Author Topic: EP9 Title:Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil?  (Read 57855 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP9 Title:Do you Know how much Running I Did today, Phil?
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2006, 12:33:18 PM »
i wonder if that money comes out of there emergency fund that happenes to be 200 IIRC.
whats IIRC ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2006, 12:33:52 PM »
IIRC= If i Recall Correctly

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »
oh , ok I never saw that before  :doh:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2006, 12:52:40 PM »
Puddin, i may be able to do a time on that shot.  I'm a little short of time myself.  What I still need is a way to determine where around the lighthouse that road and sign is.  In the compass sense.  I see the ocean but it could be seen from anywhere since this lighthouse in on a hill in the middle of the island.

This is a start:  (just pulling in other peoples work here)

Are these the same place?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:29:37 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2006, 01:17:17 PM »
thats the general area Chateau , I'll try to find a better picture...........fast

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2006, 01:28:06 PM »
this area

( still looking for info )
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:37:54 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2006, 02:22:07 PM »

I dunno Gman , maybe you missed this clue ?
webclue
All of the teams but one sit anxiously on their plane waiting to take off hoping that the duo straggling behind will not make it in time . Will they?

I'm going to leave Turt a message , maybe he can tell us how far apart the 3 teams he saw were or what order .
 :tup:

All of the teams on the plane could be either three or four with one still trying to get on.  But, if there is some kind of task to do in Oman before they leave, then all five teams may all be trying to get on the same late evening plane leaving at 8:40PM.  They then would be landing in Perth at 5:25PM the next day.  But how long would it then take them to get to Fremantel?  We see Fran and Barry at least entering the hotel/youth hostle when it is probably late and dark, so it has to be after sunset at 7:00PM.  Probably went to the ferry dock first and found out that the first ferry did not leave until 7:30AM. But unless the teams were held up for a lengthy period of time at the Perth Airport (customs, immigaration - by the way you do NEED a VISA for entry into Australia!!) it wouldn't take them an hour an a half for a taxi ride to the Ferry Teminal for Rottnest Island.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 02:31:01 PM by gingerman28 »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2006, 02:51:14 PM »
it wouldn't take them an hour an a half for a taxi ride to the Ferry Teminal for Rottnest Island.

Given the spoiler sighting that slowhatch posted previously, sounds like they lose some time going to Kings Park War Memorial for their first clue.  That and probably a slow customs agent (heard some rumors of racers being fined) could account for the the late time.  Remember, they are flying in from OMAN , so the flight will get a good looking over by immigration.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:03:15 PM by Boingo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2006, 03:11:45 PM »
I can't call it Puddin.

Here is your map with the angles of the shots.  The problem I have is that I can't place the camera, BJ&T, and the backsie of that sign in a line that matches the given background.  That background being downsloping garassy stuff.

:'( :umn:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2006, 03:55:21 PM »
Getting bored again.  Just throwing this out there.  Fun things to do in Perth.
This would give the racers a good workout.      :snicker:

Jacob's Ladder

It's also very close to Kings Park...hmm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2006, 04:08:26 PM »
No problem Chateau , sorry to put you through all of that .. :kuss:

Jacobs ladder is cool Boingo ! LOL , I hope they use it !!

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2006, 06:50:32 PM »

I'm out too puddin  :'( by the time I finish sculpting his head, the show is over  :groan:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »
No problem Puddin.  Suffice it to say that it is pretty early in their shot.  I'll see about an estimate of solar altitude later on.  One good thing about that shot is it looks like the cameraman has the sun almost directly behind him.  That cuts down on the trig errors that I never bother to fully correct for.  Maybe Banzai's program will work it out  Envious here!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2006, 06:57:53 PM »
I'm sorry so , dont kill youselves guys  :groan:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »
the program is SketchUp, Chateau. It was acquired by Google.  :jam:
http://www.sketchup.com/

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2006, 07:20:34 PM »
I may have missed this, but where does the ferry land in Rottnest Island?  And if they pick up the bicycles-built-for-two at the ferry landing, how far is it to the lighthouse?

The shot of one team coming up the hilly road sure matches the shot from the lighthouse.  Looks like they have to push the bikes up the last part in order to reach the clue box.

Clue here probably sends them off to the DETOUR.  One task looks like DIVE.  The other task may have to do with moving brush to clear an area or something which is what we see Tyler doing.  He doesn't look like he is covering his tracks - notice all the tracks above him.  So maybe it is DRIVE.

Looks like Tyler and Monica are doing the ROADBLOCK (That's Joseph holding the red Roadblock clue, and he calls out some more advice to Mo who is off trying to fit the key into the lock.)

Looks like Jeremy going first down the ladder into the tunnels and then later climbing up again in the same place.  Strange. The person has on a similar gray shirt as JO but the sleeves are shorter and lack the dark band around the end of the sleeve. Is this by chance a two-part Roadblock?  Or does going through the tunnels lead to the clue about the key to a certain cell which is the Roadblock task?

I know, I know it is Monday night and a lot of questions.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2006, 07:41:59 PM »
The ferry lands at the Thompson Bay jetty. Here is a pdf map of the settlement (105kb). It's a short walk from the jetty to the Tearooms or the Bike hire. The inland route (Digby Drive) to the lighthouse is 3 miles (according to CBS).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2006, 07:53:11 PM »
I'm guessing they leave their gear/backpacks at the Bike rental ? the site says no cars are allowed . No idea what Tyler is doing with the dead bush .

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2006, 09:09:39 PM »
Puddin, do you have the link to the Woodside spoiler? I don't know if they're connected (or even how accurate the spoilers are), but the war memorial is less than a mile from Woodside tower (kmz files attached).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2006, 09:28:31 PM »
Puddin, do you have the link to the Woodside spoiler? I don't know if they're connected (or even how accurate the spoilers are), but the war memorial is less than a mile from Woodside tower (kmz files attached).
  :groan:  It's buried around here somewhere

START: Perth/Rottnest, Australia (November 23, 2005)
Sighting in Perth/Rottnest ON these dates at Woodside building, Fremantle prison, lunch stop

just adding a picture
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 11:38:42 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2006, 11:45:59 PM »
fwiw

RocStarMarch 2nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Rumour has it, The Amazing Race come to Perth!! Can anyone confirm this?
New series starts tonite
!

IpggiMarch 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
They have already been.

They were over late last year. I had a friend who was over for business and he saw them filming in Fremantle. He was staying at the Esplanade Hotel, and so was the host and crew.

Offline mcalpine9

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2006, 07:05:18 AM »
I have done some thinking about the ferries.  There appears to be 2 ferry services. The Express which leaves the mainland at 7:30am and have return trips at 8:15am, 10:30 am, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm. The cost per return ticket is US$38.  The other service is Hillary Fast Ferries - they leave the mainland at 8:30am and return at 9:30am, 11:30 am and 4:30 pm. the cost per return ticket is US$50.

I have a few quetions for us to ponder on:

All tickets are return tickets. So if a team wants to come back on a different ferry service do they have to buy a completely new set of tickets? If so, the cost of these tickets could force teams to come back on the same ferry service - most likely the Express - especially after spending money to stay somewhere for the night.

Could BJ and Tyler been so successful in their begging that they had enough money to buy extra tickets for the return trip? From Turt's observations one team had quite a lead over the other teams. How did BJ and Tyler build up such  lead over all teams in just a bicycle ride and a detour task? They must have been succesfull  getting onto a ferry where the other teams couldn't. I think BJ and Tyler got on on the 9:30am Hillary ferryor 10:30am Express, Franberry on the 10:30am Express and the remaining teams on the 2:30pm Express.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2006, 08:49:07 AM »
I have done some thinking about the ferries.  There appears to be 2 ferry services. The Express which leaves the mainland at 7:30am and have return trips at 8:15am, 10:30 am, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm and 4:30 pm. The cost per return ticket is US$38.  The other service is Hillary Fast Ferries - they leave the mainland at 8:30am and return at 9:30am, 11:30 am and 4:30 pm. the cost per return ticket is US$50.

I have a few quetions for us to ponder on:

All tickets are return tickets. So if a team wants to come back on a different ferry service do they have to buy a completely new set of tickets? If so, the cost of these tickets could force teams to come back on the same ferry service - most likely the Express - especially after spending money to stay somewhere for the night.

Could BJ and Tyler been so successful in their begging that they had enough money to buy extra tickets for the return trip? From Turt's observations one team had quite a lead over the other teams. How did BJ and Tyler build up such  lead over all teams in just a bicycle ride and a detour task? They must have been succesfull  getting onto a ferry where the other teams couldn't. I think BJ and Tyler got on on the 9:30am Hillary ferryor 10:30am Express, Franberry on the 10:30am Express and the remaining teams on the 2:30pm Express.

mcalpine, the other ferry service I was referring to was Oceanic Cruise (http://www.oceaniccruises.com.au/rottnest.htm). This schedule is from Dec 2005-April but may be the same. That is where I got the 9:15 and 12:30 return times. If teams hop on a Hillarys ferry they are in trouble. Hillarys Fast Ferries does NOT return to Fremantle but to Hillarys harbour north of Perth.

As far as return price for ferry tickets, who knows? I could easily see teams bargaining with a ferry operator to let them ride either on a return ticket for a diff. company or for free -- anything is possible when you are toting around a camera crew.  :lol:

ETA: TPTB probably had pre-arranged with both ferry companies for teams to take either back. The times between departures on the Express, 10:30-2:30 in particular is way too far apart. Oceanic has a 12:30 which would fit in between. And we don't know if the ferries ran completely different schedules for TAR -- stranger things have happend!  ???
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 08:56:28 AM by supsandalee »

Offline gingerman28

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2006, 10:57:44 AM »
This doesn't really  belong here, but this here is where the action is!!

In Phil's Blog for Ep7 (just posted on the CBS website) he does not mention a trip to Rome or the Da Vinci clue.  He says they went right from Siracusa directly to Athens Greece!.  Also they never mention Rome in the lead in for Ep8.  Wha' Happen?

Could all of that been added afterwards?