Author Topic: Best Amazing Race Season to Date  (Read 181155 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: Best Amazing Race Season to Date
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 11:27:47 AM »
TAR 14 beats TAR 9 in everyway in my opinion.

TAR 9 was pathetic, i thought... :groan:

I almost lost my TAR love during/after 9. And THAT's saying something!  :ascared

Aww, c'mon, TAR 9 was the one that recruited me in the first place! From my perspective it is where it all started. I loved BJ & Tyler! :wohoo:

And then TAR 10's cast was announced...and I was blown away. :colors
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
TAR 9 was one of the better ones imo. I liked Eric and Jeremy. (Went right against the grain there)

In order:

12-5-8-7-13-9-1-14-2-4-3-6 (WAY too much bunching)-10

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »

I almost lost my TAR love during/after 9. And THAT's saying something!  :ascared

Aww, c'mon, TAR 9 was the one that recruited me in the first place! From my perspective it is where it all started. I loved BJ & Tyler! :wohoo:

Ahhhh... but see, I have the EARLY seasons LOVE to hang onto. And regained the love in 10 as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »
I'm obviously going to pick TAR10. It introduced me to Dustin and Kandice =)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 02:52:36 PM »
Of course.  :snicker: :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »
I was really excited for TAR 10 when the cast was announced, especially since they finally had an Asian team, but the season got progressively worse for me.  It's still the only season that I've never finished watching. 

After being disappointed with the show for four years because of TAR 8-13, I definitely agree with Phil that TAR 14 was a special season.  I would rank it right up there with 1, 3, 5, and 7.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »

I almost lost my TAR love during/after 9. And THAT's saying something!  :ascared

Ahhhh... but see, I have the EARLY seasons LOVE to hang onto. And regained the love in 10 as well.
TAR 9 was not what you would call a competitive season, but it was very entertaining, and it got us to know all the teams.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:16 AM »
imo...

the best seasons: 5, 9, 12, 15 and 3. :hearts:

the worst seasons: family edition, 4, 14, 1 and all-stars. (:;)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 06:01:49 AM »
I miss the greats of Seasons 1, 3 & 5. Season 2, 4 & 6 are special to me. Season 4 was the first one I got hooked on. Season 2 felt SO invigorating and ignoring Jon/Vic, Season 6 was SO fun to watch. It still felt somewhat real.

Seasons 7 to 14: I liked them all, but somewhat fell apart LITERALLY at the last 10 minutes of the show. I NEED to have a good ending this season.

Ranking: (DRASTICALLY changed from the last time I ranked seasons)
3-5-1-4-2-6-8-12-10-9-11-13-14-7

Also one thing I noticed: For most people (on RFF and Sucks), you either like TAR 9 & hate TAR 10, or like TAR 10 & hate TAR 9. Same for TAR 13 & TAR 14.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline panda

• RFF's Lady Gaga
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ./lady gaga rox.
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 06:26:16 AM »

I watched 9 in youtube (since I just knew this when I saw Season 12) and it made me feel sad. :(
M

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »
I started with Season 9. I care more about locales than teams.

9 and 10 were pretty good route-wise. 10 had the better teams though.
11 spent too much time in South America.
12 I consider the best (a great final 3) of the most recent ones.
13 had a pretty nice route, but was marred by boring teams.
14 on the other hand had more interesting teams, but suffered from a terrible route.
15 is shaping up to be better than the last 2.

So, 12 > 10 > 9 > 13 = 14 > 11

Unfortunately, I find TAR gets a bit boring when there are less than 6 teams remaining (it's at its best with 6-8). The finales aren't as exciting as mid-season episodes, since they're always in the US and sometimes the third time does nothing, so we only get to see 2 teams compete basically.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 09:35:55 PM »
No need to debate, I like all TARs!  :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
Still 3 for me.

Even though Flo sucked and Ian sucked, I generally wouldn't have had an issue with any of the final 5 winning. I can't say that about any other season except maybe TAR 1 (and TAR 12 came close, but was soured by TK/Rachel).

Offline perdfa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2009, 07:40:24 AM »
the amazing race 9 with eric and jeremy is THE BEST on Casting!!

jeremy is AWESOME.

so awesome it made me register to post this here!

o my god they shud hv make talk show or somthin just with jeremy alone

the jeremy show or sumthin.

he's very funny and entertaining!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »
the amazing race 9 with eric and jeremy is THE BEST on Casting!!

jeremy is AWESOME.

so awesome it made me register to post this here!

o my god they shud hv make talk show or somthin just with jeremy alone

the jeremy show or sumthin.

he's very funny and entertaining!

Glad that Eric/Jeremy have such a big fan. :funny:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2009, 09:44:15 AM »
I loved TAR6 task-wise, butcast-wise, we got left with too many bickering/boring/forgettable teams in the end. I think the best combo would be to use the current casting team and the task designers from pre-7
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2009, 07:21:57 PM »
:welcome: to RFF perdfa!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline perdfa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2009, 10:08:16 AM »
yah.

jeremy! big fan, and add to that im a guy, not gay, hv a girlfriend, and live in japan.

lol

o man, why they dnt make tv show where jeremy just speak and speak and speak.

haha

anyway, big easy's way of talking is also entertaining, bt i think they hv a rlly small airtime compare to the gay brother... too bad.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2009, 10:31:08 AM »
I loved TAR6 task-wise, butcast-wise, we got left with too many bickering/boring/forgettable teams in the end. I think the best combo would be to use the current casting team and the task designers from pre-7

But aren't Charla/Mirna, Colin/Christie, Oswald/Danny, Joe/Bill, Linda/Karen and the most epic one of all.. FLOOOOOOO, all pre-7 cast? :funny:

There ain't any more memorable cast after season 7 than pre season 7 IMO? Dustin/Kandice, Lyn/Karlyn, Ronald/Christina, Kynt/Vyxsin, Tammy/Victor, Cara/Jaime and Margie/Luke...?

Anyway, i personally love TAR 3 (the very first season that got me hooked on), TAR 5 (72,000 miles???!?!), TAR 7 (not the cast, but the season as a whole), TAR 8 (Yes, it was exceptionally good for me.. because i'm not from the USA and i loved seeing the USA so much more), TAR 10 (bad winners though), TAR 12 (first time ever my pre-season picks won first and second) and TAR 14 (Tammy and Victor!).

The worst season for me was TAR 9 hands down. At one point i got so sick of Eric and Jeremy and BJ and Tyler i actually stopped watching the show until Fran and Barry finally won a leg. But then to have them eliminated next destroyed the season for me.. and i started rooting for MoJo, and they were eliminated next.. and rooted for RaYo, and they came in third. That season was pure discomfort and disappointment for me, especially my least fave team won. T_T

:funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:56 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Eric's perdfa and think Jeremy is a riot, they are awesome racers. Not to make excuses for Eric but, in his season 9 he was ill on the last few legs Alaska to the USA and I really think it effected his judgment on the flag task, no help from Jeremy of course  :lol:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
Well I'd usually judge a route by its diversity and epicness. On the count of epicness, let's list the landmarks I've heard of since I was 5...

TAR 1: Eiffel Tower, the Sahara, Coliseum, Taj Mahal, Great Wall of China
TAR 2: Cristo Redemptor, the Amazon, Bangkok floating markets, Sydney Opera House, Golden Gate Bridge
  Don't know how famous Hong Kong's skyscrapers are in the rest of the world, so I'd leave that out here.
TAR 4: Venice
TAR 5: Pyramids
TAR 6: Terracotta army in Xian
TAR 8: Grand Canyon
TAR 9: St Basil's Cathedral, Mount Fuji
TAR 13: Angkor Wat
Wallpaper in various seasons: Big Ben, Statue of Liberty, Macchu Picchu, Niagara Falls
Not yet visited: Stonehenge, Acropolis, Easter Island, Torii of Itsukushima, Nazca Lines, Tower of Pisa

So they've kind of used up much of the world's epicness in the first two seasons, and have completely dropped it since the double-digit seasons. Route-wise, the first two seasons were definitely the best.

Edited to put Niagara in its place. Thanks Caelestor!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:22:31 PM by Neobie »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2009, 02:16:43 PM »
Well I'd usually judge a route by its diversity and epicness. On the count of epicness, let's list the landmarks I've heard of since I was 5...

TAR 1: Eiffel Tower, the Sahara, Coliseum, Taj Mahal, Great Wall of China
TAR 2: Cristo Redemptor, the Amazon, Bangkok floating markets, Syndey Opera House, Golden Gate Bridge
TAR 4: Venice
TAR 5: Pyramids
TAR 6: Terracotta army in Xian
TAR 7: Big Ben (background)
TAR 8: Statue of Liberty (background), Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls
TAR 9: St Basil's Cathedral
TAR 13: Angkor Wat
Not yet visited: Stonehenge, Acropolis, Easter Island, Torii of Itsukushima, Macchu Picchu, Nazca Lines

So they've kind of used up much of the world's epicness in the first two seasons, and have completely dropped it since the double-digit seasons. (Don't forget TAR 13's best leg in Cambodia!) Route-wise, the first two seasons were definitely the best.

There are only so many landmarks in the world (some not in that list you've mentioned). :neener: I don't need landmarks if I get culture (which unfortunately has been put aside lately).

We definitely need a return trip to Peru, Britain, Greece, and definitely anywhere in Africa though.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:02:22 PM by Caelestor »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2009, 12:44:12 AM »

But aren't Charla/Mirna, Colin/Christie, Oswald/Danny, Joe/Bill, Linda/Karen and the most epic one of all.. FLOOOOOOO, all pre-7 cast? :funny:

There ain't any more memorable cast after season 7 than pre season 7 IMO? Dustin/Kandice, Lyn/Karlyn, Ronald/Christina, Kynt/Vyxsin, Tammy/Victor, Cara/Jaime and Margie/Luke...?

Anyway, i personally love TAR 3 (the very first season that got me hooked on), TAR 5 (72,000 miles???!?!), TAR 7 (not the cast, but the season as a whole), TAR 8 (Yes, it was exceptionally good for me.. because i'm not from the USA and i loved seeing the USA so much more), TAR 10 (bad winners though), TAR 12 (first time ever my pre-season picks won first and second) and TAR 14 (Tammy and Victor!).

The worst season for me was TAR 9 hands down. At one point i got so sick of Eric and Jeremy and BJ and Tyler i actually stopped watching the show until Fran and Barry finally won a leg. But then to have them eliminated next destroyed the season for me.. and i started rooting for MoJo, and they were eliminated next.. and rooted for RaYo, and they came in third. That season was pure discomfort and disappointment for me, especially my least fave team won. T_T

:funny:

Aww, I LOVED BJ & Tyler! They got me hooked on TAR! (I can just tell already that this will be a controversial comment.) The other three teams were boring (which is ironic for me because now I always end up loving the "boring" teams because they always get ignored).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
If I had to rate the seasons:

#1: TAR 14: Loved the cast, and it was the first time I didn't mind the winners, but could've built a better route
#2: TAR 12: Again, another great casting, phenomenal route, but I didn't like the winners all too much...
#3: TAR 3: Another great casting with awesome route, but I HATED the winning team. Flo = </3
#4: TAR 1: Probably the best route to date, you can't really duplicate a route like that now, unless you literally duplicate it (please don't...), and even though the teams seemed a little boring at times, it was a phenomenal start to an amazing series.
#5: TAR 2: Another great race route, with some pretty good teams, and the final run to the mat was epic
#6: TAR 5: Absolutely stellar route in terms of the amount of travel that took place, but my least favorite team that season ended up winning... :P
#7: TAR 10: Route was awesome, casting was amazing, but got bored after Madagascar, when the last of the good cast went out the door
#8: TAR 7: Hated this route the most (to me, it doesn't count as a real "race around the world" if they didn't actually go around it...), but a good team won, and it was semi-entertaining throughout...
#9: TAR 4: Boring cast, horrible winners, and the route seemed like it was trying to hard to be a "good mix" of the first 3 seasons' routes
#10: TAR 13: Loved the route, unfortunately it was completely ruined by potentially one of the worst casts ever to "grace" the amazing race stage, on top of that, there was almost absolutely no competition, at all
#11: TAR 11: If it wasn't for the 20-something legs in South America, I would classify it as a good route.  But, again, another boring cast, plus I have a personal hate for this season because one of my all time favorite teams was eliminated first </33333
#12: TAR 6: Good route overall, but literally every boring team made it far, and the teams that had potential to be entertaining were out within the first three legs.  The fact that Johnathan/Victoria were on this season doesn't help it's case much either
#13: TAR 9: The route was alright, but it felt like there was a little too much jumping back and forth.  This was also the epitome of the alpha male teams totally dominating a season (kind of like season 15 now...).
#14: TAR 8: I absolutely HATE this season with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns!!! Casting families </3333, nearly all U.S.A. race route </3333, totally ignoring the West Coast </3333, reminding me of family road trips </3333.  Horrible, horrible season in my opinion.  Never do it again, ever!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2009, 04:40:18 AM »
I loved the fact that many people loved TAR 12 even if it was the shortest season (in terms of episodes) and that a boring team won. :funny:

But frankly speaking, TK and Rachel ain't that bad right?