Author Topic: TARCAN 9 Episode 4 (July 25, 2023) LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place (if there are any). If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Weird leg. A very heavy sponsor placement leg and almost too linear.
They were almost everywhere, except for the Face Off.
No RBs, no detours, 3 ARIs and one Face-Off. At least, there were some level of difficulty with the 3 ARI.
It didn't matter that the drag-queens didn't finish their penalty from previous leg, it had no effect, and there was a travel equalizer from the get go.
The speed bump was not hard, but the dread was interesting. But it doesn't matter, as the face-off was after, and that still works as some sort of equalizer.
The outcome of the leg was almost decided by navigation, as nullified the last place face-off 10 minute penalty.
My spec that the assist is only eligiable only for certain tasks seems to be valid, it would have only applied for the picture ARI.
Sad to see the 2 first nation teams racing against each other for survival at the end.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Arguably one of the worst legs (in terms of design) this version has seen. Two tasks to start which are nearly identical? No RB/detour. Mostly sponsored content.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
Didn't care for the sponsorships, but in terms of actual leg design, the linearity didn't much matter to me.  The teams' standings changed so much that I anticipated neither the winning team nor the eliminated one.  Placements shifted literally every task; it was more dynamic than most legs we see.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's a good thing the drag queens didn't win this leg. Somehow, I think the last thing Jermaine wants is a trip to the Bahamas.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Question: The production end the drag queen's 6h penalty before it was suppose to?

I feel like they did, because otherwise they would have missed the ferry and that would have probably been an automatic elimination? (If the next ferry was only the next day?) But still this isn't very fair. Like in season 1 episode 2, they didn't help the gay cowboys from getting that last flight that doomed them right away.

Offline Max K

• RFF Jr. Member
Question: The production end the drag queen's 6h penalty before it was suppose to?

I feel like they did, because otherwise they would have missed the ferry and that would have probably been an automatic elimination? (If the next ferry was only the next day?) But still this isn't very fair. Like in season 1 episode 2, they didn't help the gay cowboys from getting that last flight that doomed them right away.

You don't need to take a ferry from Victoria to Tofino/Ucluelet - they are all on Vancouver Island. It's about a 4 hour drive from Victoria to Ucluelet.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
No but they were in Whistler! So I'm guessing they stoped the penalty because they all took the last ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo, and if the drag queens missed it, they would have to take one the next morning and be like 3-4 hours behind everybody (and that would have been interesting for the face-off... I guess they would have cancelled it because it's not fair for a team to wait this long)