Author Topic: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '  (Read 46132 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 4 Title~' Think Like an Office Chair '
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2005, 12:02:52 AM »
Thanks. I tried googling "quadricycle" and "circular bike" without much luck.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2005, 04:27:53 AM »
I am so jealous. I would love to pedal around that track. http://kinnernet2005.editme.com/files/GreatOutdoors/Oct%20Cycle.1.jpg

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2005, 10:23:20 AM »
Leave it to " Pedaler"   {}{
As per Pedaler's link   :yaya:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2005, 10:38:11 AM »
Hey, guys we are really putting this one together in record time (no hunting for strange looking mountains in China!!). Can we make a final determination of which teams are doing the LUMBERJACK DETOUR and who is doing the BLACKJACK DETOUR?

I think that the quad-bike gig at the Talledega Speedway is a team task and will determine what time the leave the next day for the race to Fairview Riverside State Park on the morning of July 13.

I think that the ROADBLOCK for this leg will be completed in New Orleans and will give up the clue for the race to the Pit Stop. From the sound of the previews this should be an elimination point.  I think TPTB wanted to reduce the teams to a manageable number of players before heading overseas.  With an elimination in New Orleans, this would leave only 6 teams (7 if you count the mystery team) to go on to Belize.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2005, 11:31:54 AM »
Gman ..I posted this in another thread ..do you know the link or source for the "Montreal (team with adult and three children spotted but not further identified." 
spoiler ?

From some pretty reliable spoiler information posted on various boards since July 7 it now looks like all TEN teams make it to Huntsville, Alambama (NASA space camp?) at the end of which will be the FIRSTelimination. So that is going to be a douzzy of an opening show on September 27: New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC, South Carolina to Huntsville, Alabama!

From the descriptions and other pretty reliable sightings in Toronto and Montreal it looks like the four Godlewski Sisters make it that far (a team of four girls was spotted in downtown Toronoto) and either the Weavers or Bransens also make it to Montreal (team with adult and three children spotted but not further identified.) Also it looks like the Black Family does not make it to the final five (all white familes supposedly spotted.)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2005, 12:45:59 PM »
Hey, guys we are really putting this one together in record time (no hunting for strange looking mountains in China!!). Can we make a final determination of which teams are doing the LUMBERJACK DETOUR and who is doing the BLACKJACK DETOUR?

I think that the quad-bike gig at the Talledega Speedway is a team task and will determine what time the leave the next day for the race to Fairview Riverside State Park on the morning of July 13.

I think that the ROADBLOCK for this leg will be completed in New Orleans and will give up the clue for the race to the Pit Stop. From the sound of the previews this should be an elimination point.  I think TPTB wanted to reduce the teams to a manageable number of players before heading overseas.  With an elimination in New Orleans, this would leave only 6 teams (7 if you count the mystery team) to go on to Belize.

Blackjack: Bransens, Gaghans, Weavers
Lumberjack: Paolos, Godlewskis, Linzs
Unseen: Schroeders

In Madisonville they'll probbly get a clue that says to make your way to (insert any number of New Orleans landmarks here). Jackson Square is very well known and only two blocks from preservation hall. There are tons of artists and street performers around the perimeter of Jackson Square. Maybe matching something up with one of them could be a task???

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: October 14, 2005, 12:46:43 PM »
I think that the ROADBLOCK for this leg will be completed in New Orleans and will give up the clue for the race to the Pit Stop.

That makes sense. A Roadblock after a Detour. The big chair task looks like the big house task. And the bicycle task doesn't look like a Roadblock.

20. Maybe the Roadblock is at the Preservation Hall in New Orleans. They have to find the right jazzman to match with the one in the given photo.
And then, the Natchez is the Pitstop.

edit: and there's a Yield before a Roadblock. Maybe that's why 1 family was pissed on the way to the Pitstop.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 12:49:46 PM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2005, 01:20:02 PM »
^^ D'oh! We're on the same wavelength. I was thinking about the matching task too  :nods:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2005, 04:50:16 PM »
Didn't someone have the Schroeders at the LUMBERJACK?

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2005, 05:01:46 PM »
Maybe the Schroeders got a Fast Forward...?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2005, 05:29:47 PM »
Roadblock task in New Orleans (Preservation Hall Jazz or Bourbon Street) proceed to RiverBoat Nanchez for Pit Stop.

oops! gman already talked about it and I didn't see.  |(

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2005, 05:37:54 PM »
Didn't someone have the Schroeders at the LUMBERJACK?

After lengthy discussion what looked like the Schroeders doing the Lumberjack are actually the Linzs. Of course, it isn't concrete but it's much more likely to be the Linzs.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2005, 05:55:47 PM »

I think these are the crews trying to demonstrate on how to cut the log. They don't wear any lumber jack clothing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2005, 06:13:22 PM »

I think these are the crews trying to demonstrate on how to cut the log. They don't wear any lumber jack clothing.
That was my first thought too banzai, the demonstraters (s?)   :yaya:
I'm saving the FF for EP5 or maybe 6 .
We probalby just don't see the Schroeders because they are probably lost and I'm thinking last team to arrive .. or is it the Paolo's or Gaghans ? or are the Schroeders the team in Panama that speak French   {l{ ?  what other teams would speak French ? peu petit  |( ,time to read some bios .

edited: reading the bio's didn't help at all as far as French ..my 12yr old is learning French in school soo..?? could be anyone but my first thought was the Schroeders  B:) B:)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 06:18:44 PM by puddin »

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2005, 06:27:38 PM »

That was my first thought too banzai, the demonstraters (s?)   :yaya:
I'm saving the FF for EP5 or maybe 6 .
We probalby just don't see the Schroeders because they are probably lost and I'm thinking last team to arrive ..

I don't see how the Schroeders can get lost and come in last when they are driving to their home state and possibly a pitstop in their hometown. Char works at the Ritz Carlton on Canal Street (and 9 blocks from the river) and would be VERY familiar with downtown New Orleans.

Of course they didn't show us any clips of the Godlewskis last episode and it didn't mean a thing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2005, 06:48:23 PM »
but but but  8-)' ?? OK maybe they get lost on their way to Talladega or they don't do so well in the Lumberjack/Blackjack task?  :)* The webteaser about 2 rival teams racing to the pitstop , whether B/S or not screams Schroeders & Weavers to me .. or Weavers and ?? according to the Aiello's the Weavers didn't get along with any of the teams ..maybe the heavy Weaver editing because their next ? or are the Weavers really getting the final 4 editing?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: October 14, 2005, 06:58:19 PM »
Who knows at this point. I think the Godlewskis do poorly at Lumberjack and watch all the other teams leave the park before them. That's why all the conflict on the road to New Orleans? If this does turn out to be the first FF episode it's the Schroeders for sure. I'm hoping for some newer previews -- hopefully with some signs of New Orleans.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2005, 07:04:54 PM »
Ok my little PC TV  is on  CBS ..( Busch race on TNT ..yesss )   maybe I'll catch a commercial supsandalee :yaya:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2005, 07:53:02 PM »
 Not much ..

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2005, 10:51:18 PM »
Cassie  |#'

the Bransens; green tank top
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:00:50 PM by banzai »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2005, 11:08:49 PM »

Is it just me, or does this picture scream "bitch"?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2005, 11:19:52 PM »

looks like the Gaghans finish before the Paolos. The storm is not here yet.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2005, 10:51:40 AM »
You know that preview clip where the Paolo baby with pubic hair cries about a paper cut?

I think CBS is metering out sour moments with the Paolos because in that shot they have the spy briefcase from Ep 2.

I doubt they would bring it with them to Talladega.  Recycled.   :(*8

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2005, 11:38:54 AM »
You know that preview clip where the Paolo baby with pubic hair cries about a paper cut?

I think CBS is metering out sour moments with the Paolos because in that shot they have the spy briefcase from Ep 2.

I doubt they would bring it with them to Talladega.  Recycled.   :(*8

But in the clip mom Paolo is saying, "Anniston, Anni" when she hits him with the clue and they are wearing the same clothes you see them in at the race track. But the briefcase thing ... I don't know why that's there or how it would come into play. Maybe they got another one??

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2005, 11:54:43 AM »
Opps,  you're right.    |(

Okay, I don't know.  Maybe they like it so much they carry it around for the rest of the the race.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders