Author Topic: TAR 32 EPISODE 3 Live Show Updates & Commentary 10/28/20 *NEW TIME 8PM*  (Read 14259 times)

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 32 EPISODE 3 Live Show Updates & Commentary 10/28/20 *NEW TIME 8PM*
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2020, 08:02:42 PM »
James: Leo & Alana is right behind us.

Does that reminds anyone of anything?
The first u-turn ever : TAR12 Leg 4, where Shana & Jennifer thought Jason & Lorena we’re right behind them (incorrectly)
Good guess, mine is a bit different.

Hint: Leo & Alana didn't think they would get u-turned.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »
That was a great episode with the frenzied shopping task and real Pit Start beginning. I'm disappointed the Pit Stop placement announcements stopped again though.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2020, 08:03:22 PM »
Next week is two hours (Legs 4 and 5) but they only previewed Leg 4 at the end of the episode.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2020, 08:04:57 PM »
Reallyyyyyy not a fan of U-Turns right before a Pit Stop. If they had a Roadblock before the Pit Stop, it would have been an almost perfect episode but the U-Turn right before the Pit Stop ruined it for me.
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »
Missed almost 2/3 of the episode kek, overslept. But judging from the commentary, it looks chaos and frantic, and I'm here for it, will catch up in a matter.

Reallyyyyyy not a fan of U-Turns right before a Pit Stop. If they had a Roadblock before the Pit Stop, it would have been an almost perfect episode but the U-Turn right before the Pit Stop ruined it for me.

The detour was amazing but  did they have to put it on the very last task before the pitstop, and adding u turn on it is no bueno. Wish they had a small task or something before the pit stop if they decided to not have the RB in the leg
what might have been

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2020, 08:15:36 PM »
I think it will be better if the editing keeps us unknown of who Will & James and the blondes u-turned, and reveal it only when Leo & Alana arrived at the U-turn board. It helps to keep the suspense.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2020, 08:16:06 PM »
The U-Turn brought out quite a bit of drama this leg as two opposing alliances have emerged. Unfortunate that Jerry & Frank got caught in the crossfire due to falling behind.
The market task was a compete mess, and I loved it.
The Detour was a nice slice of life of the Dessana.
I'm with you Kacper. I prefer U-Turns earlier the leg.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
I prefer another task or two after a u-turn but am pleased that they put the u-turn back after the detour instead of before it like the last couple seasons.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2020, 08:19:17 PM »
I prefer another task or two after a u-turn but am pleased that they put the u-turn back after the detour instead of before it like the last couple seasons.

Ditto

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »
THANK YOU RACHEL!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2020, 08:52:25 PM »
I don't mind all of the strategy and alliances, but I think the volleyball twins are doing too much.
Like it's ok to help others if they ask for it, but going out of your way to tell one of your alliance members when they are doing something wrong is too much. Like when they told the football players that they were doing the roof wrong.
Or in the market also.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2020, 08:52:53 PM »
I think if you're putting a Pit Stop right after the U-Turn they should make the leg a non-elimination because it really doesn't give the U-Turned teams to catch up.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2020, 09:17:15 PM »
This season's tagline is "Read your Clue" :funny: :funny:

Loved the u-turn after detour.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
All teams are confused and I'm loving it. Will & James are missing their fish, teams are getting on the wrong boat, Hung & Chee realize their mistake, teams forget their groceries, and Riley & Madisson are the first to have everything correct. :lol:

Leo & Alana realize their mistake and rush back.
The volleyballers and boyfriends are 1st and 2nd place. James is producing tears of joy. Kaylynn & Haley's stuff were on the sand so their groceries are ready to go and they skyrocket up to 3rd. Hung & Chee, DeAngelo & Gary, and Leo & Alana have to go back to the market to buy new stuff because the mess is that disorganized. :clap2:

Commercial break! Wooo!
The most iconic series of unfortunate events since TAR19's "charity" in Yogyakarta
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2020, 11:09:51 PM »
This leg was really chaotic and I loved it!

Almost every team not reading their clue after the market task provided for a really great start to this episode. The market task as a whole was really great.

The Detour was a great showcasing of Amazonian culture. The cooking task was really fun to watch, while the roof-building task caused for some great meltdowns.

This cast is being fantastic, really hope this cast remains like this for the rest of the season!

The U-Turn drama in this episode was really great as well.

Rating: 5/5

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2020, 12:24:40 AM »
I loved that they visited Manaus but only a Detour and no Roadblock? Disappointed.

I don't mind much for Will & James or Leo & Alana but this U-Turn move was weird and pointless. I hope they get revenge on that.

4 different countries in the first 4 episodes is nice. Way to go!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2020, 03:03:36 AM »
Totally the best Brazil episode since TAR 18. Loved the indigenous tasks.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2020, 03:08:40 AM »
I loved that they visited Manaus but only a Detour and no Roadblock? Disappointed.

I don't mind much for Will & James or Leo & Alana but this U-Turn move was weird and pointless. I hope they get revenge on that.

4 different countries in the first 4 episodes is nice. Way to go!
I agree but I've watched this show long enough to know that something like this happened almost every seasons. There're a lot of behind the scene interactions that we simply don't have the privilege to know.

