Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 630291 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1400 on: December 13, 2010, 05:48:41 AM »
Quick summary of that leg in TARLA please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline racing_sausageWI

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1401 on: December 13, 2010, 06:50:48 AM »

This summary is from Wikipedia, which I know isn't always reliable, but in this instance, I figured it was ok to use.

Leg 1 (Brazil)
    * Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, Brazil Brazil (Parque Nacional do Iguaçu – Mirante Garganta do Diabo) (Starting Line)
    * Foz do Iguaçu (Parque Nacional do Iguaçu – Garganta do Diabo Falls (Portuguese))
    * Foz do Iguaçu (Parque Nacional do Iguaçu – Cânion Iguaçu)
    * Flight: Foz do Iguaçu (Foz do Iguaçu International Airport) to Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
    * Porto Alegre (Hotel Deville) (Overnight Rest)
    * Gramado (Portico Taquara) >Detour (Flores or Árbol)<
    * Gramado (Mini Mundo)
    * Gramado (Hotel Ritta Höppner) >Pit Stop (Leg 1)<

The Detour in this leg was Flores o Árbol ("Flowers or Tree"). In Flores, teams made their way to Lago Negro. Once there, teams had to take a swan boat out and paddle to the other shore to pick up a basket of flowers from a villager. Then they had to go back to the dock and give the basket to a female villager to receive their next clue. In Árbol, teams made their way to the Aldeia Do Papai Noel. Once in the village, teams searched in the "Arvore dos desejos" for a "Mimo" with their names written on it, which they had to give to a Goblin in order to receive their next clue.

Additional tasks

* In Garganta do Diabo Falls, teams were instructed to find their bikes in Espaço Naipi and then ride to Mirante 2. There, they had to walk to the Canion Iguaçu entrance. In the entrance was the cluebox with their next clue.
    * In Canion Iguaçu, teams had to rappel down to the Iguaçu River shore. At the shore, teams needed to raft 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) down the river to Puerto Macuco dock. The cluebox with their next clue was waiting at the dock.
    * In Mini Mundo, teams had to find five characters that were hidden in some models of the park. They needed to match the characters with the places where they were hiding. After they were approved, teams received their next clue.

jiajia12

« Reply #1402 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:30 AM »
I think you this one

Manaus (Eduardo Gomes International Airport) to Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport)
Rio de Janeiro (Hotel Copacabana Sol)
Rio de Janeiro (Sugarloaf Mountain Tram)
Rio de Janeiro (Iate Clube do Rio de Janeiro (Portuguese))
Rio de Janeiro (São Conrado Beach)
Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana Palace)
Rio de Janerio (Santa Teresa neighborhood - Taller de Getulio)
Rio de Janeiro (Cidade do Samba)
Niterói (Niterói Contemporary Art Museum)

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1403 on: December 13, 2010, 07:01:25 AM »

This summary is from Wikipedia, which I know isn't always reliable, but in this instance, I figured it was ok to use.

Leg 1 (Brazil)
    * Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, Brazil Brazil (Parque Nacional do Iguaçu – Mirante Garganta do Diabo) (Starting Line)
    * Foz do Iguaçu (Parque Nacional do Iguaçu – Garganta do Diabo Falls (Portuguese))
    * Foz do Iguaçu (Parque Nacional do Iguaçu – Cânion Iguaçu)
    * Flight: Foz do Iguaçu (Foz do Iguaçu International Airport) to Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul
    * Porto Alegre (Hotel Deville) (Overnight Rest)
    * Gramado (Portico Taquara) >Detour (Flores or Árbol)<
    * Gramado (Mini Mundo)
    * Gramado (Hotel Ritta Höppner) >Pit Stop (Leg 1)<

The Detour in this leg was Flores o Árbol ("Flowers or Tree"). In Flores, teams made their way to Lago Negro. Once there, teams had to take a swan boat out and paddle to the other shore to pick up a basket of flowers from a villager. Then they had to go back to the dock and give the basket to a female villager to receive their next clue. In Árbol, teams made their way to the Aldeia Do Papai Noel. Once in the village, teams searched in the "Arvore dos desejos" for a "Mimo" with their names written on it, which they had to give to a Goblin in order to receive their next clue.

Additional tasks

* In Garganta do Diabo Falls, teams were instructed to find their bikes in Espaço Naipi and then ride to Mirante 2. There, they had to walk to the Canion Iguaçu entrance. In the entrance was the cluebox with their next clue.
    * In Canion Iguaçu, teams had to rappel down to the Iguaçu River shore. At the shore, teams needed to raft 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) down the river to Puerto Macuco dock. The cluebox with their next clue was waiting at the dock.
    * In Mini Mundo, teams had to find five characters that were hidden in some models of the park. They needed to match the characters with the places where they were hiding. After they were approved, teams received their next clue.

season 2 vist there

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1404 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:41 AM »
It could be possible that Christie & Jodi were invited to be on Unfinished Business, but due to the fact that they are no longer friends anymore,  :cmas4 in a way made them ineligible.  :cmas4  :cmas4  :cmas4

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1405 on: December 13, 2010, 07:03:55 AM »
how many teams are left

jiajia12

« Reply #1406 on: December 13, 2010, 07:06:20 AM »
Could that Twitter guy mistaken TARLA season 2

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1407 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:07 AM »

It appears from his tweets, that he saw "very tall black guys"....which sounds like Flight Time and Big Easy......I dont think that TARLA had any really tall black guys.....from the pics I saw early in the race.
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1408 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:59 AM »
I posted the Miami flights because they will arrive in the US, the earliest. Here are some other Rio to US flights, arriving this morning on the East Coast.....

4) Atlanta--DL60...arriving ~530am EST

5) Charlotte --AW801 (US Airways) ~602am EST

6) NYC
     JJ 8058-- arriving ~520am EST
     AA 256-- arriving ~ 629am EST

I do not know if any teams are on any of these flights.....we have had NO sightings in Rio...which I dont expect to have....Its just a heads up to anyone that would like to follow Twitter and Facebook after the planes arrive in the US.

Dr. Rox, YOour information duplicated exactly what I posted 10 hours earlier on this thread, except that you missed the flight to Washington-Dulles:

Re: TAR 18 *Spoiler* Speculation and Discussion
« Reply #1443 on: December 11, 2010, 11:43:21 AM »

Peach has clarified that she meant landing in Brazil today, not departing Switzerland today. That means that all of the possible flights landed several hours ago. Rio is currently on Daylight Savings time at UTC-2, which puts them 3 hours ahead of the U.S. East Coast this time of year. The last of the flights would have landed by 10am Rio time or 7am this morning.

Anyway, since this creates the possibility that teams could be leaving Rio tomorrow, it was prudent to take another look at the flights from Rio to East Coast cities. Here it is:

Miami
drop JJ8054 because it does not fly Sundays. That leaves:
CO 8531 2158 0345+1
AA904 2226 0426+1

ATL
DL060 2224 0530+1

CLT
DL801 2250 0600+1

IAD
UA 810 (with multiple codeshares) 2350 0624+1

NYC
gain a new flight on Sunday JJ8178 2305 0615+1
AA236 2330 0640+1

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #1409 on: December 13, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »
The most important part of the promo for TAR 18, in my eyes, was when Phil said "And the chance to prove they deserve a second chance."

To me, that almost implies some sort of starting line task to qualify for the top 11.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1410 on: December 13, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »
The most important part of the promo for TAR 18, in my eyes, was when Phil said "And the chance to prove they deserve a second chance."

To me, that almost implies some sort of starting line task to qualify for the top 11.

Uh-oh. Maybe Eric & Lisa got eliminated at the Starting Line again.  :cmas4

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1411 on: December 13, 2010, 07:43:53 AM »
The CBS Early Show presentation of the $1 million check to Nat and Kat is over, with Brook and Claire also there. Brook said they had been invited to be in AR18, but Claire's visible pregnancy prevented it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1412 on: December 13, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
The CBS Early Show presentation of the $1 million check to Nat and Kat is over, with Brook and Claire also there. Brook said they had been invited to be in AR18, but Claire's visible pregnancy prevented it.

Omg!  :cmas4 Well, at least they were invited.   :cmas20

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #1413 on: December 13, 2010, 07:48:09 AM »

Uh-oh. Maybe Eric & Lisa got eliminated at the Starting Line again.  :cmas4

OMG... The irony in that is amazing! :drama :holysheep
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1414 on: December 13, 2010, 07:53:25 AM »

I SO wish Claire wasn't pregnant. I really want to see Brook and Claire again for another season.  :cmas4

Offline USsoccer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1415 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »

I SO wish Claire wasn't pregnant. I really want to see Brook and Claire again for another season.  :cmas4

WOW! Really? That is about the most selfish thing anyone could say...
Wishing someone not to have a baby just so you can be entertained for an hour each week?
And, I doubt they had all the 30+ teams shown in the preview at the starting line. Hope they did though... That would show even more how S14 rocked! Until the first three eliminations I guess... : (

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1416 on: December 13, 2010, 08:22:11 AM »

WOW! Really? That is about the most selfish thing anyone could say...
Wishing someone not to have a baby just so you can be entertained for an hour each week?
And, I doubt they had all the 30+ teams shown in the preview at the starting line. Hope they did though... That would show even more how S14 rocked! Until the first three eliminations I guess... : (

Ugh, moron. How the hell is this selfish? I am happy for Claire. Many people want to see them back. Take that as a complement.

Offline selkie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1417 on: December 13, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »
It's not so much the pregnancy as the timing of it that's a little disappointing. A lot of folks were disappointed that the timing of Christie's pregnancy kept her and Colin off All-Stars and wished that the happy event would have happened a little sooner or later so they could have competed again.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #1418 on: December 13, 2010, 08:25:31 AM »
I'm not sure [apskip] meant it that way. Can't speak for him though. For me, I am happy that Claire is expecting her first child. However, I'm saddened that the race is being taped while she's pregnant.  Even if TAR18 had started taping in March after she delivered, she'd still be unavailable.

So yes, it's a shame that they would have made it (which could have meant no Jaime/Cara) but IMO, family is more important than any race.  No one knew that this year was going to feature a return of past racers, and there's no guarantee that Brook/Claire would have been selected to return.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1419 on: December 13, 2010, 08:34:17 AM »
At least Brooke and Claire were asked... now, someone please explain to me about TAR 13... :cmas28

jiajia12

« Reply #1420 on: December 13, 2010, 08:54:54 AM »
I so wanted Brooke and Claire (hope for another season that can feature them)
I guess Ken and Tina Broke up again. Toni was too old and don't want to. Starr and Nc won
others weren't memorable . The college boys were funny ' Maria sharapova? Annna kourilova lol

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1421 on: December 13, 2010, 09:02:47 AM »

Doesn't Connor work in Korea now? Maybe hes too busy. I'm not sure about Kevin.

Really? Where's the source for that? What kind of work?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1422 on: December 13, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
I guess Ken and Tina Broke up again. Toni was too old and don't want to. Starr and Nc won
others weren't memorable . The college boys were funny ' Maria sharapova? Annna kourilova lol

Umm..as far as I know, Ken & Tina are still together! :angel:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1423 on: December 13, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »

Umm..as far as I know, Ken & Tina are still together! :angel:

Yes they are...check the Racers threads!  :cmas16
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

jiajia12

« Reply #1424 on: December 13, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »

It appears from his tweets, that he saw "very tall black guys"....which sounds like Flight Time and Big Easy......I dont think that TARLA had any really tall black guys.....from the pics I saw early in the race.

Sorry he's description is too clos. To the TARLA leg

I think you this one

Manaus (Eduardo Gomes International Airport) to Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro (Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport)
Rio de Janeiro (Hotel Copacabana Sol)
Rio de Janeiro (Sugarloaf Mountain Tram)
Rio de Janeiro (Iate Clube do Rio de Janeiro (Portuguese))
Rio de Janeiro (São Conrado Beach)
Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana Palace)
Rio de Janerio (Santa Teresa neighborhood - Taller de Getulio)
Rio de Janeiro (Cidade do Samba)
Niterói (Niterói Contemporary Art Museum)