Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 129993 times)

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2008, 04:30:12 PM »
Ok here is my opinion - I too agree that David Cook is far above the ones we have left.  David A doesn't do a thing for me and I wonder where he will fit in when he has a recording contract  :duno: He'll be like the other winners that no one would buy their albums so they no longer have contracts.   He is very dull and I hear that nasally singing and last night I thought he did a horrible job and was shocked with the comments he received.  But I do think if David Cook had a recording contract he would sell albums Opps CD's I'm aging myself  :lol: 

For changing AI the only thing I absolutely hate is the weeks with the mentors and more than half of the mentors have songs that the younger audience hasn't heard or people they know nothing about so the song choices are boring and uneventful.  And then when the mentors come on and sing their own song worse than contestants I absolutely feel sorry for them.   :groan:  More than I feel sorry for the contestants who usually butcher the songs.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2008, 04:33:56 PM »
Well, sunshine, I'm with Rudy in that David A was my favorite guy at the beginning, although I always preferred Carly over any of them.  David's early performances demonstrated a connection to the music that is rare in such a young singer.....

BUUUUUUT....

Over the weeks, I've liked him less and less (yes, I'm repeating myself from earlier in this thread) because his strength is so one-dimensional.  He's great at the big power-ballads, he can really jerk the old heartstrings with his impish little grin and awe-shucks mannerisms (I, personally, have become annoyed by both), but he's turning out to be less versitile than I originally thought he would be.  

He can't sing an up-tempo song and make it convincing to save his life.  Even this week when he sang "They're Comin' to America", I thought it came off as a bit frantic and A LOT forced.  I think there were MANY other songs in the Neil Diamond song book that would have suited him better, but honestly, the song choice was brilliant considering how badly it fit his voice.  Like Simon said, he ticked off all the check boxes...and I really don't think Simon was fully paying him a compliment with that comment!  

Again, to repeat myself from earlier in the thread, I'm afraid of the CD this kid would make.  I think it might bore me to tears (see my comment about the coffee and No Doz!)

Yes, overall David Cook is a MUCH better singer, far more polished and professional.  And he's the one singer left in this competition who I feel has a REAL shot at a career in music that will MEAN something.  I don't think it matters if he wins or not, he'll be big, but for the sake of AI's credibility, they NEED him to win this year.  The last big name to win was Carrie Underwood.  The others have seen meager success at best, and the downhill slide isn't good for future winners.  Record companies will eventually lose interest in the winners and just look at the 2nd through 6th place finishers for the REAL talent.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2008, 05:01:33 PM »
yes yes yes, very well said vanillalatte....that is my point Daivd Cook, MUST WIN! that guy will be BIG! but he needs the title of AI [not to be big] but to have the title and SELL the cd's. you got it to the T :tup: cook will win awards just like carrie does! i really dont think david A can make it BIG! in the way cook can. [not at this time] he needs to find himself! grow into a great singer ...i also feel like AI needs cook to win for crediblity also...it is time for another singer on AI to win the title that can make it big also!.;.i see that david A is in 3rd place on dail a idol! this week he is slipping in votes, i am in no way saying david A is not good, but. IMO he will not sell. it will be hard to market him! i am not in anyway bashing him! to me he sounds like he needs to maybe be in a sitcon?? the new micky mouse club...plays..something like that! COOK will be big! and i would love for another winner like carrie to have the title and make it big! but i do wish david A'S fan all the best and luck! i just think it is toime to have another REAL WINNER! that we can say hey we voted and made that guy our AI and he made it BIG!
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2008, 06:20:00 PM »
yes yes yes, very well said vanillalatte....that is my point Daivd Cook, MUST WIN! that guy will be BIG! but he needs the title of AI [not to be big] but to have the title and SELL the cd's. you got it to the T :tup: cook will win awards just like carrie does! i really dont think david A can make it BIG! in the way cook can. [not at this time] he needs to find himself! grow into a great singer ...i also feel like AI needs cook to win for crediblity also...it is time for another singer on AI to win the title that can make it big also!.;.i see that david A is in 3rd place on dail a idol! this week he is slipping in votes, i am in no way saying david A is not good, but. IMO he will not sell. it will be hard to market him! i am not in anyway bashing him! to me he sounds like he needs to maybe be in a sitcon?? the new micky mouse club...plays..something like that! COOK will be big! and i would love for another winner like carrie to have the title and make it big! but i do wish david A'S fan all the best and luck! i just think it is toime to have another REAL WINNER! that we can say hey we voted and made that guy our AI and he made it BIG!

Sunshine and Vanillalatte you are so on track with this I think David A will be big but gearing towards more of a broadway star.  He would be great in musicals, but selling himself I think not.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
yes yes yes, very well said vanillalatte....that is my point Daivd Cook, MUST WIN! that guy will be BIG! but he needs the title of AI [not to be big] but to have the title and SELL the cd's. you got it to the T :

No, I think you miss my point.  My point is that David Cook will be great with or without the title (ala Daughtry).  At this point, he's already gotten all the exposure he needs.  He'll sell CDs whether he wins or not.  Period.  American Idol needs David Cook far more than David Cook needs American Idol right now.

And if you want to know what David Archuleta's album would do...look no further than Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks.

Oh, and going back to Texas Lady's post about what's wrong with the show...I realized the most obvious one tonight.  The results shows suck.  They're so full of crap that I can't even stand to watch them anymore.  Thank heaven for my DVR.  I fast forwarded through all but about 15 minutes of it.  (Poor Brook!!! But hey, I called it!)  Go back to the 30 minute results shows and get rid of all the freakin' guest performances, stupid phone calls, and yet MORE interviews with the judges.  They waste my time and annoy me tremendously.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2008, 11:49:01 PM »
yes yes yes, very well said vanillalatte....that is my point Daivd Cook, MUST WIN! that guy will be BIG! but he needs the title of AI [not to be big] but to have the title and SELL the cd's. you got it to the T :

No, I think you miss my point.  My point is that David Cook will be great with or without the title (ala Daughtry).  At this point, he's already gotten all the exposure he needs.  He'll sell CDs whether he wins or not.  Period.  American Idol needs David Cook far more than David Cook needs American Idol right now.

And if you want to know what David Archuleta's album would do...look no further than Taylor Hicks and Jordin Sparks.

Oh, and going back to Texas Lady's post about what's wrong with the show...I realized the most obvious one tonight.  The results shows suck.  They're so full of crap that I can't even stand to watch them anymore.  Thank heaven for my DVR.  I fast forwarded through all but about 15 minutes of it.  (Poor Brook!!! But hey, I called it!)  Go back to the 30 minute results shows and get rid of all the freakin' guest performances, stupid phone calls, and yet MORE interviews with the judges.  They waste my time and annoy me tremendously.

yep! you got that right, on the results show, i cant stand the guest singers etc etc..i got what you were saying [your point about cook making it big without AI, he doesnt need AI, what i was trying to say was AI needs Cook!...yep! it will get to the point were the producers will NOT want AI cuz the GREAT singers get voted off, and they have to give the winner the contract knowing full well they WONT SELL. while people vote on looks, being cute. puppy love etc etc....what i was trying to say is, AI needs a REAL WINNER...that will sell for them..carrie is a very rich woman [now] after the contract with AI...they are on thier own!..but had it not been for AI carrie wouldnt be where she is today, [maybe, but i think AI helped her get there] i just want another singer that has the chance to be a real star [cook] to win.i hear ya! AI needs cook.. if they dont want these producer to stop this show, cuz alot of people dont vote for the best...can we say sanjani.[i dont think i spelled that right lol] from last year, what if that guy would have won, it would have been a nightmare for AI...i really wish people would vote for the best, i know everyone has different taste in music, but i dont see anything over the top with cook, [he is just plain GREAT] he seems like a nice guy. and i just dont want another winner that abunch of 10 year olds are voting for [sorry] but it is the truth, they are voting on the cute teenage boy, really nothing more than that..JMO but everyweek david A, sounds the same, its like i am hearing the same song over and over. for 17 years old yes he can sing, BUT i have heard 17 year olds that are not on AI sing just as good or better [at my church]..David A. just doesnt make me go WOW! that guy has it! now i think cook has IT!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2008, 01:03:24 AM »
 :jumpy: yay sunshine26 is back from a much needed holiday  :hugs:

Oh the one hour results show seems longer than that.

It sure seems like they drag it out, but I sat through it.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
Oh vanillalatte once again I totally agree with you.  I, too DVR the results show thank heaven for fast forward! :jumpy:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2008, 10:36:17 AM »
hi everyone :waves: hi ya! ca bb fan :hugs: yep! i was gone for afew weeks, great to see everyone!!! i just went to afew AI sites [huge ones] and all i could read about David A...was this guy is so precious, so cute....i think he is alittle doll...i will vote for him until my finger fall off...grrrrrrr..this is what i HATE about AI..[i am in no way bashing DA's fans, i just dont get why people vote for someone cuz they are a cute boy!...WOW! i just cant do that!...i really wish..people would vote on the singing..IMO DA just is not the next AI..[but he prob will be] and he will not be big, no way! i still am going to vote like a mad woman for COOK! lol...i hope all the cook fans vote like mad...and have a REAL WINNER this year..i knew the mintue i saw cook..he would be in the finale..[ I think it will be a D&D F2...] i just didnt think when i saw DA he would be so huge with the votes! if the kids are voting on being precious or cute, i would think they would be voting for jason over DA! [JMO] arent these kids supposed to be sleeping for school instead of staying up for 2 hours voting lol...sorry i just get alittle PO'D.. cuz the BEST singer who will be big...will prob not get the title, over puppy love. i hope i am wrong! and cook wins AI. DA is slipping in votes! i really believe that ryan called  the idols out of order. cook was way out in the lead over DA! [in votes] ryan, never said the 2 girls were the bottom 2, he just said one of these ladies is going home!...i really believe DA was 3rd in votes this week.

BUT AI has to make it look like he is the bomb :lala....my sister loves AI. but she has never voted. i told her she is going to start voting next week for cook lol...which is ok with her cuz she wants him to win also. i told her if she wants him to win, than another person who hasnt voted starts voting, it could be her 2 hours that puts cook in the lead or even the win! [sorry for the rant, i just dont get all this DA is the best thing that has ever been been on AI. I just dont see it  at all, ok rant over, for now  :funny:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »
LOL, sunshine.  I think you're obsessing over this just a weeeeee bit  :funny:

I look at it this way...sometimes America gets it wrong, and sometimes they get it SOOOOO right.  Remember when bo Bice was supposed to be a lock for the win????  Guess who won that year?  Yeah, you know. 

Regardless of the outcome, America always corrects its mistakes later...Chris Daughtry, anyone?

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »
LOL, sunshine.  I think you're obsessing over this just a weeeeee bit  :funny:

I look at it this way...sometimes America gets it wrong, and sometimes they get it SOOOOO right.  Remember when bo Bice was supposed to be a lock for the win????  Guess who won that year?  Yeah, you know. 

Regardless of the outcome, America always corrects its mistakes later...Chris Daughtry, anyone?

lol vanillalatte, :funny: there are 4 shows that i LOVE....BB..AI...TAR...and so you think you can dance...the only one my hubby LOVES are you ready for this...is so you think you can dance :ascared i was freaked out that he would love that show, he likes AI..thinks cook is great..he wactes it cuz well he has no choice lol..i hear ya! about Daughtry, i couldnt believe he was voted off! and i am so happy he made it big!..on to Bo. i really liked Bo...i loved this voice, BUT i never thought he would make it big,[south rock was more from the 70's. and not from today's music] i am 27 but all i listen to is rock music from the late 60's and 70's, and great rock music that is out now! i think america got it right with carrie winning, i am not that crazy about country music, but carrie did make it BIG!.. and there is alot of money in country music,

