Author Topic: TAR 28 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 23785 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'm fine with Jessica and Brittany getting eliminated, they should have been eliminated anyway based on their Detour and Roadblock finishing order. In fact, I loved it that they miss the train. When you are at the back, you just become upset and dejected cause no one wants to help you??

They were NOT even running to their next train. At least Blair was aggressive in asking the teams to "hide" because she knew, in a foot race, her dad would not out run anyone... :(

Based on Brittany, they could not make it because they did not have the tickets and if they made it, they still got fine. I think that Jessica wasn't upset if they were all doing it individually. But the fact that they all helped each other but her made her upset, especially they were a nice team and helping other teams in previous legs.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I just don't get good vibes from this model team. At least Caroline and Jennifer were fun to watch. This team just feel shady. Glad they're gone so that Blair and Scott can survive.

And if I say anything is unfair, it is Burnie and Ashley and Sheri and Cole not making the top 3 because of the bunching...

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

This episode was really a mixed-feeling one.

The tasks were good but the teams this leg... ugh idk.

Scott & Blair are definitely the shooting stars this ep, but I liked Dana & Matt because of their UTRN-ess and Zach & Rachel continuing their leg-by-leg story of messing up Detours lol <3

Everyone else was pretty meh, I honestly can't think of a lot of comments from the teams that were fun or not gamebotty. I'll have to rewatch I suppose :lol:

The potential 8-team footrace was rushed and an absolute joke. Even TAR24 handled it much better. (cant believe I'm saying that) Burnie & Ashley and Sheri & Cole were robbed.

Tyler & Korey are in red because their edit reminds me too much of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named from TAR27. They are just ok but they are shown too much even though they are irrelevant to the storyline of the leg. Plus I can only hear Tyler laugh more than once. Their bitchy comment about Instagram was ok though, I would probably like them more if they weren't OTTP and shoved down our throats every leg.

The weakest episode this season by far but I'm still enjoying it. At least it's better than the recent Switz legs we have had aka TAR24 and TAR22 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Side Note: It's so depressing to have the teams you love or like always at the bottom and not even in the Top 3 of the leg -_____-
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:35:24 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Really nice leg! At first I thought that they should have made the Pit Stop on Switzerland, but the train and the connections made all more interesting.
The foot race was intense but it sucked it all, because I thought we are gonna have "new" winners, and booooh, both M/M team were the faster again. :/

It's sad when a team that is struggling that much as models did is eliminated, but gonna be honest, they hadn't too much screen-time, they weren't the stronger, neither the funnier. But they were pretty nice girls.
If the girls would have helped Jessica on the RB, Scott & Blair would have been the last team, so it was a nice move from Blair.

Btw, let's hope the next week we have another winner. Not a M/M team that they are always on the top.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I don't have a problem with the M/M team at the top because I'm kinda used to them winning season after season... but waiting for them to get their Tanner and Josh like of downturn (hopefully).

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Top 4 are the same for last 3 legs.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Top 4 are the same for last 3 legs.
Precisely.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
After rewatching the episode, I realized that the models went past the detour location they had originally chosen. :groan: Afterwards, they just followed Sheri & Cole and switched to the other detour.

If I know I could excel in a task (one of them said she has a kit to make her own Swiss knives), I would've gone for that instead of switching just because I couldn't find the place.

Also, I realized that it's good to have teams bunched up at this pit stop, because the next leg could've been a linear leg. :ascared That's the advantage of the 8-way footrace. :lol: I still don't like it though. (:;) Burnie & Ashley were robbed!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
From the preview, could it be an injury!? :o :ascared
Just teams near each other I guess. :lol:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
After rewatching the episode, I realized that the models went past the detour location they had originally chosen. :groan: Afterwards, they just followed Sheri & Cole and switched to the other detour.

If I know I could excel in a task (one of them said she has a kit to make her own Swiss knives), I would've gone for that instead of switching just because I couldn't find the place.

Also, I realized that it's good to have teams bunched up at this pit stop, because the next leg could've been a linear leg. :ascared That's the advantage of the 8-way footrace. :lol: I still don't like it though. (:;) Burnie & Ashley were robbed!

It depends. Like Denise and James last season couldn't find the Detour place and they had to go with Rap detour instead.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

It depends. Like Denise and James last season couldn't find the Detour place and they had to go with Rap detour instead.

They took their time searching, and they were lucky to have not been eliminated on that leg.

The models quit looking for it too early, and I think it's a risk when compared to Denise & James Earl's situation. ??? The difference is the models went past it though. They still could've asked for directions. I wonder if they did though, ??? because the editing…

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I still can't get over the fact that Burnie & Ashley were robbed because the pit stop was in another country. :tantrum :furious: I wonder if they did this due to production difficulty, because they could've sent teams to Chamonix over the night during the pit stop, or even better, let the teams travel to Chamonix on the following leg.

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
such a sad night rip

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I'm fine with Jessica and Brittany getting eliminated, they should have been eliminated anyway based on their Detour and Roadblock finishing order. In fact, I loved it that they miss the train. When you are at the back, you just become upset and dejected cause no one wants to help you??

They were NOT even running to their next train. At least Blair was aggressive in asking the teams to "hide" because she knew, in a foot race, her dad would not out run anyone... :(

From twitter they were not running because they did not have tickets for the train yet and KNEW they could not make it. Also only had US $$ so did not think they could buy a ticket on the train.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster

From twitter they were not running because they did not have tickets for the train yet and KNEW they could not make it. Also only had US $$ so did not think they could buy a ticket on the train.
Also, I'm pretty sure the Detour finishing order may have been different (or closer) if teams didn't share answers... Same with the Roadblock (yes, it was straightforward, but they did split up the work between each other).

