Author Topic: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**  (Read 116778 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 27 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS**
« Reply #250 on: July 14, 2015, 05:24:38 PM »
NYC again? :groan: It was visited for a finale six seasons ago and a start almost recently. Unless they go on a Long Island route toward Montauk or visit infamous landmarks like Lady Liberty, Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Center, or the Empire State Building, why?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #251 on: July 14, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »
aaargh! I live in Brooklyn, and for months I've been dreaming of being randomly stoppedon the street by Amazing Racers and giving them directions.

Figures that they would end up in NYC right when I'm on vacation...

But then again my chances of bumping into them were slim to none anyway.

It'll be cool though to watch it and remember what I was doing on that particular day....
The World is Waiting For You

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #252 on: July 14, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
NYC again? :groan: It was visited for a finale six seasons ago and a start almost recently. Unless they go on a Long Island route toward Montauk or visit infamous landmarks like Lady Liberty, Carnegie Hall, Rockefeller Center, or the Empire State Building, why?

Remember the theme for this season's route; except for the leg in The Hague, all of the legs have been throwbacks to the early seasons, and even leg 11 was a throwback to TAR 11, leg 11. As since half of the legs were "throwbacks" to season one, it seemed to me that NYC was a pretty strong candidate for this season just on that alone, and I said as much several days ago once teams went to India for two legs, duplicating the two Indian legs from TAR 1. My hope is that they used One World Trade Center (for obvious reasons) and its connection to the broadcasting of the show's first ever episode just 6 days before 9/11.
-- theschnauzers

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #253 on: July 14, 2015, 06:50:36 PM »

Remember the theme for this season's route; except for the leg in The Hague, all of the legs have been throwbacks to the early seasons, and even leg 11 was a throwback to TAR 11, leg 11. As since half of the legs were "throwbacks" to season one, it seemed to me that NYC was a pretty strong candidate for this season just on that alone, and I said as much several days ago once teams went to India for two legs, duplicating the two Indian legs from TAR 1. My hope is that they used One World Trade Center (for obvious reasons) and its connection to the broadcasting of the show's first ever episode just 6 days before 9/11.
As much as I would care to disagree with the route choice in my head, I will accept the New York City finale for the theme of an essentially retrospective season. I would not mind whatsoever if they went toward Montauk and the Hamptons though as long as the leg is well thought out.

I will agree with the choice to use bold locations such as the One World Trade Center, (the birth of TAR in) Central Park, the Empire State Building, Radio City, Carnegie Hall, and perhaps a TAR10 and historic memory like the NY Daily News Building. It will add a unique flavor to the finale when production has been avoiding crowd-friendly places since the beginning.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
Given that a) this route is a #throwbacktarsday and b) that the majority of the last visit in New York took place in a junkyard, at night, or indoors, I think there's potential for some amazing verdant scenery especially for the final mat.

fake eta I feel like they might even sneak away and find a spot in Central Park for the mat <3

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #255 on: July 15, 2015, 09:31:06 AM »
What is it with this last leg? Are we getting the new version of Undercover Amazing Race?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »
Actually, I'm pretty happy we don't know much about the finale.
It's more interesting for me to know the route countries and maybe some tasks there, but not knowing much about the finale keeps the suspense as to who made the finals.

We don't have that many team sightings this season overall.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2015, 10:39:30 AM »
It's more interesting for me to know the route countries and maybe some tasks there, but not knowing much about the finale keeps the suspense as to who made the finals.

Same opinion. :) I'm actually glad there was never a season so far (since I started following RFF) that spoiled the winning team before it aired. It's the only spoiler I would want to avoid.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »

Same opinion. :) I'm actually glad there was never a season so far (since I started following RFF) that spoiled the winning team before it aired. It's the only spoiler I would want to avoid.

Tar 25 did

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #259 on: July 15, 2015, 10:53:02 AM »

Tar 25 did

24 also. But with no evident info. :lol:

But I prefer we don't know who F3 is since it made penultimate leg more dramatic. (If they'll go back to normal F3 again)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: July 15, 2015, 10:58:35 AM »

Tar 25 did

And 24, by leg 4's airing I was seeing regular posts on the TAR Facebook page about how Dave & Connor won, in fact the entire boot order was correct. That season was badly, badly spoiled on social media.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »
Is it normal for there to be a California start, an eastward route, and the end city being on the East Coast?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2015, 11:13:24 AM »
The real question is have we have routes that overlapped time zones, i.e., more than 24. And we have, but it has been infrequent. But I like it when the Race goes 24 time zones or more, because that truly is going around the world. :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2015, 11:19:40 AM »
There was a confusion with TAR24's 1st and 2nd place teams, so it was between the winners and CaroJen.
As for TAR25, I remember seeing photos, but it wasn't clear. :lol: Lucky me. Thank goodness!

Back to the main topic of this, if ever there will be a winner spoiler in the future, I hope there's a separate thread for it. :lol:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »
Is it normal for there to be a California start, an eastward route, and the end city being on the East Coast?

It didn't seem normal to me. They don't usually go more than a full circuit of the globe. Often they don't even complete the full circling of the globe. Usually a west coast start means a west coast end. Or Alaska or Hawaii. I found a hint from an unexpected source about New York City and didn't trust it too much because I didn't think they would go all the way to the east coast for the end of the race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2015, 12:28:07 PM »
I'm actually glad there was never a season so far (since I started following RFF) that spoiled the winning team before it aired. It's the only spoiler I would want to avoid.

RFF sometimes knows, but unless there is complete photographic evidence, we CHOOSE to also not spoil the Final 3.  Sometimes the SHOW is way more important than the spoilers.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2015, 04:45:41 PM »

We often share the same opinion, Platrium :hearts: :<3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »
I'm actually glad there was never a season so far (since I started following RFF) that spoiled the winning team before it aired. It's the only spoiler I would want to avoid.

RFF sometimes knows, but unless there is complete photographic evidence, we CHOOSE to also not spoil the Final 3.  Sometimes the SHOW is way more important than the spoilers.

Oh, good thing!  :yess:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2015, 09:36:28 PM »

We often share the same opinion, Platrium :hearts: :<3
:conf: :trampb: :grins:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2015, 07:05:38 AM »
It's really nice to see that the boot orders aren't clear for this season. It adds to the suspense. This season is both full of surprises and mysteries :cheer:  I'm very happy that Tiffany & Krista made it to Leg 11  :cheer: :conf:. No one knows if they made the finals but hopefully they will.  :hoot: Also hoping that Jazmine & Danielle made it further than Zambia (based on the timeline thread). I keep in mind what Peach said, "Just because they were not seen means they were eliminated." So there is hope and we'll know it when we see the season. Can't wait. I'm guessing its another great season like TAR 25, maybe even better.  :cheer:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:16:22 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2015, 07:21:32 AM »
Also hoping that Jazmine & Danielle made it further than Zambia (based on the timeline thread). I keep in mind what Peach said, "Just because they were not seen means they were eliminated." So there is hope and we'll know it when we see the season. Can't wait.

I doubt that there will be F11/10/9 NEL (We have F9 NEL in last season), so I predict F8 NEL (Africa NEL as always). It would mean that J/D made at least leg 5 in Zimbabwe. One of J/D and young couple(forgot their names) were probably eliminated in 7th leg(Leg 6 TBC, we know F6). I HOPE for J/D.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
Also hoping that Jazmine & Danielle made it further than Zambia (based on the timeline thread). I keep in mind what Peach said, "Just because they were not seen means they were eliminated." So there is hope and we'll know it when we see the season. Can't wait.

I doubt that there will be F11/10/9 NEL (We have F9 NEL in last season), so I predict F8 NEL (Africa NEL as always). It would mean that J/D made at least leg 5 in Zimbabwe. One of J/D and young couple(forgot their names) were probably eliminated in 7th leg(Leg 6 TBC, we know F6). I HOPE for J/D.

That's Joey & Kelsey, dating news anchor.

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2015, 09:56:53 AM »
Happy that Tiffany & Krista are the only team confirmed in the final 4 <333
They make me think of Vanessa & Celina <3
Just hoping that Jazmine & Danielle actually went far. There's still a bit of hope <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »
how about we use the contestant thread to ..I dunno....discuss the CONTESTANTS? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2015, 12:15:06 PM »
Can we not bitch, moan, and squeal about the contestants here? .................