Author Topic: Amazing Race 14 Episodes Submitted for Emmy Consideration  (Read 13813 times)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Amazing Race 14 Episodes Submitted for Emmy Consideration
« on: June 06, 2009, 10:07:36 PM »
Someone on ebay is selling the official Amazing Race DVD that was submitted for Emmy consideration.  Before you click on the link, what two episodes would you have submitted?

http://tinyurl.com/r2by3g

I think they were good choices.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race 14 Episodes Submitted for Emmy Consideration
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »
Cheese Hill and Romania? Or Beijing 2....From TAR 14....

I believe they can also submit from TAR 13 if they would rather??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »
GeorgiaPeach, I found out that all shows that aired from June 1, 2008 through May 31, 2009 are eligible.  I don't know if a Amazing Race 13 episode was also submitted.

I went back on EBay and saw DVDs for sale for last year's Emmy.  Those DVDs only contain one episode, which of course won the Emmy, They Must Have Witch Powers or Something.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 11:02:32 PM »
i think switzerland is way better than thailand 1!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »
I really was expecting one from Season 13 and one from 14, but I agree that they chose well...Two very good episodes!!

The only real drawback to episode one is that I think you don't yet have the team relationships/interactions/drama that comes later.

But how fabulous to have an Emmy ep that includes EVERY single team!!!

Cheese Hill Gang for the win!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
Sweet!  :jam:  :yess:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 02:12:02 AM »
By the way, it is illegal to sell those screeners and even more so to buy them. Do not put a bid on that as the network and/or studio may force ebay to take it down.

A friend of mine got prosecuted by the studios for buying the Oscar movie screeners. Bid at your own risk.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 03:29:24 AM »
Looking at the link, it appears as if CBS hasn't submitted for the technical awards.

Is there any confirmation of this?

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 05:27:45 AM »
IPERSONALLY think... Beijing 1 would be one of the best episode to submit...

At first, I personally thought that it did not give out the best of China, but then again, seeing:

"That Dumb Look"
Cara, Luke, Kisha and Tammy foot tortured
Teams in speedos and lazersuits
Kisha and Jen breaking down from her fear of water
Tammy being afraid of Jaime
Victor's cramps
AND MOST OF ALL
The most glorious, petrified and unexplained reaction EVER on a TBC announcement...  :funny: by the lovely Jaime and Cara...

This episode deserves to win an Emmy...  ;D AGAIN, Personally speaking!

Other episodes which I think would be probable...
Guilin
Beijing 2
India
Romania
Switzerland
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 05:43:22 AM »
Planning-wise, Guilin >>>>>>>> Beijing 1. Emmy-wise, Beijing 1 > Guilin. But personally, I'd have picked India 2 last season & Switzerland.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 08:45:01 AM »
But personally, I'd have picked India 2 last season

Had the divorcees not read the roadblock by mistake, India 2 = meh, while Beijing 14.1 = exemplary all over!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 11:11:45 AM »
Switzerland was a fine choice!  The first episode in Thailand was also good, but I would've preferred the Romanian leg or the first Beijing leg to the first Thailand one.

Belle Book

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »

Had the divorcees not read the roadblock by mistake, India 2 = meh, while Beijing 14.1 = exemplary all over!

I HATED the Michael Phelps plug. Both Roadblocks were entertaining, but meh otherwise had Cara/Kelly not provided moments of hilarious pain. And the Detours were NOT fun at ALL. (The spices & sync diving had potential, but most teams didn't go for that.)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »

I HATED the Michael Phelps plug. Both Roadblocks were entertaining, but meh otherwise had Cara/Kelly not provided moments of hilarious pain. And the Detours were NOT fun at ALL. (The spices & sync diving had potential, but most teams didn't go for that.)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »
I would choose Ep 1 and Ep 11 (Leg 10B). *goes to look at link*
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »
Good choices - though I have to say the tasks on each weren't the highlight of the episodes!

My feelings on TAR14.1 was pretty much tainted by the low-brow cheesiness (heh) of the cheese hill, which while many found entertaining we knew was rigged by the producers - low-quality racks and all. The bungee was more of the same, but here's what I liked about the premiere:

- The choice to fly into two different cities, a first!
- The ability to manoeuvre ahead based on public transport
- The return of the (albeit tiny) clues, like the yodelling and the photo

TAR14.8 wasn't a showcase of the planning, but of all the strange things that can happen on the race - penalties, mistakes and all, right? None of the tasks were... that difficult.

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 08:42:45 AM »
Ugh....Romania and Siberia is way Better than those 2 legs submitted..... I noticed that Both of the legs, Margie and Luke won, something fishy   (:;)

Romania - Roadblock is very great, it is really directed to CULTURE of Romania, the Gymnastics is one of the best roadblocks in the race. (Bungee is way too overused, Fixing a propeller - ugh....). Detour is EPIC. Meltdowns <3. Such a very nice leg (Singing with Trannies / Fitting a teeth - ugh....)

Siberia - The detour really tested the teams <3. The random 1st for Christie and Jodi  is really great! The bottom 2 goddesses winning a motorcycle <3. Blind U-turn was also introduced.
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »
Ugh....Romania and Siberia is way Better than those 2 legs submitted..... I noticed that Both of the legs, Margie and Luke won, something fishy   (:;)

Romania - Roadblock is very great, it is really directed to CULTURE of Romania, the Gymnastics is one of the best roadblocks in the race. (Bungee is way too overused, Fixing a propeller - ugh....). Detour is EPIC. Meltdowns <3. Such a very nice leg (Singing with Trannies / Fitting a teeth - ugh....)

Siberia - The detour really tested the teams <3. The random 1st for Christie and Jodi  is really great! The bottom 2 goddesses winning a motorcycle <3. Blind U-turn was also introduced.

I'll never forget singing with the trannies haha...omg...hilarious!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 06:56:24 AM »
LMAO. I love all the episodes in TAR 14 and don't mind any episodes submitted. However.. i would reckon they submit legs with cultural tasks. The thailand leg was really good, as with the season premiere as well. Can't think of any other episodes that can surpass those 2 episodes in terms of planning of tasks.. :funny:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 04:34:46 PM »

Hahahha, fishy!?! It's not our fault that we were kicking some ass in both legs! We pulled a few strategic moves to pull ahead of everybody. I remember few people made few comments about NEL probably will be thrown in when my mom and I come in last place so that way they could "save" us before the season starts to air! We didn't come in last place in NEL! We came in first place in two NEL!! I'm proud of that accomplishment. My mom and I were only one team that weren't "saved" by a luck. Tammy + Victor got saved by Brad and Victoria's bad plane luck. Jaime and Cara got saved by Jen's infamous pee break. My mom and I didn't got saved by team's bad luck or NEL. We always made sure that we are ahead of, at least, one team in every leg. It worked out well for us.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
It's about timing and sometimes you have it and sometimes you don't. As Luke mentioned, Jen's timing to go to the bathroom was really bad. But sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.

And in the case of the wins Luke & Margie, I felt they were legit wins. No one laid down for them.
Just here to visit.