Author Topic: Amazing Race 18 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 938323 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 18 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #525 on: November 27, 2010, 12:30:49 AM »
This is probably nothing but since it is in Japanese it piqued my interest. Hopefully someone can contribute a good translation.

朝からアメリカ人にあーだこーだ言われ、ひと息ついた時先輩に「あれって、CSでやってるAmazing Raceじゃない?!」と言われた 調べたら先月ケアンズで観たアメリカのテレビ番組でした。しかもうちが話した親子、HPに載ってんやん

Step aside everyone, here's the translation:

Some Americans have been gabbing away at me all morning, but when we got a bit of a break, someone senior to me said "Hey, isn't that the Amazing Race that's on C(B)S?" So I looked it up, and sure enough, it was the American TV show that we watched in Cairns (Australia) last month. Not only that, the parent/child team I was talking about is featured on the home page (HP).

It's not clear what homepage this was referring to.

Was this a Tweet?  Do you have the Twitter user name of the person who tweeted this?  I can find out more if you want.

So that's what あーだこーだ means. Oh well, at least my attempt at a translation wasn't that far. :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #526 on: November 27, 2010, 12:31:05 AM »
This is probably nothing but since it is in Japanese it piqued my interest. Hopefully someone can contribute a good translation.

朝からアメリカ人にあーだこーだ言われ、ひと息ついた時先輩に「あれって、CSでやってるAmazing Raceじゃない?!」と言われた 調べたら先月ケアンズで観たアメリカのテレビ番組でした。しかもうちが話した親子、HPに載ってんやん

Step aside everyone, here's the translation:

Some Americans have been gabbing away at me all morning, but when we got a bit of a break, someone senior to me said "Hey, isn't that the Amazing Race that's on C(B)S?" So I looked it up, and sure enough, it was the American TV show that we watched in Cairns (Australia) last month. Not only that, the parent/child team I was talking about is featured on the home page (HP).

It's not clear what homepage this was referring to.

Was this a Tweet?  Do you have the Twitter user name of the person who tweeted this?  I can find out more if you want.

Found it!  Looks like the owner is some girl? who lives in the Chiba prefecture, just east of the Tokyo prefecture.

I could go find out, but I don't think this is a TAR18 lead.

BTW, is TAR17 being shown in Australia pretty much at the same time as it is in the US? (perhaps with a few days delay, like it is in AXN all over Asia except Japan?)
「超たのしい~!♪」
-Tyler McNiven riding a fold-up bike in the night streets of Tokyo, TAR9

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: November 27, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
jasteo: transiting at hk airport and bumped into the amazing race film crew! eggcited!
6 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #528 on: November 27, 2010, 01:10:34 AM »
jasteo: transiting at hk airport and bumped into the amazing race film crew! eggcited!

Yess!Do you think they're flying out again?So no double leg in Japan as many assumed?I've tweeted her asking whether she saw any teams but no reply yet.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #529 on: November 27, 2010, 01:22:52 AM »

Yess!Do you think they're flying out again?So no double leg in Japan as many assumed?I've tweeted her asking whether she saw any teams but no reply yet.

Well, I sure hope she saw some teams.....otherwise it doesnt make much sense. Film crews do not travel without the teams. WRP has been known to use two different production crews.....leapfrogging cities to set things up and be ready for when the teams arrive to coordinate the tasks and challenges.

This was posted at 2:30 pm, Hong Kong time. There was a flight that arrived in HK from Singapore at 2 pm. Looks like she might have been on her way to Beijing......that flight left at 3:00 pm.....so you might not hear from here till she gets there....if that is where she was going.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:57:25 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #530 on: November 27, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »
Kenchan, Australia watches the show a couple of days behind the US this season. The episode shown this Sunday in America will be shown in Australia on Thursday.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #531 on: November 27, 2010, 02:03:56 AM »
Kenchan, Australia watches the show a couple of days behind the US this season. The episode shown this Sunday in America will be shown in Australia on Thursday.

Thanks ovalorange!  That's similar to AXN in Southeast/South Asia. The first time I actually saw TAR was season one on AXN, when I was visiting India. It was the rat temple episode.  How befitting!

Anyway, I found one more tweet, but I am guessing she learned about the TAR18 racers visiting Tokyo either through my fan community on mixi, or through this thread:

@go_leafs_gogo 24 Nov

大好きなテレビ番組の収録を今、まさに、この東京で行われてるらしいと情報を入手。うそーーーーーっ!!!!!!!出くわしたいっ!!!!!!こんな日に限ってガッツリ残業デーだよ。あーどこでレースしてるんやろ。バックパッカー見たら反応してまうわ(笑)

Translation:
I got info that my favorite TV show is being filmed right here in Tokyo!  NO WAY!!!!!!! I want to get off of work!!!!!! But it's days like this that I have to work overtime... Oh, where are they racing? If I see a backpacker, I'll scream! (LOL)

I'll keep lookin'...
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #532 on: November 27, 2010, 02:24:12 AM »
2 photos from our friend who spotted the teams in Kamakura at Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine at around 1:30PM on Thursday 11/25/10.
:hearts:

« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 10:04:21 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #533 on: November 27, 2010, 02:25:41 AM »

Well, I sure hope she saw some teams.....otherwise it doesnt make much sense. Film crews do not travel without the teams. WRP has been known to use two different production crews.....leapfrogging cities to set things up and be ready for when the teams arrive to coordinate the tasks and challenges.

This was posted at 2:30 pm, Hong Kong time. There was a flight that arrived in HK from Singapore at 2 pm. Looks like she might have been on her way to Beijing......that flight left at 3:00 pm.....so you might not hear from here till she gets there....if that is where she was going.

Are you saying the teams are going to Beijing?

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #534 on: November 27, 2010, 02:28:21 AM »
2 photos from our friend who spotted the teams in Kamakura at Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine at around 1:30PM on Friday 11/25/10.
:hearts:
(snip)

AWESOME :yess:
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:32:08 AM by kenchan »
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #535 on: November 27, 2010, 02:38:36 AM »

Are you saying the teams are going to Beijing?

Where the heck did you get that idea? Since you didnt put your location on your profile, I am going to assume you are a native english speaker.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:42:36 AM by DrRox »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #536 on: November 27, 2010, 02:39:10 AM »

Yup,Ill just keep my fingers crossed that she does reply and saw some
teams!!

Also yaii cowboys!! photo evidence is always the best :)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: November 27, 2010, 02:42:33 AM »
2 photos from our friend who spotted the teams in Kamakura at Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu Shrine at around 1:30PM on Friday 11/25/10.

Correction: Thursday 25 Nov, right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #538 on: November 27, 2010, 02:47:40 AM »
Sorry, yes....Nov 25 is the important bit!  :colors
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #539 on: November 27, 2010, 02:49:54 AM »
Our friend who spotted the teams on the delayed Cathy Pacific flight kindly looked at photos for us. She says:

For sure, mm saw Jaime and Cara, Margie and Luke, Mel and Mike, Goths

Maybe: Zev and Justin, Cowboys, Gary and Mallory

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #540 on: November 27, 2010, 02:50:22 AM »
Neobie.......you need to work your magic on that girl from Singapore...as soon as she lands.

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #541 on: November 27, 2010, 03:04:24 AM »
"is there like an amazing race going on in kb nw? Many ppl running around town"

From Twitter.Asked for more details.Don't even know what kb is so don't know if this is even relevant.

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #542 on: November 27, 2010, 03:10:23 AM »
Sorry, yes....Nov 25 is the important bit!  :colors

I feel your pain, Peach. Working across the date line is driving me nuts. I have to have a window open to a World Clock website all the time........just so I can what time it is.....lol

My bad on this one! I put the wrong day of the week on the Narita sighting - which I just corrected... Sorry about that.
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #543 on: November 27, 2010, 03:15:07 AM »

possibly they're the crew in charge of tasks for the next location.

and without sightings until now, it's pretty much leaning to a double leg in japan i think...

From Twitter.Asked for more details.Don't even know what kb is so don't know if this is even relevant.

were you able to see where she or he is?

Offline kenchan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #544 on: November 27, 2010, 03:32:15 AM »

Anyway, I found one more tweet, but I am guessing she learned about the TAR18 racers visiting Tokyo either through my fan community on mixi, or through this thread:

@go_leafs_gogo 24 Nov

大好きなテレビ番組の収録を今、まさに、この東京で行われてるらしいと情報を入手。うそーーーーーっ!!!!!!!出くわしたいっ!!!!!!こんな日に限ってガッツリ残業デーだよ。あーどこでレースしてるんやろ。バックパッカー見たら反応してまうわ(笑)

Translation:
I got info that my favorite TV show is being filmed right here in Tokyo!  NO WAY!!!!!!! I want to get off of work!!!!!! But it's days like this that I have to work overtime... Oh, where are they racing? If I see a backpacker, I'll scream! (LOL)

I'll keep lookin'...

Yep, she found it on my community, so this is a circular reference.  It's funny tho - she just tweeted that she was excited she got a tweet from me. How cute...  :-[
「超たのしい~!♪」

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #545 on: November 27, 2010, 03:37:32 AM »
Immabe,I couldn't see where they were from.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #546 on: November 27, 2010, 03:38:18 AM »

That doesnt come up on my Twitter searches

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #547 on: November 27, 2010, 03:46:52 AM »

That doesnt come up on my Twitter searches

the person who tweeted it is 'Andyyongyihong ' if that helps.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #548 on: November 27, 2010, 03:52:57 AM »
What's with all the cars with stickers on their sides in the Belait District? Amazing Race?
5 minutes ago via Echofon
This tweeter is from Brunei

Thanks kinibug!!!

I think kb is Kampung Baru....which is also in Brunei
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:00:30 AM by DrRox »

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #549 on: November 27, 2010, 03:57:26 AM »
What's with all the cars with stickers on their sides in the Belait District? Amazing Race?
5 minutes ago via Echofon

This tweeter is from Brunei

Thanks kinibug!!!

Anytime :) I was just about to say that that's in Brunei...interesting.Has TAR ever been there before?