Author Topic: EP5 Title : "Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in High School"  (Read 74449 times)

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP5 Title : "Good Thing I Took That Human Anatomy Class in High School"
« Reply #300 on: March 27, 2006, 10:19:24 AM »
Guys, I didn't watch any of the previews for this episode. Is Lori meltdown present in all the previews?? If so, cinni could be right. Too much exposure means misdirection, safety.

I'm still believing that Dave/Lori are safe. :jam:

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: March 27, 2006, 10:21:11 AM »
I had nothing better to do than to look at more Segesta info.

When the teams drive to Segesta they must park their vehicles very near the temple. I could easlily see a team confusing the Segesta theater with the Segesta temple and running on up the path (pitstop?). There is no parking at the theater so teams must either take a shuttle bus or walk. The walk may seem easy at first since it is under a mile but it is very curvy and uphill the entire way. The parking lot has an elevation of 875 and the theater 1375. The walk could be brutal for those not in the best shape. Even worse, they could be passed by a team who took the shuttle. Questions:

1. Does the road that the frats are on look wide enough? Shuttle buses would be traveling along there. Here are some shots of the road heading towards the temple.

2. Why are they on the road and not the path that cuts out the curves (shortcuts)?

3. Are we sure they are running to the theater and not away from? I've tried looking at google earth and cannot find the difference based on the road. Perhaps that faint hint of mountain on their right could help?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: March 27, 2006, 10:24:40 AM »
Actually Hi-Fi it was only the after show promo that Lori is shown having a meltdown , honestly no one is shown in trouble in the on-line /tv commercial's . No one drowns and no one faces their fears this time around , imagine that  :lol: ?

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #303 on: March 27, 2006, 10:28:53 AM »
Actually Hi-Fi it was only the after show promo that Lori is shown having a meltdown , honestly no one is shown in trouble in the on-line /tv commercial's . No one drowns and no one faces their fears this time around , imagine that  :lol: ?

LOL. Are you kidding me?? No one conquers their fears this time?? This is so not TAR. :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: March 27, 2006, 10:42:59 AM »
 :lol3: I know Hi-Fi , the only thing bad that happens is Lori has a meltdown .
The only three teams in trouble this week elimination , I agree with the Dees , Lake & Michele ( hinky that they last longer ) and Lori & David .
See my guess is Lake & Michele are the ones that drive to the Pitstop before the Roadblock ..we don't know that its them ..really it could be any team .
So what happens to this team that arrives at the Pitstop ? do they simply drive to the Roadblock ( which is probably in walking distance from the Pitstop ? ) or do they have to take a bus only to the Roadblock which would make them drive more out of the way  ??? Does anyone have a good layout of this Temple & the Aphitheatre ?

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #305 on: March 27, 2006, 10:49:33 AM »
Kinda off-topic. Didn't Bertram Van Muster (sp?) say that this race would have a lot of name calling between the teams? Or am I imagining things here? If he did say that, I wonder when will the competition get nasty.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #306 on: March 27, 2006, 10:49:53 AM »
Sups, here is the comparison that I used:

Also, I bet racer instructions say that they must use the road.  They are forbidden to take short-cuts off the road.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 10:54:17 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #307 on: March 27, 2006, 10:56:14 AM »
Hey thats Awesome Chateau !! :jumpy:

Kinda off-topic. Didn't Bertram Van Muster (sp?) say that this race would have a lot of name calling between the teams? Or am I imagining things here? If he did say that, I wonder when will the competition get nasty.

Lake said something about not leting the Black girl beat her and the Dees were called the Ho's first Ep , maybe thats what Bert was trying to hype up ?
IMO these teams are all getting along all to well .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #308 on: March 27, 2006, 11:33:44 AM »
So what happens to this team that arrives at the Pitstop ? do they simply drive to the Roadblock ( which is probably in walking distance from the Pitstop ? ) or do they have to take a bus only to the Roadblock which would make them drive more out of the way  ??? Does anyone have a good layout of this Temple & the Aphitheatre ?

If the pitstop is the temple (which I suspect -- but you never know), then the team would just run back down and either walk or take a shuttle bus to the theater. The parking for the area is at the temple and there is no parking at the theater.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: March 27, 2006, 11:45:35 AM »
Sups, here is the comparison that I used:

Also, I bet racer instructions say that they must use the road.  They are forbidden to take short-cuts off the road.

That looks good. What eagle eyes you have! But I still have to wonder about the guys location based on the road they are on. It looks more like a paved path and not a full road.

a) There are no dark tire marks like on the road in my pics above; and b) It doesn't look as wide and would be dangerous if a bus came around a corner.

That being said, I can't find any other possible location in the area on google earth.  :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #310 on: March 27, 2006, 12:43:36 PM »

If the pitstop is the temple (which I suspect -- but you never know), then the team would just run back down and either walk or take a shuttle bus to the theater. The parking for the area is at the temple and there is no parking at the theater.

Thats what I was looking for , thanks Sups  :waves:. so going to the pitstop first is no big deal ..it's all based on who finish's the statue last .

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: March 27, 2006, 01:00:34 PM »
Puddin, is it still holding true that the webclues are in order? If so, it got me thinking. The team who mistakenly goes to the pitstop is most likely the frats or the hippies. Their times indicate they are way ahead of the other teams (they may be the only ones making the early flight). If the clues are in order this happens before three of teams are even at the detour.

Webclues

One Duo gets lost on the way to the Roadblock and ends up at the Pitstop instead, will this mistake jeopardize their position in the race?

Competition heats up between three teams as they fractically try to locate a marked piece of clothing among 2400 pieces of laundry .

One team member has a meltdown while trying to piece together a statue.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: March 27, 2006, 01:10:17 PM »
and maybe thats why we see E&J perhaps passing the Hippies on the path if thats the case ? Good thoughts Sups !!!!!!!!!  :jumpy:

Yahoo's been right on with the order

this week
The Amazing Race 9
10:00 PM ET -CBS-
Tonight, one duo gets lost on their way to the road block and ends up at the pit stop instead. Whoops! During a detour, teams frantically try to locate a marked item of clothing among 2,400 pieces of laundry, and one player has a meltdown while trying to assemble a statue

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: March 27, 2006, 01:12:54 PM »
and maybe thats why we see E&J perhaps passing the Hippies on the path if thats the case ? Good thoughts Sups !!!!!!!!!  :jumpy:

Yahoo's been right on with the order

this week
The Amazing Race 9
10:00 PM ET -CBS-
Tonight, one duo gets lost on their way to the road block and ends up at the pit stop instead. Whoops! During a detour, teams frantically try to locate a marked item of clothing among 2,400 pieces of laundry, and one player has a meltdown while trying to assemble a statue

I have to go back and read the flight/team spec info. I don't see how all the teams made the early flight.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #314 on: March 27, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »
So maybe no equalizer or hours of operation this week ?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: March 27, 2006, 01:24:19 PM »
  If we are lucky, this could be the scene where bj/tyler or Eric/Jeremy are running to the pitstop. The scene is on the ground level. Maybe we can spot Phil and the greeter. If Chateau can calculate the time, that'll be helpful.

edit:
and the top view is for Travelocity sightseeing tour only.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:32:06 PM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »
maybe that's Phil and the greeter ???

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #317 on: March 27, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »
off topic , banzai whats your predictions for this Ep ? just curious ?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: March 27, 2006, 01:39:51 PM »
Looking at the laundry scene with David/Lori, Lake/Michelle and the D's. Either it was edited to make it look like David/Lori were on a higher balcony or Lake/Michelle switched balconies. On the last shot of L/M looking up there are no balconies above them.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: March 27, 2006, 01:58:07 PM »
I think L&M switch balconies and maybe seperate from each other at one point

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #320 on: March 27, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »
One problem is we are not 100% sure that the pit stop is Segesta Temple. This is just a logical guess.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: March 27, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »
One problem is we are not 100% sure that the pit stop is Segesta Temple. This is just a logical guess.

We're never a 100% sure. That would take all the fun out of it!  :lol3:

Offline libra

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #322 on: March 27, 2006, 02:21:39 PM »

Chateau, you told me to look at the direction, can you explain why you think they are heading to the theater and not the temple (if it is indeed the pit stop) because the path curves around?

Offline never0102

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #323 on: March 27, 2006, 02:22:22 PM »
I feel by looking at the preview, that Fran and Barry, Lake and Michelle, Dave and Lori, and MAYBE Danielle and Dani are the last three/four teams.

That picture with the numbered statues, the one with Lori as a label thats NOT LORI, ITS LAKE look at the clothes.

With the order at the RB would then be
LM, DD[if there], LD, FB[In LAST]

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2006, 02:28:13 PM »

Chateau, you told me to look at the direction, can you explain why you think they are heading to the theater and not the temple (if it is indeed the pit stop) because the path curves around?

Libra, I had the same question and Chateau explained it well in post #306. The only problem I'm still having is that the road looks more like a wide path and there are no tire markings like in a pic I posted on the supposedly same road (post #301).