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Quote from: Platrium

I'd rather have had a linear leg start with a train ride to Chamonix (which would then not be linear since teams would be bunched) then what happened, a leg that BY DESIGN would be determined by a footrace.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

why are you talking to yourself

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

why are you talking to yourself

Just fixing my thoughts. :P
LOL now it looks funny how I had an online conversation with myself. :funny:

Offline MrDS

• RFF Jr. Member
I actually enjoyed this leg... Until the Pit Stop. Why not have it in Geneva? If Insta models would have been on the same train as everyone else it would have made no difference what happened throughout the whole leg it was just a footrace to the Pit Stop - super poor leg design there

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
Side Note: It's so depressing to have the teams you love or like always at the bottom and not even in the Top 3 of the leg -_____-

^^^ This is like every Season now for me.  I've just grown to accept it.  In fact, only once has my Number 1 pick for a Season ever actually won - Uchenna & Joyce.  :cheer:
AND out of 27 Seasons, only 4 Seasons have had winners that I really liked. (Seasons 5, 7, 9 & 25)  :(

Anyway, mooooving on.  :lol:
Another great Leg.  In terms of the tasks this Season has been top notch stuff, and although the Leg design has been hit-and-miss at times, its been on point for the majority of the Race thus far.  :hoot:

It's definitely not the best episode this Season, but it's slightly better than Leg 3, but that's only due to Leg 3 having a pretty slow first half.

Now, as for this Pitstop-In-A-Different-City scenario, at first I loved the idea.  Having 8 teams running for 1st was like a dream come true for me, but they made such a mess of the editing I ended up caring very little for it.  So, I started to hate the idea.  They should've just had it in Switzerland.  Burnie & Ashley wouldn't have been robbed a win then!  :gaah:
BUT in hindsight, I realised I actually don't mind it, because Scott & Blair may have got lost on the way to Pitstop, (you never know :lol: ) and ended up being eliminated.  So I'm content..... for now at least.  :grins:

I have to praise the editing team on other aspects though, because I was almost certain this was gonna be a KOR Leg.  I would've bet money on it.  Phil never even said "Pitstop" when introducing the Pitstop, which was always an indication to whether it would be KOR or not.  I think it warranted a KOR to be honest.  ???

Overall, another good episode, better than last week, but not as good as the first two.  Jessica & Brittany genuinely could've made it too the Top 5 had they survived, and I felt bad when no one else would help them at the RB. Kinda made Blair look bad.  :groan:
P.s Brodie & Kurt, and Korey & Tyler in the Top 2 again was just  (:;)  :res:  :nono2:

Team Ranking:
LOVE: Scott & Blair
Like: Zach & Rachel, Burnie & Ashley, Sherri & Cole
Neutral: Erin & Joslyn
Dislike: Tyler & Korey, Kurt & Brodie, Dana & Matt
HATE: ---
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Brittany said on her Twitter they were an hour behind, so Scott & Blair can have all the time that they need while not getting eliminated if the pit stop was around Geneva. :)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
Brittany said on her Twitter they were an hour behind, so Scott & Blair can have all the time that they need while not getting eliminated if the pit stop was around Geneva. :)

I did see that actually, but I assumed they meant they were an hour behind at the Pitstop, and not at the Train Station, because teams DID spot them at the Station? Right?  I mean was that not the reason for Blair trying to hide?  :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster

I did see that actually, but I assumed they meant they were an hour behind at the Pitstop, and not at the Train Station, because teams DID spot them at the Station? Right?  I mean was that not the reason for Blair trying to hide?  :lol:

I assume it was at the train station. ???
Anyway, I think Scott & Blair have enough time. :lol: They were even with Erin & Joslyn, so if they get lost, I doubt it'd be too serious since 2 teams work better than 1. ;)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster

I assume it was at the train station. ???
Anyway, I think Scott & Blair have enough time. :lol: They were even with Erin & Joslyn, so if they get lost, I doubt it'd be too serious since 2 teams work better than 1. ;)

They survived anyway, so guess it doesn't really matter.  :lol:  :yess:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
"What country is Switzerland in?"

Which one asked this? I heard it but can't remember who it was.
Jessica :lol: But it was misleading editing actually.

Wow at Brodie & Kurt not meeting all the teams yet. :o I know it's possible, but it's already Leg 4, and wow!
They all DID meet before, he just didn't see some teams (Scott & Blair in particular) during legs 2 and 3.

Also how did we miss a eight-way footrace / eight teams leaving on the Chamonix web cam?  :funny:
IIRC, that webcam wasn't live and just provided shots at certain times in (maybe) 15 minute intervals. So we just happened to get shots right before and right after those 8 teams checked in.

What if the pit stop was just in Geneva?
1st: Burnie & Ashley
2nd: Brodie & Kurt
3rd: Sheri & Cole
4th: Matt & Dana
5th: Tyler & Korey
6th: Zach & Rachel
7th: Scott & Blair
8th: Erin & Joslyn
9th: Jessica & Brittany
Lol this is 5 times better.

Burley getting 1st <3
Different winners on all 4 legs <3

But the actual leg was underwhelming overall.
The tasks were great, but the first ~10 minutes had strange editing and felt like someone's vacation vlog, not a race episode.
Hated the helping mentality -- some of it is okay, but please don't turn TAR into an alliance game, we've got Survivor for that.
The leg design was horrendous – a footrace by default, cancelling any progress of the teams throughout the leg. Why couldn't they have travelled to France the next morning :res:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:39:31 AM by Marionete »