Author Topic: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 117032 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #425 on: November 07, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »
I think "quiet" in this case just means "least expected," which in the Race's case would be the team they interact with the least? idk Kelsey & Joey U-Turning Green Team or Texas wouldn't be a surprise if I were the victims.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2015, 05:59:36 PM »
I think "quiet" in this case just means "least expected," which in the Race's case would be the team they interact with the least? idk Kelsey & Joey U-Turning Green Team or Texas wouldn't be a surprise if I were the victims.

No, Kelsey & Joey U-Turning Justin & Diana wouldn't be a major surprise to them.  So most likely it's Denise & James Earl.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2015, 10:22:04 PM »
In TAR 25, I find myself remotely rooting for the wrestlers for being funny and being evil but not too smart at the same time, surfers for just completely being lovely dovey, Misti and Jim being competitive but NOT bringing the other teams down (by saying who can't beat them or what and they got much more humble after the NEL SAVE LEG), Amaya for being the cheerful underdogs and Kym and Allie for being the really athletic female team that the race more than often lacked.

And the locations were fun, amazing, remotely interesting and tasks were, good.

This season, I find myself not finding anything to love about Logan and Chris, Tanner and Josh are slowly becoming meh, Justin is extremely annoying, Tiffany and Krista are inconsistent but acceptable (but still meh as compared to Kym/Allie or Amaya), Cindy and Rick are boring and Kelsey and Joey wants to be competitive but are just not that good. The focus of the reporter's edit is always to just try to beat the green team, and that takes whatever fun that they may have out of them. Only Denise and Earl James are delivering <3

And the locations are good so far... BUT THE TASKS? Of so many cool things to do at a windmill (produce something local, make a pair of clogs and paint it, produce some cheese, make dye etc...), they have to find PAINTINGS OF VAN GOGH? LIKE SERIOUSLY? Even trying to reproduce a Van Gohg painting may be remotely interesting. But no, they have to put an unrelated task with an unrelated location.

That's akin to asking a team to go to a shrine in Japan and instead of performing a ritual, eat a piece of sushi? DO YOU SEE THE LINK THERE? The link is they're both related to Japan (going to a shrine and eating a piece of sushi), but the task and location does not match!!

And i'm annoyed by the Rotterdam leg because Rotterdam is FAMOUS... Like really FAMOUS for their artistic designs in their buildings. Even the Rotterdam Central station is extremely frontal looking, but no focus has been placed on the cool designs of ANY building. Like, isn't TAR all about highlighting the physical features of different locations around the world. It just seems like they're visiting Rotterdam because oh... they've been to Amsterdam so let's just go to another dam. :stare

When has it become a... oh green team is not first, oh green team is struggling, oh we have to beat the green team, oh the green team is first, oh the green team won the leg... excuse me while I go and barf.

Kthxbye.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2015, 10:29:07 PM »
And the ship task, they just don't realize that after awhile, tasks like the ship task will become repetitive. How many times can you show them performing the SAME RITUAL. I was shocked. I would have expected them to up the difficulty level by finding A DIFFERENT SHIP and saving ANOTHER ship. Not the same thing again and again. With this, it just seemed you need the most 3 times (15 minutes) to complete the task??

And of course the edit, I was so confused. Teams are taking trams every where but I don't know which they have to take. One moment Cindy and Rick is waiting for one at a tram stop so far away, and the other moment teams are at another stop? I know many different trams can go to a different location.. but at least indicate for us in subtitles? Like "Tram 9" or something like that.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #429 on: November 07, 2015, 10:41:33 PM »
In TAR 25, I find myself remotely rooting for the wrestlers for being funny and being evil but not too smart at the same time, surfers for just completely being lovely dovey, Misti and Jim being competitive but NOT bringing the other teams down (by saying who can't beat them or what and they got much more humble after the NEL SAVE LEG), Amaya for being the cheerful underdogs and Kym and Allie for being the really athletic female team that the race more than often lacked.

And the locations were fun, amazing, remotely interesting and tasks were, good.

This season, I find myself not finding anything to love about Logan and Chris, Tanner and Josh are slowly becoming meh, Justin is extremely annoying, Tiffany and Krista are inconsistent but acceptable (but still meh as compared to Kym/Allie or Amaya), Cindy and Rick are boring and Kelsey and Joey wants to be competitive but are just not that good. The focus of the reporter's edit is always to just try to beat the green team, and that takes whatever fun that they may have out of them. Only Denise and Earl James are delivering <3

And the locations are good so far... BUT THE TASKS? Of so many cool things to do at a windmill (produce something local, make a pair of clogs and paint it, produce some cheese, make dye etc...), they have to find PAINTINGS OF VAN GOGH? LIKE SERIOUSLY? Even trying to reproduce a Van Gohg painting may be remotely interesting. But no, they have to put an unrelated task with an unrelated location.

That's akin to asking a team to go to a shrine in Japan and instead of performing a ritual, eat a piece of sushi? DO YOU SEE THE LINK THERE? The link is they're both related to Japan (going to a shrine and eating a piece of sushi), but the task and location does not match!!

And i'm annoyed by the Rotterdam leg because Rotterdam is FAMOUS... Like really FAMOUS for their artistic designs in their buildings. Even the Rotterdam Central station is extremely frontal looking, but no focus has been placed on the cool designs of ANY building. Like, isn't TAR all about highlighting the physical features of different locations around the world. It just seems like they're visiting Rotterdam because oh... they've been to Amsterdam so let's just go to another dam. :stare

When has it become a... oh green team is not first, oh green team is struggling, oh we have to beat the green team, oh the green team is first, oh the green team won the leg... excuse me while I go and barf.

Kthxbye.

+1. Very well said. The tasks are really meh. The editing is horrid in most of the episodes.  :'(

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #430 on: November 08, 2015, 07:46:27 AM »
Not being harsh but I would love to see how Tanner and Josh and Justin and Diana when they got eliminated... teehee  :funny: (no offense)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: November 08, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »
Not being harsh but I would love to see how Tanner and Josh and Justin and Diana when they got eliminated... teehee  :funny: (no offense)

None taken, I would love this! :lol:

A final four without them would really be great.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #432 on: November 08, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »

None taken, I would love this! :lol:

A final four without them would really be great.

Or Logan and Chris too :P

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: November 08, 2015, 12:56:48 PM »
I do not hope it is final 4 again like season 25 and 26. I hate it, bring back final 3!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2015, 07:38:32 AM »
I just want Justin and Diana/Tanner and Josh eliminated, make them cry home boo hoo to their mommies! : (:;)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2015, 08:31:01 AM »
I just want Justin and Diana/Tanner and Josh eliminated, make them cry home boo hoo to their mommies! : (:;)

:lol: :lol:   
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2015, 06:15:51 PM »

I feel bad but I died laughing when I read this omg :lol:

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
Not saying I want to but IMO Logan and Chris are winning

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2015, 03:51:07 AM »
Why are casuals so worked up over Tiffany & Krista not knowing the country and the whole "Ha-Goo" fiasco, saying that this season has the dumbest teams ever? :res:

They keep on saying that by not knowing these things that these teams are ignorant... but if teams go to non English-speaking countries and mispronounce locations there, nobody bats an eye.

Not only that, in a secret scene even PHIL HIMSELF called it the Ha-Goo lol.

Oh TAR casuals, at least they're on-point this season with the Justin hate (:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2015, 09:14:50 AM »
Cause only the keyboard warriors who have no life will have time to post their comments on Facebook, which nobody cares.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2015, 11:17:06 AM »
Why are casuals so worked up over Tiffany & Krista not knowing the country and the whole "Ha-Goo" fiasco, saying that this season has the dumbest teams ever? :res:

They keep on saying that by not knowing these things that these teams are ignorant... but if teams go to non English-speaking countries and mispronounce locations there, nobody bats an eye.

Not only that, in a secret scene even PHIL HIMSELF called it the Ha-Goo lol.

Oh TAR casuals, at least they're on-point this season with the Justin hate (:

But you have to laugh at Arc De Triomphe  :funny: but that doesn't make some one ignorant

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2015, 06:51:57 PM »
Not saying I want to but IMO Logan and Chris are winning

That would be epic!  :wohoo:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: November 14, 2015, 02:46:09 AM »
And welp the Logan & Chris F3 speculation was proven false because them in the water was just them jumping in a pool :lol:

Only Tiffany & Krista are confirmed F4, really hoping that one of the last three boots is Justin!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: November 14, 2015, 02:47:36 AM »
And welp the Logan & Chris F3 speculation was proven false because them in the water was just them jumping in a pool :lol:

Only Tiffany & Krista are confirmed F4, really hoping that one of the last three boots is Justin!

I meant Logan & Chris is on jet ski in finale leg, not blue water thing.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2015, 04:15:53 AM »
I officially declare this as my bottom 5 season along with TAR 4, TAR 9, TAR 20 and TAR 24.

I'm outta here. This is one of the laziest season without self-driving, proper tasks (don't even bother to choose another location for pit-stop), repetitive tasks and terrible teams.

And of course, the edit sucks.

SUCKS.

#KTHXBYE

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »
I officially declare this as my bottom 5 season along with TAR 4, TAR 9, TAR 20 and TAR 24.

I'm outta here. This is one of the laziest season without self-driving, proper tasks (don't even bother to choose another location for pit-stop), repetitive tasks and terrible teams.

SUCKS.

#KTHXBYE

Ford dropped out as sponsor, so no self driving. They (Ford) are in loss of money, I think.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: November 14, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
Justin & Diana excel in the tasks but sometimes I feel their lead is just determined by dumb luck/race planning. SO many Pick-A-Number's (what happened to: "Grab your clue at sunrise"?), SO many linear tasks/waiting-in-line.

And on top of that, there are earlier flights/trains, which you can't blame them for, however.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #448 on: November 14, 2015, 10:07:21 AM »
Ever since Tanner and Josh started their decline, Justin and Diana did not really have significant competition. If not for their first leg mishap with the FF, the Green Team may have finished 8 consecutive legs in the top 2.

Speaking of which, do you think there will be a second FF? Or whether a second FF went unaired?

Online smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: November 14, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »

SUCKS.

#KTHXBYE

This season isn't bad at all, but either way - see ya!