Author Topic: The Amazing Race won Outstanding Reality - Competition Program for the 7th time!  (Read 21981 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Congrats to TAR for winning their 7th emmy!
 :party:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Just got to watch that (Damn satellite delay!)

Congrats to TAR for winning their 7th! A record for consecutive wins I believe?

Commiserations to Phil. We'll get 'em next time!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Congratulations TAR for the 7-feat win!  :wohoo: :jam: :hearts: :yess:

To Phil: We're sure to get that next time!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks to Kynt and Vyxsin for this one and my my Elise and Vyxsin look gorgeous!

2009 Emmys Red Carpet interviews at Nokia Theatre LA Live - Reality TV Category from Thomas Attila Lewis on Vimeo.

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
Jeff Probst: 'The Amazing Race' should pull itself from Emmy category

By Christopher Rocchio, 09/21/2009

Jeff Probst feels the The Amazing Race's Emmy torch should be retired before it has any more chances to snuff out the competition.

The Survivor host voiced his frustration at The Amazing Race for winning Outstanding Reality-Competition Program honors for the seventh straight year during last night's live broadcast of the 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards -- as it remains the only show to win the award since the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences first created the category in 2002.

"You can't argue against Race -- it's well-produced, it's a big show," Probst told reporters after winning Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program honors, according to Entertainment Weekly.

"Maybe The Amazing Race should do what Oprah did [in the Daytime Emmys] and pull [itself] out of the competition."

Needless to say, The Amazing Race co-creator Bertram van Munster wasn't a big fan of Probst's idea.

"I'm going to discuss it with my committee here, but it's unlikely," van Munster told reporters after the show's seventh-straight win, Entertainment Weekly reported.

Last night The Amazing Race defeated American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Project Runway and Top Chef -- as Survivor failed to even receive a nod in the category for the third consecutive year.

Still, van Muntser said he was surprised The Amazing Race was able to continue its impressive streak.

"I didn't think we were going to win. It was very intimidating to win for the seventh time," van Munster told reporters, adding he thought Dancing with the Stars would take home the victory, according to Entertainment Weekly.

In addition, Probst reiterated comments he made prior to his acceptance speech -- heaping praise onto Emmy host Neil Patrick Harris a year after the five inaugural Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality-Competition Program nominees helmed the awards show.

"Five people hosting a show is not a good idea," said Probst, Entertainment Weekly reported. "It was just a failure. I'm very good friends with Neil, and I couldn't be happier for Neil. The guy can sing, dance, do tricks!"

SOURCE:

http://realitytvworld.com/news/jeff-probst-the-amazing-race-should-pull-itself-from-emmy-category-9575.php

So what do you guys think of this???

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jeff Probst may have won the 2009 Reality Show Host Emmy, but that does not give him the right to wish that the Amazing Race would exclude itself from the Reality Competition category. It's too bad (NOT) that Survivor can't reach the same level of excellence but neither can any of the other top reality shows.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I found Elise Doganieri's comments about what personality (type A, gregarious, outgoing, sparkling, funny, talkative) fits the mold they are using to qualify contestants for the Amazing Races very interesting. Thanks, puddin.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Jeff Probst may have won the 2009 Reality Show Host Emmy, but that does not give him the right to wish that the Amazing Race would exclude itself from the Reality Competition category. It's too bad (NOT) that Survivor can't reach the same level of excellence but neither can any of the other top reality shows.

If he feels that way, maybe he should take himself out of the running for the Reality Host category?

(not that he should even be nominated - I'd rather see the host who helmed a live show every week for the past 10 weeks while with child be nominated rather than the guy who slobbers over alpha males and even influences the game sometimes)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Jeff should seriously stop being such an @$$. If he's the winner of Best Reality Host for 7 years in a row and someone asks him to pull out of the category, i bet he'll be all offended and everything.

Being a host of Survivor gets to have his own advantage too. He has to be impromptu about challenge speech, brave out the harsh conditions of the wild together with the contestants and many other aspects and factors that led him to winning 2 times in a row. The same goes for TAR, it is a show which no other show can beat because of it's unpredictability, teams dynamics and well-planning of the show, that led it to winning 7 times in a row.

If no one else is even complaining that he's won 2 times in a row due to such a good hosting job he is getting, then he should shut up on TAR winning 7 times in a row as well. What's with other shows winning next year just because "TAR has pulled out and is extremely tired of winning"?? :res:

The best of the competition should always win, just my opinion.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Calm down people, what Jeff said was tongue in cheek.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
Did any of the TAR 14 racers go to the Emmys?

Their episodes were the ones that won, so it would have been fair for CBS to have given them the opportunity to be there.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Jeff Probst I'm really happy you won best host and Ima let you finish but I just wanna say that PHIL KHEOGAN IS THE BEST HOST EVER! thank you.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
As far as I know, no TAR 14 cast went. I think every cast should be invited if their season is nominated....  I did think we might see Mike and Mel there but I didn't... :(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
As far as I know, no TAR 14 cast went. I think every cast should be invited if their season is nominated....  I did think we might see Mike and Mel there but I didn't... :(

From what I saw, no TAR 14 & mostly TAR 13. Maybe this is the way the CBS people get to make it up to the TAR 13 cast for not sending in a TAR13 ep? :funny: And I actually totally agreed with Zack's comment upon reading Jeff's comment. I do understand there wasn't anything mean intended. Hopefully. :P
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-emmy-amazing21-2009sep21,0,1819066.story

latimes.com
'The Amazing Race' takes reality prize again
No other series has ever won the category.
By Martin Miller

September 21, 2009

Perhaps, in their far-flung travels around the globe, the creative forces behind "The Amazing Race" were able to persuade a foreign despot to oversee the counting of their Emmy votes.

The CBS show that throws teams into a chaotic race around the globe triumphed again for outstanding reality show. The show has won every year since the inception of the category seven years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR THE RECORD:
'The Amazing Race': An article in Monday's Calendar about the seventh straight Emmy for "The Amazing Race" said its category was outstanding reality show. It is outstanding reality-competition program. —

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're very, very proud," said co-creator and co-executive producer Bertram van Munster. "There was 'Survivor,' 'Big Brother' and 'Amazing Race.' We were really the locomotives for network television to make good reality TV."

Apparently, all the pre-Emmy talk about it being someone else's turn -- like, say, Fox's "American Idol" and ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," which after all are among the most popular shows on television -- was just that.

"I didn't think we were going to win," said Van Munster. "And then when we won, I was actually speechless."

But isn't there an issue of good sportsmanship here? Even Jeff Probst, who also won an Emmy for outstanding reality host for CBS' "Survivor," suggested the show might consider withdrawing from the category.

To that, Van Munster said: "I'm going to discuss that with my committee here. But it's unlikely."

How are they going to top this for next year?

"We're working on it," said Van Munster.

martin.miller@latimes.com

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A little essay from the Times about TAR, Emmy voting, The Daily Show, etc.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
At least winning countless repeative emmys keeps our show on the schedule!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
So...I hear that BVM and Elise had fun celebrating the Emmy WIN!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
WTH?  :lol: :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
OMG, that was classsssic!!! :funny: