Author Topic: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**  (Read 78023 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARP 2! (The Amazing Race Philippines) **SHOW DISCUSSION HERE**
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 07:25:16 AM »
I thought the chefs will get a 1st after their 3rd-to-10th mistake last leg. Oh well.

I doubt Luz & Chen's survival. :( Daniel & Charlie left before sunset, and they left when the sky was already pitch black. :( I wonder why they were fighting.

The funniest moment of the episode: RR & Jeck buying and drinking mango shakes while doing the sandcastles. :lol: :funny: IIRC, they said they deserved it. :lol: :funny:

By the way, the task scores a zero in originality, but it's one of my favorite tasks of all time. :hearts: So for me, I love it. :lol:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 07:48:46 AM »
I thought the chefs will get a 1st after their 3rd-to-10th mistake last leg. Oh well.

I doubt Luz & Chen's survival. :( Daniel & Charlie left before sunset, and they left when the sky was already pitch black. :( I wonder why they were fighting.

The funniest moment of the episode: RR & Jeck buying and drinking mango shakes while doing the sandcastles. :lol: :funny: IIRC, they said they deserved it. :lol: :funny:

By the way, the task scores a zero in originality, but it's one of my favorite tasks of all time. :hearts: So for me, I love it. :lol:

Yep, just by seeing the preview for tomorrow, now for sure Luz/Chen are goners in the 2nd leg :( however I commend them for not giving up despite arriving in last place, and that's what I love about them :)

Excited to see the Church of Saint Martin de Tours pitstop tomorrow so excited  :hearts:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
The pit stop episode last week is better. This one is quite dull. :stare

Anyway, that's such a sad ending story for the eliminated team.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 10:27:14 AM »
Lol at Derek being the greeter at the same time!  :funny: I wonder why there's no greeter this leg.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »
Lol at Derek being the greeter at the same time!  :funny: I wonder why there's no greeter this leg.
I think the big Jesus statue was the greeter!

Offline CYew

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2014, 05:15:29 PM »
This leg was pretty okay. Just for the lack of sprinting task from hell, it already makes it a better leg than the first one. However, I'm not too fond of the bunching before the detour or the dreaded ferriss wheel task which majorly screwed my faves. Onto my cast rankings!

1 - Avy & Tina - Sister teams are something I really miss on modern TAR, and Bumbling Blondes is one of my favorite archetypes, so Avy & Tina to bumble**** their way to the top! <3333
2 - Roch & Eji - I get a "strong independent woman" vibes from Roch, and Eji is a cutie pie.
3 - AJ & Jody - I generally really like Father/Child interactions and this team is no exception. Plus, AJ is such an adorable old man <3
4 - JP & Kelvin - They seem like a team I'd hate, but I kinda love their obnoxiousness? Plus, leftover love from the "Are you twins?" moment last leg.
5 - Luz & Chen - Although I'm still pissed they let Jet & Yna win the sprinting task, I felt bad for their elimination because they were strong women with plenty of potential to do well.
6 - Jeck & RR - On one hand, I hated their pathetic performance at the rock climbing Roadblock. On the other hand, I was fond of them summoning smoothies out of nowhere during the sand castle task.
7 - Vince & Ed - They're solidly okay.
8 - Jet & Yna - I'm still pissed Luz & Chen let them win the sprinting task last leg. And they're boring.
9 - Matt & Phoebe - I was indifferent on them until Matt became an ass to Phoebe by kicking sand in her face and telling her to **** off. Just no.
10 - Daniel & Charlie - Daniel's face makes me want to punch him... in the face. He has the most stereotypical "I'm a douchebag" face ever, and their personalities prove that. Also not fond of their constant swearing.
"The crackers were probably bad luck anyway..."

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »
Is it just me, or is there no episode today? ???

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2014, 07:13:11 AM »
It's now at 9pm!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2014, 07:21:30 AM »
It's now at 9pm!

Oh, thanks for the info! :) Is this just for today?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:15 AM »
Cast Rankings as of Beginning of Leg 3:

RR & Jeck- Hilarious. I don't like them quitting, but it was really fun to see them completely melt down at the Roadblock and quit, perform really well at the Detour, only to take a mango shake break during the sandcastle challenge, and STILL survive the leg :lol: I hope they go far!  :hrt:

Avy & Tina- A quiet leg, but they're still amazing so <3

AJ & Jody- Their random meltdowns are TV gold and I love them not to mention AJ is great <3 :lol:

Matt & Phoebe- Their random fights and meltdowns are great. Like them!

Jet & Yna- It was nice to see more personality from them, hope it continues!

Roch & Eji- Ditto!

Vince & Ed- Eh. They're alright.

*major gap*

JP & Kelvin- I didn't appreciate their camwhoring to Luz & Chen when they finished the Ferris Wheel task. Nor did I appreciate them camwhoring even more when they finished the sandcastle challenge. Absolutely annoying and cringe-worthy to watch.

*even bigger gap*

Daniel & Charlie- Kings of Camwhoring! :res: I hate them racing so terribly yet they stay in it. They don't seem like they want to be here at all, and considering we lost two great teams in a row, they must go now.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2014, 07:22:43 AM »
It's now at 9pm!

It's now everyday at 9PM.  :hrt:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2014, 07:31:27 AM »
It's now at 9pm!

It's now everyday at 9PM.  :hrt:

Oh okay. Thanks for the info! :)
(Now I wonder why I missed this info.)

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2014, 08:51:11 AM »
This episode is interesting to see Jeck not go with an alliance with the bottom group :funny: and as for Juan D the swearing continues, they just keep messing up by not reading their clue  :groan: a mistake like that cost countless teams the race  :gaah:

And what the heck is Jody doing in wattpad episode?  :funny: well if being a contestant on TARP makes you an instant celebrity, then I'd like to see Avy or Tina in a future episode  :funny:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »
This episode is interesting to see Jeck not go with an alliance with the bottom group :funny: and as for Juan D the swearing continues, they just keep messing up by not reading their clue  :groan: a mistake like that cost countless teams the race  :gaah:

It's RR, not Jeck.
If Juan D keeps that up, they won't stay for long. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »
Yay for the chefs! :wohoo: I hope they don't lose their lead. I hope the blondes catch up.

Jet & Yna are strong targets, but I'm not sure if the back pack alliance is targeting them for being rich or for being strong.

The fights next leg are quite... hmmm... ??? I don't know, I'll just have to wait and see. :lol: I remember RR and Yna, JP & Kelvin. About RR and Yna, I think Jeck & RR will agree voting the siblings on the next U-turn. :lol:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:06 AM »

It's RR, not Jeck.
If Juan D keeps that up, they won't stay for long. :lol:

Oh yeah, sorry for that, I keep messing their names up, same with the father and son sometimes  :funny:

And Lol for another AJ/Jody meltdown for the Bangus Festival dancing task  :funny:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:20:36 AM by LeonardTheKoala »

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »
This season is already way better than Season 1. Teams + Challenges + Drama and Meltdowns! So amazing to watch even with the one challenge per day format.  :res:

Team Rankings (after Leg 2)
1. RR/Jeck - they win the most entertaining team of the season. So many glorious moments and quotable quotes.
2. Matt/Phoebe - Super competitive but still fun to watch! I really like them. Probably better than 80% of dating couples we've seen in TAR US. I'm waiting for their meltdown. :lol: Their mini fight during last leg's sandcastle task was cute.  :hrt:
3. AJ/Jody - I love Jody scolding his dad everytime. :lol: Just keep pushing your dad and he'll be a better racer! LOL at their fights, so natural!
4. Avy/Tina - Is it me or Tina looks like Jaycee Parker (former Viva Hot Babes) :lol: Anyway, I always am rooting for blonde teams and they're no exemption. Super amazing! Love them. <3
5. Charlie/Daniel - I really thought this team would at least finish top 3 or 5 in the first two legs because I consider them as alpha males pre-race. But heck, #Bottomgods for the first two legs. :lol: I like them making a lot of mistakes but still managed to survive each leg. Their swearing though. Painful to hear those *bleep* on TV!  (:;)

*Gap*
6. JP/Kelvin - too nice! Nice guys always finish last, but Daniel/Ryan proved that wrong. Let's see what's gonna happen with them. Right now, I'm neutral towards them.
7. Roch/Eji - Meh team so far. Show more personality. 

