Author Topic: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 677966 times)

DavidJunior

Re: The Amazing Race 14 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #1225 on: March 15, 2009, 01:41:47 AM »
Hey Texas Lady and Tory thanks for ur warm welcome Also wishing u all a happy holi!!! i hope u people know about holi remember tina in green in the last season ok now coming to my point tory i'm not talking about the last episode what i wanna say is that even before the new season went on air back in india they use to show a promo of amazing race where they had clips from previous seasons put together but towards the end i cud see two african ladies in their white jackets running towards phil with teams standing on each sides and cheering them as i mentioned earlier this makes me feel that kisha and jen may definitely be in top 3 unfortunately they have stopped showing that promo now and also the channel's website doesn't feature that video anymore hence i'm not in a position to put forth some concrete proof confirming my info...Anyways once again Happy Holi!!!     :jumpy:

Hi ready2rock! Welcome to RFF too! Hehe

I would just like to comment that, could it be from a different season? I cant seem to recall Kisha/Jen wearing white jackets over the course of the race, even in Siberia already (I see them wearing red all the time...), especially the finish line which is in Maui, Hawaii, which we all know is a tropical and warm, humid place, which makes me think that they wouldn't wear jackets either.  ;D

Hey guys, what do you think?

But I'm really really rooting for a T/V, C/J, C/J Final Three...  :jumpy:

I think K/J making it to the end is possible, however very unlikely.
there have been teams that have made it all the way to the end under the radar. (dan and andrew were last spotted in india, yet made it all the way to the finale) K/J could be the same situation to a greater extent (not seen since romania)
and jackets could mean a lot of things, do you think they could be windreakers?
i think it would be pretty cool to have a suprise team make it to the end

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1226 on: March 15, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »
Hey Texas Lady and Tory thanks for ur warm welcome Also wishing u all a happy holi!!! i hope u people know about holi remember tina in green in the last season ok now coming to my point tory i'm not talking about the last episode what i wanna say is that even before the new season went on air back in india they use to show a promo of amazing race where they had clips from previous seasons put together but towards the end i cud see two african ladies in their white jackets running towards phil with teams standing on each sides and cheering them as i mentioned earlier this makes me feel that kisha and jen may definitely be in top 3 unfortunately they have stopped showing that promo now and also the channel's website doesn't feature that video anymore hence i'm not in a position to put forth some concrete proof confirming my info...Anyways once again Happy Holi!!!     :jumpy:

Hi ready2rock! Welcome to RFF too! Hehe

I would just like to comment that, could it be from a different season? I cant seem to recall Kisha/Jen wearing white jackets over the course of the race, even in Siberia already (I see them wearing red all the time...), especially the finish line which is in Maui, Hawaii, which we all know is a tropical and warm, humid place, which makes me think that they wouldn't wear jackets either.  ;D

Hey guys, what do you think?

But I'm really really rooting for a T/V, C/J, C/J Final Three...  :jumpy:

I think K/J making it to the end is possible, however very unlikely.
there have been teams that have made it all the way to the end under the radar. (dan and andrew were last spotted in india, yet made it all the way to the finale) K/J could be the same situation to a greater extent (not seen since romania)
and jackets could mean a lot of things, do you think they could be windreakers?
i think it would be pretty cool to have a suprise team make it to the end

Hello DavidJunior! :waves:

Yeah, I must agree that with the lack of spoilers, everyone, including Kisha/Jen making it to the end is possible indeed. And I definitely agree that there could be one team making it to the end by surprise would completely make the race so much fun than last time. But, K/J looks like one of the next to be sent in elimination station, I just would assume that those who have spotted Cara/Jaime and Tammy/Victor in Beijing getting out of China are true, making less chances that one surprise team could go in the last spot.

I really love this season! A lot of people are seriously engaged in posting, speculating, I must say, CBS and TPTB really made this season so great!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)
« Reply #1227 on: March 19, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
wow thx neobie!

ok...its maybe a little too early to say this, but i think tammy and victor will do pretty well in the two legs in china, (if they make it, which will probaly happen) cause tammy speaks mandrian and victor somehow planned a trip to china all by himself or something...(its in their bio)

Hi jerry :waves:, If tammy/victor would survive the next legs until the 8th leg, we'll see that its also almost a guarantee that they'll make the final 3, because of the 3 china legs :yess: :yess: :yess:... it's similar to ron/christina's situation last last season, where they completely knew how to navigate to japan and taiwan because of prior knowledge, culture and heritage...  :jumpy:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1228 on: March 19, 2009, 02:40:50 AM »
That is not always the key though!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1229 on: March 19, 2009, 04:30:57 PM »
Yeah, and hopefully they don't just glide straight through. It seems like a lot of past winners went through countries in the final legs that they knew quite a bit about. I don't think it's fair, but I did want Ron & Christina to win. :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #1230 on: March 19, 2009, 05:24:23 PM »
They may not know all about their county and languages.  They are Asian Americans.  And have you ever heard of all those teams that didn't win and get eliminated in their home country, state, or town.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:50:29 PM by Snooky101 »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1231 on: March 19, 2009, 05:43:02 PM »
How about Frank & Margarita and Wil & Tara losing their respective races despite the Finish Line being in their "home" cities?
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1232 on: March 19, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
Colin and Christie came in second in Texas.  The Schroader family got eliminated in New Orleans, their home town.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1233 on: March 19, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »
Yeah, the homefield advantage rarely works.  But it's usually other factors that lead to the defeat in the "hometown":

Frank & Margarita were overconfident (or at least Frank was),
Tara just couldn't run as fast as Chris & Alex,
Chip & Kim wisely didn't reveal the canceled flight to the other finalist teams, so they had to get a later flight; although Colin & Christie did get a great taxi driver, they got a flat tire (possibly because the driver was going past cars on the bumper strip),
and the Schroeder family was pushed to the back of the pack by just grabbing the first ticket they saw -- which was a later one, and they got themselves lost quite a bit.

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1234 on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »
Belle Book,

Frank took a long time discussing his route with the Newark Airport taxi driver. If he hadn't done that before getting in the taxi and chose to do it en route, Frank/Margarita would probably have gotten on the same subway run as Rob/Brennan.

Wil spent time trying to cut the taxi line at Oakland International Airport. If Wil/Tara had just gotten into that line when they arrived, nobody could have caught them and the slower speed of Tara would have been irrelevant.

The factors you cite for Colin/Christie at Calgary and in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area are true. Here are two more factors that influenced the outcome. Once the fog came in after Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole had started to rest in the Calgary airport hotel, Chip/Kim were incredibly lucky to be in the right place at the right time. They caught a small window of available flight reservations for the Denver to Dallas flight that closed and could not be attained by the other two teams. That still would not have mattered if the American Airlines agent had not recommended that both teams check their excess luggage on the American flight. That did not matter for the Calgary to Denver flight but airport officials in Denver applied strict guidelines and prevented them from going standby on the United Denver to Dallas flight, the one Chip/Kim were on. The American flight from Dallas to Denver got them in just over 10 minutes behind.

So these things are complex and you can't say that any team lost as a result of hometown knowledge.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #1235 on: March 20, 2009, 01:20:12 AM »
I believe that the hometown advantage worked better on the later seasons, we'll see if this is true indeed anytime soon.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1236 on: March 20, 2009, 05:48:32 PM »
Belle Book,

Frank took a long time discussing his route with the Newark Airport taxi driver. If he hadn't done that before getting in the taxi and chose to do it en route, Frank/Margarita would probably have gotten on the same subway run as Rob/Brennan.

Wil spent time trying to cut the taxi line at Oakland International Airport. If Wil/Tara had just gotten into that line when they arrived, nobody could have caught them and the slower speed of Tara would have been irrelevant.

The factors you cite for Colin/Christie at Calgary and in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area are true. Here are two more factors that influenced the outcome. Once the fog came in after Colin/Christie and Brandon/Nicole had started to rest in the Calgary airport hotel, Chip/Kim were incredibly lucky to be in the right place at the right time. They caught a small window of available flight reservations for the Denver to Dallas flight that closed and could not be attained by the other two teams. That still would not have mattered if the American Airlines agent had not recommended that both teams check their excess luggage on the American flight. That did not matter for the Calgary to Denver flight but airport officials in Denver applied strict guidelines and prevented them from going standby on the United Denver to Dallas flight, the one Chip/Kim were on. The American flight from Dallas to Denver got them in just over 10 minutes behind.

So these things are complex and you can't say that any team lost as a result of hometown knowledge.

That's what I was trying to say, even if some of the details weren't quite accurate -- the curse of the hometown team doesn't really exist because other factors came into play.

Belle Book

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1237 on: March 20, 2009, 06:11:17 PM »
Belle Book,

That's what I was trying to say, even if some of the details weren't quite accurate -- the curse of the hometown team doesn't really exist because other factors came into play.

Belle Book

Are we even sure that Victor and Tammy are that familiar with Asia?  They're from America not Asia.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1238 on: March 20, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »
Here's an answer on that one, the original statement in the official CBS website for AR14 and copied into the first entry for Victory and Tammy JIh's RFF thread:

they recently traveled with friends to China and Victor mapped out the entire trip down to the minute.

So they are very knowledgeable about China, where there will be 3 AR14 episodes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1239 on: March 20, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »
I believe they were there for the Olympics? And Mandarin will be a huge help.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #1240 on: March 21, 2009, 04:37:55 PM »
*Praying Tammy & Victor won't be another reincarnation of "Team Domination"*
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #1241 on: March 21, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
If that's the Spanglers, then I hope they are, minus a victory on the final leg.  That'd knock Victor down a few pegs.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1242 on: March 22, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »

I assume that you're talking about Nick & Starr, but Gary & Dave called themselves "Team Domination" way back in season 2. 

I'm against re-using team nicknames.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1243 on: March 22, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
But I'll always remember them by "Itchy & Scratchy" :lol:

Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1244 on: March 22, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
:welcome: to RFF slayton!  :hithere:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1245 on: March 24, 2009, 03:48:28 AM »
Hi everyone!!! i found this on tvguide thought of sharing it with u:

Linda and Steve-TVGuide.com: Who's your favorite to win now?
Linda: The way I feel about it is this: Everybody on the race is fantastic. I mean, they are competitors. They're tough, they're strong, they're smart. You go through so much emotionally, physically. The ones I want to win are the ones that win because they deserve it.
Steve: The ones that work for it. It's not like we have a favorite team or a team we want to lose. It's just whoever wins it deserves it because they didn't get there by making a lot of mistakes. They got to that point by being good and they deserve to win.

Kris and Amanda-TVGuide.com: When did you find out it was Margie and Luke who U-Turned you?
Amanda: We found out about a weekend later when we were sequestered. But what they didn't show was the reason why we initially thought it was Jen and Kisha. The day before, we were eating lunch with the cast at a restaurant in Romania and the cast was split up into two tables. Afterward, when we were walking back to our room, Luke and Margie approached us and said, "Hey, just so you know, everyone at our table was talking about the U-Turn and every single team said they wouldn't use it, including us, but Jennifer and Kisha said, 'You'd be stupid not to use it. We'd definitely use it if we have a chance.'" So naturally, that was the first thing we assumed because of what we were told the day before. When we found out it was Luke and Margie, it's like, "Why did they have to go out of their way to make up a story to tell us?" At the end, we told Jen and Kisha, and they said Margie's story was completely untrue.

Jodi and Christie-TVGuide.com: Who were you cheering for after you got eliminated?
Jodi: Kisha and Jennifer or Mike and Mel.
Christie: Obviously, we want a girl team to win, and Jennifer and Kisha were such good sports that were always telling us during tasks, "Good job, ladies." We didn't really get that camaraderie with Jaime and Cara that we got with them.
Jodi: They're strong, but they're classy. Also, I just really love Mike and Mel because they were positive all the time. Mel was one of the people I trusted most in the Race because I knew that he wasn't going to lie to me.
Christie: I've had so many people call me and tell me they're pulling for those two. My mom's 68, which is Mel's age, so I was really impressed with him. And to see Mike so worried about his dad — I just really appreciated that relationship.

I failed to interpret anything significant from any of the interviews...infact this has left me more confused now   :umn:
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1246 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:25 AM »
I failed to interpret anything significant from any of the interviews...
Exactly, so whats the point?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1247 on: March 24, 2009, 12:45:02 PM »
Yes, so what exactly are you confused about, ready2rock?
Just here to visit.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #1248 on: March 24, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »
Lol! I guess we just got to know which of the teams are more likeable.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1249 on: March 27, 2009, 02:08:51 AM »
Yes, so what exactly are you confused about, ready2rock?

The confusion is that in the jodi and christie interview, she has mentioned that during the roadblock task in india she was not allowed to carry two buckets of water at the same time which she wanted to do whereas as we know except for her,victor and mel; rest all didn't do the camel feed task properly until only later on when they realised that there is a basket and a tool provided using which they were supposed to do the task...in that case why was no penalty levied on the other teams bcz they didn't follow the instructions correctly...i mean what's the basis for levying a penalty???
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen