Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 131468 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #350 on: May 22, 2008, 05:26:14 PM »

Even though I watched it live, I had taped the show....just finished watching it again!

:-* Hey grandmawLily you smart cookie you I wish I had done the same thing I would have loved to see it again.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: May 22, 2008, 05:37:55 PM »
.... an interesting article:

American Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe knew David Cook would defeat David Archuleta as the home viewer votes were rolling in immediately following Tuesday night's live performance episode.

The votes were coming in from the east coast and the percentage was about 6% in Cook's favor quite early on, and it got wider and wider as the evening went on," said Lythgoe as a guest on Thursday's broadcast of Ryan Seacrest's KIIS FM radio show. 

"So I really knew [Cook would win] around 10PM, 10:30PM [west-coast time]."

Cook won Idol's seventh-season title after "97 and a half million" home viewer votes were cast following Tuesday night's final performance episode that saw Archuleta and Cook each sing three songs.  During last night's finale Seacrest said Cook defeated Archuleta by a 56% to 44% home viewer voting margin, or roughly 12 million votes.

Lythgoe explained that knowing Idol's home viewer voting results before they're revealed to the public is simply part of his job.

"I'm used to it really.  It happens every single week.  You've got to keep a straight face," he said.  "We always say to them in the beginning of the series, 'Don't look at me and don't ask me any stupid questions because I will lie to you and I'll probably lie badly to you and say something like I'm ever so sorry it is you going home this week.'"

When asked by Seacrest what he told Archuleta and Cook prior to the live finale, Lythgoe said it didn't make a difference.

"It didn't really matter to either of them, I believe, who was going to be the winner," he said.

Lythgoe also weighed in on Simon Cowell's apology to Cook moments before the results were revealed.  During Tuesday night's live performance episode, Cowell awarded all three rounds to Archuleta and said the teenager scored a "knockout" over Cook.

"I think Simon with his apology made it quite clear that he felt bad he was so tough on David Cook," said Lythgoe, who was then asked why he thought Cowell felt the need to apologize.

"Just in case it was wrong," said Lythgoe with a laugh.  "Let's be honest about it.  I think we call it covering your ass."

Lythgoe said it takes "months" of planning to put Idol's annual finale broadcast together, and now that the seventh-season is in the books, he wasn't shy about his feelings on it.

"It was one of the best, no question about it," he said.  "That's because the talent that was on it."

Despite the finale featuring performances by the seventh-season Top 12 and numerous other artists -- from the Jonas Brothers to George Michael -- Lythgoe made it clear he thought it was a former Idol winner who delivered the most memorable moment.

"I've got to say for me, and this has been a little partisan, but Carrie Underwood stole the show," gushed Lythgoe.  "I thought she was absolutely sensational."

Source: http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-producer-david-cook-victory-grew-from-coast-coast-7173.php

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #352 on: May 22, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »
Great article, ca bb!  Thanks for sharing! 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #353 on: May 23, 2008, 03:06:55 AM »
That is a very enlightening article ca bb!  Thank you! :hugs:

Lythgoe also weighed in on Simon Cowell's apology to Cook moments before the results were revealed.  During Tuesday night's live performance episode, Cowell awarded all three rounds to Archuleta and said the teenager scored a "knockout" over Cook.

When Simon apologized to Cook, I thought "uh huh...Cook is the winner!"  Seemed too obvious since he had blatently declared DA the best for all 3 rounds.  Simon had to Cover His A$$ to save at least a little face!!  :lol:

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: May 23, 2008, 09:27:17 AM »
David Cook will be on Ellen on Tuesday May 27th.   :jumpy:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #355 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:17 PM »

When Simon apologized to Cook, I thought "uh huh...Cook is the winner!"  Seemed too obvious since he had blatently declared DA the best for all 3 rounds.  Simon had to Cover His A$$ to save at least a little face!!  :lol:

I had the same thought earlier in the day as soon as I heard the judges back-pedaling on their comments about Cook to the press. 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: May 23, 2008, 08:03:01 PM »

I had the same thought earlier in the day as soon as I heard the judges back-pedaling on their comments about Cook to the press. 

:lol: I remember we had said it seems as though AI has a vision of David A winning which they pushed right up until the votes came in

and the back pedaling began when it was too late, America voted for Cook.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: May 23, 2008, 08:06:30 PM »

David Cook will be on Ellen on Tuesday May 27th.   :jumpy:

Thanks for the heads up cherry  :wohoo:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #358 on: May 24, 2008, 06:46:20 PM »

David Cook will be on Ellen on Tuesday May 27th.   :jumpy:

Thanks for the heads up cherry  :wohoo:
Yeah, thanks cherry.  I just hope I remember to watch!
I'll put notes all over the house! :lol:

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #359 on: May 24, 2008, 06:55:29 PM »
David Cook and the others were on Larry King last night.   First Cook was interviewed alone....then Archie....then Cook and Archie together....then they brought out the rest of the Final 10 two at a time.  It was a fun interview.  I am sure it will be rerun over the weekend.

They will all be back again on Larry King's show on Monday, May 26th.  It's not a re-run....it will be a whole new show with them.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2008, 07:50:12 PM »
David Cook and the others were on Larry King last night.   First Cook was interviewed alone....then Archie....then Cook and Archie together....then they brought out the rest of the Final 10 two at a time.  It was a fun interview.  I am sure it will be rerun over the weekend.

They will all be back again on Larry King's show on Monday, May 26th.  It's not a re-run....it will be a whole new show with them.

:groan: omg I forgot to watch it.

Thanks for the heads up GrandmawLily for Monday's show :hugs:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #361 on: May 25, 2008, 03:57:05 AM »
David Cook and the others were on Larry King last night.   First Cook was interviewed alone....then Archie....then Cook and Archie together....then they brought out the rest of the Final 10 two at a time.  It was a fun interview.  I am sure it will be rerun over the weekend.

:wohoo: GrandmawLily!  Thank you!  I'll watch for a rerun on Monday.  (anyone know exactly what time it airs? )

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2008, 07:19:54 AM »

:wohoo: GrandmawLily!  Thank you!  I'll watch for a rerun on Monday.  (anyone know exactly what time it airs? )

Monday's show is NOT a re-run.  It will be a new show with the Final 10 Idols.

Fridays show may be rerun tonight....Larry King is on CNN at 8PM (CT) and again at 11PM (CT)  My listing doesn't give a show description, so I don't know for sure which episode will air tonight.

Monday's show should air at the same times.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2008, 02:01:53 PM »

Looking at Larry King's website and it seems that maybe tonight at 9pm they might air the repeat of Friday's show.

My listing doesn't show a description either so I had to check the site. There is a good chance we can still watch Friday's show tonight.

It says for tonight:

America voted and David Cook is the newest American Idol! A rockstar who's more heartland than Hollywood, David Cook takes your calls along with the other nine finalists! It's a Larry King Live exclusive! Part one of a two-part special!

PLUS - Don't miss a special second hour with your Idol Favorites on Monday, May 26!

TONIGHT, 9 p.m. ET

Then it says for Monday:

Can't get enough of 'American Idol'? Larry can't either! The winner and all nine finalists together with a behind-the-scenes scoop! What do you want to ask them? They answer your emails! It's a brand new special one-hour show you won't see anywhere else!

Larry Kings website: http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/larry.king.live/

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
Well I missed tonite's show, since I just now read this.   But I can watch the Monday show.  Thanks gals! 
ca...thanks for Larry Kings site addy.  :-* 

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: May 26, 2008, 03:23:17 AM »
Well I missed tonite's show, since I just now read this.   But I can watch the Monday show.  Thanks gals! 
ca...thanks for Larry Kings site addy.  :-* 

It was a repeat of Friday's show and I'm glad I was able to watch it.

Now if only I can remember to watch Part 2 tonight  :lol:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: May 26, 2008, 03:31:01 AM »

David Cook went out for dinner on a date with former American Idol Kimberly Caldwell

A video link is below:

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1571349370

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #367 on: May 26, 2008, 07:03:54 AM »

David Cook went out for dinner on a date with former American Idol Kimberly Caldwell

A video link is below:

Isn't she the one that interviewed David on the red carpet (either before or after he won) and he asked her out to dinner right then and there?

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #368 on: May 26, 2008, 09:54:16 AM »

A video link is below:

Isn't she the one that interviewed David on the red carpet (either before or after he won) and he asked her out to dinner right then and there?

Yes in deedy!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: May 26, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

I never saw Cook ask Kimberly out so I had to find a video of it, wow she was thrilled he asked her out.

... a youtube video

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: May 26, 2008, 05:24:17 PM »

:bounce David Cook will be on Ellen's show on Tuesday I'm glad I didn't miss it  :whew

The link for the show is below if you want to read more about it

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/

I also found a youtube video a preview for the show

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #371 on: May 26, 2008, 06:17:47 PM »
Oh thanks for the reminder about David being on Ellen's show, cabbfan!  I did forget.  Better write a note and stick it somewhere...NOW!!
:hugs:

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2008, 05:09:40 AM »

I never saw Cook ask Kimberly out so I had to find a video of it, wow she was thrilled he asked her out.

... a youtube video

love love LOVE that video!  :hearts:

Tooooooo cute!

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2008, 12:53:25 PM »
cookie was on Ellen today and you can watch his performance on her website http://ellen.warnerbros.com/ its the video of the day, it will only be up on the front page today, but will be in the video gallery also.

you can subscribe to ellen on idol on itunes and it will download the interview with David Cook also.  there is a link on her website for that also and its free.   :jumpy:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2008, 07:56:28 PM »
cookie was on Ellen today and you can watch his performance on her website http://ellen.warnerbros.com/ its the video of the day, it will only be up on the front page today, but will be in the video gallery also.

you can subscribe to ellen on idol on itunes and it will download the interview with David Cook also.  there is a link on her website for that also and its free.   :jumpy:

:hugs: awesome cherrypeep I just finished watching it, thanks so much  :tup: