Author Topic: TAR Australia TV Ratings  (Read 32538 times)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
TAR Australia TV Ratings
« on: May 16, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
The first episode ratings are in! Not too bad! 1,258,000 viewers nationally. 5th highest show of the day over all networks.

To give you a run down, basically any show that gets over 1 million is considered very good.

The real test is episode 2, if it drops below the million, then Channel 7 may push the times back to later in the night (which the networks over here tend to do very often).

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/05/week-21-4.html
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR Australia TV Ratings
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:59:59 PM »
Slight drop in viewer numbers for the 2nd episode. 1,144,000 viewers nationally.

It won it's timeslot but dropped slightly to 7th most watch show of the day.

The show is pulling pretty good numbers but we need these figures to stay strong for any chance of the show being renewed.

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/05/week-22-3.html
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
Episode 3 ratings were 1,135,000 viewers nationally.

Good to see people are still staying with the show and not dropping off too much. However it will be interesting to see if there's any loss next week due to the Big W women being elimintated??

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:16:44 PM »
Episode 4 brought a slightly higher ratings!! 1,165,000 viewers nationally. Seems like the loss of the Big W women did not affect the viewer.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:49:33 PM »
It looks like we're hitting the 1 million mark consistently, hopefully that stays all season. I daresay that if it stays at these numbers, the show will be renewed.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »
Episode 5, still bringing in consistant ratings! 1,161,000 viewers nationally.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 03:48:21 AM »
Luckily viewers didn't go down after Anne-Marie & Tracy's elimination, but maybe Mo & Mos' elimination may (hopefully not) affect the numbers this week, as a lot of people I know loved them.

Fingers crossed that numbers stay high, as I want to race in five years' time, lol...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 04:48:36 AM »
I do think the numbers will remain because this first season is AWESOME. :tup:

Great to see TAR Australia doing so well! :tup: :tup:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 04:52:33 AM »
We're currently sitting pretty consistently in 9th place for the week, so numbers like that should warrant a season 2 at least.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 05:04:16 AM »
We're currently sitting pretty consistently in 9th place for the week, so numbers like that should warrant a season 2 at least.
Yeah, it is looking good! I'm really loving  (almost) everything about the first ever TAR Australia, and I definitely think it has exceeded expectations.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 06:22:46 PM »
A lift in viewers for episode 6! 1,213,000 viewers nationally and up to 7th overall for the day. It's still winning its timeslot.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 03:21:44 AM »
A lift in viewers for episode 6! 1,213,000 viewers nationally and up to 7th overall for the day. It's still winning its timeslot.

I think viewers just want to know what is going on with lovely Chris & Anastasia :lol:
They have created a lot of dramas :lol:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 03:58:15 AM »
This show deserves a 2nd season so much.  I honestly at this point dont know what season of Tar I have actually liked more 6 episodes in.  I am amazed at how much I love it.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:56:05 PM »
A drop in figures for Episode 7. Down to  1,075,000 viewers nationally. Maybe a result of episode 6 not being as exciting? Its important that it stays above the 1 million mark otherwise it could be hit or miss that they will re-new the show for season 2. Lets hope!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 12:06:38 AM »
A drop in figures for Episode 7. Down to  1,075,000 viewers nationally. Maybe a result of episode 6 not being as exciting? Its important that it stays above the 1 million mark otherwise it could be hit or miss that they will re-new the show for season 2. Lets hope!

Prague was so beautiful in Episode 6 - one of the most stunning places on Earth, so I was surprised the ratings went down.

Hopefully they will hype up the passports and the TBC this week, as that could get more viewers!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 01:19:26 AM »
When Australia drops in ratings.. they drop by alot huh?! :lol:

Almost 200k in numbers!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 02:54:59 AM »
200K doesn't sound like a lot, but remember it's over 15% of the total audience.

I think it's kind of touch and go already, to be honest -- it's not doing as well as Seven expected anyway (I'm sure they'd have been hoping for about 1.5mil+), and Australia's Got Talent is doing better on a much smaller budget.

Part of the problem is they underestimated the audience -- the reason the US version hasn't been rating well is because they've been delaying it for so long and dumping it in a set of "special" two-hour episodes. By that point, everyone who's interested has already downloaded it. And it stands to reason that people who like the show enough to download one they can watch on TV would at least be aware enough to keep up with TAR Asia through the Wiki page, if not actually downloading it as well. I don't think it was a coincidence that the two episodes with the biggest audience drops happened right after the two episodes that were pretty much carbon copies of TAR Asia legs.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 04:56:11 AM »
200K doesn't sound like a lot, but remember it's over 15% of the total audience.

I think it's kind of touch and go already, to be honest -- it's not doing as well as Seven expected anyway (I'm sure they'd have been hoping for about 1.5mil+), and Australia's Got Talent is doing better on a much smaller budget.

Part of the problem is they underestimated the audience -- the reason the US version hasn't been rating well is because they've been delaying it for so long and dumping it in a set of "special" two-hour episodes. By that point, everyone who's interested has already downloaded it. And it stands to reason that people who like the show enough to download one they can watch on TV would at least be aware enough to keep up with TAR Asia through the Wiki page, if not actually downloading it as well. I don't think it was a coincidence that the two episodes with the biggest audience drops happened right after the two episodes that were pretty much carbon copies of TAR Asia legs.

Its a bit of a disappointment because this was the best leg yet, in my eyes. The route markers were good, the plug for Canon fit in quite well. I thought the penalty for getting the wrong guy was great. (Anybody else miss the intentionally ambiguous clues in TAR 1, particularly Paris?)

The Detour choice was patently obvious (Seriously, NEVER do a food task if you can help it) but still provided good moments.

Even though the Roadblock is very self serving, the scenery of the church (and the creepiness of the bone church) more than makes up for it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »

Its a bit of a disappointment because this was the best leg yet, in my eyes. The route markers were good, the plug for Canon fit in quite well. I thought the penalty for getting the wrong guy was great. (Anybody else miss the intentionally ambiguous clues in TAR 1, particularly Paris?)

The Detour choice was patently obvious (Seriously, NEVER do a food task if you can help it) but still provided good moments.

Even though the Roadblock is very self serving, the scenery of the church (and the creepiness of the bone church) more than makes up for it.

I agree that this leg was great, but it'd probably be my second favorite leg (after Leg 5). I still can't get over that Bone Church, it's driving me insane every time I think about it! :umn:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »

I also think that another contributing factor in the rating drop is the advertising by Seven. Episode 1 had the highest number of viewers, and in the week(s) leading up to that episode, there was a TARAus commercial in almost every ad break. Episode 2 also had a fair few ads, but after that, you don't even start seeing the TARAus commercial until Thursday or Friday, and loads of people probably don't see the commercial, if they don't watch Seven on the weekends.

Also, some of the commercials have been really great (such as Chris & Anastasia's massive argument in South Africa - I'm sure at least a couple of thousand people would've tuned in JUST for that argument, as I know a fair few people myself who would fall into this category). The commercial for Episode 7 showed Matt & Tom's passports and a policeman coming up to them - not very exciting stuff in my opinion. They could've maybe advertised the Farmers "lying" to the Models, or perhaps Dave & Kelly's ice-hockey pain, as that was much more exciting stuff.

Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait and see how the latter half of the season plays out, but I think this has been a great season so far, so my fingers are crossed for a renewal...

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 04:50:54 AM »
8:36PM start tonight!
Last week we had the Tomic tennis game at the same time which may have contributed to the drop in viewers.
A new show 'Can of Worms' is also starting tonight but I don't think it'll be too much of a concern.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »
Still just above the 1 million mark for episode 8. 1,032,000 viewers nationally. It had some competition from a new show on a rival network but still just clung on to 1st in its timeslot.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »
TAR Australia is too good to not have a second season, I hope these numbers rise
Bring on the 21!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 10:30:24 PM »
Can of worms?  :lol3:  :lol3: Amazing Race will kill it.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 01:30:40 AM »
Can of worms?  :lol3:  :lol3: Amazing Race will kill it.
Can of Worms was only 100K below Amazing Race, but with a show like that, expect to see a big drop off in numbers for the second episode. I could be wrong however.