Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 5 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *read Post 1*  (Read 19842 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
is #TeamTylerAndKorey trending worldwide? cuz i think it is

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And one team lost their clue into the mountain abyss. :lol: :o

It's Freddy & Kendra happening over all again.
Will Burnie & Ashley receive a penalty for taking two clues though??

I wonder if a penalty will be applied. ???
I also wonder how many extra clues they have. ???

Yeah strange a penalty was not applied, do we know what the rules say about taking another clue? If Burnie and Ashley got a 30 minute penality it potentially could have saved Erin & Joslyn.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
And one team lost their clue into the mountain abyss. :lol: :o

It's Freddy & Kendra happening over all again.
Will Burnie & Ashley receive a penalty for taking two clues though??

I wonder if a penalty will be applied. ???
I also wonder how many extra clues they have. ???

Yeah strange a penalty was not applied, do we know what the rules say about taking another clue? If Burnie and Ashley got a 30 minute penality it potentially could have saved Erin & Joslyn.

It's not like you just take another clue from the clue box. They had to do the task again and lost time.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

*sighs* What an episode.

Sheri was amazing this episode and the best part of the episode. What an inspiration <3

I also still rly like Scott & Blair even though they were quiet, but they delivered in whatever screentime they had lol <3

Erin & Joslyn :torche They were so much fun early on then they fizzled out these past two legs, I was really hoping for an NEL :( On the bright side, that makes them third on teams eliminated by Blair :lol: (Darius & Cameron via keeping quiet at the RB, Brittany & Jessica by hiding on the train, and now by confusing Erin & Joslyn at the Detour). Production seems to like them so I'm hoping they'll be back! (which is more than what I can say for most of the teams this season).

Dana & Matt are UTRN alright. Zach & Rachel are nice but so MOR.

Burnie & Ashley are so boring.

Brodie & Kurt are back to yelling which sucks, but I like them a little? They can have the Leo & Jamal factor of an obnoxiously loud team but still be alright.

Tyler & Korey just sucks. They're not fun and they're not entertaining. Ugh.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
worst leg this season I think (:;)
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Loved this leg  :hearts:

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
also wtf 3 week break!?!?!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
also wtf 3 week break!?!?!

And it has to be April Fools Day it starts again  :funny:

It is because of March Madness being on friday nights. A similar occurance happened in season 26 around this same time.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
Any reason why TAR 28 is taking a 2 week break? I mean I understand if it disappears for one week due to some music video awards, but why two weeks?  :groan: Is there a special reason why it's gonna take two weeks? Sorry, if it did happen before, I probably couldn't remember what it was.  :(

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Any reason why TAR 28 is taking a 2 week break? I mean I understand if it disappears for one week due to some music video awards, but why two weeks?  :groan: Is there a special reason why it's gonna take two weeks? Sorry, if it did happen before, I probably couldn't remember what it was.  :(

March Madness just like TAR26.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Another horrible Leg like last week. Only thing that made this episode better was the snow and the pretty mountains.  Otherwise, just awful. Almost as awful as that "Top 25 Most Favorite Teams That I Looked Up on Wikipedia" List.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Otherwise, just awful. Almost as awful as that "Top 25 Most Favorite Teams That I Looked Up on Wikipedia" List.

:funny: ^^^  So true.  :lol:

By far the worst Leg this Season.  I'd almost go as far as say it's as bad as some of the Legs from The Season That Shant be Named:groan:

It was soooo linear, and only for Burnie & Ashley choosing the harder Detour, which was incredibly unbalanced may I add, and Erin & Ashley falling at the RB, this Leg would've been the most linear Leg I can ever recall seeing.
And what the hell was that Dynamite Detour.  :gaah:  (:;)  None of the tasks this Leg required ANY great skill at all.  :lala

They even missed an opportunity by not including any self driving, even if it was just from the Detour to the RB.  :groan:

I wanted this to be a NEL, and felt it almost should've been.  Hoping for one next Leg now.

Overall, a pretty crappy Leg.  On a Positive note though, the scenery was amazing, but even that can't sway my view here.  :(

Team Rankings:
LOVE: Scott & Blair
Like: Burnie & Ashley, Zach & Rachel, Sherri & Cole
Neutral: Korey
Dislike: Dana & Matt, Brodie & Kurt
HATE: Tyler - The whole " Bros being Jocks, Jocks being Dudes, Dudes being Bros" thing p***es me off to no end!  (:;)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Awesome views and landscapes but worst leg of this season. No chance for the back of the pack to catch up the first teams!  :gaah:

I'm starting to be annoyed by Tyler's laugh. I mean, he's a good guy, but no need to laught for everything you see or do...
Oh, and Zach & Rachel were completely invisible this leg. :/

Why that huge break? Oh my god, so bad CBS.  :groan:
Thanks CBS for this "season preview" with a lot of spoilers where we just can see four teams from seven on the whole preview.  (:;)
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One best legs every

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I am going to disagree with some of you all. Worst leg? NO WAY!

I think this was an awesome leg. We had amazing scenery, very very difficult physical challenges (any of you ever ice/snow climb at altitude? Just getting up and back must have been soooo difficult!), human interest with people overcoming fears, incredibly interesting run for the paraglide start, awesome paraglide views, AND a three way FEMALE race for the end!!

Yes the leg was too linear. Yes the edits could have shown a bit more placements etc But you know what? The casual viewer doesn't see that. They see an amazing location, interesting tasks, and good human interest. Who didn't tear up when Sheri said "I did it?? I DID it??" 
My guess is this will be an Emmy Nom.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Paccard statue pitstop was a different statue than the Balmant/Saussure statue we saw in the previews (and you probably noticed that the greeter was dressed in a Balmant costume; Balmant is presumably a favorite son). There's actually a bit of drama about that; you can read here if you're interested.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
I didn't see the episode last night -- I was out -- so I want to know what Erin & Joslyn did that people think deserved to get them eliminated as karma.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Where did you see people saying it was karma? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
And it'll probably lose like another French Leg.
The WWI reenactment was ambitious and looked great on TV.  But it still lost. And this was when TAR was still very popular. 

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
And it'll probably lose like another French Leg.
The WWI reenactment was ambitious and looked great on TV.  But it still lost. And this was when TAR was still very popular.

Just because one French leg lost doesn't mean another will!

And anyway we're not even Half way through the legs ahead could be much more exiting

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Where did you see people saying it was karma? ???

Most recently, on the Leg 6 questions thread.  Ghmorello said that Erin & Joslyn got karma.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster

I think this was an awesome leg. We had amazing scenery, very very difficult physical challenges (any of you ever ice/snow climb at altitude? Just getting up and back must have been soooo difficult!), human interest with people overcoming fears, incredibly interesting run for the paraglide start, awesome paraglide views, AND a three way FEMALE race for the end!!

Yes the leg was too linear. Yes the edits could have shown a bit more placements etc But you know what? The casual viewer doesn't see that. They see an amazing location, interesting tasks, and good human interest. Who didn't tear up when Sheri said "I did it?? I DID it??" 

Agree 100%

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Agree 100%