Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 45336 times)

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #525 on: January 13, 2022, 12:25:19 AM »
Singing Cops Social Media Timeline

On September 13th, the Singing Cops made a video post on Instagram at an airport wearing large backpacks and saying they're going down to Hollywood for a big opportunity that's "even bigger than Ellen." People that seem to know them post about "safe travels" in the comments and TAR22 alum Katie even wishes them "good luck!":
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwhabeFQZa/

The same day, Mike posts a video on his personal Instagram saying he's at the Buffalo Airport and going down to Hollywood:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwk4J1jj-v/

The same day, Mike posts another video on Instagram of them being picked up by a driver at the airport in LA:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxeRHljzV-/

After that, 8 days of silence on all social media.

Finally, on September 21st, the Singing Cops page posts the following "@thebflostore for being the official store @thesingingcops shopped at for our newest television venture. Very soon the spirit of #Buffalove will be on display for the world to see!!!!!" This may be someone running their account or it may be them: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUF2n5SJ4J2/

The next day, September 22nd, Mike returns to his personal Instagram with this post. It may be someone running the account for him or it may actually be him:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUIDK-CL8Ib/

The next day, September 23rd, Mike makes a video post on his personal Instagram that clearly shows him back home and in his own car. Could be prerecorded but doesn't seem so in my opinion:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CULcmRXjCOn/

From September 23rd and on, Mike regularly goes back to posting similar content he was posting before the 8-day break.

On October 5th, Mike posts on his personal Instagram a video saying he's catching an early morning flight to LA to finish up some business out there:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUpTCNzD8Ii/

On October 7th, the Singing Cops Instagram posts a video with them seeming to exit a hotel lobby and get into a car with the caption "The singing cops signing out , to be continued……":
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUuxj_oFxQJ/

Later that day, the Singing Cops Instagram posts a video of Mike and Moe inside of the car that picked them up from their last post and saying that whatever experience they had was "life changing" and that they can't wait to show us what's next:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUvgEldlCFF/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way I interpret all this is that they flew to LA for sequester starting on September 13th and then likely get eliminated on September 21st, so it seems like they don't last a long time.
But regardless, this CONFIRMS that they did not just fly out to LA to be held for weeks just to show up at the finale, as we can see they flew back out on October 5th for the finale and then left on October 7th.

I figured they were gonna come back just from this lol.
And then judging from this we can now essentially figure out that they're gonna go right back out. Maybe survive one leg, two at most, but they're definitely out early... again, lol.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • BIG MISTAKE
« Reply #526 on: January 13, 2022, 06:55:11 AM »
I'm thinking about Connie & Sam, who got super quiet edits this episode; I'm of the opinion that all teams deserve some type of farewell.

Connie was 6 months pregnant.

Yeah, she just delivered last week.

:conf:
Yes, I'm well aware of the reasons they couldn't come back, and I'm very much happy for their family!

I was moreso stating that TAR should just quickly thank or otherwise reference the teams they can't return out of gratitude for them participating in the first place, rather than simply saying, "four teams can't make it; carry on"
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #527 on: January 13, 2022, 09:19:40 AM »
I'm curious to see how the rest plays out, but with the 7 teams left, let's say I'm not really surprised at the rumoured final 3... lol
I think Anthony/Spencer and Connie/Sam would have been good competition to have around. Hope it's still competitive

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #528 on: January 13, 2022, 09:30:19 AM »
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/amazing-race/listings/

Considering the finale is presumably on March 2nd, the amount of speculated 2 leg countries, and only 7 teams continuing the race, is it possible that the race was shortened to 10 or 11 legs?

There would have to be two more 2-hour episodes for there to be 12 legs.
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: January 13, 2022, 10:15:37 AM »
The finale is on March 2nd (at the latest). Survivor starts the following week with a 2 hour premiere.

Offline Big Mother

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Huge fan of TAR, BB & Survivor
« Reply #530 on: January 13, 2022, 02:34:28 PM »
Little surprised about Taylor & Isaiah, given there was evidence they were present at the finish line in California. Wonder what happened. A little clarification at the outset of next leg would be awesome.

As for the other three teams, Connie was 6 months pregnant, Caro & Ray had split up and Spencer had some health issues across 2020/21 so that may have been the reason they could not return.

Strangely enough, I was most invested in the teams that are returning, so I am happy with the seven that will return for leg 4.

But it bothers me that they werent at the finish line. They couldve all been there. I wonder if we get to see them on zoom at least. If not, then this is a very ignoble farewell for them :(
The World is Waiting For You

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #531 on: January 13, 2022, 04:09:30 PM »
Rumours I kept seeing on TAR's social media posts today say Taylor & Isaiah had a death in the family from Covid, and one of Anthony & Spencer were injured last year. Not sure if there's any truth to it.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #532 on: January 13, 2022, 06:02:48 PM »
Rumours I kept seeing on TAR's social media posts today say Taylor & Isaiah had a death in the family from Covid, and one of Anthony & Spencer were injured last year. Not sure if there's any truth to it.
Anthony & Spencer's reason makes sense since it lines up with the suspicion of one of their health issues.  But I had no idea that that was the issue for Taylor & Isaiah.  My condolences to whichever one's family had the loss.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #533 on: January 13, 2022, 07:36:38 PM »
Specifically, it was Taylor's brother who passed away sometime during early Autumn 2021.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #534 on: January 13, 2022, 08:08:59 PM »

Sorry for their loss.

This would explain why we had '8 teams' on the flight to Zurich. One team withdrew at the last minute.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #535 on: January 13, 2022, 10:46:31 PM »
I wonder if we indeed see 7 teams coming back, the race will still be 12 legs with many NELs or they will cut some. I did check on timeline and spoiler thread about the possible spoiler of race record that TAR detectives had collected but with Taylor/Isaiah 'last minute resignation', im starting to assure myself that there might have been some shift had been done

Disclaimer: not to discredit and offend what TAR detectives have been done to record the race, they have been doing a tremendous job with what they did under difficult circumstances, i just start to wonder if there has been changes done to the race that TAR dets had missed
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:50:06 PM by elthemagnifico »
what might have been

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #536 on: January 13, 2022, 11:08:49 PM »
I like how the Wikis decided on who gets 11th to 8th place, going by lowest to highest placement on the last leg. I guess that's really the only fair way to do it. So:

8th - Anthony & Spencer
9th - Connie & Sam
10th - Caro & Ray
11th - Taylor & Isaiah

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #537 on: January 14, 2022, 12:56:45 AM »
It doubles as a ranking of average position across the first three legs.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: January 14, 2022, 06:06:52 AM »
The next leg have to be NEL, right? No way they would go to 5th leg with 6 teams only.

Cops will get eliminated at 7th place in 5th leg then, I think. Arun and Natalia are more or less confirmed as 4th place and we know our F3.

This leaves Lulu & Lala and Akbar & Sheri as 5th/6th place. I would love Lulu & Lala take that higher position. It would be nice to have both FF teams making F5.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #539 on: January 14, 2022, 10:11:51 AM »
I personally think the four teams that have withdrawn should have been tied for 8th place.

Anthony & Spencer and Dusty & Ryan got along so well together and they could have formed a good bro alliance till the middle of the season.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #540 on: January 14, 2022, 10:29:43 AM »
The next leg have to be NEL, right? No way they would go to 5th leg with 6 teams only.

Obviously.

Nonetheless, the scheduled finale date in early March implies that there are fewer than twelve legs barring multiple unannounced double-episodes.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2022, 10:35:43 AM »
I personally think the four teams that have withdrawn should have been tied for 8th place.

Either this or to not have placements at all. I checked the wiki and it's honestly bull**** that they gave them placements based on average positions in three legs. They should put them in "not returned" status or something like that. 

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #542 on: January 14, 2022, 10:54:51 AM »
It's moot at this point in all honesty.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #543 on: January 14, 2022, 02:22:53 PM »

Cops will get eliminated at 7th place in 5th leg then, I think. Arun and Natalia are more or less confirmed as 4th place and we know our F3.

This leaves Lulu & Lala and Akbar & Sheri as 5th/6th place. I would love Lulu & Lala take that higher position. It would be nice to have both FF teams making F5.
How are Arun & Natalia confirmed as F4? I saw a lot of speculation that that was the case but nothing really concrete beyond that.
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: January 14, 2022, 02:40:21 PM »
Social media speculation akin to the Cops'.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: January 14, 2022, 04:09:47 PM »

Undoubtedly. Feels like after all this cast went through, they owe the teams at least one leg before an elimination. Plus they'd be down to 6 teams at the fifth leg.

Akbar & Sheri last longer than I expected. Personally, they remind me of another Chuck & Wynona. That scene in the first episode where he wasn't listening to her was like a flashback to the Make Your Meal Detour in Vietnam ("Mr. Know-It-All!")
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 04:13:53 PM by Maanca »

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #546 on: January 14, 2022, 04:27:26 PM »
The latest Sneak Peek has the mountain trekking task as a Roadblock, so the flag challenge versus that vegetable-Zorb thing is likely the Detour

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #547 on: January 17, 2022, 09:21:13 PM »
Do we have any idea on what the roadblock count rules will be for Michael and Moe (since they missed the first 2 roadblocks)?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #548 on: January 17, 2022, 09:42:29 PM »

How are Arun & Natalia confirmed as F4? I saw a lot of speculation that that was the case but nothing really concrete beyond that.

Honestly, with the line up, it was obvious to me who would be the final three too. And also not hard to guess the winner because there was just one team that keeps getting previews and special edits on social media sites (Youtube). I might be wrong, but it is what it is! LOL

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #549 on: January 18, 2022, 01:05:19 AM »
Do we have any idea on what the roadblock count rules will be for Michael and Moe (since they missed the first 2 roadblocks)?

Probably a maximum of six roadblocks, but I really doubt it will come into play.