*Gap*
 8. Jet/Yna - Jet is annoying but I like Yna. I hated them for begging Luz/Chen to throw their duel so they could get their clue. I mean, you can't beat the Travel Buddies?  :res: Then, Jet asking the other two teams after the cart race to wait each other before proceeding. WTF. This is a race.  :res:
9. Ed/Vince - WTF  with the math equation at the Sky Eye challenge. :lol: Yes, they're smart but nothing amusing or special about them.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2014, 08:32:08 PM »
Yay, for change of time. I can't watch it because I usually go home around 9pm.

Still not familiar with all the teams. Just read an article from a Filipino newspaper that Luz and Chen are still not in speaking terms until now.
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2014, 06:43:12 AM »
TV5 has FINALLY uploaded Week 1's "highlights" episode on their YouTube channel!  :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

For people who can't catch up regularly, I recommend watching the highlights because it's basically a TARPH leg in a full thirty minute episode without any of the draggy boring parts.

Just imagine it's a TARUS leg with bad editing and it's fine! :lol:

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
Is it me or did are they skipping a TARP episode tonight ??? It's already 9:30 and that stupid PBA playoff I don't care about is eating TARP's airtime like a parasite  :knuckles:

I wasn't able to watch an episode yesterday so unless they announced a change in schedule, I have no idea  :(  :gaah:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2014, 09:18:23 AM »
Is it me or did are they skipping a TARP episode tonight ??? It's already 9:30 and that stupid PBA playoff I don't care about is eating TARP's airtime like a parasite  :knuckles:

I wasn't able to watch an episode yesterday so unless they announced a change in schedule, I have no idea  :(  :gaah:

No, some air times of TV5 here in the Philippines between Monday to Friday are delayed within 10-50 minutes due to PBA (Philippine Basketball Association) game depending by schedule, equivalent to NFL, and Masters Tournament matches on CBS.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:02:19 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2014, 09:42:41 AM »
The helping reminds me of the "Accidental Alliance" :res:

Don't like it at all and the alliance actually nearly made all of those five teams dead to me.

Current Cast Rank:

RR & Jeck>Avy & Tina>AJ & Jody>>>Jet & Yna>>>Roch & Eji>>>Matt & Phoebe>>>> Vince & Ed>>>>>> Charlie & Daniel>>>>x1000 JP & Kelvin

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »
Poor JP & Kelvin had to suffer another U-turn. :( Having voting U-turns can't be fun if you look like a strong M/M team.

RR is starting to go downhill for me, but I understand that drama goes up anyway, so I'll have to see before I judge and hate. Same goes to JuanD I guess.

Offline LeonardTheKoala

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
The helping reminds me of the "Accidental Alliance" :res:

Don't like it at all and the alliance actually nearly made all of those five teams dead to me.

Current Cast Rank:

RR & Jeck>Avy & Tina>AJ & Jody>>>Jet & Yna>>>Roch & Eji>>>Matt & Phoebe>>>> Vince & Ed>>>>>> Charlie & Daniel>>>>x1000 JP & Kelvin

I agree with you on that, what's the point of a challenge if you are going to give each other answers  :res: That made me doubt the first 5 teams  :res: You hardly see that kind of alliance on U.S. TAR

And I actually agree on two things JP/Kelvin said, the first is just have fun and the second, at some point the so called alliance will turn on each other, and for that JP/Kelvin went up a notch in my book  :wohoo:

You know honestly, the more I watch Vince/Ed in the race, the more I feel they come off as arrogant people just because they're super smart, and I hate teams who show off like that. Ooh you're smart, I get it can we move on with that, puhlease, if you were doing a physical challenge against a strong team you wouldn't last long, what a bunch of aholes  those teams are :res:

I'm definitely switching them with JP/Kelvin as my top team  :wohoo: goodbye Vince/Ed, you're now on the bottom of my list...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:35:39 AM by LeonardTheKoala »

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2014, 10:42:55 AM »
If I were Matt/Phoebe, I won't give them (the alliance) the answer! What's the point of racing if you're just gonna give them answers. Wake up guys! This is a race and not a charity show. I hate Jet and the Nerds.  :res: So annoying! Jet is the one making all these deals so it would benefit him and Yna. He just dragged too many teams in their so-called "alliance".