Author Topic: TARCanada 3 - Episode 12 LIVE FINALE Discussion September 23th!  (Read 11200 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
TARCanada 3 - Episode 12 LIVE FINALE Discussion September 23th!
« on: September 23, 2015, 08:36:41 AM »
HAPPY TAR CANADA SEASON FINALE DAY!

:conf: :cheer: :conf: :cheer: :conf: :cheer: :conf:

IMPORTANT!

If you are unable to watch LIVE, please be aware that this thread WILL contain spoilers, so proceed at your own risk.  :oh 
This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!! :wohoo:

We do NOT think there will be a live stream, if we do there will be a separate thread. But...don't get your hopes up.

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread. 

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO future spoilers either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait! **Spoilers**

Have FUN everyone and :tu for joining us!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:19:14 AM by georgiapeach »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARCanada 3 - Episode 12 LIVE FINALE Discussion September 23th!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »
Here to update for TAR Canada even though it's happening at the same time as the premiere of Survivor and the finale of Big Brother. :stare :stare :stare

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 08:03:37 PM »
Already regretting my decision to update this. :lol:

This season on TAR Canada... 12 teams bolted from the starting line in Quebec City. Racers pushed themselves to the limit and soared to new heights. Along the way, teams battled exhausting challenges and unbelievable turns of luck. As the field narrowed leg by leg, now only 3 teams remain.

Brothers vs brothers vs partners.
Nick & Matt - Looking to pin down their rivals. Consistency has been their strength, top 3 for 9 legs.
Gino & Jesse - Led the race with 4 wins. Consistency has been a challenge and they've almost gone home 3 times. Made no secret that winning means everything.
Brent & Sean - Underdogs. Small town brothers with big personalities. They won 2 legs by giving everything and a little extra... Sean throwing up. :lol: Nearly losing it all in Delhi fuelled their desire to win.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 08:04:00 PM »
Here to update for TAR Canada even though it's happening at the same time as the premiere of Survivor and the finale of Big Brother. :stare :stare :stare

Stay strong Polaroid only a little bit more and then this season can end

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »
Brent & Sean depart 1st at 6:45 AM. Fly to Vancouver, British Columbia! woop woop. 2010 Olympics and Paralympics mentioned. Brent & Sean have never had more confidence in the race and in themselves.

Nick & Matt - 7:13 AM. $500 for this leg of the race. Wrestling doesn't provide financial stability.

Gino & Jesse - 7:20 AM. They're nervous. They've never come this close to win this much money. They came from nothing and had a single mother.

All teams on the same flight to Vancouver. Locate Terry Fox Plaza located outside BC Place for their next clue.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »
All teams running out of the airport. Gino & Jesse in 1st but other 2 teams are right behind them in the taxi. Gino & Jesse tell their taxi driver to stay with them the entire day. Gino & Jesse's taxi made it past a light and other teams got stuck behind it.

RB: Who wants to roll with it? One team member has to cycle across a narrow plank between 2 roof beams on BC Place. Optically designed to throw off your perception. If they fall they...... ok my mom started talking so I didn't hear the rest. I think you have to wait your turn to go again?

Gino doing the RB. Other 2 teams arriving.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 08:13:10 PM »
Gino's not a huge fan of heights lol. Gino says he has to get it on his first try or else the other teams can pass them. And he gets it on his first try lol.

Make your way to the Whistler Olympic Plaza. Jon talking about the Olympics and how people were so supportive. Jon drinks from a huge pitcher of beer! :funny: :funny: :funny:

Gino & Jesse first to leave the RB.

Matt is doing the RB. Nick: "Going to look like one of this bears on the tiny bicycles at the circus." :funny: Matt going for his 1st attempt. He finishes the RB on his first attempt as well.

Brent: "Darn, now I HAVE to do it." Brent fails his 1st attempt almost immediately after he gets on the bike. Brent's confidence has been shaken from the fall. Going for a 2nd attempt and falls at around the same spot again. Brent crying.

Commercial.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 08:21:53 PM »
Brent fails his 6th attempt. Sean feels like he's not there for Brent. Sean's upset. Brent fails 7th attempt. He keeps falling really early. Brent on his 10th attempt. Falls about halfway.

Gino & Jesse first to arrive at the next cluebox. Make your way to the Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre. They'll find their map boards. Teams have to work together to remember all 12 legs travelled. Using a piece of string and a scale on the map, calculate the total miles travelled on the race and covert it into km. Has to be within 5% of 48500 km to get their next clue.

Wrestlers got the clue.

Gino & Jesse know exactly where they've been.

Brent's on his 19TH ATTEMPT. :o And another failed attempt. Omg. He's going for his 20th attempt... He finally got it!!! Sean: "Good job!!! I think season 4 started but..." :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »
Gino & Jesse working on the calculations and Nick & Matt are at the maps now. Gino & Jesse bickering with each other lol. Wrestlers noticing that.

Brent & Sean saying that this race is giving back to their parents and the other teams can't take that away from him.

Nick & Matt being very calm and Gino & Jesse are yelling at each other lol. Nick & Matt done the task!!! They erased their answers. Make your way to the Bearfoot Bistro. Descend underground into their wine cellar. Cleanly saber off 2 bottles of wine. or champagne? idk. :lol: Probably wine.

Gino & Jesse still arguing with each other LOL. They lost their pen. Commercial.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 08:33:57 PM »
And we're back with Gino & Jesse working on their map. Wrestlers wondering what the fastest way to get to the restaurant is. Gino & Jesse done the map task. They badly erase their whiteboard.

Gino & Jesse have wrestlers in their sight. Wrestlers found a shortcut? Gino & Jesse arguing about map directions. Their taxi driver left them? I'm not sure what's happening.

Wrestlers got into a cab. Gino & Jesse frantically get into a taxi and start yelling directions at their taxi driver. Taxi driver tells them to put on their seatbelts LOL.

Wrestlers arrive at the wine cellar. Each team member has to open 2 wine bottles with a gigantic knife and the stem of a wine glass. Nick & Matt done 1/4.

Brent & Sean arrive at the map task and they see Gino & Jesse's board that wasn't fully erased. LOL THEY JUST SAW THE ANSWER AND WROTE IT DOWN ON THEIR BOARD. THEY'RE DONE THE TASK ALREADY. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Gino & Jesse: 1/4. Wrestlers: 3/4. Gino & Jesse: 2/4. 3/4. Both working on the wine glass one. Wrestlers done first. Take the Whistler Village Gondola to the top of Whistler Mountain for their next clue. Wrestlers see Gino & Jesse's cab... They want to take the cab. Brothers done and they see wrestlers trying to take their taxi. Brothers managed to shoo the wrestlers away.

Brent & Sean see Nick & Matt so they realize they're still in this.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 08:34:31 PM »
Gino & Jesse realize that they don't have the gondola tickets... They're searching frantically in their clues for the tickets. Commercial.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »
We're back with Gino & Jesse frantically looking for their gondola tickets. And they found it in their clue lol. Wrestlers arriving at the gondola. Gino & Jesse get onto the 1st gondola. They decide to stop arguing and they hug it out. Wrestlers on the 2nd gondola.

Brent & Sean arriving at the wine task. Apparently they're pros at this??? They seem to get it really quickly loool. They drank some of the champagne and got out of there.

Gino & Jesse get out of the gondola at the top of Whistler Mountain. RB: Who's ready to meet one's match. The team member who didn't do the bicycle challenge will have to match a single ski in height and binding size among thousands of skis on the racks... omg.

Jesse doing the RB. Nick doing the RB. It's coming down to this???? omg.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 08:42:04 PM »
Jesse going for a check............ "Sorry, not a match." The skis were the same height but the binding sizes didn't match. Nick going for a check......... Not a match as well. He thinks everything matches so he's confused.

Commercial.

I can't believe the finale is going to be determined by such a random challenge??? What the heck.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 08:50:43 PM »
We're back with Nick vs Jesse. Nick thinks he found a match. It's not a match. Nick re-reads the clue and realizes that the foot size has to be a size 7.

Jesse going for a check................................ IT'S A MATCH. For the second part of the RB, ride up the mountain via the Peak2Peak gondola. When they arrive, launch off a ski jump and land in a pool of water. Once they make that jump, Mike Riddle will give them their next clue.

Brothers in the gondola. Nick gets the ski shortly after and they're on the gondola.

Sean doing the RB. Sean sees that his ski has the number 166 on it so he's eliminating a bunch of skis immediately. A throwback to the first leg with the bike lock task. Done the RB quickly.

And my doorbell rang so idk what just happened. Jesse doing the ski jump. Wrestlers at the ski jump. He gets the clue. At last: the end of the race! Make your way to the 12th hole of the Nicklaus North Golf Course.

I think you literally just have to go down the ski jump hill and that's it? Lame.......... Wrestlers done shortly after.

Gino & Jesse in a taxi going to the finish line. Nick & Matt in a taxi. They're hoping Gino & Jesse get lost.

Commercial.

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 08:59:31 PM »
And we're back with Jon clapping at the finish line. Are you kidding me. IT WAS A CHEVROLET COMMERCIAL. IM LAUGHING SO HARD.

AND NOW WE'RE REALLY BACK. :lol: Gino & Jesse saying take a right on highway 99... but maybe it's actually a left? idk what's going on. Gino & Jesse running... Nick & Matt running... lol obvs Gino & Jesse gonna make it there first.

3 continents, 4 countries, something provinces, something cities, something else, Gino & Jesse are the winners of The Amazing Race Canada 3!!! Gino & Jesse saying that they got to know each other on another level.

Wrestlers running to the finish line. Wrestlers congratulating brothers. Nick & Matt say they gained much more than a 2nd place.

Brent & Sean running to the finish line. Jon asking Sean if he needs to puke... Sean says he's okay. AND THEN HE STARTS COUGHING AND GAGGING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :funny: :funny: :funny: They're glad to have done the race with each other. Sean saying that they were a team for 12 legs of the race and for the rest of their lives awww.

FINALE:
1st - Gino & Jesse
2nd - Nick & Matt
3rd - Brent & Sean

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 09:00:29 PM »
-_-
Hope this means we will not see them if we have an All-star :P

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »
And the final shot is everyone on the mat as Jon congratulates Gino & Jesse. Wrestlers lift up Jon on their shoulders.

The end ok now I'm gonna watch BB. :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »
can anyone explain to me how dana and amanda are canada's favorite tbh

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 10:20:25 PM »

I'm glad they did that. Giving it to the same team who also won would be spoiling them TOO much.

That's Newfoundlanders for ya, they support their own.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »

I'm glad they did that. Giving it to the same team who also won would be spoiling them TOO much.

That's Newfoundlanders for ya, they support their own.

I get it but like... they were third out of the Race with limited screentime. Surely you would expect the winner to be someone from mid-game to end-game?

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 03:37:32 AM »
Just spoiled myself the whole finale (at work TBH ;P ). But I couldn't wait for at least 7 more hours ;D

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 03:45:17 AM »
The boring team won, just like the winner of TAR 26, meh...  :res:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 05:24:48 AM »
Very linear finale leg... predictable result  :( :(

It's not really linear tbh. The Memory and Memory Challenge and also, the first part of second RB could potentially switch place. But I really want the first RB and the second part of second RB are more complex other than doing it once and done.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »
i think john overdoes it same times with clue introduction

Map task did not match museum would do something related with museum

tar14 roadblock ugh never mind like roadblock

BEST WINNERS OF ALL TIMES

Offline Kevin_Zhu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »
 :hearts: :hearts:Congrats to Gino&Jesse!! :yess: :yess:
TAR16 FAVS Jet & Cord, Steve & Allie, Dan & Jordan