Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 11 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 26247 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 28 Ep 11 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2016, 08:15:04 AM »

I didn't really have any thoughts about this leg posted because I was updating a bit haphazardly today and had to rewatch the episode to get what I missed... :lol:

Sorry everyone.

But basically, I really enjoyed the leg! It's kinda funny how some of the legs in the late-game, despite the route not being as good as the first half, ended up even better designed than the first few legs we did have.

The Detour was amazing, the Roadblock was fun (but arguably not Chinese... could have worked as a good Finale memory task IMO), and despite some location issues (a clue at the airport and a Library as a Pit Stop? Really?), this was probably my favorite Final Four leg (best since Northern Ireland on TAR22) despite the awful elimination lol.

Sheri & Cole are just <33333333

I have never been a big fan of Burnie & Ashley but this leg and beginning Indonesia, I understood all the love and I'll actually miss them now :lol: </3

Dana & Matt were pretty stank this ep. I didn't like Dana being evil because Dana has been fun-to-hate evil (Dubai is a shining example) but this wasn't it lol.

Tyler & Korey..... eh. The less said the better.

Can't wait for the finale, hopefully it's well-designed! :tup:

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2016, 08:20:13 AM »
a clue at the airport and a Library as a Pit Stop? Really?
My thoughts exactly!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »
Very possible this leg was a last minute change.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2016, 08:52:07 AM »

If that was the case, I'm glad the roadblock and the detour were amazing!

Offline mildwall

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2016, 09:25:32 AM »

Actually not.
A person who designed this leg told me they started to prepared this leg in late November.
I personally think the weird locations may be relevant to the Shenzhen Marathon held in that day. The designer may not notice marathon location in advance and change the pitstop in the last minute.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2016, 09:42:38 AM »
Oh thank you!! There were some concerns about this at the time based on production stuff. Glad to hear it!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
I just realized there was no prize on this leg :o

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »
I loved this leg  :luvya: :luvya: Probably the best penultimate leg since season.... i don't know :D
The roadblock was cool, i'd love to do that challenge. The detour was good. But the best part was the tension and drama between Burnie & Tyler/Dana. And the editing was awesome especially when the 3rd team arrive at the mat, but so sad Burnie and Ashley eliminated  :(

Why does everyone hate Tyler & Korey!

I mean they might not be your type which is fine but the hate towards them is a bit un called for, they deserve to be there as much as the others. And the laugh, seriously... It's his laugh

+1

I also don't understand the hate. i mean, they proved themselves to be strong competitor. Before this season started, i honestly thought they would be eliminated before the 5th leg, but they surprised me winning many legs and now they are in the F3. And about the laugh, i think it's just the way he laugh. Maybe many people don't like him, but he's not annoying like Joey or Justin  :funny:

I don't mind who will win, but based on the edit, there's no way Matt and Dana win. Brain: Tyler & Korey, but my heart said Sheri & Cole will win it  :)

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2016, 10:49:54 AM »
More like they're annoying af.

That's interesting, we're going back to the juvenile excuse of I don't like the voice over a positive, energetic team who play a strong and smart race.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

That's interesting, we're going back to the juvenile excuse of I don't like the voice over a positive, energetic team who play a strong and smart race.

Well glamazon dude make a reference to their voice he just said they were annoying TBH.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2016, 11:04:10 AM »

Well glamazon dude make a reference to their voice he just said they were annoying TBH.

I'm perfectly fine with other opinions of how people view the teams, you can like them or not. In all honesty though, I just don't believe finding a particular team annoying should be a reason to dislike them, unless they do something detrimental to other teams or anything penalty inducing/getting an unfair advantage. If it's just a team that bothers one, it would seem better to be neutral in that regard.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »

Actually not.
A person who designed this leg told me they started to prepared this leg in late November.
I personally think the weird locations may be relevant to the Shenzhen Marathon held in that day. The designer may not notice marathon location in advance and change the pitstop in the last minute.

That brought me to an interesting question, where was the originally planned Pit Stop? :o
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2016, 01:32:51 PM »
Okay, the editors totally discounted the presence of Matt and Dana because their appearance in the finale preview is like non-existent.

Other than that, I think they're trying to push for a "YAY LET'S WATCH THE FINALE FOR A SHERI AND COLE WIN" but totally it is Tyler and Korey winning -_-

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2016, 02:21:01 PM »
If Tyler & Korey were really the winners, why were they worried about hurrying up? Seemed like an implication they were behind.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2016, 02:37:08 PM »

I'm perfectly fine with other opinions of how people view the teams, you can like them or not. In all honesty though, I just don't believe finding a particular team annoying should be a reason to dislike them, unless they do something detrimental to other teams or anything penalty inducing/getting an unfair advantage. If it's just a team that bothers one, it would seem better to be neutral in that regard.

You contradict yourself in this. Finding a team annoying is probably the most legitimate reason to dislike them

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »

You contradict yourself in this. Finding a team annoying is probably the most legitimate reason to dislike them

From a biased perspective? Of course. And nah, didn't contradict myself, but thanks for trying.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »
They didn't annoy me. It's just neutral though.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2016, 09:57:01 PM »
well personally I don't get hate over Tyler/Korey... but I kinda annoyed that the production centered them in whole leg and they got most of the screentime like wtf seem they are entertaining and rests are not :res:...

but over that bitching, I (really do) admit they are most strategic and smart team this season and kinda aadditional value to them... criticizing them for being evil (especially in last leg) is normal... but as long as not breaking the rules I think it's fine (it's straregy though rather than personal hate imo)
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2016, 01:29:05 AM »
I find Tyler & Korey's villainy to Burnie & Ashley dislikable, but they are overall a very entertaining team. I have mixed opinions for this team, so I wouldn't mind seeing them race again, but I do not want them to win.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2016, 02:16:41 AM »
This season has one of the best F7 ever. <333

Every team is memorable in their own ways. The only team who got cut and forgotten by the edit is probably only Zach and Rachel. :(

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2016, 03:16:44 AM »
This season has one of the best F7 ever. <333

Every team is memorable in their own ways. The only team who got cut and forgotten by the edit is probably only Zach and Rachel. :(

indeed tbh :(

Zach and rachel actually one of the most fun team this season and my favorite but less screentime and editing made they were little forgotten by fans
what might have been

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2016, 11:35:43 PM »
The odds are for Tyler & Korey winning. Matt & Dana will probably get a close second or a distant third. Since the leg looks very physical, I think Sheri & Cole might stand a chance of at least beating Matt & Dana. The one thing that might propel Sheri & Cole to first is if the other teams get frustrated and melt down or panic.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2016, 05:27:02 AM »
Do we know the time difference between S/C and B/A?
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline mildwall

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:38 AM »
Do we know the time difference between S/C and B/A?

five minutes :(

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2016, 09:16:25 AM »
Sheri and Cole were really lucky to hear the music from the pit-stop then! If they had passed it at first, it's almost guaranteed Burnie & Ashley would've checked in 3rd.