Author Topic: UPDATED (MAY 2012) TAR Australia 2 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread *SPOILERS*  (Read 27092 times)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: TAR Australia 2 TIMELINE/Spoiler Summary Thread *SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 12:57:01 AM »
I must say, it's a pretty impressive route, on par with the US Version

It took a while for a foreign version to circle the world. well, it finally happened
Bring on the 21!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Wait, I'm confused. Don't we already have twelve legs? That don't match up with that timeline? I could have sworn we also had a charter bus spoiler in Turkey, which would make the route something like:

Leg 1: Manila
Leg 2: Legazpi
Leg 3: Delhi
Leg 4: Dubai
Leg 5: Istanbul
Leg 6: Elsewhere in Turkey (Gallipoli?)
Leg 7: Paris
Leg 8: Havana
Leg 9: Vancouver
Leg 10: Banff
Leg 11: Beijing
Leg 12: Brisbane/Fraser Island

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wait, I'm confused. Don't we already have twelve legs? That don't match up with that timeline? I could have sworn we also had a charter bus spoiler in Turkey, which would make the route something like:

Leg 1: Manila
Leg 2: Legazpi
Leg 3: Delhi
Leg 4: Dubai
Leg 5: Istanbul
Leg 6: Elsewhere in Turkey (Gallipoli?)
Leg 7: Paris
Leg 8: Havana
Leg 9: Vancouver
Leg 10: Banff
Leg 11: Beijing
Leg 12: Brisbane/Fraser Island

I don't remember anything regarding a charter bus in Turkey, if you can find where you saw it I'd love to see it. The only charter buses we have spoiled that I can remember are the ones from Vancouver to Banff in Canada.

Personally, I don't even think there's enough time for two legs in Turkey. Teams were racing in Dubai on 27th Nov and in Paris in the early hours of Dec 1st. The time frame is too short for two legs in Turkey IMO. I think we have two legs in India or somewhere near there just like the timeline says :tup:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Personally, I don't even think there's enough time for two legs in Turkey. Teams were racing in Dubai on 27th Nov and in Paris in the early hours of Dec 1st. The time frame is too short for two legs in Turkey IMO.

We have three full days. Three days could easily be a one-day leg on the 28th in Istanbul, followed by a 24-hour Pit Stop and an overnight bus ride from Istanbul to Gallipoli on the 29th before a day leg on the 30th.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
I agree with both of you guys, on the one hand there is a large enough gap to have 2 legs in India comfortably, but at the same time I wouldn't think they'd pass the opportunity to visit Gallipoli if they do go to Turkey, even if ANZAC day has passed (especially for emotional appeal).
However I think the NEL's are a bit early this season and it looks like we have a NEL at the end of the first episode or a TBC leg in Philippines. Once in India someone spotted the supposed last team not really getting 'eliminated' (I think it was Adam & Dane) so it makes me think that it was a NEL but either them of Sue & Teresa get eliminated in the following Indian leg if there is one.

Or perhaps they will pull a shocker ala TAR US season 19 and have a NEL followed by a double elimination if there is a second Indian leg where both of those above teams are eliminated? I'm just thinking what producers may do to up the ante this season.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
If we could have the link to the charter bus spoiler that would help sort this out.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
If we could have the link to the charter bus spoiler that would help sort this out.
Could a charter bus in Istanbul to Gallipoli potentially be squished all into 1 leg? The cities are only a few hundred kilometres away from each other I think.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Quite right. Gallipoli is 310km (195 miles).

Offline JordanJones123

• RFF Full Member
  • Jet and Cord should have won!
Great job on the timeline :) but just wondering, what would an 'Iconic destination never before visited in race history' be from this timeline? the amazing race australia 2s wiki says that there is going to be an iconic destination never visited in race history... Gallipolli? :umn:  :duno: :duno:
Jet and Cord are still the best!!! Bring them back!

'Maybe God didn't bless me so much with talent, but he gave me try'

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
Great job on the timeline :) but just wondering, what would an 'Iconic destination never before visited in race history' be from this timeline? the amazing race australia 2s wiki says that there is going to be an iconic destination never visited in race history... Gallipolli? :umn:  :duno: :duno:

Might mean Havana

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think Cuba as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

MrDeerShank

Because of the confirmation of the UK a while back, would that fit in after Turkey or would they go France first?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Welcome to RFF , MrDeerShank!!

I think it would go after France!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard