Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 132738 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Welcome!
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »
Hi everyone!

With a fresh new year upon us, it's time to unveil a brand new and very exciting venture from Reality Fan Forum.

It's called Reality Fan Wiki, and its aim is to become the world's number one resource for all things reality TV. Whether its Amazing Race, Survivor, Big Brother or anything else reality, we want RFW to become the ultimate database for fans and contestants alike. Rob & I have been working hard over the last few months to get everything in place, and I think we finally have the perfect platform to make it happen.

As with any wiki, this isn't going to happen overnight. Just by being a member of Reality Fan Forum, you have already helped make RFF the number one discussion board for reality TV on the net. Now, we need YOUR help again to put RFW on the map.

Sure, Wikipedia is a good place to start for casual fans of reality shows, but we at RFF are anything but casual fans! For more in-depth results, records and contestant information, you often need to turn to one of the fairly messy wiki farm sites, riddled with adverts and unreliable information. Reality Fan Wiki is not hosted on a wiki farm; we have full control on what we do with it and the potential is unlimited.

An ultimate wiki with every scrap of information imaginable is our dream. Becoming known as not just the best reality forum in the world, but the best source of reliable information is what we're aiming for. Now it's up to our great members, you guys, to make it happen!

So get stuck in!

www.realityfanwiki.com
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:59:03 PM by Dom »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Reality Fan Wiki
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
Rob is currently working really hard to get a subforum for RFW set up, where you'll be able to learn more, post questions about the wiki and chat about particular articles. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to post here or PM!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:06 PM »
Thanks to all who suggested this and to Rob and Dom for making it happen!

:wohoo:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »
Just wondering: Can we move our endless Fantasy Game wikia pages over there?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:27 PM »
A good start for the wiki would be to contact maf and use all his great recaps of the recent TAR seasons. They are very detailed and offer a lot more info than wikipedia.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »

i think some might confuse it with the real TAR, so I think it will be confusing to add them there
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 11:24:21 PM »
I'l help out whenever I can.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »
A good start for the wiki would be to contact maf and use all his great recaps of the recent TAR seasons. They are very detailed and offer a lot more info than wikipedia.

Also, there is a lot of info (though not sure if reliable) here:

http://amazingrace.wikia.com
http://survivor.wikia.com
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »

i think some might confuse it with the real TAR, so I think it will be confusing to add them there

I was thinking to add (Fantasy Game) at the end, ie Ovalorange's The Amazing Race Australia (Fantasy Game), because that would keep it relatively uncluttered. And it's still under the realms of RFF. But let's see what the mods think.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 04:01:21 AM »
Congratulations Dom!! This is a wonderful addition to RFF and it will be exciting to see it grow!! I know you and our awesome team of contributors can make this happen! And you are perfect choice to make this happen!

Maf's recaps would be a great addition!

My own thought would be that it would be best to keep the fantasy game board info separate for now. I would hope that this will become the "go to" place for reality TV answers and mixing reality with fantasy could prove confusing to some.  But I am sure Dom amd Rob will have the answer!

Looking forward to seeing this grow!  :hearts:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 04:17:13 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »
Quick question.

What do we do for people/teams who were on multiple shows (Rob and Amber, Brendan and Rache, ect)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:13:59 AM »
Thanks Peach! With regards to the fantasy games, one solution would be to introduce a prefix of 'RFF:'. Anything that refers to activity on RFF could be preceded with RFF: like 'RFF:Amazing Race Fantasy Game'. That way, these pages could be kept separate. What do you guys think?

Quick question.

What do we do for people/teams who were on multiple shows (Rob and Amber, Brendan and Rache, ect)

Good question! What do you reckon would be a good solution? I don't see any reason we couldn't have pages for individuals as well as teams (so one for 'Rob Mariano' etc), even those that were only part of a team in the Amazing Race. The more pages the merrier! :)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 05:47:34 AM »
I made the season 13 general page and it was so much easier than I thought thanks to Dom's templates. The only thing I couldn't do is add in the external link to the website... apparently I don't know what a cat is  :lol3:

Thanks Dom and Rob for doing this, I've always wanted a place with such indepth knowledge of the shows. Let me know if I can help with anything in particular you need!  :hearts:

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 06:12:53 AM »
Thanks Peach! With regards to the fantasy games, one solution would be to introduce a prefix of 'RFF:'. Anything that refers to activity on RFF could be preceded with RFF: like 'RFF:Amazing Race Fantasy Game'. That way, these pages could be kept separate. What do you guys think?

Quick question.

Good question! What do you reckon would be a good solution? I don't see any reason we couldn't have pages for individuals as well as teams (so one for 'Rob Mariano' etc), even those that were only part of a team in the Amazing Race. The more pages the merrier! :)
I am thinking that we don't have fantasy races ect

Thanks for answering my question

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:31:57 AM »
Question: why are screencaps of the episodes not allowed?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:20:28 AM »
Wow. There's a lot of work to do. *rubs hands together*

And I really like the new format. It gives a lot more information than Wikipedia does.  :luvya:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »
Wow. There's a lot of work to do. *rubs hands together*

And I really like the new format. It gives a lot more information than Wikipedia does.  :luvya:

Glad you're enjoying it Airlinesguy! If you have any suggestions on how it could be even better, let us know!

Question: why are screencaps of the episodes not allowed?

Well, I wasn't sure what to do on that front, so if anyone has any experience in this field, let us know! I figured that the actual TV show itself is copyrighted material. Press released images are by definition, fine to distribute and use, but I'd imagine using copyrighted material in any form might get us into trouble..

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:15 AM »
I hope we can find a way to use those images (because they do add more information and material, example: pitstop greeters), but yeah I believe they are protected under copyright :(

And oh, added the TAR 18 Leg 01 page! I'm sure there might be mistakes, so be sure to correct it if you see one! :)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 08:39:17 AM »
Finished TAR1 (haven't had time to beautify it, that's after some good sleep), and I wonder: What is with all the cats?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »
Finished TAR1 (haven't had time to beautify it, that's after some good sleep), and I wonder: What is with all the cats?

Hmm.. That should only be for the one time when you sign up. Do you see the cats at other times as well?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »
How about now?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 01:55:43 PM »
I hope we can find a way to use those images (because they do add more information and material, example: pitstop greeters), but yeah I believe they are protected under copyright :(

And oh, added the TAR 18 Leg 01 page! I'm sure there might be mistakes, so be sure to correct it if you see one! :)

I definitely agree. And GREAT job on the S18 Leg 1 page, it looks perfect already!

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 01:17:41 AM »

:hello2:  Hi all..! just join forces on this great invention  :hrt:

I am curiously editing a page (TAR 21 Main Page) which still has some of TAR 13 template in it... but I'm working on it now as best as I could  :<3

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
A HUUUUUGE thank you to everyone who has helped out so far! It's really starting to take shape and you're all proving that you're very good at this wiki stuff!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 04:30:32 PM »
Good job Dom and Rob! I'll need time to get to it and see what I can help with. :tup:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!