Author Topic: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 116530 times)

Offline BoneDust

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #350 on: October 04, 2015, 07:19:17 PM »
Omg the extra videos on YouTube are adorable. Watching the three teams gathered at the mat at the end of Leg 2 right now. Lots of fun moments between teams to be seen there. <3

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #351 on: October 04, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »
I don't know if this is the right thread, but ... it's interesting that Justin left his job to be on the show and the couple moved to Philadelphia. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/146245/monday---kmxp-phoenix-s-justin-scheman-appears-on-

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2015, 08:01:47 PM »
Omg the extra videos on YouTube are adorable. Watching the three teams gathered at the mat at the end of Leg 2 right now. Lots of fun moments between teams to be seen there. <3

:hello2: and  :wel2 to the R.F.F., BoneDust!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:48 PM »
I don't know, but that annoying/villainous/overexcited Justin edit is working. I don't like that team :lol: (And what makes it worse is Diana just standing there doing nothing interesting :lol:) (Sorry Justin, I know you are lurking here. I hope to believe that you are nice in real life, but on the Race your edit is something that I personally not like :lol:)

Anyways, I like (well, just like) most of the teams except the reporters. Zzz to me. Definitely rooting for Ernst and Jin, the Cheerleaders, and Denise and James Earl :hearts:

The tasks so far? They could pass, but ugh can we just go back to the early-to-mid TAR edit pls :( where everything is ~mysterious~ ~intense~ ~serious~ ~awesome~.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2015, 11:48:21 PM »
I know I didn't like ep2 but I liked one part of it. Seeing all the teams actually read part of the Detour clue before leaving is much better than just quick-cuts to an audio cue of them saying "We're doing X" while running off.

Unfortunately after that it was back to the dumb editing.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:12:50 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline BoneDust

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2015, 01:45:18 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Alenaveda! Ahh, my newb status is out there for all to see, lol. I've been lurking here for a little while and finally decided it was time to join in on the fun! This place is such a great resource for everything TAR. :hoot:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2015, 09:18:38 AM »
Seems like the teams have to change into some outfit/costume each leg. Maybe that will be related to this season's final leg challenge.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
Thanks for the welcome, Alenaveda! Ahh, my newb status is out there for all to see, lol. I've been lurking here for a little while and finally decided it was time to join in on the fun! This place is such a great resource for everything TAR. :hoot:

Hi and Welcome!  Glad you joined! 

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2015, 10:32:08 AM »
Seems like the teams have to change into some outfit/costume each leg. Maybe that will be related to this season's final leg challenge.
I think there is.no compulsory outfit for all teams on leg2?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #359 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00:08 PM »
I'm just curious if Ford sponsored this Season. In the end credits I only see Travelocity and FitBit. We have not seen any instances of self-driving from the contestants using Ford vehicles. Compared to previous seasons where there were self-driving tasks which really affected team's placements.  ???

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #360 on: October 11, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
I'm just curious if Ford sponsored this Season. In the end credits I only see Travelocity and FitBit. We have not seen any instances of self-driving from the contestants using Ford vehicles. Compared to previous seasons where there were self-driving tasks which really affected team's placements.  ???
I haven't seen any Ford commercials played during TAR hour. But they have sponsored the show since TAR18. That's a pretty decent endorsement contract already. I don't see Mercedes-Benz returning for sponsorship in the near future though.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #361 on: October 11, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
Well, for those asking, we had Ford presence on the episode... sort of...  :funny:

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #362 on: October 11, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »
Aww, that's sad if Ford is no longer a TAR sponsor. That's a big loss if so.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: October 11, 2015, 02:42:14 PM »
It seems like whenever they go to Argentina, they largely stick to the stereotypical bases: tango, asado, and gauchos. And this visit checked off all 3.

But now they're going to Africa (for not 1 but 2 countries! Which is rare in recent seasons. Ditto for South America), which tends to deliver, so presumably the season will pick up.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: October 11, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »
That's actually the first time they've had Tango on Amazing Race Us unless you count Tar 5 but they were looking at people performing the tango!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2015, 04:52:45 PM »
It seems like whenever they go to Argentina, they largely stick to the stereotypical bases: tango, asado, and gauchos. And this visit checked off all 3.

That's one of the issues I have with TARUS. Any time they came they went to Buenos Aires or the South - mostly Patagonia - (Mendoza and Salta were rare exceptions). They never took the teams to the Argentinian coast - that have an extension of around 4.500 km - or the Mesopotamia region or the noreastern area or the center of the country. So if you insist on going to the same places at some moment you run out of choices of tasks to do.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »
Another one: they have made legs in Patagonia, but they never were capable of design a leg in Chubut where there's a huge number of colonies of Welsh descent. That would be showing a different aspect of the country, far away of the stereotypes.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:49 PM »
After making and enjoying special regional drinks for each of the South American episodes, I just realized I will have to make a Zambian and Zimbabwean beverage. ??? :helpme

Does "ostrich egg" count? :lol:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
The editing is nearly ruining this season =/

You know it's bad when you are absolutely blown away by the cast pre-show, then EVERYONE delivers in their own right particularly in the Secret Scenes, with a LOT of golden moments in them, but the show doesn't show it at all =/

We missed out on:
-Jazmine & Danielle calling the sun seeping into their pores as the Race began
-#TeamTMZ arguing more even though they were last and locals walking over to stare at them as they melt down :lol: (Leg 1)
-Denise & James not being able to get a taxi because they were in swimsuits (Leg 1)
-Phil mentioning the Pit Stop greeter as Tiffany's sister :lol: (Leg 1)
-Ernest & Jin having a cute moment teaching Tiffany & Krista dancing at the Airport (Leg 2)
-Logan & Chris arguing at the Airport after Logan pinches Chris and then making up 10 whole seconds later :lol:
-Kelsey & Joey arguing over directions in the other Detour (Leg 2)
-Cindy & Rick mentioning Justin & Diana as an overtly strong team which could give them out as a U-Turn target (Leg 2)
-Denise asking James if the dancers thought he smelled :lol: (Leg 2 post-Roadblock)
-Tanner & Josh/Logan & Chris/Denise & James-Earl mentioning wanting Justin out (Leg 2 Pit Stop)
-Jazmine & Danielle getting extremely lost at the Leg 2 Pit Stop.
-Alex & Adam's taxi taking them to the wrong place which caused their elimination. (Leg 2)
-Phil mentions Cindy & Rick's marriage and asks how long the marriage will be and the greeter says "For a short time" :lol: (Leg 2 Pit Stop)

IDK, we could have had these scenes instead of:
-A giant focus on the Helicopter Ride on Leg 1 + the nearly 2 entire minutes they gave for Justin's Meltdown
-Another long minute on Leg 2 when teams entered the Cathedral
-Cutting down some time from the Roadblock on Leg 2 (the Roadblock was around 15-20 minutes or nearly HALF the episode beginning from when Justin & Diana get there [Other teams were just shown finishing and getting their clue])

Just my opinion IMO, but hopefully it improves!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #369 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:27 PM »
We didn't miss out, the scenes were there, just in the Insider Videos.

But I agree it would have been wonderful to have some of those moments in the show itself!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »
So I hope anyone who saw this message, please help to preserve all the insider video via download because I can't stand the TAR deleting all the great insider video after the season was over.  :gaah: :dick
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2015, 02:00:14 AM »
So I hope anyone who saw this message, please help to preserve all the insider video via download because I can't stand the TAR deleting all the great insider video after the season was over.  :gaah: :dick

(:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: October 15, 2015, 05:00:20 PM »
The editing is nearly ruining this season =/
That holds true to what I think of the editing also. The new editors need to focus on the rapid, yet fun, nature of the race rather than blowing up moments that would make teams seem like the next Jet & Cord or pieces of work that "nobody should like". Pointless drama like petty disagreements and continuous "Aaron & Arianne-ing" (rivalry) serve no purpose when lighthearted and better understanding of a race or navigation performance are available.

I first noticed the choppiness during season 20 when Kerri & Stacy seemed to be just there. The insider videos revealed a lot about them otherwise.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2015, 08:06:32 AM »
Just saw the alliance video posted by peach and I'm like....

Goddamn it, just race like the racers in TAR 25. This ain't survivor. *rolleyes*

But this season so far >>> TAR 26

Offline JustinAndDiana

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
  • The real Justin & Diana
    • JustinAndDiana.com
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2015, 08:37:17 AM »
Just saw the alliance video posted by peach and I'm like....

Goddamn it, just race like the racers in TAR 25. This ain't survivor. *rolleyes*

But this season so far >>> TAR 26

Why do you think people shouldn't try to have some sort of game plan? It's a million dollars.  I can name at least 20 allainces that made a big difference during the race but just ask the afganimals if an alliance would have helped them in season 23...  Actually 23 of the 26 winners might not have won without having one and amy and maya had a 4 team alliance during season 25.
Justin & Diana
Amazing Race  Season 27
@JustinClassic1
@LadyClassicOne