I'm not taking side here but maybe, Will & James noticed Leo & Alana overheard/eavesdropped them in the previous leg and annoyed that they used that information to affect the outcome of the race therefore, viewing them as a sneaky team.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:14:06 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2020, 03:20:03 AM »
It came across to me as incredibly hypocritical that James didn't like Leo & Alana/Haley & Kaylynn working together... but then proceeded to orchestrate the alliance of 5 to work together the whole leg. I also cringed at all the comments James made about being in the Amazon, they seem to be a bit fake to me at the moment  B:)

Leo & Alana were 100% spot on when they said they wouldn't get a valid reason for the U-Turn. So glad the blondes stepped in to help them with the U-Turn, I love their alliance  :2hearts:

The leg structure again was shocking and I'm kinda disappointed we didn't see more of the Amazon but the teams all brought it once again   :luvya:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2020, 05:41:54 AM »
What happened with all the KOR thing?  ???

Have to rewatch ....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2020, 05:57:20 AM »
It came across to me as incredibly hypocritical that James didn't like Leo & Alana/Haley & Kaylynn working together... but then proceeded to orchestrate the alliance of 5 to work together the whole leg. I also cringed at all the comments James made about being in the Amazon, they seem to be a bit fake to me at the moment  B:)

Leo & Alana were 100% spot on when they said they wouldn't get a valid reason for the U-Turn. So glad the blondes stepped in to help them with the U-Turn, I love their alliance  :2hearts:

The leg structure again was shocking and I'm kinda disappointed we didn't see more of the Amazon but the teams all brought it once again   :luvya:
I remember in Leg 1, Leo & Alana said they wanted other teams to underestimate them. I think Leo & Alana is the kind of team who plays social game to win the race. There's a team in the past that won the race by creating alliances with everyone & dropping them when the situation called for and was viewed as a weak team.

I think that's why they didn't want to have Leo & Alana around and thought they're a threat. Keep in mind that Will & James had watched every seasons of TAR and none of the teams knew each other coming in the race. Will & James aren't fake or hypocrite and neither are Leo & Alana. They're just playing to win.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 06:23:45 AM by alecbaldwin »

Offline alecbaldwin

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2020, 06:00:28 AM »
Will & James are buying a strainer (Brooke must be having bad flashbacks :funny:)
I know, right?!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2020, 08:37:19 AM »
Loved the episode, so chaotic and out of all the US Brazil visits made on TAR, this was my favorite.
I most especially loved the immersion to the lives of the Dessana Tribe.
Plus points to the editors for some airport interactions scenes.
I wish we got more into the Amazon even more. It would have been better.

However, I'm quite disappointed that we did not get a Roadblock. While the placement of the U-Turn is proper (after Detour). Finally, thank you the producers, you are indeed going back to basics. Hooray
But before the Pit Stop? No. It would have added an extra flavor if there was a presence of a Roadblock after the Detour as this will allow the U-Turned Teams to catch-up as the Roadblock might as well trip up some other teams which will be a suspenseful finish to the Pit Stop.

3rd episode in, I can clearly see who I will be rooting for moving forward. Love: Michelle & Victoria, DeAngelo & Gary, Hung & Chee

I most certainly hate the Pro Volleyball Brothers, Maddison & Riley. Helping their so called "Core Alliance" at almost every opportunity, much like spoonfeeding. I found it very over the top.
Let's see how far can this alliance go. It's gonna get blurred toward the end. They’re gonna turn their backs on each other. I will love it if it happens! Great TV!

I found Alana's Rachel-like attitude at the Detour and villanous attitude at the Pit Stop quite annoying,
the same goes with Will & James rolling their eyes/making faces at Hayley & Kaylynn/Leo & Alana alliance, when they themselves, have an alliance with 4 other teams, the same with what Oval has mentioned above.But then, again, this is a good storyline in the succeeding episodes. I just hope it does not fizzle-out and make truce. Superfans vs the Sneaky Nerds. Leo & Alana should get revenge!

Sad for Frank & Jerry as they were victims of the machinations of Leo & Alana.
Had Jerry & Frank and Michelle & Victoria read their clue and did not make mistakes,
the outcome could have been different. The alliances have their battle lines drawn, this leaves Michelle & Victoria on the outs. The Cajun Asians are by themselves and this could affect them directly or indirectly.

At the Pit Stop, the placement announcements and reactions are inconsistent.

Overall, a near-perfect episode with a couple of missed opportunities

8.5/10

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:24:51 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2020, 09:42:54 AM »

Have to rewatch ....

The clue Phil had in the press photos at the end of Leg 2 seemed to be the "Use the app to book your flights" and then the teams came back out to the pit start in the middle of the night to start Leg 3.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »

Have to rewatch ....

The clue Phil had in the press photos at the end of Leg 2 seemed to be the "Use the app to book your flights" and then the teams came back out to the pit start in the middle of the night to start Leg 3.

OOOHHH. Odd if they did not show them using them using the actual app..just for advertising reasons.

Just starting my rewatch so will look for that! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule: