left the next week but eventually battle his way back into the house a few weeks later. Once Cody returned they were the underdogs against the entire house, Jessica won power from america and power(HOH) but they didn't use their power well so they were both evicted consecutively a few weeks later Cody in jury and Jessica pre-jury.

Cody became a fan favourite IMO because 1. He was a great competitor 2. He had a certain authenticity that we normally don't see on reality TV because everybody wants to be famous 3. He is very blunt/direct and had tons of funny one liners 4. People connected with him more after hearing him say he isn't really close with anyone not even his family during a fight with Jess, when he talked about his daughter and seeing him cry after a special power used by another HG stripped him of the opportunity to save Jess the week she left.

Jess became a fan favourite IMO because 1. She was tremendously loyal to Cody 2. She had some great speeches (especially her eviction speech) 3. They were under dogs 4. She told all of her fans to vote Cody for America's Favourite Houseguest which was selfless 5. She had a signature bad-ass moment in my opinion when she argued by herself against the house (look it up on Youtube the show doesn't do it justice)

In terms of controversy Cody has made some ignorant comments about trans people that have made some bb fans hate him and furious he is a fan favorite/on TAR. Me and most other Jess and Cody fans don't agree with his comments and hope he can become more educated on the subject. I saw his comments being more out of ignorance and indifference than being malicious but I understand and can respect others view it differently. Some BB fans also like to label him as a racist for going to the Ferguson riots for fun but it seems to me like that is more this weird desire to put himself in danger than anything to do with race.

Jessica generally just gets hate because a few times she attacked other HGs personally which is never good. Although all the other HGs are guilty of this as well and most continued to unnecessarily hate on Jessica and Cody long after they had left the house.

Also when it came to drama in the house most of the fights Jess and Cody had were reactive fights where they were defending each other or had asked several times for space/to leave them alone but the other HG or HGs continued to antagonise them.

I'm hopeful Jessica and Cody will do well on the amazing race. Cody should be a good overall competitor physically and mentally while Jessica is more of a wildcard. She should be good physically from doing hot yoga and running but when it comes to amazing race tasks I'm not sure so we will have to see. Socially Cody is more of a wildcard while Jessica should be strong. Something interesting Cody said in the house that seems perfect for the amazing race was that on his resume he puts "able to quickly learn new tasks and perform them with little to no mistakes" and that always helps him get jobs.                     

I hope this helps you guys understand them better and that you guys give them a chance/form your own opinions of them on TAR30 :)   

Thank you so much!! I was hoping a live feeder would do us an update, this helps. Looking forward to seeing them in action!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »
About the girls:

Kristi is 36 years old, from Hoopwood, Pennsylvania, although she's currently living in Mammoth Lakes, California. She's a freestyle skier and model. She won a silver medal in the Halfpipe competition at the 2005 FIS FIS Freestyle World Ski Championships held in Finland and a bronze medal in the Superpipe competition in the 2005 X Games.

Jen is 31 years old, from Handen, Connecticut, but is currently living in Salt Lake City, Utah. She's a freestyle skier. More from her website: "Jen is now a 5 time X-Game medalist, winning 2 golds in X-Games in 2010 alone. She has won nearly every competition there is: X-Games, US Open, World Ski Invitational, Dew Tour, and US Nationals, to name a few."
She's studying Psychology and Business at the University of Utah. 

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2017, 11:50:29 PM »
The twin brothers are Eric & Daniel Guiffreda

Link to an article: http://www.batonrougechristianlifemagazine.com/brotherly-love/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »
Already posted above. But thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2017, 08:27:25 AM »
I don't think so. Here is the skater's IG: https://www.instagram.com/taralipinski/?hl=en

Tara Lipinski works for NBC Sports covering the Olympics and the Kentucky Derby, so she probably wouldn't be allowed to appear on a CBS show. Yes, she covers the Kentucky Derby which boggled my mind the first time I saw it. She and fellow figure skater Johnny Weir do reports on the fancy hats and clothing people are wearing that day at Churchill Downs.

Also, the woman yesterday spells her last name as Lipinsky with a y. She doesn't quite look the same as the figure skater.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »
It was not only the Goat Yoga Moms, April Gould & Sarah Williams that competed on American Ninja Warrior. 1/2 of the Indy 500 Race Car Drivers, Conor Daly also competed.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2017, 09:10:58 AM »
Hey y'all...

Everybody is spelling Evan's last name wrong.

I double checked on google.

The debater team is

Henry Zhang & Evan Lynyak.

NOT LYNACK. IT'S LYNYAK.

Just a heads up and please correct in your posts. Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:28:08 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2017, 10:21:38 AM »
Thanks Will! I fixed most of them in this thread I think.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2017, 10:28:27 AM »
Thanks Will! I fixed most of them in this thread I think.

You're welcome. Make sure Oval corrects it in the timeline thread.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2017, 06:21:06 AM »
Good pickup, thanks Will! Fixed