Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 132757 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
I was thinking on each page we could have a trivia fact about the contents of the page.

Ie TAR 21 had the most roadblocks with 14 (1st/last legs had 2 each + 1 every other leg)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 11:29:50 PM »
I was thinking on each page we could have a trivia fact about the contents of the page.

Ie TAR 21 had the most roadblocks with 14 (1st/last legs had 2 each + 1 every other leg)

Maybe we could have a seperate trivia page?

I think the trivia might clutter up the main season pages if there's too much of it.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 11:44:57 PM »

I think the trivia might clutter up the main season pages if there's too much of it.

I was thinking at the bottom of the related page but a separate trivia page could also work.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »

I was thinking at the bottom of the related page but a separate trivia page could also work.

Agreed, a separate page would be better. A whole page devoted to trivia <3

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
I'm working on James and Abba's page , now!  :wohoo:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:17:13 AM by Declive »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »
Finished James & Abba's page! Can someone take a look to see if i had mess up or anything like that? Thanks!  :hearts:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
Wow, haven't looked at the actual wiki yet, but I'm liking the sound of this idea. :yess:

I will try to do some contributing when time allows. :tup:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »
Thank you Peach for reviewing my page! I think we're all right now , heee

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 10:39:24 AM »
I created an account but I don't think I'll be using it much. :oh

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 10:47:44 AM »
Finished James & Abba's page! Can someone take a look to see if i had mess up or anything like that? Thanks!  :hearts:

I added this part in. :)

Leg 12
Per post race interviews, Abba took six days to obtain a visa to exit Russia, where he lost his passport. Hence, they were still able to make it to the finishing line, unlike Toni & Dallas who were unable to do so in The Amazing Race 13.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
Actually I hate creating pages up from scratch, so if anyone wants me to add/edit your wiki page with more info with my "abundant" TAR knowledge, just drop me a PM with the link and i'll be glad to do it! ;)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »
I did not think of that. Good job , Joab!! Thank you!!  :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 06:36:44 PM »
Updated the Indonesia page with summaries of Leg 3 and 4 for Season 21 and created the Malawi page, still needs some work on it (which is beyond my scope for Wiki editing at the moment) :lol:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:46 AM »
Updated the Indonesia page with summaries of Leg 3 and 4 for Season 21 and created the Malawi page, still needs some work on it (which is beyond my scope for Wiki editing at the moment) :lol:

Thanks for your hard work, your edits look really great!

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »
Made Rob & Kelley and Amy & Daniel , can somebody take a look at it?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »

instead of putting them all on this thread, how if Dom create a new thread titled "RFW Logs and Updates" where we can regularly report back to this headquarter about what we're doing and updating, maybe make a template form such as date, page(s) updated, update explanation, etc..etc..

just my 50 cents.. :js:

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 04:01:13 PM »
I hope we can find a way to use those images (because they do add more information and material, example: pitstop greeters), but yeah I believe they are protected under copyright :(

about this matter, so we cannot upload an image/screenshot from any scenes in the episode?

MrDeerShank

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »
Can I ask, for each page for a country, do we include leg details from international versions? I'm currently doing the page for Turkey and was wondering whether to include the legs from the Australian version?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »

.... I am curiously editing a page (TAR 21 Main Page)....

Did some update on TAR 21 Leg 1 page, but the result board still with TAR 19 template, need help to change the placement and description, thanks so much  :<3

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 06:04:26 PM »
Starting the page for Argentina.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »
Instead of reporting here try to use the talk pages of the respective article and users. Its much easier.

Where would be a good place to report images uploaded? I uploaded cast photos for Seasons 10-18 and am not sure where else I could report it besides here.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:25 AM »
There is a very useful page here: http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges which I like to use to check out what everyone's working on!

about this matter, so we cannot upload an image/screenshot from any scenes in the episode?

Probably safest not to for now..

Can I ask, for each page for a country, do we include leg details from international versions? I'm currently doing the page for Turkey and was wondering whether to include the legs from the Australian version?

Yeah you can definitely include international versions! Check out http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Indonesia to see how it's been done before.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2013, 06:55:28 AM »
Instead of reporting here try to use the talk pages of the respective article and users. Its much easier.

Where would be a good place to report images uploaded? I uploaded cast photos for Seasons 10-18 and am not sure where else I could report it besides here.

Is it legal to upload copyrighted material?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »

Is it legal to upload copyrighted material?

I doubt it very much. However, cast photos are actually released by CBS to the press, so assuming they're not being used for commercial gain, they can be used freely.

Screencaps are a direct derivative of the copyrighted TV show, so that will almost certainly not be allowed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 03:11:09 PM »
Remember that CBS also releases about 10-15 caps themselves of each episode as a press release and then more post-episode...all of thse should be fine to use if properly credited.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.