Author Topic: American Idol Season 7  (Read 131484 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Season 7
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2008, 06:18:16 AM »

Wow, down to the last 4, and less than an hour, 3 finalists! This season whizzed by!

I fearlessly predict that Jason's time on AI will end tonight. Bye Jason, I enjoyed you but last night was the KOD X's 3.  :waves:

:lol: Your funny TL, good guess  :tup:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2008, 06:30:17 AM »
Since this is the same week that we lost Chris Daughtry and Tamyra Gray, I decided that I would vote for the 2 hours after the show.  I got through around 30 times for David Cook, so hopefully that will be enough for him to make it through this week.   :yess:  I will be crushed if he goes this week.   :'(

At votefortheworst.com they have Jason Castro as the person this week to keep, hopefully they fail, they did last week with Brooke.  I am so discusted with these people that are ruining it for the contestants that do have talent.   (:;)

As for David A, I can not stand his nasally singing anymore and his fakeness.  I am sorry if some of you like him, but he is such a faker in my opinion regarding his song choices, he says things like I have never sang this song before,  blahblah blahblah, but then TMZ or some other site finds video of him singing those songs at parties and stuff.  He just needs to grow up and try again when he is in his 20's and let the talented contestants go farther this season.

sorry for the rant on David A but I had to vent somewhere.   :pull

I have my fingers crossed tonight for David Cook, he is by far my favorite.   :flirt:

:-* Hey cherrypeep your hard work paid off he's safe for another week 

Was that you  :flirt:  that called the show last night asking him for a date  ;)

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: May 08, 2008, 06:43:57 AM »

Was that you  :flirt:  that called the show last night asking him for a date  ;)

lol, no, but my son told me to call him, i was so excited to see him sit on that couch, i will do the voting again next week too, i cant risk him getting cut next week.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: May 08, 2008, 06:57:49 AM »

lol, no, but my son told me to call him, i was so excited to see him sit on that couch, i will do the voting again next week too, i cant risk him getting cut next week.

:lol: That's funny, your son and I were thinking the same thing

I'm glad we can laugh a bit until next week when the frantic voting begins again  :pull

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #204 on: May 08, 2008, 10:48:26 AM »
I'm so glad America got it right this week - except that Syesha shouldn't have been bottom 2.  I really think Jason was in over his head, and when Ryan asked him if he was relieve, you could just see it all over his face.  At least he admits that this was more than he could handle!  I've never seen such a jubilant final performance by an Idol who just got the boot!  I liked Jason and his vibe, but this was just not for him.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: May 08, 2008, 12:22:44 PM »
OK, I found the performances online and had time to watch most of them.  My rankings for this week:

David C.
Syesha
David A.
Jason

But, of course, David A won't be in the bottom two.   

You know what I don't get?  In previous seasons (including last year) contestants were crucified by the judges for doing the same thing over and over again.  Why not with David A?  He sings the same type of song giving the same performance and cheesy grin week after week, and the judges just ignore it.  I guess he really is the annointed one.  They want him to win this thing really bad. 

i hear ya!, and i am with ya! :tup: NOW we got to VOTE....if the 10-14 year olds can do it, we can lol... i am 27 BUT my mom is in her 40's and she loves COOK!....we just got to vote our butts off! i know it is harder cuz we have things we have to do, BUT i am voting like a mad woman for COOK to be in the finale, and than we get 4 hours :ascared to vote after the F2 sing.....we just got to do it! i just dont see DA making it big [sorry] i just dont see it! i know cook will, BUT i would love for him to have the title as the next AI...DA does nothing but slow soft ballards everyweek,  and i for one , am going insane over it :pull.....cook knows he has to bring it, and i know he will...by no means am i saying to vote cook if he is not who you want to win this, what i am saying is if you want him to WIN VOTE VOTE VOTE!.......thank you! for my daily rant :funny:

side note: DA is NO Elvis....and i dont understand why the judges thought that was hot???? it so was NOT..you take a idol that the judges dont like, from this season or past, if they sung that Elvis song like DA did, the judges would have told him/her to pack thier bags! IMO!

PS. it doesnt matter what the judges say, if we vote , vote , vote, we can make cook the winner, plus i think the judges would be just fine with cook winning! [thats if they , [AI] want to make some BIG money, cuz cook will sell big!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:41:23 PM by sunshine26 »
A Day Without Sunshine, Is..Well...Night.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »
sorry i forgot to add, for ALL you Cook fans, watch the opening of the kansas city royal's game this friday, cook will be throwing the 1st pitch, [apart of his homecoming party, AI will tape it, but we can see it live on friday :wohoo:]

ok i wanted to say why i really think DA should NOT win AI.

he doesnt follow through on his words in a song, [he doesnt finish his notes] his breathing can be heard over the music, i have also noticed he slides into his notes [octave] he has no control from going from a low range into a high range! he has no command over his control, IMO he is NOT ready, like Bo said last night , that old saying practice makes prefect, well it is so true, DA..might be a good singer, but IMO he is not ready for any contract!

whereas D.Cook...can slide up or down in a note and be PERFECT! Cook has breath control, cook has one of the BEST vibrato i have heard, he hits it right on each and everytime. cook is creative, orginal, and versatile, and he is ready NOW! there is nothing to change or correct with Cook!

keep up the GREAT singing... DAVID COOK!!!!!! the NEXT AI !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: May 08, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »
I'm so glad America got it right this week - except that Syesha shouldn't have been bottom 2.  I really think Jason was in over his head, and when Ryan asked him if he was relieve, you could just see it all over his face.  At least he admits that this was more than he could handle!  I've never seen such a jubilant final performance by an Idol who just got the boot!  I liked Jason and his vibe, but this was just not for him.

:groan: What a disappointment that was and a waist of everyones time. A really lousy attitude if you ask me.

It's his once in a lifetime chance as final 4 of AI .... well it's clear now why he didn't remember the lyrics.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: May 08, 2008, 08:45:18 PM »

.... some more great news, a reflection of this season:

Even as ratings continue to fall for American Idol 7 Fox’s series still wins, it “continued its downward trend, falling another 9% from last week,” according to The Hollywood Reporter, which notes that “ratings generally start to climb in May as the season finale approaches,” but not this year. Overall, 21.2 million watched Jason Castro silently beg viewers to send him home. Besides being down from last week, Variety notes it’s “down more than 10% vs. the same night a year ago.”

Source: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/dancing_with_the_stars_6/2008_May_07_dancing_ratings_up
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:23:50 PM by ca bb fan »

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2008, 08:51:58 PM »

I think the final 3 are pretty good singers but I don't have a fav, there just isn't anyone that I think has a phenomenal voice

I'm so glad I only caught bits and pieces of this season and really started watching at final 5

Next season someone better wow me with their voice or I will have to tune in at final 3  :funny:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »
Did anyone see the AI follow-up on the Today Show this week where there was a short snippet of an interview with David Foster?  I caught it but can't find the video online anywhere...anyway, Foster is a record producer who has worked with several of the previous Idols and has served as a guest mentor a few times over the seasons.  I believe he played piano for Katherine McFee when she was a guest performer on one of the results episodes.  He's known for turning talented unknowns into huge recording artists.

The video showed him saying he doesn't see any of the remaining idols as star material.  He doesn't see a Kelli Clarkson or Carrie Underwood in this group.  I thought that was quite an interesting comment coming from Foster.  I think he's generally right about Syesha and David A...but I still think David Cook could be big.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »
Did anyone see the AI follow-up on the Today Show this week where there was a short snippet of an interview with David Foster?  I caught it but can't find the video online anywhere...anyway, Foster is a record producer who has worked with several of the previous Idols and has served as a guest mentor a few times over the seasons.  I believe he played piano for Katherine McFee when she was a guest performer on one of the results episodes.  He's known for turning talented unknowns into huge recording artists.

The video showed him saying he doesn't see any of the remaining idols as star material.  He doesn't see a Kelli Clarkson or Carrie Underwood in this group.  I thought that was quite an interesting comment coming from Foster.  I think he's generally right about Syesha and David A...but I still think David Cook could be big.

hi ya! vanillalatte :waves: i didnt hear this! WOW! that dude might be big at getting some huge recordings BUT he has it all WRONG...COOK will be big!..i cant believe he would say something like that I know there is a David, cant remember his last name, that is the ceo of the record lable for AI, his last name isnt forster, so i dont know this other David.

....i still think DA should be in a play or sitcon, [not] the next AI!....but nancy grace, had her whole show last night on a person who tried out for AI this season, he is 19 and he was caught trying to pickup 10-12 year old boys......[GOD HAVE MERCY]...the guy that she was talking about didnt even make it to hollywood, he was awful...but she made it sound like he was on the show! his name is Langle [i think i spelled it right???] he was one of the ones AI shows as the worse of the worse, but Grace made it sound like he was on the show! breaking news and all! talking about back ground checks,

AI does do back ground checks ONLY if you make it on the show..i wanted to jump in the TV and tell her NO AI cant do back ground checks on thousands and thousands of people who try out, BUT AI does do them if you make it to hollywood, in which this  guy didnt even get to sing 4 notes , cuz he was so bad!

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2008, 04:31:49 PM »
AI does do back ground checks ONLY if you make it on the show..i wanted to jump in the TV and tell her NO AI cant do back ground checks on thousands and thousands of people who try out, BUT AI does do them if you make it to hollywood, in which this  guy didnt even get to sing 4 notes , cuz he was so bad!

Eh...Nancy Grace is only one step up for tabloid TV. And it's a SMALL step!  The guy on E!'s The Soup loves to hack on her...he's hysterical!  And yes, AI does background checks on everyone who goes to Hollywood week because any of them could make the show.  Their background checks have gotten MUCH stricter since Corey Clark.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2008, 08:37:50 AM »
Here is the TMZ link for that perv....

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/08/idol-reject-popped-for-pervy-sex-texts/

:groan: Oh man, I remember that guy. Good grief  :barf

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2008, 10:01:29 AM »

Eh...Nancy Grace is only one step up for tabloid TV. And it's a SMALL step!  The guy on E!'s The Soup loves to hack on her...he's hysterical!  And yes, AI does background checks on everyone who goes to Hollywood week because any of them could make the show.  Their background checks have gotten MUCH stricter since Corey Clark.

yep! you got it right, AI only does the background checks on EVERYONE that makes it to hollywood, they cant , do background checks on ALL the ones that dont make it to hollywood, it is thousands and thousands who try out! but yes if you make it to hollywood AI will do a background check on all of them [i.e. it is the POLICE 'S JOB to find info on these sucmbags, and STOP letting them fall through the system. ..but like i said if you make it to hollywood [even if you are NOT put on the show, AI does do background checks on them] Grace showed the top 3, as if this MONSTER made the show! grrrrrrrr.... i hope that MONSTER gets the MAX.,...i have a very strong reason for this, and it is very dear to my heart. note my signature, help STOP the abuse of women and Children, my precious neice was killed by a MONSTER alittle over 2 years ago, i co-founded a org.,..for tougher laws....our family had to live in hell for over a year in court, there is not aday that goes by that my family doesnt think of my precious neice Tina, [it is still a nightmare] but we got out and did something about it!. to this day, my sister and I,...do anything and everything we can to STOP this nightmare of MONSTERS taking our precious children!

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2008, 12:51:38 PM »
David A's Dad Banned from AI... from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/10/archuletas-dad-banished-from-idol/

This is the greatest news ever, this guy is a nut case.   :yess:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: May 12, 2008, 12:20:03 PM »
David A's Dad Banned from AI... from TMZ

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/10/archuletas-dad-banished-from-idol/

This is the greatest news ever, this guy is a nut case.   :yess:

Here's the video from the Today show this morning:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/24575088#24575088

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2008, 03:54:45 AM »

:popcorn:  Tonight the Top 3 finalists will perform live on American Idol.

The contestants will sing their hearts out in hopes of winning America's vote

and the opportunity to compete in next week's Season Finale.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2008, 09:26:01 AM »
hi everyone :waves: i LOVE that Simon picked the first time ever i saw your face: for [David Cook, to sing] i know he will make that song his own, and it should have ALOT of rawest to it! WHOA!!!!! :wohoo:......i also wanted to say that David A'S dad [Jeff] put out a statement the other day [that guy is a nut!!! sorry but WOW! the story is ture about him NOT being able to be with DA!...there is a FALSE STATEMENT out there ..by DA'S fans trying to pass it off as a statement from AI saying they NEVER told DA'S dad [Jeff] he couldnt be with DA behind the stage...it is a false statement..

Jeff even said he could ONLY be part of the veiwing...he went on to say that he is going to do everything in his power to make DA the next AI...that [they] been through alot...well so has EVERYONE else...Cook's borther has Cancer..but he doesnt go around wanting pitty votes...Cook has had to be rushed to hospital BUT he doesnt speak about it!

I cant list the whole statement here, it would be to long. it is at the AI boards...the guy is just a crazy mess. he [Jeff] is like a mommy dearest! [i dont care for the guy, at all] i STILL dont think DA will SELL..i dont see it! and his dad [Jeff] is going to make it even harder for DA....cuz DA said he ONLY will listen to what his dad wants..i STILL think DA sings through his nose! i STILL think he should be on a sitcom! I am also very PO'D at this, cuz this could make DA'S fans, and other Idols fans of someone else voted off vote for DA, for the pitty vote [as in poor little david give him the win grrrrrr] just SHUT UP ALREADY. Jeff (:;) i STILL am going to VOTE like a MAD PERSON for COOK...the NEXT REAL AI that WILL MAKE IT BIG TIME !!!!!!! :wohoo: for ALL you COOK FANS....PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE...for COOK and ONLY COOK..we CANT SPLIT VOTES.. it is wayyyyyyyyyy to important to just VOTE COOK!

thanks again...for my daily rant :funny:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:35:08 AM by sunshine26 »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2008, 10:23:09 PM »
 :-* Sunshine.

I think we know the final 2, David A and David C. I waited to do my calling an hour and 15 mins after the show ended, I got as many busy signals for David Cook as I did for votes. (10 votes, 10 busy signals)

David Archuleta's lines were only busy 3 out of 10 tries.

I thought David A's first song was the best he's done so far. Keeping his dad away was good for him.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline cherrypeep

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2008, 05:53:11 AM »
i called the whole 2 hours and got through 36 times (my lucky number) for Cookie   :wohoo:

I think David Cook did awesome the whole night, he deserves to win this show, he has the ability to change the music and sing anything that is put in front of him.  The perfect example was Simon's song choice for him.

David A on the other hand can only sing slow songs and not that well either and he completely butchered the second song.  If AI wants to make any money and have a great AI than David Cook needs to win this show, period.

Syesha did great on her first song but after that she just wasn't able to connect, I felt sorry for her.   :'(

Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that all that dialing I did last night was enough, I am pretty sure it was since it was busy most of the time.

Offline sunshine26

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2008, 10:37:54 AM »
hi everyone, well i was crying last night :ascared lol and i never have done that about a idol on AI...Cook...the first time i saw your face, i was just crying, he did a wonderful job on that song, it was beauitful! [great pick Simon] and the funny thing is this, my hubby didnt make fun of me for crying....i love the movie that the first time i saw your face was in [play misty for me]

a older clint eastwood movie, eastwood played a radio DJ..and this crazy but pretty woman would call him every night and ask him to play misty for her...eastwood had a one night stand with the woman, and the woman started stalking him, eastwood went back to his girlfriend that he loved so much the crazy woman tried to kill eastwood's girlfriend!....it showed eastwood and his girlfriend walking on the beach, with the song the first time i saw your face playing![I also cried watching that ] eastwood kills the stalker in the movie! if no one has seen that movie [Play Misty For Me] try to, it is a very good movie and eastwood is so FINE LOOKING in the movie! it might be a older movie but it was ahead of it's time! GREAT GREAT JOB COOK! :jam:...oh i cried on the 3rd song also! lol......i will be voting the WHOLE 4 hours [only if cook is in the finale] which he should be..cook is wayyyyyyyyyyyy out #1 on dail a idol and text votes! i mean wayyyyyyyyyyy out in front over DA! but what is sad, is this

Syesha, should be in the final 2 IMO...not DA! i am alittle fearful cuz alot of boards show if she is voted off, her fans will be voting for DA..we cook fans, got to get some family and friends that havent voted yet to START. one of my sister's watches AI everyweek, she LOVES cook and wants him to win! BUT she has NEVER VOTED (:;) i told her she is staying the night with me next tuesday with her 3 cells....and she is voting the WHOLE time! with calls and texting! lol.. she is going to spend the night! remember cook fans we got to VOTE VOTE VOTE like it is our JOB! COOK THE NEXT REAL AI...PLUS COOK said he REALLY wants to WIN THIS! :hugs: i say lets do all we can, to give Cook the WIN :jam:

side note: DA was just awful last night [sorry] but that second song was plain awful, he was NOT in the zone as Randy said [WTH is WRONG with Randy] DA messed up a WHOLE freaking verse in that song, and it was another singing through the nose.....on all 3 [again] sorry i just dont get this DA puppy love! the kid WONT SELL.....i bet you money on it! if that kid wins, he will be another winner that wont go nowhere, maybe on a TV sitcom, BUT not a HUGE SELLING SONGS STAR! i just dont see it!

thanks [again for letting me do my daily rant lol :funny:

PS to TL hi ya! girlfriend  :hugs:

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
I think it's pretty obvious that the final 2 will be the Davids.  Even my hubby, who only watches occassionally (because I MAKE him!) thought that they were the best two.  We both wondered what in the WORLD the producers were thinking picking that third song for Syesha.  It was a sure fire way to make the voters forget she was even there. 

For David A, I groaned at both Paula's and the producers' picks for him.  Longer????   :groan:  Could they have picked anything duller for him??????  I fought the urge to fast forward through his performance.  However, in his attempt to "try something younger", he stumbled terribly.  His own selection for himself seemed like hard work for him, he didn't seem as at-ease on the stage.  I will say, he looked far more relaxed last night....have something to do with daddy being banned????  Me thinks YES!

David Cook's first song was spectacular!  Simon chose a song that suited his voice perfectly and he sang the heck out of it!  His second song was OK, but I don't think any of them did an outstanding job with their own picks.  For his third song, I was a little concerned when I heard Seacrest annound the Aerosmith anthem...the choice was a little predictable and overdone.  I'd have rather heard him do Creed, Nickelback, or even some Chili Peppers, but Cook delivered a great performance.  I agree with Simon that he won the night. 

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »
While watching the morning news the anchors (all of them 2 main anchors, entertainment and weather) all said the same thing the majority of us have been saying about David A.  That he is getting much better remarks from the judges than he deserves.  And David A and Syesha would be great on broadway but could not fill any concert halls like lets say The Staples Center.  But all could see David Cook not only filling it but selling it out quickly.  And that none of them could see where David A fit in.  It kinda validated what we have been saying and knowing that we are not being mean that we just have ears and the bias is definetly showing on the judges side.  Anyways I'm sure Disney will sign him up because David A surely will fit into that genre singing what Disney tells him and having the 7 thru 13 year olds croon over him.  And that is only if he puts his dad in his place because not sure Disney will put up with his antics.  The Entertainment guy (Sam Rubin) said that Syesha is beautiful on TV but in person she is breathtakingly beautiful and sounded better live than on the TV.  So I guess the TV isn't doing her justice.  But he didn't say that about David A.  Guess he sounds the same on TV and Live.

With that said here are my takes:

David A was the same but the second song was painful to watch he seemed totally out of his element. 

Syesha was ok to me and I think she gets bad remarks from the judges because they want her to go.

David Cook well he did great tonight I didn't like the first part of his first song (Simon's choice) but he got much better as the song went on.  But I loved the way he rocked Aerosmith.  I believe Randy doesn't like him and wants David A to win.  But Simon usuallly always gets it right with his comments and he was spot on with David Cook.

I tried voting for David Cook for hours and lines 06 and 09 were busy non stop couldn't get through at all but on 03 I got through but it was busy for long periods of time.  Didn't try any other lines for the other singers so I have no idea how busy any of their lines were.  It'll be interesting tonight. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:01:11 PM by rosesrred »