Author Topic: TAR 15 in the Media  (Read 60910 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 in the Media
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 02:30:06 PM »
reposting this here  :waves:

THE AMAZING RACE 15 is a six-time Emmy Award-winning adventure reality series hosted by Emmy-nominated host, Phil Keoghan, which premieres with a special two-hour episode on Sunday, Sept. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »
Let's zoom in on those tickets   :lol:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2009, 02:51:07 AM »
Well, I can't really contribute much but apparently, there's a Singapore $2 Note/Bill in that picture...  :lol: Not sure if it means anything (highly skeptical and unlikely, IMO) But yup, worth a heads up.  ;D

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »
From the press release:

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Amy Chacon are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

Elise got another promotion. Previously she was listed as a producer in the early seasons, and then as a co-executive producer.

Since TAR really was her idea, it's about time she got the EP title.
-- theschnauzers

Offline CTYankee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
let the games begin.... People is on their tail....http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/09/meet-the-teams-of-the-amazing-race/

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
Nice work Daniel! 

Get ready for boarding passes!  :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »
New banner? Or just the old one rolled out again?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:08:43 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »
EW magazine scan

Contestants in The Amazing Race;s 15th installment begin their frenzied sprint around the world in Los Angeles and immerdiately jet off to Toyko, where things get rather spicy. "We threw'em right in the middle of a Japenese game show , where there's a couple hundred people cheering them on and jsut going berserk," says exec producer Bertram Van Munster."They have to eat this unbelievable wasabi bomb. And that's just the introduction!" The 21 day race, which also hits countries as Estonia, offers and array of contestants including Harlem Globetrotters, female professional poker players (who prove to be "tough as nails"), a man with Asperger's syndrome, and yes, a highly combustible husband/wife tandem. ("This guy was so frustrated with something, I thought he was going to break his hand," notes Van Munster.) And we're extremely curious to watch the roadblock: "We have a challenge that involves 2,000 animals," boasts van Munster. "I have tried this for years and finally pulled it off. It will make you laugh and cry."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:32:14 PM by puddin »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »
EW magazine scan

cant wait for the 2000 animals. wonder if they have to load noah's ark  :lol: some great lines should come out of that episode

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »
"a highly combustible husband wife tandem"  --- uh oh, poor Brian & Ericka  :ascared :lol:
Where could we find 2000 animals? How about a Duck farm?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2009, 07:09:07 PM »
BVM says:
...a visit to the world's tallest building and a spicy twist on a Japanese game show. 

...spicy... hmmm, a wasabi challenge so soon...  :funny:

;) geee, looks like I was right all along...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »
:yess: to the DUCKS!! I agree that this is a very good possibility... "herding ducks".

And I wonder if the combustible team could be Lance and Keri?? They weren't married then, but are now so could also be perhaps considered the husband/wife team... could be a BVM taking liberties quote.

Brian didn't give me the "highly combustible" vibe in their video, but Lance? Maybe!  All spec on my part...

Who in Chateau's video audio are they referring to as the "tightly wired" guy....might be the same.

And :eww   I hate wasabi!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »
At this point, I know that AR15 is not going to the Philippines. The Duck Farm concept has been unused before in AR5. All 4 teams in episode 11 had the DETOUR option of herding 1000 ducks from one pen to another 50 yards away. Not one was interested, so we did not get to see this DETOUR. The other option was the infamous muddy field to be plowed by a human guiding an ox and that led to an Amazing Race legend.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:49:33 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2009, 08:34:03 PM »
BVM says:
...a visit to the world's tallest building and a spicy twist on a Japanese game show. 

...spicy... hmmm, a wasabi challenge so soon...  :funny:

;) geee, looks like I was right all along...

I thought about you right away Boingo  :jumpy: :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2009, 03:22:35 PM »
Amazing Show 'The Amazing Race' Set For 15th Season On CBS
September 14, 2009 3:24 p.m. EST

Matt Aug - CNS Special Contributor
Los Angeles, CA (AHN) - It took amazing people to create a show like The Amazing Race.

The show has enjoyed a remarkable run by almost any standard, with its 15th installment set to begin September 27 on CBS.

The driving force behind the show is Elise Doganieri, a co-creator of the reality program along with her husband Bertram van Munster, a former producer of another long-running reality series, 'Cops'.

The Amazing Race takes diverse teams of two people from across the United States and literally has them 'race' across the world in a series of trips with mental and physical tasks interwoven in each episode.

Ably hosted by the cool but approachable Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race has become a winner with TV viewers and critics alike with seven Emmy wins, including all six "Outstanding Reality-Competition Program" since the category was created.

Ratings and awards can come and go, however, so the show must credit something larger for its sustained success: heart.

"I used to complain there was nothing good on television," Doganieri said in a recent phone interview on her way to her Los Angeles offices. "So I had the opportunity to do something about it."

Although Doganieri has been around the world in her travels, she has not forgotten her roots.

Doganieri grew up in Port Jefferson Station, a formerly small town on the eastern part of Long Island, New York where she attended the Comsewogue School District.

While she has worked with some of the most established people in television, like the show's executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer, and Amazing Race airs on the legendary CBS network, Doganieri still appreciates the shows reach to the "average" viewer.

Doganieri is quite proud, for instance, that a teacher she had utilizes the show as a learning tool in her classroom.

"I was so honored that one of my elementary school teachers, Mrs. Gold, reached out to tell me she discusses the show with her students," Doganieri said. "I think we created a show that is inspirational and has had a positive effect on people around the world."

That won't change this season, either, as The Amazing Race will still do what it has become famous for; pulse-pounding, beat-the-clock competitions.

Doganieri said new elements will also be introduced into the show to keep it fresh and potentially attract more viewers.

"Although the show has gotten big we need to remain creative," Doganieri said. "There is a major twist coming to the show this season, for instance, something that will shock viewers."

'Shock value' is not something one thinks of when it comes to The Amazing Race, but leave it to Doganieri to chart an exciting new course for the show.

When it comes to reality television the Amazing Race is a rather amazing show, and the humble and appreciative Doganieri must take her share of the credit for that.

Matt Aug is AHN's Sports Editor and attended Comsewogue Junior High School with Doganieri.

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7016395946?Amazing%20Show%20'The%20Amazing%20Race'%20Set%20For%2015th%20Season%20On%20CBS#ixzz0R79OUVvf

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 10:12:13 PM »
Thanks to Queenycastle ..  :tup:

...Ross Mathews. 

Spoiler!  He will be interviewing TAR contestants as they are eliminated.  :yess:
http://www.theinsider.com/obsessions/Inside_Dish_with_Ross_Mathews

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2009, 06:54:13 AM »
This morning's Newark Star-Ledger had an article by national TV critic Alan Sepinwall projecting who will win the Emmy award in several categories. Two of those categories are near and dear to our hearts. Sepinwall projects that:

The Amazing Race will win Outstanding Reality-Competition Program

and Phil Keoghan will win Outstanding Reality-Copmetition Host.

Let's hope he is right!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
Hopefully some spoilers from Phil  :jam:

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Phil Keoghan ("The Amazing Race"): Bonnie's favorite reality show is back with a whole new season, all new teams, and host Phil Keoghan is back to tell us all about it. Of course, the big question is: can he and Bonnie get through the interview without flirting?

Read more: http://www.bonniehunt.com/promos/wednesday_september_23_betty_w.php#ixzz0RfnD4zKn

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 02:17:12 PM »
:luvu: Phil love!! Hope he brings an EMMY with him!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »
Probably nothing new, but a CardPlayer interview regarding Maria Ho on TAR
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »
Let's zoom in on those tickets   :lol:

Well obviously Chateau is not a women or gay.  It's lets zoom in on Phil!!!

Offline oakye

• RFF Newbie
Re: TAR 15 (Cast) in the Media
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »
Any idea where Jessica has worked?

- San Francisco Fan

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
She said she has lived 'in the city' for the last five years.  So from Marin county point of view that would be SF.

Offline oakye

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
I had 2 sets of friends from SF who tried out in the past, both didn't make it. I think they were going for the comedic angle, as they are sort of goofy looking.

This looks promising: http://www.dealbase.com/blog/?p=1305

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
Oh yeah, I remember running across that. 

We speculated that she had pre-written several blog entries and set them up with timed release while she was out of town.