Author Topic: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 44848 times)

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 (2nd try!) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #300 on: October 12, 2021, 06:49:26 AM »
I have a feeling that the theme might be some type of heroes season like what TARCAN did. You have Spencer & Anthony who stopped a terrorist attack, Sam & Connie who made local news for helping an athlete without a home live with them, you have Ryan who was wrongfully accused of murder and helps those who were also wrongfully accused, Akbar who is a hero fro all the local teachers, cops (although debatable), etc. Only team I have trouble fitting into this theme is Ray & Caro.
  What??? Can you do a list please and include a link that explains each of these please? News articles or whatever...

Spencer & Anthony: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/americans-stopped-french-train-attack-stabbed-california/story%3fid=34340898
Connie & Sam: https://www.google.com/amp/s/myfox8.com/news/nc-high-school-football-coach-finds-out-his-teams-quarterback-is-homeless-so-he-invites-him-to-move-in/amp/
Ryan & Dusty: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/ryan-ferguson-freed-spending-decade-prison-murder/story%3fid=20867889
Akbar & Sheridan: https://www.complex.com/life/2020/12/principal-akbar-h-cook-newark-west-side-high
Michael & Moe: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/buffalo-new-york-singing-cops-michael-norwood-moe-badger-band-together-viral-video-2019-04-16/
Raquel & Cayla: https://www.dreamtown.com/agents/raquel-moore (last paragraph talks about their volunteer work)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #301 on: October 12, 2021, 06:58:39 AM »
I have a feeling that the theme might be some type of heroes season like what TARCAN did. You have Spencer & Anthony who stopped a terrorist attack, Sam & Connie who made local news for helping an athlete without a home live with them, you have Ryan who was wrongfully accused of murder and helps those who were also wrongfully accused, Akbar who is a hero fro all the local teachers, cops (although debatable), etc. Only team I have trouble fitting into this theme is Ray & Caro.

I don't get how Radio DJ's are heroes.

I think they are heroes for diversity and inclusion of Latin/Hispanic culture in the US and representation in the media industry, that's what I think of.

https://ktu.iheart.com/featured/lulu-y-lala/about/

Born in North Bergen, New Jersey, television and radio personalities and twin sisters Lulu & Lala began to captivate the Latin market in 2007 as part of the syndicated Luis Jimenez Show. Six years later, these Cuban-Salvadorian sisters moved to the English radio market and co-hosted the Ty Loves NY morning show. That was followed by a 2 year trip down South to do their own show in afternoons in Miami. In addition, throughout their tenure the girls have been regular correspondents for the entertainment news show "El Gordo y la Flaca,” Univision's highest rated national TV show, and have also corresponded for many events including Premios Juventud, Premio Lo Nuestro, the Latin Grammys and the multiple auditions for Nuestra Belleza Latina in New York.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: October 12, 2021, 04:44:16 PM »
Did Spencer and Anthony return to film this in 2021? Do we know?

I am also curious about this. Both Spencer and Anthony's last Instagram postings are in August, before the September-October filming. So technically they could have come back? I also noted Akbar posted something on his Instagram on October 2 which looked like a live post...did Akbar and Sheridan return? Who is the third team who didn't come back alongside Sam & Connie and Ray & Caro?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: October 12, 2021, 05:06:19 PM »
Apparently teams eliminated during 2021 filming were not sequestered and returned home after their elimination. Someone mentioned here that singing cops and husbands did not make it to Greece because they exposed themselves at Instagram. I think we can most likely find some clues about other teams as well if we look closely to their SM accounts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: October 12, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »
Did Spencer and Anthony return to film this in 2021? Do we know?

I am also curious about this. Both Spencer and Anthony's last Instagram postings are in August, before the September-October filming. So technically they could have come back? I also noted Akbar posted something on his Instagram on October 2 which looked like a live post...did Akbar and Sheridan return? Who is the third team who didn't come back alongside Sam & Connie and Ray & Caro?

Apparently teams eliminated during 2021 filming were not sequestered and returned home after their elimination. Someone mentioned here that singing cops and husbands did not make it to Greece because they exposed themselves at Instagram. I think we can most likely find some clues about other teams as well if we look closely to their SM accounts.

So supposedly Ray/Caro, Sam/Connie and (Spencer/Anthony or Akbar/Sheridan) didn't return.

Akbar wasn't posting when filming started - no significant content compared to Sam.

Penn/Kim and Lulu/Lala have ppl running their accounts.

And at least 5/8 teams were in LA on the finale filming dates. I don't think eliminated teams were at the finish line tbh but that is unconfirmed.

That's all I can say atm.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 12:19:18 AM by fossil-racer »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #305 on: October 13, 2021, 05:48:25 AM »
You guys are totally amazing. Very proud of you ALL.

AMAZING DETECTIVE WORK.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #306 on: October 13, 2021, 05:54:14 AM »
  What??? Can you do a list please and include a link that explains each of these please? News articles or whatever...

Spencer & Anthony: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/americans-stopped-french-train-attack-stabbed-california/story%3fid=34340898
Connie & Sam: https://www.google.com/amp/s/myfox8.com/news/nc-high-school-football-coach-finds-out-his-teams-quarterback-is-homeless-so-he-invites-him-to-move-in/amp/
Ryan & Dusty: https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/ryan-ferguson-freed-spending-decade-prison-murder/story%3fid=20867889
Akbar & Sheridan: https://www.complex.com/life/2020/12/principal-akbar-h-cook-newark-west-side-high
Michael & Moe: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/buffalo-new-york-singing-cops-michael-norwood-moe-badger-band-together-viral-video-2019-04-16/
Raquel & Cayla: https://www.dreamtown.com/agents/raquel-moore (last paragraph talks about their volunteer work)

You gave us our theme Jjw26. AMAZING work!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #307 on: October 13, 2021, 06:27:40 AM »
More on Ryan:

TV shows: Unlocking the Truth

ALL the News Articles:
http://www.kathleentzellner.com/ryan-ferguson

Movie: Dream Killer
  (on Netflix) https://www.netflix.com/title/80081990
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #308 on: October 13, 2021, 06:59:45 AM »
Gosh I am SO proud of all you guys!   :ghug:

Have a new excitement to learn more on everyone's stories!!

Keep them coming!!   :kuss: :luvya: :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2021, 03:49:22 AM »
My prediction  is that the mega leg is 2 legs, placing the 400th leg on tar33 ep 11 ....suggesting that the mega leg is not a single leg....hence non elimination  :-* :clap2:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: November 10, 2021, 06:16:31 PM »
Wonder if they implemented some new alliance-stemming rule like they said they were looking into after last season - https://www.primetimer.com/item/The-Amazing-Race-creators-express-frustration-with-Season-32s-mass-alliance-and-give-an-update-on-Season-33-pgSAqW

I'm sure they saw the problem with it when they finished filming but didn't realize until it aired how big the backlash would be. Shows like TAR need drama and suspense, and the "Mine Five" sucked that right out :(

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: November 19, 2021, 05:11:18 PM »
Hey Yall!! Long time not been here :P
I can't wait for this to be back on my tv, and Jan 5th is sooo soon  :cheer:

Regarding the legs and countries visites, I think it's clear that we have 3 episodes pre-covid (Either 3 UK legs, which would be odd, or at least 2)

Leg 1: London, UK (Feb 22-23)
Leg 2: Glasgow, UK (Feb 24-25)
Leg 3:  ?? (Feb 26-28) Either somewhere in the UK/Scotland or tiny chance of having a leg somewhere in Sweden (with 2 legs planned in Sweden and the polar one being the one they stopped just in time, but perhaps there was another one before that? Unless we have proof that teams were in Glasgow when the race stopped for racers).

Show got stopped on the 28th
Here is where it get's interesting. There is a possibility that the day teams arrive in a new city is NOT a race day (but they stay isoldated for the rest of the day) and only race the next day... It's just an hypothesis but it would make sense to test everyone and make them start the next day (and we know this is the case for the finale)

September 16th: We know the race started again filming with the plane going to Zurich, Switzerland.
September 17th: 8 Teams arrived in Zurich in the afternoon
September 18th: Leg 4 in Switzerland?
September 19th:
September 20th: Leg 5 in the Alps between Switzerland and finish in Milan, Italy?
September 21th:

September 22th: Flight from Milan to Bastia around noon
September 23th: Leg 6 around Bastia and Northern Corse
September 24th:
September 25th: Leg 7 in Southern Corse (Pinarello sighting)

September 26th: Flight from Bastia to  Figari, France then to Thessaloniki around Noon
September 27th: Leg 8 somewhere in Northern Greece, maybe Thessaloniki 1
September 28th:
September 29th: Leg 9 Pitstop in Aristotelous Square, Thessaloniki, Greece

September 30th: Flight from Thessaloniki to Lisboa, Portugal arriving around 11 AM
October 1th: Leg 10? in Portugal?
October 2th:
October 3th: Leg 11?
October 4th: Lisbon to Portsmouth, then to L.A, arriving in L.A around 18h
October 5th:
October 6th: Finale?

Or was the finale the 5th? I'm not sure if they would keep the teams for like 36 hours before the finale, but it's possible.

Also, speculation for leg 11. I would say somewhere in Rural Portugal or maybe a small chance of Western Spain. If they had cars, they really could travel anywhere. maybe even a tiny small chance of Morocco, like they did in Season 3 (doing Portugal/Spain/Morocco by car). Was Morocco safe by then? It would be 'cool' to add an extra continent lol

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #312 on: November 19, 2021, 06:26:25 PM »
According to Ross Crystal's interview with Bertram van Munster, he was at Northern Sweden on Feb 28/20 along with Phil and production crew when the production was planned to shoot the third leg in Sweden before the announcement of production suspension.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #313 on: November 19, 2021, 06:45:05 PM »
According to Ross Crystal's interview with Bertram van Munster, he was at Northern Sweden on Feb 28/20 along with Phil and production crew when the production was planned to shoot the third leg in Sweden before the announcement of production suspension.

So we only have two episode before?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #314 on: November 19, 2021, 10:40:05 PM »

So we only have two episode before?
From all the sources I've seen, it seems like three episodes were filmed and all of them were in the UK.
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #315 on: November 20, 2021, 02:53:13 AM »
Do we know who were original first three teams eliminated in 2020? We know about cops... I read somewhare that DJ twins were 2nd out? Is there confirmation for that?

I wonder how many from these three teams returned for 2021 filming.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #316 on: November 20, 2021, 07:33:09 AM »
We KNOW that the contestants and camera/sound crew did not ever make it to Sweden. They were sent back home to the United States from Glasgow via London. They were back home by March 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xxcLBU6ak

Start watching at 2:00

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #317 on: November 20, 2021, 09:03:24 AM »
He doesn't mention the teams, HE was in Glasgow, but doesn't the production team split in two? Like they alternate legs. (someone with more experience needs to confirm this lol)
Maybe they were filming leg 3 somewhere and he was going to Sweden for leg 4 from the leg 2 destination.

But the most logic explanation is that they film another leg around Glasgow (or maybe a keep on racing) on the 25-26th of Feb because they knew they were limited with the upcoming coronavirus getting bigger, and figured one leg in England and two legs in Scotland didn't count as 3 legs in the same country lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #318 on: November 20, 2021, 10:25:52 AM »
The TAR Detective team knew what the next leg was. It was not Glasgow. There was a lot of buzz about Stockholm but nothing confirmed IIRC. Our unseen leg was in Sweden.. THAT location was the next leg and was being readied.. (withheld at the time in case there was hope of restart.)

LINK : https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/an-interview-with-bertram-van-munster-executive/id1518080714?i=1000494531891
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 04:13:38 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2021, 09:17:42 PM »
So only 2 episodes then? (If i understand correctly) or when you say unseen leg you mean our leg 3 that was filmed but not seen by anyone?

The TAR Detective team knew what the next leg was. It was not Glasgow. There was a lot of buzz about Stockholm but nothing confirmed IIRC. Our unseen leg was in Sweden.. THAT location was the next leg and was being readied.. (withheld at the time in case there was hope of restart.)

LINK : https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/an-interview-with-bertram-van-munster-executive/id1518080714?i=1000494531891

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2021, 09:51:42 PM »
My opinion was that I feel like the 2-hour premiere will cover legs 1 and 2 in London and Glasgow, and then it will end on a "To be continued..." cliffhanger with the announcement that the race has been shutdown.

I could be totally wrong, but I think only two full legs were completed. Maybe filming for leg 3 did start, but it was just Pit Start departures and they never flew to Sweden; production just shut down after everyone left the Pit Start, but before they left on an airplane out of Glasglow. If that's the case, they'd probably just tack that on to the very end of the 2-hour premiere.

I'd love to be wrong and have it turn out that they did 3 whole completed legs, but then I don't get why they'd make it a 2-hour premiere, so hmmm...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 09:55:02 PM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #321 on: November 24, 2021, 09:33:56 AM »
Two UK legs confirmed.  But we had a lot of other info at the time suggesting that there had been 3 legs so dunno? I always wondered about Northern Ireland.....

The next leg was to be our aborted Sweden Arctic Circle episode. LULEA.

Teams never arrived in Sweden (to the best of my knowledge), although the tasks were set up and production was there. Teams  would have arrived that morning.  Confirmation of that here from BVM at about the 3 min mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdkkMXo7d6c&ab_channel=ShowbizUpFront

And IIRC the first task appeared to be  set up for EIGHT racers. Possible have to open an ice block to get clue?  :duno:
The entire production team disappeared shortly after this was taken. Probably about when the filming was cancelled.

But a 2 hour premiere alone would of course not rule out some sort of a third leg Explanation so don't use that as your reference. I don't think that we would see the abandoned leg but oh boy...would dearly love to see that happen!

Photo requires permission to copy please...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 09:39:34 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #322 on: November 24, 2021, 10:09:24 AM »
This is going to be a season, just like the early days where every preview clip and moments of episodes is going to have to be freeze framed and screen capped to look fot the tiniest of details. I think it’s fair to say that even the pre-pandemic pause filming has a bit of ambiguity that makes such combing through necessary. And that sort of treatment will be the case even more so with the legs that were filmed after production resume. Welcome back to the good old days!
-- theschnauzers

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #323 on: November 24, 2021, 11:20:51 AM »
There was an article back when everything stopped that talked about a leg in Ireland (or was it Northern Ireland? I don't remember)
So I think we should keep this in mind!

Offline H_E_L_L_O

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #324 on: November 24, 2021, 12:32:18 PM »
I wonder if the Sweden leg was going to be a KOR leg. This could explain why they suspended production in the UK since while, at the time of filming, Sweden was safer than Northern Italy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:00:54 AM by H_E_L_L_O »