Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 629826 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1575 on: December 23, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »
So let me correct it, so it will be the first time that the penultimate leg will be in a South American Country.  Now i got it.  Hope i've done it right.

There's always some confusion, since many people think South America = Latin America.  Latin America refers to all the Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries in the western hemisphere, including Mexico.  But Mexico is clearly part of the North American continent.

Central America is the countries from Guatemala to Panama, inclusive.

The islands in the Caribbean are actually in North America for the most part.

South America is everything south of Panama.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #1576 on: December 23, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
Has it been speculated or confirmed that the TAR 18 premier will be longer than one hour?  Does anyone believe that the first episode of a season would end without a team being eliminated?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1577 on: December 23, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
Has it been speculated or confirmed that the TAR 18 premier will be longer than one hour?  Does anyone believe that the first episode of a season would end without a team being eliminated?

We don't know how long the premier will be at this point in time. We don't know where the premier will end-whether at the TBC point or in Broken Hill-at this point in time. However, I could have missed some information at some point. :)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1578 on: December 23, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »
Other than the announced premiere date of February 20th, and the assumed start time being the usual 8 pm, EST, CBS has not announced anything about the length or content of the first episode.

In all likelihood, CBS will announce the teams and the schedule for that night in late January.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1579 on: December 23, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »
Peach........as to the train trip from Vienna to Zurich......

The main line splits at Innsbruck. To the right (north) it the route to Munich. Straight ahead (west) is the route through the Tyrol and Black Forrest to Frankfurt. At Lauterach, Austria, it splits again....to the left the trains cross the Rhein at St. Margrethen, Switzerland and head back south to Sargans on the Swiss side of the Rhein and then on to Zurich.

If teams did take the overnight EN (EuroCity Night) train or the RJ (Railjet) train, they could exit the train at Buchs SG station in Buchs, Switzerland and either walk, drive or ride across the bridge over the Rhein to enter Liechtenstein. There are no trains to Liechtenstein. The bridge at Buchs seems to be the main entry to Liechtenstein. There are only about 6-7 bridges. To me, they could have done tasks in both Liechtenstein and in the Buchs/Sargans area. It is only about 10-11 miles from Buchs to Sargans.

After finishing in Liechtenstein/Buchs/Sargans, I would assume that one of the Swiss Regional or Interregional trains would have been better to get back to or onward to Zurich. They are more numerous than waiting for the long distance trains.

The spoiler got on the IR 1776 at Ziegelbruecke, Switzerland, which is about 1/3 the way from Sargans to Zurich.

As apskip pointed out.....it is easier to fly to Zurich from Vienna, then take the train from Zurich to Buchs SG. Unless Production did another rolling pit stop and used the train from Vienna to Buchs SG. One thing I have noticed in TAR 18, is what I call a "rally point." By that, I mean that park/courtyard in Sydney where all the teams hung out for a while and the same thing in Lijiang......where those people talked to Christina. Production may have been doing this all along and I just never noticed it till now. If they did have a pit stop around Liechtenstein, Buchs or Sargans.......K/J could have been in transit to another "rally point" in Zurich or to their hotel in Zurich before the next leg. Or as speculated before, they are eliminated and on the way to a hotel/flight to Brasil. I would think that Production would want to separate the teams on the way to Zurich to keep them from all being noticed......maybe.

Someone mentioned what a small country Liechtenstein is.......yes it is one of those small European pincipalities.......but I just think of Liechtenstein as a very large bank.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:24:56 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1580 on: December 23, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
Other than the announced premiere date of February 20th, and the assumed start time being the usual 8 pm, EST, CBS has not announced anything about the length or content of the first episode.

In all likelihood, CBS will announce the teams and the schedule for that night in late January.

the schnauzers.........When do the networks announce their spring schedules to the trades?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1581 on: December 23, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »

As apskip pointed out.....it is easier to fly to Zurich from Vienna, then take the train from Zurich to Buchs SG. Unless Production did another rolling pit stop and used the train from Vienna to Buchs SG. One thing I have noticed in TAR 18, is what I call a "rally point." By that, I mean that park/courtyard in Sydney where all the teams hung out for a while and the same thing in Lijiang......where those people talked to Christina. Production may have been doing this all along and I just never noticed it till now. If they did have a pit stop around Liechtenstein, Buchs or Sargans.......K/J could have been in transit to another "rally point" in Zurich or to their hotel in Zurich before the next leg. Or as speculated before, they are eliminated and on the way to a hotel/flight to Brasil. I would think that Production would want to separate the teams on the way to Zurich to keep them from all being noticed......maybe.

Someone mentioned what a small country Liechtenstein is.......yes it is one of those small European pincipalities.......but I just think of Liechtenstein as a very large bank.

This is some very good information, Doc! I have also noticed the "rally points" throughout this season and this could explain why KJ were not racing while on the train.

Liechtenstein is the world's largest producer of sausage casings and false teeth.  :stirtp: You would think the Race could use that somehow.  :snics:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:11:13 PM by The Prophet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1582 on: December 23, 2010, 04:51:33 PM »

the schnauzers.........When do the networks announce their spring schedules to the trades?

Some announcements have already been made; CBS posted one on Monday for some shows that will premiere as late as April.

If you mean the more detailed scheduling, it's usually about a month before the air date, but details for some shows such as TAR, might only be a week ahead. I've also noticed that sweeps months (February, May) tend to be three or four weeks ahead so that trade and entertainment publications can schedule their articles. My suggesting late January is based on February being a sweeps month, and usually (but not always), one can piece together a planned extended episode. (One good source for this are the show pages at the Futon Critic; (link) At the moment they've projected the 12 episodes, and a preemption on April 3rd, so that the finale would be on May 15th. So they don't have any further details yet, either.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #1583 on: December 23, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
Liechtenstein is the world's largest producer of sausage casings and false teeth.  :stirtp: You would think the Race could use that somehow.  :snics:
What an awesome fact! That could make an interesting Detour! :cmas22
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1584 on: December 23, 2010, 07:03:40 PM »
Liechtenstein is the world's largest producer of sausage casings and false teeth.  :stirtp: You would think the Race could use that somehow.  :snics:
If memory serves me right, there was a sausage detour in All-Stars (making sausage ropes and consuming them cooked) and there was a false teeth task in TAR 14, IIRC.
If it wasn't AS, then it was TAR 9 as I remember Eric being at that task.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1585 on: December 23, 2010, 07:11:56 PM »
For a really insightful discussion about the cold weather in Europe, and the strange start to the winter weather this year in the Northern Hemisphere, here's a blog entry posted today by Dr. Jeff Masters, the co-founder of Weather Underground.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1586 on: December 23, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »
If memory serves me right, there was a sausage detour in All-Stars (making sausage ropes and consuming them cooked) and there was a false teeth task in TAR 14, IIRC.

You're right, I remember those too. I think it was AS b/c Dustin and Kandice did it too.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1587 on: December 24, 2010, 02:09:34 AM »
They made sausage in TAR 6 in Berlin.......then ate them in Krakow in TAR 11 in the intersection.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #1588 on: December 24, 2010, 12:08:03 PM »
.......then ate them in Krakow in TAR 11 in the intersection.

Mmmmmmm Kielbasa!
 :cmas26

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1589 on: December 24, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
One of my all time favorite detours.  :lol3:

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1590 on: December 24, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »

You're right, I remember those too. I think it was AS b/c Dustin and Kandice did it too.

The teeth were from season 14 i remember margie doing the task they had to fix someone's teeth in Thailand.

Yes. The detour was either the karaoke taxi, or fitting the right dentures to people. Margie didn't seem to mind doing it because she'd been a dental nurse/nurse. I can't remember now accurately.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1591 on: December 24, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »
One of my all time favorite detours.  :lol3:

It was followed by the knight and armor task involving the horse. Funny line: "Come on, horsey. Would you like a sausage?"
:lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #1592 on: December 24, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »
I think that Krakow leg in All-Stars was made for Charla! :cmaslol :mas25
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1593 on: December 26, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Do we know who the final three teams are?  I am not computer prolific, but I do find my way around the forum eventually.  If this info is posted anywhere a hint would  be helpful.  Any boyscouts out there.:<)
MERRY CHRISTMAS :cmastree :cmastree  :cmas51 :cmas23 :xmas110 :kisses :cmas26 :cmas9 :xmas49 :cmas16

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1594 on: December 26, 2010, 02:38:45 PM »
Do we know who the final three teams are?  I am not computer prolific, but I do find my way around the forum eventually.  If this info is posted anywhere a hint would  be helpful.  Any boyscouts out there.:<)
MERRY CHRISTMAS :cmastree :cmastree  :cmas51 :cmas23 :xmas110 :kisses :cmas26 :cmas9 :xmas49 :cmas16

Merry Christmas to you to, kalida!
As far as I know, we do not have concrete evidence as to who the F3 teams of TAR 18 are, but we have some educated guesses...

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1595 on: December 26, 2010, 03:19:42 PM »
Do we know who the final three teams are?  I am not computer prolific, but I do find my way around the forum eventually.  If this info is posted anywhere a hint would  be helpful.  Any boyscouts out there.:<)
MERRY CHRISTMAS :cmastree :cmastree  :cmas51 :cmas23 :xmas110 :kisses :cmas26 :cmas9 :xmas49 :cmas16

As far as I know, we do not have concrete evidence as to who the F3 teams of TAR 18 are, but we have some educated guesses...
I'm not sure the word "we" means that it speaks for everyone because I am sure many here know the final 3, they just choose not to give that info out to the public.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1596 on: December 26, 2010, 03:25:04 PM »

I'm not sure the word "we" means that it speaks for everyone because I am sure many here know the final 3, they just choose not to give that info out to the public.

I think that if concrete evidence existed, Peach would have told us by now.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1597 on: December 26, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »

I think that if concrete evidence existed, Peach would have told us by now.
:cmaslol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1598 on: December 26, 2010, 10:49:34 PM »

As always, the first and second post of the TimeLine thread has updated info.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23631.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1599 on: December 29, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »
I'm still not sure whether it is true but once I saw a comment in a youtube video of TAR 17 finale that mentions Kynt and Vyxsin got eliminated in India (againnn...... :cmas4 )