i knew carrie would be a big country star! i knew Bo had he won...would be another one that didnt make it! [but i did love Bo] so far america is getting it right, it doesnt matter how the idols are voted off top 7 top 5 etc etc.,...I know john M was good as was carly, but i didnt see them in the finale, so they had to go at some point.america pretty much knows who they want in the finale now!...i just think i will be ILL if DA wins this...just b/cuz he is percious, cute etc etc...i'm just going to say it, i dont think DA is cute. if the kids are voting on who is cute that would be jason JMO..he is alittle cutie. but so should NOT be there nor should he win.. i think jason will leave next, than syessa, than D&D finale...and i am going to vote like a freaking mad person...lol...i bet cook does care about winning ..alot of people will say they dont think they want to win etc etc..i could even tell Chris wanted to win AI! and at the end, so did Bo.

about taylor hicks, i know he hasnt made it big as far as selling cd's #1 hits etc etc, BUT that dude sells out concerts BIG TIME! he made like 4 or 5 million dollars last year. so he is doing pretty good. on his own! i see that AI is trying to get a hit single for Ruben [his song, is the one they play for the departed idol this year, [ceb me home!] i'm sure Ruben is going to do ok with that song, but he will fade away [again] its great chatting with ya! Vanill :waves:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #161 on: May 02, 2008, 12:21:52 AM »
sunshine26
..about taylor hicks, i know he hasnt made it big as far as selling cd's #1 hits etc etc, BUT that dude sells out concerts BIG TIME! he made like 4 or 5 million dollars last year. so he is doing pretty good. on his own!
Wow, I'm so happy to hear that, sunshine! :wohoo:  He was my favorite in season5, but I haven't kept up with how he's doing.  Once in awhile I'll read something about him, but it's about cds, not concerts.  I had no idea he was rockin so great with the concerts. So being an AI winner did help him!

Sunshine, Thank you bunches for sharing that info!
Yaaay Taylor...Soul Patrol! :wohoo:

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: May 02, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »
lol Rubyrules.....GO SOUL PATROL!!!!!! i was one of them lol. yep! i saw Taylor in houston,tx not to long ago, and it was at the BIG concert hall we have here, not the small ones....and it cost some money, the place was packed...Taylor also just had a pay preview concert....on cable TV, [had to paid to watch it] yep! i have kept up alittle with Taylor the guy is selling out concert halls, he was GREAT...his voice has gotten even better! he is wonderful to see live!...thanks for the picture!!!!! of Taylor...i think he is a cutie!.......now GO DAVID COOK!!!!!!!!!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2008, 03:42:13 AM »
Tanks for the Taylor update, Sunshine.  I'd give my right eye tooth to attend one of his concerts!  :jam:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2008, 04:30:22 AM »
I know you guys heard this so long ago, but I am just watching AI Gives Back and it is wonderful and It makes you want to help so much!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2008, 08:08:44 PM »
Oh vanillalatte once again I totally agree with you.  I, too DVR the results show thank heaven for fast forward! :jumpy:

:funny: Oh that's funny

I finally sat through a results show, it's the singing I can't stand and don't watch

It's funny at the begining of this season Nigel Lithgoe said ''I promise it's a different year altogether'' because the past season sucked

but to me no matter what he tries to do to the show it's the darn singing I can't tolerate  :groan:

There is noooooooo way I could listen to an entire season  :lol:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »

:funny: Oh that's funny

I finally sat through a results show, it's the singing I can't stand and don't watch

It's funny at the begining of this season Nigel Lithgoe said ''I promise it's a different year altogether'' because the past season sucked

but to me no matter what he tries to do to the show it's the darn singing I can't tolerate  :groan:

There is noooooooo way I could listen to an entire season  :lol:

I know I don't know what I would do without my DVR it's sometimes like nails scratching on a blackboard  to sit through an entire hour of the results show!  When everyone has to do the song in the beginning my heart goes out to them.  And I know I'm repeating myself but the mentors it's downright embarrassing when they sing. So far only mariah did a good job this year!  And the questions on the jumbo screen and everyone acts like its the first time they heard the question when Ryan asks them - guess they can't see the jumbo screen like us out in TV land!  (now I'm repeating vanillalatte, sorry) but hopefully they do something about it!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2008, 11:39:29 PM »

I know I don't know what I would do without my DVR it's sometimes like nails scratching on a blackboard  to sit through an entire hour of the results show!  When everyone has to do the song in the beginning my heart goes out to them.  And I know I'm repeating myself but the mentors it's downright embarrassing when they sing. So far only mariah did a good job this year!  And the questions on the jumbo screen and everyone acts like its the first time they heard the question when Ryan asks them - guess they can't see the jumbo screen like us out in TV land!  (now I'm repeating vanillalatte, sorry) but hopefully they do something about it!

You know rosesrred I enjoyed the first year it was kinda funny watching all the bad singers tryout

but over the years it's just not funny anymore nor a pleasure to watch.

I think my dislike began when AI was making fun of the ones that tried out that weren't well, kwim

and that is just not funny to humiliate and make jokes at their expense for tv.

But I know I'm not the only one as year after year their ratings are going down and people are losing interest

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #168 on: May 03, 2008, 11:44:50 PM »

This season when the auditions were going on my hubby and I sat there saying it was hard for us to watch because they seemed to put more mentally challenged people on and it stopped being funny at that point.  In years past it was more people who actually that they could sing and they really couldn't this year a new low

You know rosesrred I enjoyed the first year it was kinda funny watching all the bad singers tryout

but over the years it's just not funny anymore nor a pleasure to watch.

I think my dislike began when AI was making fun of the ones that tried out that weren't well, kwim

and that is just not funny to humiliate and make jokes at their expense for tv.

But I know I'm not the only one as year after year their ratings are going down and people are losing interest

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2008, 12:04:54 AM »

This season when the auditions were going on my hubby and I sat there saying it was hard for us to watch because they seemed to put more mentally challenged people on and it stopped being funny at that point.  In years past it was more people who actually that they could sing and they really couldn't this year a new low

So you know what I mean it's not funny and not entertaining and the ones that can kinda sing well I still can't sit through that

What's up with Paula too how ever does she sing if she can't even talk  :groan:

I mean if your that medicated you shouldn't be at work, it looks bad

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »
i too wish AI wouldnt be so long, stop showing all the auditions with the ones that didnt make it to hollywood, i think AI should start its season with the auditions of those who made it to hollywood, than show MORE of hollywood, than show MORE of ALL the top 24...than start the top 24 singing for our votes... than when it gets to the top 12...have the result show for 30 mintues, STOP the hour crap..and PLEASE STOP bringing special guest singers......focus more on the top 24. top 12. top 10. top 5. etc etc....and PLEASE PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!!! having musical show week! [broadway] that is so awful....this is NOT a show to find the next big broadway star! plus it is the most boring week IMO!..and Simon says things like that sounded to broadway, to musical,....than STOP IT! ok rant over [for now :funny:]

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2008, 12:50:05 PM »
I'm probably one of the few that actually enjoys Broadway week, but I'm a huge fan of musicals.  ALW is my favorite modern composer, so I enjoyed it.  One thing that we really get out of Broadway week is to see who can really SING. I think that's why Jason did so poorly and David Cook did so well.  Broadway week left Jason completely exposed, he didn't have his little vibe to fall back on, but rather he just had to sing.  Jason doesn't have the chops for that.  David C, on the other hand, finally got to show us just what kind of voice he has...no cool arrangements, no schtik, just singing...and it was glorious!

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »
I'm probably one of the few that actually enjoys Broadway week, but I'm a huge fan of musicals.  ALW is my favorite modern composer, so I enjoyed it.  One thing that we really get out of Broadway week is to see who can really SING. I think that's why Jason did so poorly and David Cook did so well.  Broadway week left Jason completely exposed, he didn't have his little vibe to fall back on, but rather he just had to sing.  Jason doesn't have the chops for that.  David C, on the other hand, finally got to show us just what kind of voice he has...no cool arrangements, no schtik, just singing...and it was glorious!

hi ya! vanillalatte :waves: yep! cook did a GREAT job on broadway week, [he studyed musical T. [broadway] at a very young age] i have a friend, that knew cook was going to be on AI..she has seen cook alot, she has even been to LA..and seen him on the stage there, i have a cousin that lives in LA she is a big time stock broker, and i prob could go to one of the AI shows, BUT i just got back from 2 weeks in new mexico, my hubby would freak out if i went on another hoilday!

my cousin could get tickets for the show in a heartbeat! i too LOVE broadway i go to plays all the time i love it!...and i love ALW..the guy is just WOW!..i love everything ALW has done....the only reason i said to not have one, is b/cuz of simon..with all that crap he gives about the idols sounding broadway...BUT if you are going to have a BW week than some are going to sound BW! simon needs to get over it! i loved that David Cook, did the song just the way it is, [the org] it really showed he is in control of his voice, and you are right on! jason WOW! awful..when i first saw the top 24 and saw jason, i would have never thought he was like a folk singer..

jason as david A sound the same everyweek to me! jason lives not far from me, about a hour drive!..BUT there is no way i would vote for jason , i never have and never will, which brings me to my point, as to why do some vote for idols based on looks, puppy love. and being from the voters hometown, i just cant do that, i vote on who i think is deserving, and Cook is![plus on the Texas message boards for AI, Texas LOVES COOK :jumpy:] i cant believe anyone could say cook is not the best singer on this show! again JMO. [i love, love chatting with ya! :hugs:]

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »

hi ya! vanillalatte :waves: yep! cook did a GREAT job on broadway week, [he studyed musical T. [broadway] at a very young age] i have a friend, that knew cook was going to be on AI..she has seen cook alot, she has even been to LA..and seen him on the stage there, i have a cousin that lives in LA she is a big time stock broker, and i prob could go to one of the AI shows, BUT i just got back from 2 weeks in new mexico, my hubby would freak out if i went on another hoilday!

my cousin could get tickets for the show in a heartbeat! i too LOVE broadway i go to plays all the time i love it!...and i love ALW..the guy is just WOW!..i love everything ALW has done....the only reason i said to not have one, is b/cuz of simon..with all that crap he gives about the idols sounding broadway...BUT if you are going to have a BW week than some are going to sound BW! simon needs to get over it! i loved that David Cook, did the song just the way it is, [the org] it really showed he is in control of his voice, and you are right on! jason WOW! awful..when i first saw the top 24 and saw jason, i would have never thought he was like a folk singer..

jason as david A sound the same everyweek to me! jason lives not far from me, about a hour drive!..BUT there is no way i would vote for jason , i never have and never will, which brings me to my point, as to why do some vote for idols based on looks, puppy love. and being from the voters hometown, i just cant do that, i vote on who i think is deserving, and Cook is![plus on the Texas message boards for AI, Texas LOVES COOK :jumpy:] i cant believe anyone could say cook is not the best singer on this show! again JMO. [i love, love chatting with ya! :hugs:]

Ok Sunshine I'm a hop, skip and a jump away from the AI show I would love to go in your place  :yess: :jumpy: :funny:  Just a thought!  :funny:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »
Here's a thought....

Bring back BIG BAND WEEK!!!  I don't understand why they got rid of that one!  I'd go for getting rid of Broadway week, if it meant the return of Big Band.  How could anyone forget the week that Kelli Clarkson finally emerged as a true threat to Tamyra Gray and Justin Guarinin?  It was just that week that began her surge to the forefront and ultimate win!  And Big Band is another style that doesn't allow the vocalist to hide in a niche...they have to show true vocal skill!