Author Topic: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)  (Read 50391 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2016, 09:25:21 PM »
So 4 teams going to Atlanta. Has to be a NEL.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2016, 09:27:22 PM »
Loved that Universal Studios task! :D

This was a great Leg. Maybe the best LA Leg of any TAR I've seen hehe
It made me miss Jin Xing and Hans though. If only just to see them be Bill and Rose and be cowboy action stars.

give me full lay of leg

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2016, 01:54:28 AM »
It made me miss Jin Xing and Hans though. If only just to see them be Bill and Rose and be cowboy action stars.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

You guys know the drill. Thanks!

And this is the new Face Off name that I need.

ZBC Company, just wait another day or so and our wiki will have all the information you could ever want.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline shiningsoul

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:40 AM »

You took the words right out of my mouth.

You guys know the drill. Thanks!

And this is the new Face Off name that I need.

ZBC Company, just wait another day or so and our wiki will have all the information you could ever want.
谁想心跳”好莱坞“? Who wants to feel the heartbeat of Hollywood? (According to Vanness & Melody)
中场 Mid Court
全场 Full Court
对抗

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2016, 03:04:07 AM »
give me full lay of leg

I loved every part of this Leg.

The waterbikes were a fine start to the Leg. The Oscar Lego task was a great excuse to be in front of Dolby Theater.

But the bungee/clue grabbing Road Block.  WOW!  That might have been the most difficult bungee jump task I've ever seen on TAR.  Certainly more difficult than any of the other "jump and grab" tasks.  The ladder was definitely a big part of what made the task so hard.  It was so unstable, their teammates and even crew had to hold the ladder steady just so they could make it up.  Plus, they had to grab two halves.   And teams failed several times!  Amazing.

Then the Universal Studios task. I guess hearing them say English lines is amusing, but it really was a very cool and fun task.  And even with no Jin Xing and Hans, the teams were able to really provide lots of entertainment with the task.  I included a Universal Studios task on one of my TARPH fantasy Leg thingies, thinking it would be impossible for any TAR to actually do such a task.  And on the Universal Studios backlot.  But TAR China did it.  And it was awesome.

The Detour was simple, but good.  There's definitely been a lot of dancing this season, but it fit with the Leg and location.  The skills side of the Detour was also the type of task that could've easily been an Active Route Info task this season too.

And YAY to self-driving in Los Angeles.  Could've been even more fun with no GPS though lol

Seriously, I've been enjoying this season of TAR China so much.  Maybe my favorite non-Australian international TAR season ever.  Great teams, great tasks, great Legs, great episodes.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:37:06 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2016, 04:29:59 AM »
Thanks for your help!

Need Zhang Sifan's hometown if at all possible.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2016, 02:32:38 PM »
Nice, they went to Bronson Caves, I see on the wiki.

That's where the stock Batcave exit from the 60's Batman was filmed.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2016, 01:23:05 PM »
As expected, Non-Elimination :)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »
Thanks for your help!

Need Zhang Sifan's hometown if at all possible.

According to http://m.ijq.tv/mingxing/2768.html , he is from Beijing.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »
谁想心跳”好莱坞“? Who wants to feel the heartbeat of Hollywood? (According to Vanness & Melody)
中场 Mid Court
全场 Full Court
对抗

That could also be Half-Game (Half-Time) and Full Game (instead of court)
That seems the way they were being used, with Cheerleaders as a half-time attraction.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:22:20 PM by NumfarPTB »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2016, 06:32:11 PM »
Really fun Atlanta leg.

Peach, how hot was that day? It looked hot.

Was almost expecting another leg with many repeated tasks from TAR US, but happy to learn that it was not the case.

That first route marker should be shown to westerners, not every Asian is good at math.

So happy for the team that won, they ran a perfect leg this time around.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2016, 06:40:37 PM »
So one of the tasks next leg in Mexico is 28's Mariachi Madness Detour.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2016, 01:13:12 AM »
Yo, yo!

I need the names of the Detour, as usual, but underneath is the location of the Graffiti Detour and I need that as well. Thanks!

Oh, and also, was there a limit on how many rounds the teams could have to get 100 points in Archery, or could they do as many rounds as they wanted?

BY THE WAY... What was with the random Doctor Who theme song after Liu & Xu completed the airplane task? Completely random. I thought I was going crazy, or I had left some other video file running...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 01:16:57 AM by GB »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2016, 04:22:34 AM »
It was a horrible hot day... broiling and very humid.

I wet to all the sites except the monster truck, I'll get you the addresses. The pub is my neighborhood.

There was finale drama, not sure it was mentioned? Would love to know if it was. Teams were give two ways to the top...was that explained?

More later, I have pics too. Was such  fun day!! Lots of stories!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline shiningsoul

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2016, 06:31:31 AM »
Yo, yo!

I need the names of the Detour, as usual, but underneath is the location of the Graffiti Detour and I need that as well. Thanks!

Oh, and also, was there a limit on how many rounds the teams could have to get 100 points in Archery, or could they do as many rounds as they wanted?

BY THE WAY... What was with the random Doctor Who theme song after Liu & Xu completed the airplane task? Completely random. I thought I was going crazy, or I had left some other video file running...
色彩Colors
节拍 Beat
艾布拉姆斯=Abrams (In Chinese, Ai Bu La Mu Si), 公司=Company, 大楼= Building/Tower, so Adrams Fixture Corporation Building (565 Northside Drive SW, Atlanta, GA)??
RB: 2 rounds. Each member has 6 arrows and the total time limit is 4 mins.

BTW,  the show had said that the Stone Mountain is the eighth wonder of the world, is it true? I can't find any information about it on the official website.
And why the lady told to Team Liu Xiang that they might not be allowed to climb the mountain?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:33:43 AM by shiningsoul »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »

Not just Doctor Who, haven't you notice they've mostly been using Movie or TV score as their BGM, this season which have already included riffs from Pacific Rim (Ramin Djawadi), Marvel's The Avengers (Alan Silvestri), Now You See Me (Brian Tyler), Kingsman: The Secret Service (Henry Jackman), Pirates of the Caribbean (Hans Zimmer or Klaus Badelt) (one of them), among others which I can't really recall right now. 

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »

Not just Doctor Who, haven't you notice they've mostly been using Movie or TV score as their BGM, this season which have already included riffs from Pacific Rim (Ramin Djawadi), Marvel's The Avengers (Alan Silvestri), Now You See Me (Brian Tyler), Kingsman: The Secret Service (Henry Jackman), Pirates of the Caribbean (Hans Zimmer or Klaus Badelt) (one of them), among others which I can't really recall right now.

Pirates is an upbeat and exciting theme. Doctor Who just sounds totally random XD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:32:59 PM by GB »

Offline shiningsoul

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »

This is the common practice in Chinese variety shows/ Reality tv shows, not just TAR China.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2016, 02:50:56 AM »
Greetings everyone! Live from Mexico (and not Canada, which was RIGHT THERE I MEAN COME ON), we are down to our final three teams.

Here's the usual. The two Roadblock prompts, as well as the name of the market where the eating task took place.

Also, I believe that Team Melody's penalty was because they moved too far apart from one another, but can someone just confirm that?

Thanks! One leg to go!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2016, 03:45:23 AM »
Even with only 4 teams, this was a much better Mexico City Leg than TAR28's  :hearts:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2016, 02:39:21 AM »
Some teams really watch the original TAR US before they came on this version  :ascared
Guo Jingjing & Huo Qigang can even correctly stated the high-sky dancing was a fast-forward in TAR US, which was held on Season 3, 14 years ago  :ascared

Never expected teams to be able to do so  :luvya:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2016, 11:35:38 AM »
Yeah. So many "Switchbacks" this season.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2016, 08:04:09 AM »
Some teams really watch the original TAR US before they came on this version
Guo Jingjing & Huo Qigang can even correctly stated the high-sky dancing was a fast-forward in TAR US, which was held on Season 3, 14 years ago
Never expected teams to be able to do so

Was already rooting for Kenneth/Jingjing for hometown reasons, but this proves I pick my favourites right!

Kenneth: I think this was just a Speed Bump in the American version.
Jingjing: *Fast Forward.
Kenneth: Fast Forward?! (to camera) How come it's a Roadblock now when the Americans only had it as a Fast Forward?!

谁能身轻如燕? Who can float like a butterfly?
谁想跟仙人掌跳舞? Who wants to dance with the cactuses?
圣胡安广场 Plaza (actually Mercado) San Juan
Yep, the penalty was Melody and Vanness being too far from each other (juxtaposed with other teams saying they had to stay close).

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »
What a great finish (with my favorite team already out, my second favorite one got to bag this one.  :conf:), with S4 announced at the end of it and an after the race special announced for next week.

Just a quick edit to add the the After the Race which is already taped was hoated hy Jin Xing.

I loved that the Memory Task wasn't just a simple switchback, there was an awesome level of added difficulty on it, that wasn't on the original version.
I took some notes while watching, GB will still need help with the task titles, but here are all the locations:

- Praia de Copacabana - Start of the Leg
- Bairro do Vidigal - Barbecue Challenge RI
- Praia de Ipanema - TAR27 switchback with the FutiVolei RI (that's how we write it down here, in case you're wondering, should it be FootVoley?? in English) Task
- Praia Vermelha - That was a switchback also, wasn't it? Water Ski RB, just can't remember what season.
- Escadaria Selaron (+ streets of Lapa) - Let's Samba RI
- Praia do Flamengo - Memory Task and Finish Line
-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:49:45 PM by NumfarPTB »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2016, 05:15:41 PM »
What was the memory task about?